AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-01, 17:42   Link #1
Flare_Dragon

Saishuu shiken kujira

I read from a few places, as well as somewhere on this forum that the games becoming an anime...

Is it true? I searched around an got really nothing O.o
Old 2006-09-01, 17:50   Link #2
NeoSam

Yeah its getting an anime.

Based on a bishoujo game by CIRCUS (Da Capo).

But still no date is announced when the anime is begining.

==========

最終試験くじら
Saishuu shiken kujira

Based on a bishoujo game by CIRCUS (the creator of Da Capo bishoujo games)

This is a regular anime and not an ero-anime.

Site of the game:
http://circus.nandemo.gr.jp/sakuhin/kujira/

==========
Old 2007-06-28, 14:00   Link #3
relentlessflame

*Administrator

A quick bump for the news NeoSam posted in the Anime Announcements thread. ZEXCS is apparently already lined up for Rental Magica in the Fall, but the Kujira PS2 game is also tentatively scheduled for "2007". Normally the anime is timed to coincide with the consumer game release, so I wonder if we'll see both series from ZEXCS this Fall? In either case, I'm very much looking forward to this. I'm quite happy with the choice of director and studio.

Edit: It seems they've actually given the PS2 game a release date of September 27th now. Unless they delay the game, I'd guess that they'd probably want the anime to air in October to drum up game sales... But I guess it doesn't have to be that way either.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2007-06-28 at 14:18.
Old 2007-06-28, 16:14   Link #4
rg4619

Is anyone familiar with the source material? I was quite unimpressed with the demo translated by insani, but that release doesn't provide a good picture of the actual story.
Old 2007-07-18, 23:26   Link #5
Flare_Dragon

I remember reading that the "anime" will be 5 min clips from websites...

I'll give you guys the direct link if i cant find it o.o
Old 2007-07-18, 23:51   Link #6
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flare_Dragon View Post
I remember reading that the "anime" will be 5 min clips from websites...

I'll give you guys the direct link if i cant find it o.o
Well, according to Moonphase, there will be something running on Cho! Animelo, but I'm not sure if they're saying that a series of 5-minute specials will be running on the website sort of as promo for the anime, or if that's how the anime itself will air. There was a small promo corner in this month's Dengeki G's as well, but it didn't give many details either (just showed a few of the character designs). So I guess we'll see. There just isn't enough info at this point. Given the staff involved, though, I'm guessing that the net stuff will just be promo clips or something.
Old 2007-08-04, 19:50   Link #7
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, Moonphase (and the info at Cho! Animelo) now confirm that they'll be full-length episodes. I think the 5-minute thing just has to do with a prologue/preview that'll be airing on the first day (August 25th), but there'll apparently be 12 episodes. They also have some step-by-step instructions on what you need to do to watch the show... apparently, one of the ways you can watch it has a chatroom associated with it, so you can chat live with other people watching the show (could be sort of scary... ). I wonder if the show is ever going to air on Japanese TV at all? All in all, this seems like a pretty interesting experiment. We'll see how it goes... and I'm looking forward to the show.

Edit: See schedule correction below.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2007-08-05 at 09:19.
Old 2007-08-05, 04:54   Link #8
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
By the way, Moonphase (and the info at Cho! Animelo) now confirm that they'll be full-length episodes. I think the 5-minute thing just has to do with a prologue/preview that'll be airing on the first day (August 25th), but there'll apparently be 12 episodes.
No, that's not the case. The episodes will be 5 minutes long, 12 of them total, but the "30 minute" schedule you're seeing will be the interval in which the episodes will be available. So you'll be able to get the 5-minute long episodes from 23:30 to 24:00 each week, after midnight the web distribution for that episode will stop.
Old 2007-08-05, 08:45   Link #9
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
No, that's not the case. The episodes will be 5 minutes long, 12 of them total, but the "30 minute" schedule you're seeing will be the interval in which the episodes will be available. So you'll be able to get the 5-minute long episodes from 23:30 to 24:00 each week, after midnight the web distribution for that episode will stop.
Oh really? Hmm... I was under the impression that only the first episode would be 5 minutes. I'm curious as to how they're going to do the live chat while people watch the episode if it's not in fact streamed live, but is available in a 30 minute availability window... Live, or not? Seems sort of confusing... Oh well -- I stand corrected. Thank you. Still, though, 12 5-minute episodes just seems way too short...

Edit: Ohhh... yeah, I see how I messed up in reading it yesterday. They're saying about 5 minutes each time, 12 times, and 30-minute window. I thought they were saying 5 minutes the first time, and 12 times in a 30 minute window. The way you connect facts is very important!

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2007-08-05 at 09:19.
Old 2007-08-05, 15:56   Link #10
cyth
Banned

The way I see it, you'll need to be logged in on niconico douga, then you'll be able visit Cho! Animelo where you'll be presented with a nico-style video player. So it won't be streamed per se, it's going to load onto your computer just like nico or youtube videos. So you'll be able to view it anytime during those 30 minutes and you won't be depended on the distributor or other users.

EDIT: More importantly, will anyone even want to tackle fansubbing the web episodes? Probably an incredibly expensive series of DVDs will come out with satisfactory quality, but still... nico videos ain't that bad. ^^;
Old 2007-08-06, 16:49   Link #11
jcdranzer
Sky King!!!! XD

Correct me if I'm wrong (sorry for the inconvenience). But I heard that the web episodes will start to premier on the 25th August 2007, the same date that Miyori no Mori will start airing. Its a bit of a shame that the anime is gonna be only 5 minutes long....a total of just 1 hour (12 x 5 = 60 minutes). I guess this anime is just for promotional reasons for the actual game like Keitai Shoujo.

Ah....sorry...it was Anidb.net that said it will premier on the 25th August 2007. -----> http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...anime&aid=4442
Old 2007-08-06, 17:06   Link #12
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdranzer View Post
I guess this anime is just for promotional reasons for the actual game like Keitai Shoujo.
I don't think so. Japanese visual novels as a medium have a very short market-attention span. If it were an online/mobile phone game like Keitai Shoujo, then that would've been a different story.
Old 2007-08-06, 17:12   Link #13
jcdranzer
Sky King!!!! XD

Quote:
I don't think so. Japanese visual novels as a medium have a very short market-attention span. If it were an online/mobile phone game like Keitai Shoujo, then that would've been a different story.
Hmmmm...sorry, got kinda confused on what you were getting at.

What I meant was in "introducing the game to the public" like promotion (I think you already knew what I meant....I get easily confused sometimes.), such as the Keitai Shoujo anime....which was done for promotional reasons for the actual phone game.

I was saying all this because of the "apparent" premier of the anime on the web at 25th August 2007, which is before the game is actually released in Japan on the 27th September 2007.
Old 2007-08-06, 17:16   Link #14
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdranzer View Post
What I meant was in "introducing the game to the public" like promotion (I think you already knew what I meant....I get easily confused sometimes.), such as the Keitai Shoujo anime....which was done for promotional reasons for the actual phone game.

I was saying all this because of the "apparent" premier of the anime on the web at 25th August 2007, which is before the game is actually released in Japan on the 27th September 2007.
Well, yeah -- as always, the timing of the anime release coincides with the release of the consumer version of the game. It's certainly promotional. However, that's the case whether there's 26 episodes or a few. I certainly hope that the story portrayed in the anime is more than a novelty (and with the staff they have, it could be quite good), but yeah -- I'm not a huge fan of the OVA format (except to continue existing stories), and this basically amounts to a 3-episode OVA. So, we'll see...
Old 2007-08-06, 17:19   Link #15
jcdranzer
Sky King!!!! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
this basically amounts to a 3-episode OVA. So, we'll see...
Well sometimes 2-episodes OVA.....sometimes an OVA episode is 30 minutes and are generally longer than just 20 minutes. LOL (sorry 4 the randomness)
Old 2007-08-06, 17:21   Link #16
cyth
Banned

Yes, I know what you were trying to say, but the fact is Saishuu Shiken Kujira is a visual novel from 2004. Check out its Getchu page for more info. Though I have to admit that I didn't know about the future release of the consumer (PS2) version. I guess now the anime release makes sense, but the original game is already out and available for purchase.
Old 2007-08-06, 17:32   Link #17
jcdranzer
Sky King!!!! XD

Quote:
Yes, I know what you were trying to say, but the fact is Saishuu Shiken Kujira is a visual novel from 2004. Check out its Getchu page for more info. Though I have to admit that I didn't know about the future release of the consumer (PS2) version. I guess now the anime release makes sense, but the original game is already out and available for purchase.
Ah my bad...I totally forgot about the original game on the PC. I just looked at another forum's thread for this anime, where I replied to the introductory post about 2 months ago....I just totally forgot. I guess its because I make very quick glances and miss out in the fine details. Or I'm just getting too old.
Old 2007-08-11, 00:18   Link #18
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Zexcs is going to be the Animation Production Studio. There notable recent production was Canvas 2, and I didn't know they were also responsible for Da Capo. No wonder Relentless made several posts in the thread. Ok, I'm interested too.
Old 2007-08-11, 00:47   Link #19
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Zexcs is going to be the Animation Production Studio. There notable recent production was Canvas 2, and I didn't know they were also responsible for Da Capo. No wonder Relentless made several posts in the thread. Ok, I'm interested too.
Well, that and because the game was produced by Circus, of course. The director of the original D.C. anime is also the one doing the directing and series composition here, so all that means I'll definitely check it out -- even if it's short.
Old 2007-08-22, 14:41   Link #20
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The director is Miyazaki Nagisa (a woman), who directed DaCapo, Negima! (the first one), and Kagihime Monogatari. She also wrote the script. Moonphase says 12x5min eps.

I'm interested to see Aoki Sayaka (Kyon's imouto in SHnY) as the first female listed on the Japanese site. She also played Sia in Shuffle and is Miria Harvent in Baccano. Mizuhashi Kaori and Sakakibara Yui are also in the cast, and the male lead is Toyonaga Toshiyuki (Ayumu in Zettai Shounen, Kaname in Umisho).

You can watch it on the Chou! Animelo site or on niconicodouga, according to this page. Not sure if the first site will be available outside Japan, or if niconico will continue making it available after the supposed half-hour window.

First ep Saturday night at 23:30, Japan time.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, circus, seinen, zexcs