AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-25, 22:23   Link #81
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Those tweets are from the head of Visual Arts. He is denying anything about an anime while responding to people asking if it is true or congratulating him on the anime. They do not necessarily provide proof.
Key: Sorry but the anime was cancelled. It was our advanced April Fools Joke.
Little Busters Fans: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Key: Just kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Don't get me started about that movie. I cancelled my Japanese pre-order because of what I saw.

Toei needs to stay away from Key products period. And.. I thought Clannad was romantic.

What no OP to celebrate...*snip*

Hahaha.... Naze Haruhi-chan OP?
Old 2012-03-25, 22:52   Link #82
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Woah? Really? Awesome an anime. I can't even think of a word to describe how much I love this news.
Old 2012-03-25, 23:08   Link #83
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Just as long as it isn't Toei I'm fine. If they do be prepared for QUALITY like from their Kanon 2002 and Clannad movie. I prefer KyoAni or P.A Works to work on the series.

Angel Beats would have been a masterpiece if it were not rushed. So I hope this title won't get the same rushed treatment and be at least 24 episodes.

Old 2012-03-25, 23:41   Link #84
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
No.... 36 episodes XD. Maybe.
Old 2012-03-25, 23:44   Link #85
Xacual

I'm really curious to see how they adapt the game's heroine routes / common route content.

I definitely agree that it will need at least 2 cour, I'd say 3 to adapt well unless they include the EX heroines too but I kind of doubt they will.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-03-26, 03:21   Link #86
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Hey, guys ! To make a Hoods Entertainment's (Seikon no Qwaser) adaptation of Ecstasy! saga, the ingredients will follow :
- Hiraku Kaneko as the director
- Makoto Uezu as the series' composer
- Makoto Uno as the character-design
- It will have more ecchi than the original EX version, but removes the H-scenes
- The character-design was changed from Key's style to Uno's style
- The male characters are entirely drawn on Tite Kubo's style
- The story will likely be rushed, although it still have the atmosphere of the regular (non-EX) version
- It will be 1-cour

I wonder if anyone would read my own Hoods's EX recipe (it's a joke!)
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-03-26, 07:00   Link #87
abc0716

I never play its VN before, so I totally have no idea about LB's plots or characters.

Since AB was finish airing, I don't really have much (good) expectation on Maeda's new Anime works. (Even-though LB was made earlier than AB)

About the speculation on studio / episodes, I think it will be make by ufotable or P.A Works (random guesses ), and I very doubt that it will has episodes more than 26, according to current Anime's trends.

Anyway, 'the more expectation you put on, the more disappointment you will have' (in case the adaptation is bad, I never tend to jinx it btw). Is the only thing I can say to the fans over here.
Old 2012-03-26, 07:15   Link #88
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Goddammit KyotoAni where's my Planetarian OVA?

Whatever. Maybe it's time I actually finished this title.
Old 2012-03-26, 07:22   Link #89
brocko

From what we know so far KyoAni imo still has enough juice to take on Little Busters as well. They've shown they can deliver a two cour show alongside a film within the one year for the past two years.

Only thing they have on their plate right now that we know of is Hyou-ka and that Chu-something-something-RomCom, which I don't think when combined would be more demanding than a film production (assuming that a 4 cour Little Busters, in the best case scenario would be equivalently demanding as a film production anyway).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Key: Sorry but the anime was cancelled. It was our advanced April Fools Joke.
Little Busters Fans: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Key: Just kidding.
lol aren't Key pretty notorious for making announcements on April Fools anyway?

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2012-03-26, 08:19   Link #90
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Since AB was finish airing, I don't really have much (good) expectation on Maeda's new Anime works. (Even-though LB was made earlier than AB)
Did you never watch CLANNAD?
Old 2012-03-26, 08:47   Link #91
kona~chan
ヘタレ

what a great news!!!
well as long as i can watch saya i don't really care whoever will done the animation..though it will be great if it was kyoani....
Old 2012-03-26, 08:51   Link #92
GDB

If it is KyoAni, please don't use the K-On animation team. I'd prefer not to see a Key work moeblobbed like season 2 of Haruhi was. If it's not them, echoing the hope for P.A. Works or the team that did Steins;Gate.
Old 2012-03-26, 09:00   Link #93
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
This news gives me mixed/neutral feelings not just because I have no real love for Key works, but because while I'm quick to loathe massive amounts of hype surrounding something and all that that entails it means I'll never have to hear anymore 3+ page complaining on forums the next time Kyoani announces a series that's not named Little Busters ever again. Hooray! We can forever lay that call response styled reaction to rest forever and internet forums will be all the better for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Read the VN, it was pretty meh, but KyoAni usually makes it better than their sources which are just a huge grind.

Will watch, but if anyone else other than KyoAni gets it it will probably be trash.
This is sort of true, but it's also a bit of a double edged sword since they tend to do verbatim adaptations. This means that if there is a writing issue in the actual source itself or a plot element that doesn't quite work right it's making it's way over to the anime as well whether it's to it's benefit or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I don't think it's about creativity so much as it's about playing to the audience's expectations.
Somehow I feel this single factor is more important to the Key production committees modus operandi than outside of the loop (including myself) could possibly imagine. It's kind of like what goes on with Gundam sometimes to draw an example. Fans at this point almost 30 years into the franchises history kind of expect to see a masked character, some form of evolved human, a rocky romance, themes of war, loss and redemption etc. Not having these elements is seen as less desirable and risky than having them. Likewise fans of Key almost certainly expect to see the cute girl with the mystery illness, the cute girl that's actually some sort of spirit, the cute girl that can fight, and a sudden turn towards morbitity near the end. Not having these elements runs the risk of alienating the core fanbase which would straight up doom a Key production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
There's absolutely zero chance this is one cour. Why? It's a guaranteed money-maker - why would a studio intentionally deprive themselves of a chance to sell more Blu-rays when the story is way too much for one cour in the first place?
Probably split cour if it's we're talking about maximizing profit, and there's definitely a lot to be made since the market is currently ripe for this kind of material. Split cour will allow them to jump start the machine and they can probably package it as one of those expensive limited edition boxsets since there's a guaranteed install audience for one in this case. If they are clever they will then do the usual season long break thing by which point they come back, otaku wallets are replenished AND more importantly the hype value is still high. At that point do another one of those expensive boxsets.

Though am I the only one that could swear that frequently hinting like an adaptation was going to be made and then it never happening for so long was part of the whole marketing scheme for this show. Like get people feeling really impatient for a long period of time and then suddenly just letting it "leak" out that it's getting an adaptation such that the tension all flows out of fans at once in the form of absolute glee and adoration for you and your product. Do this and you've just probably more than maximized your hype factor right out of the gate. If this is indeed what happened than it's pretty clever on the part of Key I have to say. Know your audience and know yourselves and you can win a billion yen without disaster.

The thing now would be to start it soon while the hype level is still at it's peak. I'd say they'd want to get it out as early as next season. Maybe Fall at the absolute latest.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-03-26 at 09:41.
Old 2012-03-26, 09:17   Link #94
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
But Air at least got something together.S
I would give it to the voice performances of Daisuke Ono, Aya Hisakawa AND Tomoko Kawakami (RIP). Not to mean that others are without merits, but those are the three that comes in mind.
Old 2012-03-26, 09:24   Link #95
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Holy...! Best news of the day year for me! (Although it still feels too good to be true...)

If KyoAni doesn't handle this, P.A. Works also works for me. Or perhaps I want to see P.A. Works handle this. And just a couple of wishes, first, they keep the original VA cast from the game, and then, the length be not less than 2 cour. Once this becomes officially announced news, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Goddammit KyotoAni where's my Planetarian OVA?
That's another title that I also really wanted to see, but saw no signs of it becoming reality so far.

Quote:
Whatever. Maybe it's time I actually finished this title.
Yeah, gotta finish the game's many routes soon before the anime comes out and spoils the secret of the world for me... and at the rate I'm advancing (read: stalling) through all the VNs I'm playing, it just might happen.
Old 2012-03-26, 10:09   Link #96
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc0716 View Post
IMO, the anime adaptations for Air, Kanon, CLANNAD done by KyoAni are much better than AB anime. Though the plot for AB was cut short due to budgeting issue, so who knows if AB could have been great if that hadn't happened.

I would rather have Planetarian adaptation, but LB is okay too. I want to watch Kyousuke and Mio now.

Edit: Based on this blog, the possibility for KyoAni doing LB anime is highly unlikely.

Quote:
negotiations broke down with Kyoto Animation. Because Kyoto Animation esteems itself in the creation of very high quality works, they are sworn only to animate one project at a time. But at that particular time their line-up was already booked out by Pony Canyon and Kadokawa.

Vava: Because we lost KyoAni, we felt (insecure) about handing out our franchise to another studio. (implied: and so we rejected all other proposals) Nowadays I am fully aware of the fact that there are other studios out there who are capable of carrying our franchise.
If I have to choose, I'd would rather have White Fox doing it. Their OP for Rewrite was quite good, not to mention the success of S;G anime.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12

Last edited by BloodyKitty; 2012-03-26 at 10:20.
Old 2012-03-26, 11:09   Link #97
charizardpal
灼眼の

The sad thing about Little Busters is how inconsistent the quality will be. I'm going to watch the first half and then once the girl's arcs begin I'll be fast-fowarding every episode to where the men speak...I don't have time to waste on Komori or other Kanon expy characters... Instead this everyday comedy between the 5 original Little Busters members is what I loved the most:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqAhB...eature=related

But as much as I've always loved Little Busters, over 5 years I've outgrown it a bit, and I'm crossing my fingers that Yamakan is behind this project just so I could savor the sadistic pleasure of observing the desecration of what I used to call a masterpiece. It'd be a case where everything that could possibly go wrong, would!

「心でなくちゃ、よく見えない。もののなかみは、目では見えない、ってこと。」

Last edited by charizardpal; 2012-03-26 at 11:20.
Old 2012-03-26, 11:22   Link #98
rulfo

If KyoAni handles this... I feel that there might be a chance for Planterian afterall no matter how unlikely it is to happen. T_T
Old 2012-03-26, 11:40   Link #99
leokiko

Wtf is Little Busters anyway?
Old 2012-03-26, 11:52   Link #100
tsunade666

^look for the game. Its' already translated.

And it's indeed longer than clannad (well for me when I played it) So even in 2 cour. It will feel constrain and 1 cour would be .... let's not even think about it.

Planetarian just got a psp game so it's pretty much still.... alive >.> hopes for miracle.

Tags
anime game, little busters