Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-25, 23:39   Link #7361
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Hillary Clinton visit Seoul as Korean crisis mounts

Yap, Hillary has arrived in Seoul today.
Looks like thing will get more tense.
Old 2010-05-25, 23:53   Link #7362
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Hillary Clinton visit Seoul as Korean crisis mounts

Yap, Hillary has arrived in Seoul today.
Looks like thing will get more tense.
This is f***ed up.

Quote:
With tensions rising rapidly, the North has reacted angrily to trade and shipping sanctions announced by the South.
WTF? You torpedo somebody's ship and get angry over the punishment meted out?

Quote:
It said on Wednesday it would cut off a road link across the heavily defended border if Seoul resumed propaganda broadcasts, halted six years ago.

Earlier, the North said it would match Southern sanctions with its own, and sever the few remaining lines of communication between the two governments.

South Korean ships and planes would be banned from Northern territorial waters and airspace.
Yeah...."borders" means the entire of Korea. Meaning which they can launch strikes anywhere and anytime they want in S.K.

Quote:
All South Korean workers in the jointly run Kaesong industrial park north of the border were expected to be expelled although they were allowed to enter on Wednesday, Reuters news agency reports.
FFS. It provides for your damned economy. At least think about your people rather than your only bloody politics.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-26, 00:09   Link #7363
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

NK == 3 yr old throwing a tantrum because someone noticed they made a mess. They're also prone to these pathetic tantrums when they think the world spotlight has been off them too long. (In reality, this is probably an internal struggle between crazed hard-liners and "normalization" advocates but we'll never know)

Best as I can tell, the ship sinking was a tactical error of the kind you get after keeping your troops on hair-trigger for years (old Cold War movie example: The Bedford Incident). If NK had simply said "oops", this could all be avoided.

I know China likes their "psychotic dog" (it keeps the geopolitical forces off-balance), but I keep waiting for the dog to whip around and bite China in the ass by royally screwing something up.
Old 2010-05-26, 00:13   Link #7364
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
WTF? You torpedo somebody's ship and get angry over the punishment meted out?
This is the problem with the endless posturing and paranoia. Ultimately an incident occurs, and NK can't back down because it would threaten the constructed persona of being willing to go to war at the drop of a hat.

And no, the evil bastards in a position to do something to stop this do not care about their own people. If they did, we would never have gotten here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
If NK had simply said "oops", this could all be avoided.
Yup.
Old 2010-05-26, 00:38   Link #7365
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Come on Kim, instead torpedoing SK ship, just launch a missile to Akihabara...
I knew you can do better than that...

China won't do anything.
It's now North vs South+America...

Wonder if NK will forfeit their participatiant in World Cup...
Old 2010-05-26, 01:00   Link #7366
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsubishiZero View Post
You are a really selfish and arrogant arse, if i am honest. What you said just insulted the people of Japan and South Korea and in the meantime explained why many people in the world don't like Americans very much. It is people like YOU disgracing your own people on the internet, showing arrogance while displaying no intelligence at all.
I AM Japanese, thank you.
And as for your other rather offbeat uninformed points, everyone else have properly refuted already, no need for me to do any work.

You might want to study up on the Japan-US relation, and what US afterwar laws have been imposed on Japan, and still carries on to this day.
While your'e at it, study up on South Korean-US treaties and relations. Have a nice day.
Old 2010-05-26, 01:06   Link #7367
Autumn Demon
~

A war between the Koreas is probably the only thing that can save Obama's approval ratings.
Old 2010-05-26, 01:40   Link #7368
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Demon View Post
A war between the Koreas is probably the only thing that can save Obama's approval ratings.
1/10 good try though

honestly I wouldn't be suprised if chinese military forces start gathering at the NK border, if china wants to do anything to maintain it's influence it's power in the region with less American involvement crushing the regime in the north would pretty much quell a lot of the tensions.
Old 2010-05-26, 02:19   Link #7369
Azuma Denton
~AD~

US demands world response over Korea warship sinking

So, will it become North Korea vs World??

Now, US has also ask China to join their side.
I dunno how China will react. I mean, Kim just go to Beijing last month and now US come and ask to go against Kim.
Old 2010-05-26, 02:23   Link #7370
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
US demands world response over Korea warship sinking

So, will it become North Korea vs World??

Now, US has also ask China to join their side.
I dunno how China will react. I mean, Kim just go to Beijing last month and now US come and ask to go against Kim.
China is asking "for calm" but the investigation is pretty clear (especially that NK torpedo remnant...).

Seriously, China may prefer the status quo but its becoming untenable for them not to drop *some* kind of foot on NK. China's move towards globalization and dependence on trading partners make the continued misbehavior of NK a boat anchor for them.
Old 2010-05-26, 02:27   Link #7371
Seitsuki
Onee!

the last thing China wants tbh is for this incident to spiral out of control as it would mean a rush of refugees crossing the border at a time there is already much restlessness at home (job losses, rights complaints etc.) the only political reason they keep such a lunatic time bomb bankrolled is probably just to piss off America/Japan/etc and to try and keep influence, no matter how small or indirect, in this particular theatre.

personally to me this is one of those 'gg China' moments that ranks up there with Tianmen and Taiwan in terms of stupidity and excessiveness.
Old 2010-05-26, 02:47   Link #7372
Nosauz

LOL how is this China's fault? Man the pervasive anti chinese idiot brigade is full force today.
Old 2010-05-26, 02:52   Link #7373
Seitsuki
Onee!

...*still searching for that damn fplm pic*
...*screw it*

/fplm

none of us ever blamed China o.o must be the raging conservative mind at work, always trying to pin the fault on someone else when it's your own damn fault.
see? you just labeled us and we just labeled you right back. sigh it's true what they say about arguing on the net.
Old 2010-05-26, 02:55   Link #7374
Nosauz

"personally to me this is one of those 'gg China' moments that ranks up there with Tianmen and Taiwan in terms of stupidity and excessiveness."

Nk mucking around in international waters is a "gg china moment" how utterly stupid is that statement. AND LOL me conservative.
Old 2010-05-26, 02:57   Link #7375
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
LOL how is this China's fault? Man the pervasive anti chinese idiot brigade is full force today.
Eh? China is the main player in the area and has long been keeping the NK regime from imploding. North Korea is a great deflector and economic drain to keep regional forces off-balance. The Korean war was Chinese-backed because they feared too much western influence. So... "anti chinese idiot brigade" had better have some supporting meat unless you're just lobbing insults

The incident isn't "China's fault" and no one said that. However, China's *influence* is critical to how this plays out. I'm not "anti-China".. hell, my son is going there this summer to Beijing to do research.

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-05-26 at 03:19.
Old 2010-05-26, 03:00   Link #7376
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
AND LOL me conservative.
orly? your language and attitude kinda speak differently to me. oh wait, stereotyping, that's bad.. ah well exception for you c:

AND LOL me anti-China? I'm Chinese. I love and support my country. I'm just not wallowing in propaganda and rabidly nationalistic.

try to keep those labels for the flame threads yeah?

Last edited by Seitsuki; 2010-05-26 at 03:22.
Old 2010-05-26, 03:06   Link #7377
Nosauz

It has always been clear that China's involvement in NK has kept the regime up but the whole notion that Chinese are in a Tianamen/Taiwan situation over this is ridiculous. And ABSOLUTELY assinine. I've state through and through that as long as China is in this situation it should sanction NK, but propping it up is nothing different than when the Americans put in Lio in Nam. These soviet era satelitte countries are troublesome but that is the nature of the beast. I mean so the Chinese have had a tepid response, they have their sovereignty to worry about too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
orly? your language and attitude kinda speak differently to me.

AND LOL me anti-China? I'm Chinese. I love and support my country. I'm just not wallowing in propaganda and rabidly nationalistic.

try to keep those labels for the flame threads yeah?
LOL you respond to the one part of my statement not directed at your ludicrous, ridiculous, and merit less proclamations. Deflection much?

Last edited by Nosauz; 2010-05-26 at 03:19.
Old 2010-05-26, 03:12   Link #7378
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

My condolences Seitsuki...

My condolence Nosauz...

But I think you both are idiots for letting loose words slip, worse still provoking one another. I'm very certain you two are above maggot and simple-minded warmongering trash.

Excuse me for the bluntness. But I think that was unnecessarily, so therefore I made something even more unnecessarily to make a point. I'd like to drop the malice now and get back to News Stories now. (I would but internet is too slow to download stuff on yahoo )
Old 2010-05-26, 03:24   Link #7379
Seitsuki
Onee!

edit: concerning deflection..
Tianmen- killing unarmed students, PR fun all round, who won?
Taiwan- polarising both sides, relations only warming cos not threatening to blow them up every other day, who won?
and NK- propping up a government I'm sure even you wouldn't want to live under, risking war, possibly nuclear in worst case, all because you gave them the funds to keep running, who's gonna win from THAT?

but I digress.

point taken. Nosauz, apologies for the raeg but I've had a pretty crap exam today and I just don't feel like being very civil atm. meh.

...yeah anyone have any news?

Last edited by Seitsuki; 2010-05-26 at 03:51.
Old 2010-05-26, 03:29   Link #7380
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Bird conservation: Alaotra grebe confirmed extinct

Bye bye Alaotra...
Nice (not) knowing you...
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international