AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2014-05-24, 00:25   Link #2721
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

There's no unanimous motivation, each of the ten seats have their own separate agenda.

EDIT: Mamare says there's no Log Horizon update today for taking an arrow to his knee.
However, to make up for it, there will be TWO chapters next week to conclude volume 8.

.... I wonder if he's playing TES Online.

Last edited by aohige; 2014-05-24 at 05:24.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 06:31   Link #2722
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
There's no unanimous motivation, each of the ten seats have their own separate agenda.

EDIT: Mamare says there's no Log Horizon update today for taking an arrow to his knee.
However, to make up for it, there will be TWO chapters next week to conclude volume 8.

and here we are still wondering who the cat warrior that confront mizufa.
nice move mamare-sensei made, to keep us enthusiastic waiting for next chapter.
31 may please come soon.....
mastermind3342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 10:27   Link #2723
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:

The poor chap needs a good break in any case =3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 11:50   Link #2724
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

There was this booklet that you can "win" by sending in proof of purchase of the novels, and it finally arrived at the doors of Japanese readers.

Someone was kind enough to put up a summary of it.
It's a short story during the Tea Party era, where bunch of TP members got together off-line.
Kanami, KR, Suikazura, Naotsugu, and Shiroe eating at a Yakiniku BBQ restaurant.
taking place in 2015, 3 years before the Log Horizon story.

Lots of info dump....

- Kanami is, well, pretty much exactly Kanami. She looks beautiful btw.
- KR is quadrilingual, and can gather information from servers around the world. Appears to be rich, owns a SRT Viper
- Suikazura (who probably didn't get caught in the Catastrophe 3 years later) is a drunk housewife. Didn't talk much, just kept chugging beer
- Naotsugu is still in college. No pantsu talk.
- Shiroe apparently is constantly insulted by Indicus in the game (fodder glasses, mob glasses etc). Youngest member of the BBQ party
Indicus is apparently pretty in appearance, and sociable. At this point she's the adviser in Tea Party

Other content: short comics
- beach party swimsuit fan service short comic by Hara (official artist)
- short comic by Matsu Motoya (Honey Moon Logs) Charasin trying to take Marielle out to eat, but Shoryu and Naotsugu comes along, Marielle innocently toys with the boys
- short comic by Koyuki (West Wind Brigade) first knight of WWB after the Catastrophe. Boys in boys room (Sou and Dolce), girls in girls room sleeping together.
- short comic by Souchuu (Nyant's fortune recipe) about Roderic asking to test the prototype of mass-produced appearance changing potion wit Nyanta and Serara. Nyanta refuses, as he is happy with his current looks. Serara asks to be slimmer, but Nyanta tells her she's fine as she is. Serara (in lovey-dovey mode) reconsiders and refuses.

I wish I could get this booklet!
Old 2014-05-24, 15:23   Link #2725
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
- Shiroe apparently is constantly insulted by Indicus in the game (fodder glasses, mob glasses etc). Youngest member of the BBQ party
Indicus is apparently pretty in appearance, and sociable. At this point she's the adviser in Tea Party
I can't help but wonder if Indicus bears a grudge towards Shiroe, for taking her role as advisor to the Tea Party (and perhaps in her eyes, her proximity to Kanami), and whether this animosity, if it exist, is part of her motivation for creating a rival organisation in Minami.

Signature by liro
Old 2014-05-24, 21:51   Link #2726
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
I can't help but wonder if Indicus bears a grudge towards Shiroe, for taking her role as advisor to the Tea Party (and perhaps in her eyes, her proximity to Kanami), and whether this animosity, if it exist, is part of her motivation for creating a rival organisation in Minami.
Indicus seems to be pretty asspained by everything, ever.

Something I noticed while browsing images from the Log Horizon Animation Book: from some of the art, it seems as though the anime staff planned to do a S2 pretty early on. That, or they just cut some of the art out of the anime (which I find less likely, considering that a Jap reviewer noted that William's VA seems to have been selected for a specific purpose, and from the fact that Misa's weapon is given a pretty detailed look despite not even being seen in the anime).

Last edited by DQueenie13; 2014-05-24 at 22:24.
DQueenie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 06:59   Link #2727
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Oops, I mistyped a line (somehow two instances of "shiroe is" got deleted in the process)
SHIROE was the youngest member of the Tea Party at the time. (Soujirou hadn't joined yet)
Old 2014-05-25, 15:33   Link #2728
Gatmarant
Margatmar

So the Next 2 chapters will be the last for Vol 8, So than Volume 8 should be released by the end of June.

I doubt the current story arc will be finish in 2 chapters so ,ost likely this story arc will countinue trough vol 9, much like the Goblin event earlier in vol 3=4

Let me ask you because it might seem a bit far-fetched. but i think u can actually split the series into three different main arcs because of there focus, Vol 1-5 seemed to have lead up right to the point of the adventurers settling in this world,

So i think that vol 6-10 might would focus on the consequences this world fraction caused to both the POTL and Adv and how they should deal with them.

While i think the last 5 volumes would focus on the main party involved with the cause of the world fraction and everybody trying to deal with them as well as finally focusing on how to get back home or at the very least come up with a way for some of the adv to return home.
Gatmarant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 19:53   Link #2729
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Oops, I mistyped a line (somehow two instances of "shiroe is" got deleted in the process)
SHIROE was the youngest member of the Tea Party at the time. (Soujirou hadn't joined yet)
Youngest as in age-wise or newest member to join the Tea Party?
Old 2014-05-26, 05:19   Link #2730
tsunade666

Quote:

I wish I could get this booklet!
are there pictures uploaded in the net for the booklet?
Old 2014-05-28, 08:21   Link #2731
BigFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Youngest as in age-wise or newest member to join the Tea Party?
Isn't Soujiro both younger and newer to Tea Party than Shiroe? He keep referring to Shiroe as sempai.

Last edited by BigFire; 2014-05-28 at 08:40.
BigFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 21:22   Link #2732
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFire View Post
Isn't Soujiro both younger and newer to Tea Party than Shiroe? He keep referring to Shiroe as sempai.
The event where Kanami, KR, Suikazura, Naotsugu, and Shiroe eating BBQ in real life. Happens probably before the time Soujiro joins the Tea Party and Shiroe is the newest member.
Old 2014-05-31, 04:57   Link #2733
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Chapter 72

first half
Spoiler:

This is getting way too long, half way through... I'm going to cut and summarize the rest without getting into too much detail

EDIT: here's the second half
Spoiler:

Last edited by aohige; 2014-05-31 at 05:22.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 05:51   Link #2734
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

Quote:
She tosses away her spear and pulls out her the Flying Dolfphin Lute.
To Rudy's surprise, she leaps out of the building, playing her lute.

End of chapter
atta girl, and the next is.....?!!! so excited....

======thing that i remember=====
if i am not wrong, there will be 2 chapter this week...
oh well, its just mean 1 more week to be excited for.
thank for this week chapter like always, aohige-san, ..

Last edited by mastermind3342; 2014-05-31 at 06:08. Reason: harsh word
Old 2014-05-31, 06:10   Link #2735
tsunade666

-_- is this the author's sick joke for Minori >_>???

Since it will be Shiroe and Akatsuki, we will be having Roe2 and Minori -_- onee-san!
Old 2014-05-31, 06:17   Link #2736
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Yes, we have chapter 73 coming soon (tm)

no set time, it could be today or tomorrow or later in the week.
Old 2014-05-31, 06:37   Link #2737
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

Quote:
Yes, we have chapter 73 coming soon (tm)

no set time, it could be today or tomorrow or later in the week.

---------------------by the way------------------

the cat-man really is nyanta-san....for what mission is he here i wonder? is he come alone? Suspicious...

and.... there also some adventure that want go home badly(for good reason..and i pity them for that) that they dare to use extremely insane method like that .... another POV of adventure about catastrope and its effect to them... premonition of a huge conflict in the future... i tell you.

question::
is it there anyone that know what else is POV of adventure about catastrope and its effect to them that we already know or understand until know?.

Last edited by mastermind3342; 2014-05-31 at 06:50.
Old 2014-05-31, 07:08   Link #2738
Gatmarant
Margatmar

I actually find the knights reason believable and its a good thing that Mamare added this becuase it adds more realism to the way how people would actually react to this sort of situation. I know a lot of people who would love to be transported to alternate world like elder tale but u cant expect everybody to leap with joy. i mean there are people who have lives and responsibility they just cant afford to leave behind as well as other dear things to them, family, friends, home, careers.

id say thumbs up to this, The logic behind Londark and Nyanta is also good both of them have very good valid reason to how they should react to what they should react. it gives u a glimpse of 2 contrasting but both valid perspectives to how a person reacts to the outcome of what has occurred.

Personally if i were in this situation i would probably stick to Nyanta's since of logic but i can also understand how the other adventurers who are longing for home feel. Even if they do questionable acts u have to admit u can still sympathize with them.
Gatmarant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 10:51   Link #2739
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
He knows Shiroe's vision of this world and why the adventurers have to work with the landers.
And the possibility of war between the two cannot be ignored. And how devastating that would be to all parties involved.
Londark says that's up to his client, a lander who gave him his quest, and not for him to think about.[/spoiler]
This chapter also brings back Krusty's "Will there be war" question. Previously the focus has always been on the Adventurers, whether they would follow a path of conquest and subjugation, or at least behave like brigands in a lawless world. However, the chapter throws a new light onto this question: what if it's the Landers themselves who desire war? Not with the Adventurers, of course, but with each other instead. What right, then, do the Adventurers have to dissuade them from fighting each other?

The answer, to Nyanta at least, is: none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind3342 View Post
the cat-man really is nyanta-san....for what mission is he here i wonder? is he come alone? Suspicious...
Nyanta is in the area because Shiroe and co are responsible adults who don't think it's a good idea to send four teenagers and a dog into the wild wild world without supervision. Nyanta has been following the juniors from a distance, a task made easy with his Griffin.

Signature by liro
Old 2014-05-31, 15:25   Link #2740
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Aohige, thanks for the summary

Spoiler:

but really, is Isuzu going to pull a Lynn Menmei here

Tags
alternate reality, database, economics, political theory, spoilers