AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-01-15, 06:51   Link #1501
Paladinoras
Pancakes

That took a long bloody time. Let us hope it is done soon.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 07:18   Link #1502
Knight_SV

hoping it's not a garbage like Seed Destiny was
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 22:55   Link #1503
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga_CE View Post
News about the Gundam SEED movie :

http://www.cosmic-era.com/forum/inde...opic=475.0#new (French)

Quick summary : Mitsuo Fukuda says that he is "working" on the Gundam SEED movie (the preproduction process has begun), and that he wants the movie to be officially announced during 2009.
Heh, Gundam 00 got him so pi$$ed off he got his a$$ in gear eh?

I'm betting about the time a GnX shot thru the bridge and actually killed crew members he started biting a pillow while cursing his wife^^... I'm kinda glad...You know why, because I think Gundam 00 (along with the GSD fiasco) is gonna force him to make a damn good movie...I'm actually kind of optimistic...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2009-01-16 at 10:06.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 23:09   Link #1504
Killer Tomato

I don't think there's gonna be much a change in how GSD has been in this movie. I.e. the main characters still own without much resistance, Lacus gets to sing, etc. I guess it's Fukuda's style, it's really hard to change one's style if you ask me, try as one might.

Are Kira, Athrun, Shinn and the lot coming back as main characters? I'd really rather the movie showcase more of Lowe and Gai.
Killer Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 23:18   Link #1505
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^ I think you can bet your username Killer and company WILL BE BACK...
Old 2009-01-16, 00:45   Link #1506
jonli
JONLIの憂'

They pretty much exhausted the Seed universe, unless they start talking about flying whales.

OR

Continue the UC-guideline formula and make an Athrun's counterattack.

That would absolutely ruin Athrun's character again...he's going to switch sides AGAIN, and Kira will correct him...AGAIN.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 03:47   Link #1507
TobiaSR32
Jedi Familiar

Send a message via Yahoo to TobiaSR32
I liked the Gundam Seed / Destiny series the best, personally. I just can't get into the U.C. seasons so much.
TobiaSR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 04:59   Link #1508
plau

I think it is likely that Strike Freedom, Infinite Justice and Destiny will get a Endless Waltz-esque redesign. With this, they can sell new models without have to create a back story for how the MS came about.
plau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 05:15   Link #1509
Knight_SV

expecting tons of stock footage and hax/aimbot scene anyone?
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 05:18   Link #1510
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_SV View Post
expecting tons of stock footage and hax/aimbot scene anyone?
Me, lol

In fact I'm expecting a compilation movie as always.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 05:24   Link #1511
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
They pretty much exhausted the Seed universe, unless they start talking about flying whales.

OR

Continue the UC-guideline formula and make an Athrun's counterattack.

That would absolutely ruin Athrun's character again...he's going to switch sides AGAIN, and Kira will correct him...AGAIN.
No universe is ever exhausted (look at Star Wars). There are MANY things that a series or movie can focus on.
Konpachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 08:43   Link #1512
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Hmm, put Kira in a Strike and have him stay that way for the duration of the movie, his skills developing nicely.

Then put him back in Freedom. And watch how good he becomes.

Then, no more vs Topics should arise doubting his skills. LOL

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 08:50   Link #1513
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

It would be nice if the movie will be about the ultime coordinator project and all ^^ (with Kira as a main Character since i think he has the most interesting BG of all the seed cast) I don't want another war but something about a secret organization or something like that. And I want to see a big cross over with all the seed cast (junk guild and all) (and sorry if my english is not really good, i'm french )
Old 2009-01-16, 10:06   Link #1514
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Heh, Gundam 00 got him so pi$$ed off he got his a$$ in gear eh?

I'm betting about the time a GnX shot thru the bridge and actually killed crew members he started biting a pillow while cursing his wife^^... I'm kinda glad...You know why, because I think Gundam 00 (along with the GSD fiasco) is gonna force him to make a damn good movie...I'm actually kind of optimistic...
LMAO @ people bad repping ME for being optimistic about SEED Movie…That’s hilarious…I’m like the biggest GSD basher//masochist this site has ever seen…But I do kinda take the approach that when something sucks so hard, and the director realizes this, then he can make something better…BTW this is coming from a place of pure satisfaction from how Gundam 00’s take on the G-franchise may be pi$$ing Fukuda off or motivating him…
Old 2009-01-16, 10:18   Link #1515
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
LMAO @ people bad repping ME for being optimistic about SEED Movie…That’s hilarious…I’m like the biggest GSD basher//masochist this site has ever seen…But I do kinda take the approach that when something sucks so hard, and the director realizes this, then he can make something better…BTW this is coming from a place of pure satisfaction from how Gundam 00’s take on the G-franchise may be pi$$ing Fukuda off or motivating him…
LOL, that's like a Ku Klux Klan member being trashed by someone for being too friendly with the black folks.

hahaha

I do seriously hope that the movie tells a completelly different story with the old cast being put in grunt units and the new hero having one of the few (one or two) Gundams in the show. But hell... wishful thinking.
Old 2009-01-16, 12:08   Link #1516
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
LOL, that's like a Ku Klux Klan member being trashed by someone for being too friendly with the black folks.

hahaha

I do seriously hope that the movie tells a completelly different story with the old cast being put in grunt units and the new hero having one of the few (one or two) Gundams in the show. But hell... wishful thinking.
Woah….

Whatever it was, it wasn’t harsh enuff for that kind of comparison…Jesus Skywalker, take the foot off the gas a bit with the KKK thing
Old 2009-01-16, 14:43   Link #1517
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Woah….

Whatever it was, it wasn’t harsh enuff for that kind of comparison…Jesus Skywalker, take the foot off the gas a bit with the KKK thing
Sorry, did not mean to offend you. But really, on Animesuki sometimes a SEED fan could feel like a black guy, wondering who'd be next to humiliate him just for his color of skin

SEED fan, 00 fan, I am both, though like most halfbreeds, I tend to be more driven to my "black side" in terms of cultural/social identity haha

---
Old 2009-01-17, 05:47   Link #1518
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

While it is great to see Kira in Strike again, It would not make sense.... because it's too outdated.... considering that Kira can pretty much do whatever he wants because of his position, he can have many customized suits..... The problem with Destiny was not x character had more screentime than y character, it was the execution of the plot. So I'd rather have Kira in S-Freedom, provided they come up with a better fight scene.

Plus, the political scene in the movie needs to change, I think this is one of Destiny's problems. We don't need a pest, we need a monster ( In terms of a political power) who can take the fight both at political and military scales. We need someone who can match Lacus' Charisma (so-called) with Military Tactics as good as Sumeragi's. So that the movie will become exciting...at the very least...
Old 2009-01-17, 06:32   Link #1519
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Kira should be given a custom Gouf or Zaku Just kidding. I bet Kira and Athrun will still have the Strike Freedom and IJ. Just renewed and with add-ons probably. But in the case of Shinn, I'd not bother with Destiny. Maybe I'd like to see the mods that combine into Destiny Impulse as the Impulse wass less damaged than Destiny itself afterr the battle of Messiah. They;d add some cool coloring like black/grey/white/red and they could be ready to milk some more money on kits with little effort. Just attach Destiny Wings and pack to Impulse and repaint it and add some minor supaweapons and effects to force others to buy it in case the mvie turns out to be successful :P
Old 2009-01-17, 08:23   Link #1520
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Doubt that Gundam 00 would influence him at all. You gotta remember what Bandai (and Fukuda) REALLY cares about, and that's commercial success. On that end Destiny was MUCH MUCH better. So while the movie probably wouldn't be a disaster like Destiny plotwise (since Morosawa's had like, what, 4 years to write the script), I think they'll try to stick to their "successful" formula of bishounen angst and beam spamming mobile suits that appeals to the legions of Japanese kids and teenage girls everywhere.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep