Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-03-29, 03:10   Link #21
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I think of bottom button as accept, and right button as cancel. Doesn't really matter what the letters on them are.
Same here. The PSX was my first real console (GameBoy aside), so it's what I grew up with as gamer.
X - Ok
O - Cancel
/\ - Menu
It's just the most comfortable considering my hand position on the controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
It's not somehing I ever really gave thought to though... 30 seconds with any game and I'll be fine. Even when going between third person view games where the camera controls are inversed.
It confuses me when it's switched, and when it's not changeable I need HOURS to get it right, only to fall back to it occasional.

Funny thing: I hate it when the camera isn't inverted. Specially with shooters, even so there it should be the other way around, but that way I have real trouble aiming.
It's not that much of a problem since pretty much every game nowadays let's you change it .. but because of it I have some problem with Batman: Arkham Asylum. I can change it to inverse, but when I go through a tunnel with it the controls go ape shit and when I want to move forward Batman goes backwards forward (like going foward with the wrong front). Not a great idea for stealthing when your butt goes first and you don't see what's coming Kinda made me think of I should use that game to get used to the 'normal' camera. ... I tried it too on FF XIII, but I had to change the camera after half an hour to inverse again because I kept on shifting in weird angles. Meh.
Is there a therapy for it?

It's a habit thing I guess, just like with the buttons.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 15:01   Link #22
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

i preferred X
its more comfortable for me
but if i am playing japanese game my brain is auto-set adapting to O
Old 2010-03-30, 03:54   Link #23
BradiosForever

I'm programmed for X = Accept and O = Cancel. The only time i need it the other way around is when im playing good 'ol MGS1
BradiosForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 05:17   Link #24
saRay
ろりこん

O for accept here, since I play mostly japanese games.Even if default is X I try to change it if it's possible.
saRay is offline   Reply With Quote