AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2018-06-09, 02:04   Link #1
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Anime episode weekly-breaks Collection

I wasn't sure about the naming, but as the number is starting to amuse me, I felt like making this topic to keep track of all the anime that had to take a break in its broadcast by using a flashback episode or just missing a week out flat.

Unfortunately, I don't remember all of them and mostly the most recent occurrences and only the anime I watch, so if I miss any, please point them out.
Also, for 2-cour, I just included the anime in both sections.

To be honest, the overall drop of quality is more prominent than outright weekly skips, but there is a level of bias in how much a person accepts as "drop"... perhaps, so I couldn't really collect much on that.

Spoiler for Don't remember the season:

Spoiler for Winter 2018:

Spoiler for Spring 2018:

Spoiler for Summer 2018:

Spoiler for Fall 2018:

Spoiler for Winter 2019:

Spoiler for Spring 2019:

Spoiler for Summer 2019:

Spoiler for Fall 2019:

Spoiler for Winter 2020:

Spoiler for Fall 2020:

Spoiler for Winter 2020:

Spoiler for Winter 2021:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2021-02-12 at 00:06.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 11:34   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The worst case I remember is God Eater. I don't recall the exact number of breaks, but it was so bad they couldn't air the last four episodes.

In this season, you can add Legend of the Galactic Heroes that took one break.
Old 2018-06-09, 12:17   Link #3
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
....all the anime that had to take a break in its broadcast by using a flashback episode or just missing a week out flat.
Aren't anime shows that aired with Christmas and New Year in the middle always have Recap episodes or specials or skip a week? Do those count?

Also, anime with 50+ episodes are almost always guaranteed to have recaps.

Btw, my recent experience:
Yu-Gi-Oh! Vrains: 4 Recap episodes IIRC due to production problems.
Old 2018-06-09, 13:19   Link #4
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The worst case I remember is God Eater. I don't recall the exact number of breaks, but it was so bad they couldn't air the last four episodes.

In this season, you can add Legend of the Galactic Heroes that took one break.
Thanks, added. Wasn't watching Galactic Heroes.
And yeah, I did not watch it, but I remember hearing about God Eater's thingamabob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Aren't anime shows that aired with Christmas and New Year in the middle always have Recap episodes or specials or skip a week? Do those count?

Also, anime with 50+ episodes are almost always guaranteed to have recaps.

Btw, my recent experience:
Yu-Gi-Oh! Vrains: 4 Recap episodes IIRC due to production problems.
I'd say those types, and ones like big sports don't count because their reason is most likely not production related.
I guess you can say ones that stand out as irregular. So big long animes might have one once in a while and thus ignorable, but big long anime that have many in a short time period is not.

From a short search, it seems Vrains did like 4 recaps in about 40 episodes?

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2018-06-09 at 13:30.
Old 2018-06-09, 19:39   Link #5
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I don't know if this counts, but Toji no Miko had a scheduled recap (12.5) that covered a summary of the past 12 episodes as Act 1 before proceeding to Episode 13 which started Act 2.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-09, 23:37   Link #6
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I don't know if this counts, but Toji no Miko had a scheduled recap (12.5) that covered a summary of the past 12 episodes as Act 1 before proceeding to Episode 13 which started Act 2.
Thanks. Now that you mention it, I roughly recall that happening.

Old 2018-06-10, 04:16   Link #7
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Recently, 3-Gatsu no Lion season 2 skipped 3 weeks due to the Olympic Games, or so they said. Therefore episode 16 aired on february 3rd while episode 17 aired on march 3rd. One month gap between otherwise regular episodes is rare to be seen.

Irregular as far as i remember: Golden Time skipped 2 weeks instead of 1 for the end of the year. So episode 12 aired on december 20th and episode 13 aired on january 10th.
Old 2018-06-10, 14:12   Link #8
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Recently, 3-Gatsu no Lion season 2 skipped 3 weeks due to the Olympic Games, or so they said. Therefore episode 16 aired on february 3rd while episode 17 aired on march 3rd. One month gap between otherwise regular episodes is rare to be seen.

Irregular as far as i remember: Golden Time skipped 2 weeks instead of 1 for the end of the year. So episode 12 aired on december 20th and episode 13 aired on january 10th.
Thanks. Yeah, I think 3 weeks is pretty unnatural. Shaft getting creative in ways to take breaks too?

But I'll leave out Golden Time because it is a bit more iffy. Lots happening, including both holidays and new seasons, around that time.

Old 2018-08-22, 22:56   Link #9
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I can't remember if a thread expires if there are no new posts for a set time, so I'm gonna kinda bump the thread after adding another count to Steins Gate Zero.

Old 2018-08-23, 08:43   Link #10
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Bakabon's family in the airing gag-comedy Shinya! Bakabon Tensai are asleep when episode two begins. After he is awakened Papa says he is already tired of doing the show and proposes they use a recap instead. They don't, of course.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote