4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-21, 23:30   Link #81
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

"fillers" are only scenes that were completely made up by the anime team with zero input from the mangaka. A lot of scenes in AoT were things that were supposed to be in the manga, but couldn't be added due to a limited number of pages of a monthly manga... is what i heard.
Old 2013-09-21, 23:31   Link #82
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
You asked.

I'm pretty sure this was made by the same person who made the same dialogue in a similar scenario.

You what?

Eren : Screw you! She's my girl! She's my future waifu! Not you! Cause Annie's my bitch! And you're just my sister! Not my waifu! *in denial*

By the way, I'm really disappointed of how the animators made some twists from the manga series that don't sit right with me.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 23:35   Link #83
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Who knows what is filler. Isayama was the one who wrote the new scenes from the last two episodes. I wonder if something about this episode was suggested by Isayama too.
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 23:36   Link #84
peskylemur25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
It's not a spoiler.
So what happen to claymore did they just stop making the anime or totally different ending?

Believe In the power of the survey corp or the author who will always have input on the anime.

And yeah what spoiler was in his/her signature?
peskylemur25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 23:36   Link #85
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Whoa, man. Mikasa was already a little screwy but in this episodes she's just totally dark matter. *shivers* Oh the other hand, we got a real big close up of her big blue yandere eyes.

After seeing Eren transform so many times it just feels necessary to hear him do his titan berserker cry other wise it just wouldn't be the same..
Old 2013-09-21, 23:43   Link #86
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The producer from the anime already said they don't want to make an original ending so there is no need to be afraid of the second coming of Claymore
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...ttack-on-titan
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 00:05   Link #87
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Funny, the place where the FT, surrounded by buildings is like an area. UFC! UFC! UFC!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 00:07   Link #88
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Man Mikasa was just scary in there . Well done though.

Props to Armin for saying enough to get Eren on the move. He may not want to fight someone he knows, but this is a serious situation here. Annie is ready and willing to kill them all in order to get out of this alive. Still don't have a clue what she's trying to accomplish, but she's got to be stopped right now.

As expected the only thing those guards are good at are getting in the way. Though I wonder if even injured Levi is more useful than sending Erwin out there...
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
The producer from the anime already said they don't want to make an original ending so there is no need to be afraid of the second coming of Claymore
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...ttack-on-titan
God that was horrible though. Love to meet the guy who said "hey let's make an original ending, but doesn't actually resolve anything!"
Old 2013-09-22, 00:46   Link #89
Zburator

To be fair to the Military Police, there is nothing you can really expect from them in these circumstances. The Survey Corps just started a capture operation on their own turf without them having any idea of what's going on. Not to mention, none of them have any titan fighting experience and people expect them to go in a fight with the most dangerous of one to date? Yeah, if I was in the MPs, I wouldn't want to get involved either.

I think it's going to be a case of, "Erwin, you provoked the titan, you get rid of it".
Zburator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 00:55   Link #90
darklegends8

Hanji was just too awesome this episode
Old 2013-09-22, 00:57   Link #91
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zburator View Post
To be fair to the Military Police, there is nothing you can really expect from them in these circumstances. The Survey Corps just started a capture operation on their own turf without them having any idea of what's going on. Not to mention, none of them have any titan fighting experience and people expect them to go in a fight with the most dangerous of one to date? Yeah, if I was in the MPs, I wouldn't want to get involved either.

I think it's going to be a case of, "Erwin, you provoked the titan, you get rid of it".
Isn't it more like "Erwin, you provoked the titan, you get rid of it....while we stand here pointing firearms at you and not letting you actually move." Certainly not surprising they are freezing up, but it seems like some people are only able to move while being a hindrance.

Well hopefully for Erwin he has a convincing speech ready to get himself out of one dangerous situation. Just so he can get himself into an entirely different dangerous situation .
Old 2013-09-22, 01:00   Link #92
Zburator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Isn't it more like "Erwin, you provoked the titan, you get rid of it....while we stand here pointing firearms at you and not letting you actually move." Certainly not surprising they are freezing up, but it seems like some people are only able to move while being a hindrance.

Well hopefully for Erwin he has a convincing speech ready to get himself out of one dangerous situation. Just so he can get himself into an entirely different dangerous situation .
Yeah. Hopefully they'll get past that. But it seems the deteriorating relations between the Military Police and Survey Corps is going to blow up at some point. That's the feeling I get from this anyway.
Zburator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 01:38   Link #93
Flolan

I was hesitating to post earlier because i had mixed feelings about this episode. First of all i thought that someone who hasnt read the manga would probably like this episode a lot more. Manga readers cant help but endlessly compare and its not necessarily a good thing. Like BatouFTW mentioned in an earlier post, anime only watchers are fully enjoying this, something we really arent able to.

The action was pretty cool through the episode. Crazed Hanji was definately a star. Just gotta love her. xD

I think Eren's confusion and hesitation would have made a lot more sense if they had added more Eren+Annie scenes they had in the manga. Like others already mentioned Annie offered to tutor Eren on hand to hand combat. I have been hoping every episode that they would add that scene as a flashback but no luck..

I have to admit though, Eren spewing blood all around while being terrible wounded was pretty lol Any normal person would have died. Armin and Jean didnt seem too worried either, guess they knew Eren is harder to kill than a cockroach.

Regarding the anime ending its clear they want to leave things open. So that they can come back and continue the series later. If they did an anime original ending and wrapped things up, it would pretty much mean there would be no more AoT anime. And trust me, they want to continue milking this cash cow, they would be stupid not to.

Last edited by Flolan; 2013-09-22 at 01:53.
Flolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 01:43   Link #94
Raviel

I never really thought about this when I read the equivalent manga chapters but I'm starting to think the author and animation studios are going to continue to have to make excuses for Levi not to fight

90% of what happened in this episode wouldn't have happened if Levi wasn't injured XD
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 01:49   Link #95
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Oh my Mikasa.

Are you jealous that Eren has feelings for Annie? lol

That might explain why i seen a lot of shipping pics between those three.

Anyway, great episode. The animation and music was nice as well. And it's time for the finale!
Old 2013-09-22, 01:55   Link #96
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
The fuck is with dem faces this episode?

First half felt kinda rushed, but the 2nd half was crazy enough to keep stuff going. And stop slacking Eren!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 02:32   Link #97
Kakurin
大佐

Well, we're heading towards the finale and as such I'm curious how Annie will be caught. Especially since Eren honestly is inferior in hand-to-hand combat.
Old 2013-09-22, 02:41   Link #98
Parchevich

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatouFTW View Post
I'm a non-manga viewer and I feel sorry for people who see this incredible emotion and character development as "filler" because "it wasn't in the manga." Let me tell you, if you come to this stuff without preconceptions, the feels are over 9000. It's like reading ASOIAF books for the first time (before the TV show... much respect to TV watchers of that who are managing to avoiding the book spoilers). I like the person who commented that Eren is a creature of emotion. That is his strength and his weakness, as has been consistently displayed. Powered by rage and inhibited by love/loyalty in a zankoku na sekai where you have to be willing to throw away everything or you cannot win. Your "filler" is my "one of the best scenes in anime history".

This, both about the "filler" and about Eren. But I guess some people would just want another one-dimensional goon that would be willing to fight his grandma without hesitation at a moment's notice, because that's soooo interesting and complex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Though Mikasa looked like a real psycho when talking to Eren. I have to question her mental stability more than Annie's. She is too obsessed. If she keeps it up, she'll turn into Yuno soon and I hated her.
You take every opportunity to hate on Mikasa, and it's getting annoying. She had an intense face on, just like Eren in the same screenshot, but she's "psycho"? I don't think you're in any position to call her that, with the way you've been slobbering over Annie and tying yourself into pretzels trying to excuse her actions.
Parchevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 02:41   Link #99
zibi88

but I was kinda rooting for armin to call mikasa becouse eren has been seriously wounded.... kinda let mikasa see eren in that state and allow her enter ultra rage mode as annie did that...

other option was annie noticing what she did to eren and just helpes him out by lifting that boulders.... but nah nothing like that happened

its kinda sad that they did the filler part here ;/ in manga it took like few sec for eren to decide and transform underground and like a boss punch her in face.... but here they streached it out way to long...

in my opinion they could this episode go the usual way like in manga... and do the filler parts in final ep. while giving a plot for next season so open door ending...

well it will mostly take 1-2years for next season to appear as there is not much manga material for next season, but after 1year it might happen
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 03:13   Link #100
ExXentriK

The animation quality of this episode was stunning, contrariwise to the previous episodes, we clearly see that they've been injecting heavy doses of budget into this one and we can expect even more for the finale. To be honest I think that the main purpose behind this is to promote the avant-première projection of the last episode and boost its sales but I won't complain as the episode entertained me more than I expected to

Considering the fillers, well just like episode 22 I didn't mind about it. Actually it's quite the contrary, it fit pretty well to the story and gave deeper meaning to characters that were left a little aside.

Very good episode overall, can't wait for the finale and hopefully a season 2 !