AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-12-07, 16:42   Link #281
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowScar View Post
So they are not releasing an anime, but a manga? Damn. I thought it was an anime. Still great though. They should make references to Lelouch for sure.
I should mention that when Sunrise announces a "project" they usually mean "PROJECT" in every sense of the word. This is the company that released Gundam 00 and then proceeded to gradually put out no less than 4 side story mangas and quite a few audio dramas (some serious, others parodies). They also said they had no plans for a 30th Gundam Anniversary celebration earlier this year and then suddenly unveiled a monster celeberation and proceeded to build a 1:1 scale model of the Gundam in Odaiba along with a ton of other games, short anime works, remastered Blu-Ray re-releases, concerts, and a new OVA for next year among other things.

I'm not saying expect something definite, but I would personally be shocked if the manga ends up being all they have in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
No Gundam without Char. I'll let'em know as soon as I can.

PS: "in full detail" is impossible when we have info as much as nothing, mmmkay?
Hmmmm....I wonder what people said when Gundam F91 was announced and Tomino said they were going to advance the timeline 30 years and that there would be no sign of Amuro and Char. Those characters never appeared again and it looks like Gundam is doing fine for itself.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 16:46   Link #282
Nuiihren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I missed this post.

So same timeline. It's weird that it seems to happen in the past though. C.C. would not have any memories of those people? Would be weird that she never talked about it in R1/R2....

Thanks for the info! I realy wonder why the "mysterious man" does look like Lelouch, but we'll find out sooner or later.

Not that weird, I think. She's hardly ever talked about her past in the anime and never in details.
Nuiihren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 16:50   Link #283
Kuroshinobu

What we can expect is another Code-bearer. V.V. I don't think has come into existence yet. So we can assume that there might be another immortal.
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 16:55   Link #284
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshinobu View Post
What we can expect is another Code-bearer. V.V. I don't think has come into existence yet. So we can assume that there might be another immortal.
We know that there is at least two codes around. C.C. has one, V.V. has one and got it "recently", so, yeah, we know nothing about the other code bearer/s from which V.V. got it.

But as far as I know, netheir C.C., Taniguchi or Okouchi did say that there is only two codes.

So, maybe there will be more than two code-bearers.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 17:03   Link #285
fukarming

I don't know if anyone mention this before (I didn't read all 10+ pages) but maybe they are gonna to make Code geass - The rise of Cheese-kun. Similar to Full Metal Panic Fumoffu, maybe it will be a side project about the fun and comedy in Ashford academy. I think they have the material for it (lots of picture drama/ audio drama features the less serious side of code geass) and I think it will be fun.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 17:29   Link #286
Lummie

If this really is a story in the past with C.C. involved, we could expect the following:

Renya fails to fulfil his contract in the end with C.C. which could've been due the fact that he dies in the story or he gets captured by the Shinsengumi (The police forces were called Shinsengumi in the Edo period).

Either way, we all know that C.C. will leave that boy at some point and chase after someone else to sign a contract with, because Renya wasn't able to finish it.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 17:39   Link #287
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Hmmmm....I wonder what people said when Gundam F91 was announced and Tomino said they were going to advance the timeline 30 years and that there would be no sign of Amuro and Char. Those characters never appeared again and it looks like Gundam is doing fine for itself.
That's what I was saying
Old 2009-12-07, 18:13   Link #288
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

A Prequel series. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Edo period? Does that mean instead of epic mecha battles, we have scenes upon scenes of spinzaku-style fighting?
Old 2009-12-07, 18:19   Link #289
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

So its an manga adaptation more than likely set in the past. Not really surprised about that since Lelouch died. Don't have to deal with displeased fans with all those theories about Lelouch being alive. Seems like an smart move to me.

Guess we'll wait to see what type of other "projects" will be announced in the future. Kind of doubt this is the only announcement they make.
Old 2009-12-07, 18:20   Link #290
Jarmel

I totally forgot about that part. No mechs which should be very interesting.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 18:24   Link #291
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
A Prequel series. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Edo period? Does that mean instead of epic mecha battles, we have scenes upon scenes of spinzaku-style fighting?
I think so. Epic swords/shuriken/etc fights!
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 18:27   Link #292
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Lets not get into a "lelouch is dead argument' eh? Anyways, hopefully we'll get some more information to go on, because theres WAAAAAAY to much to guess on so far (hey, its just like when the show was running....)
Old 2009-12-07, 18:31   Link #293
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
Lets not get into a "lelouch is dead argument' eh? Anyways, hopefully we'll get some more information to go on, because theres WAAAAAAY to much to guess on so far (hey, its just like when the show was running....)
No way I'm getting in that argument. Seems pointless to me to even debate about. People have their own opinions anyway and they won't change them at this point. We'll just have to wait till 2010 for more announcements hopefully.
Old 2009-12-07, 19:13   Link #294
ConfinesOfTheDark
Reaper's Disciple

No offense, but i can't read Japanese so I have no idea if this going to be a sequel to the original CG or some type of spin-off or...something.
ConfinesOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 19:21   Link #295
ncrushx

Um, I think something is wrong with the translation; one says it involves time-travel, and the other state that the setting is really the Edo period, mentioning nothing about time-travel.

As for the Knightmare Frames, in case any of you did not know. The Edo period was considered the beginning of the modern technology for Japan.

So, we may actually see the First Gen. Knightmare Frames.

Last edited by ncrushx; 2009-12-07 at 19:50.
ncrushx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 19:54   Link #296
Kuroshinobu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrushx View Post
Um, I think something is wrong with the translation; one says it involves time-travel, and the other state that the setting is really the Edo period, mentioning nothing about time-travel.

As for the Knightmare Frames, in case any of you did not know. The Edo period was considered the beginning of the modern technology for Japan.

So, we may actually see the First Gen. Knightmare Frames.
At most I would guess there would be some sort of mechanical enhancement like Renya's arm. But you are right, the Edo period was considered Japan's first modern age. Yes, we may see some form of guns because some samurai did use them.
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 21:03   Link #297
Used Can

So, the artist will be Tomomasa Takuma? Hmm... I honestly didn't like his designs in NoN. In fact, I thought they were outright bad. Anyway, I find it interesting they're going for a manga. I mean, so far, non of the manga adaptations and/or spin-offs have seem to be particularly successful.

Also, what's with "Reifu C.C."? I guess we'll have to see.

Hopefully, rather than just being another story for the sake of CG fans betting something, this will add something to the story.
Old 2009-12-07, 21:09   Link #298
ncrushx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
So, the artist will be Tomomasa Takuma? Hmm... I honestly didn't like his designs in NoN. In fact, I thought they were outright bad. Anyway, I find it interesting they're going for a manga. I mean, so far, non of the manga adaptations and/or spin-offs have seem to be particularly successful.

Also, what's with "Reifū C.C."? I guess we'll have to see.

Hopefully, rather than just being another story for the sake of CG fans betting something, this will add something to the story.
Reifū C.C.? It doens't matter, it doens't tell us anything about her real name.

It probably is part of her real name, while C.C. could be a middle/last/first name as two. What we need to pay attention is "C.C." That part is obviously important.

I'm going with the fact of a fake name. Wait, were names different back in old times of Japan?
Old 2009-12-07, 21:19   Link #299
Used Can

I don't think we'll get details on her true name, since I think no one knew about it other than Lelouch (i.e. after she inherited the Code). Anyway, I don't think C.C. has got to do anything with her true name. Look at V.V. for example. We don't know his first name, but his last name is "zi Britannia" and there's no V there.

What I was wondering was why "Reifū"? C.C. is already a codename, so why add Reifū? But, anyway, as I said before, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old 2009-12-07, 21:22   Link #300
ncrushx

Um, who said zi Britannia is called a last name?

How many wives did Charles have? It's a family marital name problem, or w/e you call it.

Tags
drama, mecha