AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-12, 12:33   Link #1621
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
I assume you mean replaying the whole series?
Yes. I think it's quite obvious since I think no one would actually show only the last two episodes of the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Mayeb they are trying to find their market, since it hasn't sold well with the late night crowd (yet it gets plenty of internet views),
That seems to be the case. What surprises me though is that buying up a prime time slot is guaranteed to be pretty expensive. The show almost finishes and I think the major fans of the show would've bought the series right from the start already. I think the results might not even be worth it.

Ah anyway... This is Kadokawa. They've always been so weird right from the start.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 22:06   Link #1622
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

A pretty good episode Mio and Tachibana's sides to Sasaharu were both very amusing, though I think Mio should learn to go a bit easier on the insults to Yuuko since it's been show before[in the epic fight between the two] that getting her switch flipped is bad .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 08:33   Link #1623
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
Yes. I think it's quite obvious since I think no one would actually show only the last two episodes of the show.

That seems to be the case. What surprises me though is that buying up a prime time slot is guaranteed to be pretty expensive. The show almost finishes and I think the major fans of the show would've bought the series right from the start already. I think the results might not even be worth it.

Ah anyway... This is Kadokawa. They've always been so weird right from the start.
I think most major fans wouldn't mind watching the show again at all. It's all slapstick skits that can be looped a gazillion times and still be fun. I bet most people don't remember half the skits anyway! I have a pretty good memory and I don't

And this would generally bode well with the mainstream crowd I think. It's a good decision imho.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 08:42   Link #1624
rulfo

The opening part is pretty good
Old 2011-09-13, 11:48   Link #1625
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post

The opening part is pretty good
Holy hell, pretty good is a severe understatement. That's probably the best done of all OP parodies thus far.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 15:37   Link #1626
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Just saw Ep 24 ... It was pretty good: 7/10 vote from me.

For some reason I really found the scene at the coffee vending machine really funny - not sure why.
Old 2011-09-13, 15:39   Link #1627
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Maybe because even when the machine failed, he took the results in stride, no matter what...even just a sips worth in the bottom of the underside of the cup, it was worth it to him...and because of the situation, worth it to Mio.

Also that he seems completely out of touch with reality.
Old 2011-09-14, 11:16   Link #1628
inisipis

Off to tear a robot apart.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-14, 15:39   Link #1629
nojay
Scanlator

Easter egg?

Here's a framegrab from episode 24:

The message stuck to the guy's back reads "Itsumo arigato Wakazawa" ("いつもありがと若澤"). I think that means "thanks as always, Wakazawa". I've got no idea who Wakazawa is though. I don't think his/her name appears on the credits anywhere.
Old 2011-09-14, 15:54   Link #1630
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojay View Post
Here's a framegrab from episode 24:

The message stuck to the guy's back reads "Itsumo arigato Wakazawa" ("いつもありがと若澤"). I think that means "thanks as always, Wakazawa". I've got no idea who Wakazawa is though. I don't think his/her name appears on the credits anywhere.
That is actually in the manga as well. You'll have to ask Arawi Keiichi about it. Odd his blog is gone..
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-15, 06:59   Link #1631
rulfo

Spoiler for broccoli bike:

LOL. Been seeing this pic for more than a week.

Thought it was some staged joke where everyone(including the owner of the bike) was aware of.

Apparently... I was wrong..

Also...

BRB picking up pieces of my mind.

Anyway Sasahara's is also out.

Last edited by rulfo; 2011-09-17 at 14:21.
Old 2011-09-17, 23:32   Link #1632
Midonin
Last Engage

Out of the whole, many.
Out of the many, a whole.

While it was theorized that Mio and Misato's paths crossing would start WWIII, what with Mio being the Destroyer of Worlds, whose fists consume all that comes in her path without mercy, her response isn't to go into Destroyer of Worlds mode. Nay, the opposite. Though had she kept running, I suspect she may have found them eventually.

In a way, we're returning to how things were at the beginning of the series, but with the knowledge gained from six months of getting to know this world. (Which is good. A lot of what went down this week would be strange[r than normal] to a newbie). Misato and Sasahara, alone again. Nano, trying not to expose herself to others. (I support Nanomura.)

And then there's Mai's subplot with a giant Buddha statue, but nobody knows what Mai is doing at any given time. Moving on.

The final scene, even if in a penultimate episode, could be considered a great encapsulation of the series. Things spin, and we don't know what's going to come out of it, nor why things that should be familiar to us are dressed up all weird. But it gives us a powerful reminder of how the ordinary things in life really are precious, no matter how bizarre the world gets. So let's search for tomorrow.

That is the thesis I submit.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 00:49   Link #1633
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Darn it! My eyes became wet while watching Nichijou! What's happening?!
Old 2011-09-18, 00:50   Link #1634
Peanutbutter

What a brilliant Ep 25. I won't be surprised even if they were to end it there and then.

Seeing all the skits all linked together was brilliant. I even shed a few tears in the voucher scene.

This is one series I won't mind seeing it going into the hundreds, but next one will be the last.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 00:55   Link #1635
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

In the second episode of the series, Mio chased Yukko for a notebook. Now, the second to last episode we have Yukko chasing Mio in another very dynamic animation sequence, this time in full technicolor. The amount of work poured into this scene alone was awe-inspiring, and was a joy for me to watch.

Mio was crushed being rejected before she even got the chance to confess, but she wasn't given the time to mope around because life simply goes on without waiting for people to reflect. But that's where friends come in. Even if you try to hide your worries, your friends will worry for you, and cheer you up even if life is moving on. Bravo, Nichijou.

I simply can't wait for the hopefully big-budget conclusion. Show me what you've got, Tatsuya Ishihara!

P.S. I sure hope Kyoani announces their next project next week.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 01:46   Link #1636
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

That episode was seriously the best this show has done in quite a while, the humor, chase scene, Nakamura at Nano's house, and the heartwarming part with Mio, Yuuko, Mai, and Nano at the end were all great .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 01:46   Link #1637
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

How did something depressing happening to a girl became the most funniest thing i seen?
That chase between Mio and Yuko was the greatest mood whiplash i watched. lol

That part with Sasahara was so unexpected. And i wonder if Sakamoto will finally reunite with his original owner?
Old 2011-09-18, 03:04   Link #1638
rulfo

The animation in this series never ceases to amaze me. The animation throughout the chase scene especially the bar spin, the daring train narrow escape, and Mio's dynamic hard water entry diving were really something.

Those were the only highlights I could pick but it was tough one since almost every part of this ep had smoother animation. The one where Sasahara's glass lenses fell was also interesting cut. For me, how it fell slowly seems to be manually hand drawn. There were couple of jitters but it was still smooth. Another interesting cut was the part where Mio broke through the glass pane, the animation of the shattered glass in slow mo was a nice touch.

Overall this ep was a real eye candy. This wasn't on the same level as most of the earlier episodes(even the one's Kigami handled), IMO it generally sits above those. Now it makes me even more anxious to see how much more will the last episode's animation quality top this one.

In any case I was rooting for a Misato pairing with Sasahara but now... I feel bad for Mio. The ending part was sweet to the point that it felt a bit heavy inside.

Now with Mio out of the equation(for now) all that's left is Takasaki and Sakurai. Can't wait for the grand finale. I expect fireworks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
P.S. I sure hope Kyoani announces their next project next week.
I really hope they do announce something afterwards. Another new series would be awesome. Even more if it's an action genre project. Though announcing another season of FMP would greatly please the fossilized fans.
Old 2011-09-18, 03:55   Link #1639
Sides

Great episode. We get to see some minor characters back in action, gentleman, the copper, biscuit 2, kouchou-sensei and probably more.
I like how the reveal the fact that gentleman is
Spoiler:
It is those minor things that makes this anime/manga series stands out, besides having a title that actually describes the series, unlike others.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 04:10   Link #1640
tezu

This episode was...incredible. It was hilarious ("Mio-chan, Mio-chan, Miochan! Chan-Mio?!") and heart-warming (I thought it was nice how there was one bird sitting on the power line at first but then it flew away together with three other birds) at the same time, the animation was top-knotch and yeah, what more can I say? Nichijou is easily one of the best comedies I've ever seen. I'm really sad it's going to end next week.

Tags
comedy, shounen, slice of life