AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-06-13, 04:35   Link #1241
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Heat need more from Wade and to restrict Westbrook more. They had good contributions from Chalmers and Battier standing up. Wade needs to be hitting over 25 for Miami to win. And Bosh needs to get closer to 20, but that's going to be harder with Ibaka and Perkins lurking. Wade has to lift. His aggressive driving and clutch mid-range shots are not happening lately.

Solid contributions all round for OKC. Certainly Miami were better for a bit over two quarters but in that time Durant was able to negate it as needed then the support came. Have to like their dynamic.

I almost get the feeling the game where either Durant/James is sub-par or Wade/Westbrook goes ballistic is where the road win would happen. I'm usually a Bosh enthusiast but that Ibaka/Perkins duo in the paint is going to be hard for him to get past.
Old 2012-06-13, 11:55   Link #1242
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

It all started with the depth, I think. Forget about Durant vs Lebron and Wade vs Westbrook (Wade has been really underperforming), the key to this series comes down to depth, and given how the Thunder have the Sixth Man of the Year, two players in the all defense teams, yeah...

Lebron really can't do it all in the series, he needs help. If Bosh needs to play more minutes, so be it because the other bigs can't match up.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 14:16   Link #1243
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
It all started with the depth, I think. Forget about Durant vs Lebron and Wade vs Westbrook (Wade has been really underperforming), the key to this series comes down to depth, and given how the Thunder have the Sixth Man of the Year, two players in the all defense teams, yeah...

Lebron really can't do it all in the series, he needs help. If Bosh needs to play more minutes, so be it because the other bigs can't match up.
Couldn't agree more. It may be too much to ask considering the athletic players defending him, but Wade will have to be at his best or near it for much longer stretches for the Heat to have a shot. On top of that, Bosh has to assert himself in the paint and get to the free-throw line. I don't remember him attacking the rim more than once against the Thunder. His mid-range shot is one of the best in the league, but he has to be more aggressive.

Hoping they find a way to steal Game 2.
Old 2012-06-14, 06:35   Link #1244
sky black swordman

The Thunder need to win the first 2 games to stad a chance aginst the Heat.

Here something may or may not happen , last year Lebron in the Final choked.
The thing that killing the Heat is all those missed free throws.
Epecially from D Wade.

Wade underperforming is the reason many call D fade.
I am not trying to say he is bad but he need to play better.
I give Bosh a pass because he just a while ago came back from an injury.
Old 2012-06-14, 07:15   Link #1245
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
The Thunder need to win the first 2 games to stad a chance aginst the Heat.

Here something may or may not happen , last year Lebron in the Final choked.
The thing that killing the Heat is all those missed free throws.
Epecially from D Wade.

Wade underperforming is the reason many call D fade.
I am not trying to say he is bad but he need to play better.
I give Bosh a pass because he just a while ago came back from an injury.
Actually, this is shaping up like the Boston vs Miami series if you ask me, except that the Thunder are better equipped than the Celtics (I do favor the Thunder in this matchup because of the quality inside). And yeah, Dwade is 30 now with another 2 years at most given his (rather) reckless playstyle, I just don't expect him to underperform like this. Bosh's case is special. Sooner or later, they will have to play him for at least 36 minutes a game, and the faster he can get back to top shape, the better for the Heat (like, kinda obvious here). In fact, I say that the Heat needs to win the next game to have a chance in this series because OKC isn't going to care about Home court or Away court here. They're just going to run, run and outhustle their opponents as much as they can.
Old 2012-06-14, 08:16   Link #1246
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

If Harden got his production, not just 5 point like Game 1.. its will more tough for the Heat. Harden is due to have at least one big game on the series.
Old 2012-06-14, 21:34   Link #1247
sky black swordman

So right now the Heat are up but from what I see the Thunder can come back and fast.
Old 2012-06-14, 21:41   Link #1248
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

In the NBA anything can and may happen. I as a Lakers' fan remembered what happened during the 2008 finals. I think NBA is probably the one sport where the fans can actually turn the tides in a game and the Thunders may have the best Fan base town.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 22:03   Link #1249
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
So right now the Heat are up but from what I see the Thunder can come back and fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
In the NBA anything can and may happen. I as a Lakers' fan remembered what happened during the 2008 finals. I think NBA is probably the one sport where the fans can actually turn the tides in a game and the Thunders may have the best Fan base town.
Hmm, game 4 of 2008, yeah...(agree on the Thunder fan base)

More than fans, I think it's the way momentum swings so quickly in any given play, like how a dunk or a block can start a 10-2 run or something, or how a clutch 3 puts so much pressure on the opponent. Basketball is as every bit mental as it is physical. It's like baseball. You pitch well, and out of a sudden, once you let a homerun, you'll not have the same composure again.
Old 2012-06-14, 22:49   Link #1250
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

DAMN! That was a good finish for game 2 Miami got lucky
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 22:53   Link #1251
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
Pretty controversial end, with the potential foul on Durant at the end.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 22:54   Link #1252
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
I agree with you. The Heat got win but the Thunder prove to me that the can will stay in the game .
The Thunder need to win Game 3 and like I know they can. And ref's made pretty bad calls in this game.
1 was that block foul.

Quote:
Pretty controversial end, with the potential foul on Durant at the end.
Yeah for sure.
Old 2012-06-14, 22:58   Link #1253
Kyuu
=^^=

I couldn't watch. I didn't want to jinx it. Alas... all for naught.

So, what kind of BS allowed the Heat to win one?
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 23:01   Link #1254
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Miami has a knack for blowing double digit leads.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 23:02   Link #1255
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Many blames the referees which I say is a pretty good reason why. Heats came out with the win, no matter what happens things cannot change the past. I going for the Heats to win the series, because I am somewhat a little angry that the Lakers lost. As well I live in a Miami beach house and going to college there.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 23:04   Link #1256
Elo the Blue

Even as a Heat fan, I'll admit there were some poor calls by the refs on both sides of the floor. Regardless, Miami deserved this win.

LeBron was amazing as usual, especially with his CLUTCH bank-shot and free throws. I hope he continues to attack the rim. Battier continues to drain big buckets. Plus, hHe's doing as good a job on KD as you can, considering the circumstances as well. Wade finally came through early in the game and played well for the most part. Finally, I have to salute Bosh for going 16 & 15.

They're the enemy now, but it's still difficult to root against KD, Westbrook, Harden and company. Harden and Westbrook are two of my favorite ballers.
Old 2012-06-14, 23:11   Link #1257
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Miami has a knack for blowing double digit leads.
Thats so true they were up by double digit many times in this game and loss them .But I think that has more to do with the Thunder and their ability to stay in games .

But I will agree the refs made many bad calls .They need to study the rule book.

Man are these guys drop outs of referee school.
Old 2012-06-14, 23:13   Link #1258
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

You wanna know somebody who hasn't been mentioned but is making a great contribution?

Shane Battier.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 23:15   Link #1259
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
I couldn't watch. I didn't want to jinx it. Alas... all for naught.

So, what kind of BS allowed the Heat to win one?
No foul was called on Wade/LeBron(forgot which lol) when Durant went up for the shot that would have tied the game and ended up missing.

Durant did go on a missing streak though, that definitely hurt...he finished the game with 26 points...should have been more like 35 lol

on another note...SHAVE YOUR HEAD LEBRON! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET RID OF THAT JACKED UP HAIRLINE OF YOURS! @_@
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 23:29   Link #1260
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Thats so true they were up by double digit many times in this game and loss them. But I think that has more to do with the Thunder and their ability to stay in games.

But I will agree the refs made many bad calls .They need to study the rule book.

Man are these guys drop outs of referee school.
OKC can rack up points, but Miami don't do themselves any favours when they get lazy with ball movement, go isolation-heavy and settle for tough shots. Those result in stops for the opposing team and help them chip away at leads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
You wanna know somebody who hasn't been mentioned but is making a great contribution?

Shane Battier.
I mentioned him in my previous post.

Dude's averaging 17 points in the Finals on almost 69.2% shooting from 3-point land ().