AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-10-22, 19:15   Link #31261
Aurelis
Daydreamer

I actually thought the same thing as Obelisk.

But nevermind that, how boring it is to get only RX-78-2. You're probably better of with getting him an MG RX-78-2 Ver 3 and an MG Proto Wing.

It's usually more "teasing" to get someone 1-2 good kits, just to entice them enough to try it but not enough to "satisfy" them. Getting those RG [Which btw, mine is absolutely wonderful, no falling parts], HG [The G30th version has a dumb looking face] and the SD [] would only make him feel meh, especially after seeing the MG.

What you want is to lure them into this hobby. Like I did with my two friends. One of them confidently dared that if I can help him find a HG kit for under $20 in local stores, he'll buy it. Lo and behold, we saw a HG 00 Gundam for $19 at a comic shop. That was a year ago and now he's at 66 kits, including the MG EX-S Gundam. The other one said he don't like Gunpla, but I showed him a 50% discounted PG Strike Freedom at a warehouse sale and he now has multiple SEED RG and MG.

Poisoning, I mean sharing the hobby is caring. I love it when they come to me and sigh about how broke they are after their shopping spree. *evil grin*
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 19:18   Link #31262
suiton629
Master Grade Master

I guess I will go with the MG 3.0 only then along with the expansion exclusive add on. Maybe the RG...
Old 2013-10-22, 19:49   Link #31263
Skye629

Ok time to move the topic away from Suiton's logic (its his decision anyways, what we say dont really matter since its his money)

So here's the awesome question:

If GBF was real, what HG 1/144 kit(s) would you pull off your shelf (you gotta own it lol) to do battle with? Do remember it can potentially become trashed

Note: Exclude 00 and AGE HGs for now, 00 kits have not been seen in action yet, as such we dont know how they perform or are balanced, and AGE apparently is not making an appearance since it was the last series

I would use my old (recently acquired and built though) HG Gouf Flight Type (Goufs FTW!!!!)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 20:12   Link #31264
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Ok time to move the topic away from Suiton's logic (its his decision anyways, what we say dont really matter since its his money)

If GBF was real, what HG 1/144 kit(s) would you pull off your shelf (you gotta own it lol) to do battle with? Do remember it can potentially become trashed

Note: Exclude 00 and AGE HGs for now, 00 kits have not been seen in action yet, as such we dont know how they perform or are balanced, and AGE apparently is not making an appearance since it was the last series

I would use my old (recently acquired and built though) HG Gouf Flight Type (Goufs FTW!!!!)
I would use my HGUC GP01 FB Probably my best job with the details on any of my kits
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 20:35   Link #31265
Knight-of-Gold

I'd probably use my HGAC Gundam X. Best HG i've painted
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 20:35   Link #31266
Aurelis
Daydreamer

It is with deepest regret [and pride] that I should offer my Nu HWS to sacrifice:

Now don't get the wrong idea that I envision myself as a pro fighter with insane micro funnel controls.

It's the complete opposite. I've never been good at fighting games, and I suck hard at Gundam Extreme VS *I lose all the time as high tier units much less lower ones*. So I was hoping that the additional armour will assist me as I float helplessly trying to target the enemy. The multiple weapon assignments would assist me in my poor attempt to bring someone down.

Lastly, I didn't like the kit's articulation eitherway, so it being damaged is kinda okay with me.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-22, 21:41   Link #31267
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Thats one sexy looking Nu Gundam you got there, Aurelis. Would hate to trash it if I would have to battle it^^
Old 2013-10-23, 00:58   Link #31268
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:

I would use....man, so many options. Well, since Gundam X is already taken(Curse you Knight-of-Gold!), I'll use God Gundam.

Btw, MG Gundam X update(CG).
Old 2013-10-23, 02:51   Link #31269
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Call me the odd 1 : if there is a real GBF I would like to use perfect strike
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 03:24   Link #31270
RX93-2
White Unicorn

Out of the HG's I made recently, (aka my better ones) I would pick the HGUC Unicorn destroy.
My best model, that I wouldn't mind getting damaged too much, would be the 1/100 Vent Saviour (a surprisingly decent kit btw)
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 03:58   Link #31271
Sworra

This is no fun.. I don't own any HG's I only have RG's.. Does RG's count? If not i'm running to my hobby store now.. haha
Old 2013-10-23, 04:06   Link #31272
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
This is no fun.. I don't own any HG's I only have RG's.. Does RG's count? If not i'm running to my hobby store now.. haha
In GBF, anything counts
PG, HG, RG, SD, anything as long as its Gunpla.
Though HG does seem like a popular choice due to the range of different kits.

I actually have a boxes of junked model kits that I broke lol. Im trying to customise a kit using HG SF, IJ, and Destiny. Well, they broke when I shifted home about 8 years ago so I dont want to get it wasted.
Old 2013-10-23, 04:09   Link #31273
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
In GBF, anything counts
PG, HG, RG, SD, anything as long as its Gunpla.
Though HG does seem like a popular choice due to the range of different kits.
I'm pretty sure its at 1/144 scale. Try fitting a PG in that GBF machine.. haha!
Old 2013-10-23, 04:16   Link #31274
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
I'm pretty sure its at 1/144 scale. Try fitting a PG in that GBF machine.. haha!
Lol. I wonder if HG Dendrobium would appear. It is 1/144 scale lol.
Old 2013-10-23, 05:14   Link #31275
helois

Quote:

a MG (the O for the armor)!!!! or a PG (Strike Freedom,Funnels big almost like HG 1/144.. XD )

no,seriously..

probably something transformable,like Kyrios/Arios/Harute/Aegis with obviusly some modification like vernier for speed..

or something big like Kshatrya or something i like..

that black project of a full armor Banshee that i had in mind..
helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 07:02   Link #31276
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:

What will I use? Well, for me it's obviously this:

My HG Gundam Aesculapius .

It's a formidable Gundam and a decent kit that I build, yet I don't mind it got damaged as it is also an old and simple kit. Easy to repair .
Old 2013-10-23, 09:07   Link #31277
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

I own Freedom, Nu, GP-01 and Gundam.

Since I probably can't micro my funnels, I'll have to settle with spamming beams with my Freedom.
Old 2013-10-23, 09:19   Link #31278
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:

I would gladly use my HGUC GM Custom,probably customize it to mount extra beam saber on it backpack & give it a beam rifle or beam carbine.
Old 2013-10-23, 10:26   Link #31279
Knight-of-Gold

MG Destiny Impulse R confirmed as a Premium Bandai online exclusive.
Looks like there wont be any remaster of the impulse frame any time.

Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 10:39   Link #31280
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold View Post
MG Destiny Impulse R confirmed as a Premium Bandai online exclusive.
Looks like there wont be any remaster of the impulse frame any time.

Thats a good thing, Impulse is a great MG to begin with, no need for an update

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy