AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2014-11-04, 15:48   Link #1201
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Guys, I haven't read the VN of FSN, stop spoiling me, I didn't know Illya was 18

To be fair I got spoiled by this too as I didn't get to the part in the VN yet where that is said. Not that important.
TheGuraGuraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 15:50   Link #1202
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuraGuraMan View Post
I'm saying it would be more interesting as Anime are way more easy to translate (and it would definitely be) and that we could finally get most of the story of those arcs in english, see my point ? DEEN's anime is the worst thing ever, I always said that, but that's another problem.
We'd also have way more of a chance of an official localization with an anime version, especially since it's more or less agreed that getting the Alchemist ports would be a miracle. From what I've read, the Alchemist ports contain most of the original Arcs, right? So it wouldn't be hard to adapt the Alchemist version, while still remaining faithful to the original.
Old 2014-11-04, 15:53   Link #1203
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Ufotable is the greatest animation studio, that's all you need to know. Usually, they work on Type-Moon stuff, which FSN is part of.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 15:53   Link #1204
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
We'd also have way more of a chance of an official localization with an anime version, especially since it's more or less agreed that getting the Alchemist ports would be a miracle. From what I've read, the Alchemist ports contain most of the original Arcs, right? So it wouldn't be hard to adapt the Alchemist version, while still remaining faithful to the original.

They have all of the original content besides one of the two secondary arcs of Rei I believe, the one that got adapted as the first episode of Kira. On the other hand, the many choices changes a lot of stuff in the progression of the story.
Old 2014-11-04, 15:56   Link #1205
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
They have all of the original content besides one of the two secondary arcs of Rei I believe, the one that got adapted as the first episode of Kira. On the other hand, the many choices changes a lot of stuff in the progression of the story.
Why, that's even better, then! Change enough so that people who've seen the old anime won't be bored, but keep it faithful so fans of the VN won't be ignored. (Again!) ...Although, they'd have to choose between Himatsubushi and Hou... That is a very difficult decision, though I suppose they could just make Hou an OVA series.
Old 2014-11-04, 16:02   Link #1206
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
...Although, they'd have to choose between Himatsubushi and Hou...

Why ?

And Hou is a special chapter that is implied to be bullshit written by Takano, doesn't fit in the main story.
Old 2014-11-04, 16:04   Link #1207
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Why ?

And Hou is a special chapter that is implied to be bullshit written by Takano, doesn't fit in the main story.
Oh, it is? I thought it was an epilogue, nevermind! If it was just junk written by Takano, then Himatsubushi, with maybe Hou as an OVA series. I thought
Spoiler for Miotsukushi NOT HIMATSUBUSHI:

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 2014-11-04 at 16:17.
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 16:06   Link #1208
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

You're confusing Matsuribayashi with Himatsubushi, I think.

Himatsubushi is the Time Killing Chapter. The 4th arc with Akasaka.
Old 2014-11-04, 16:08   Link #1209
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:

Oh, crap! I meant Miotsukushi! Oh, man, sorry, you're right! I dunno how I flubbed the names that bad...
Old 2014-11-04, 16:08   Link #1210
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

I buy the vita version, just someone tell me the release date once the magazine hints it.
Old 2014-11-04, 16:08   Link #1211
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:

I think you mean Miotsukushi then, Matsuribayashi is the original final arc.
Old 2014-11-04, 16:10   Link #1212
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
I buy the vita version, just someone tell me the release date once the magazine hints it.

Will be posted here I guess. As I said before, will buy the ps3 version. Hope Vit or some other people will rip it.
Old 2014-11-04, 16:13   Link #1213
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
I think you mean Miotsukushi then, Matsuribayashi is the original final arc.
I thought Dent was talking about the last arc, that's why I suggested Matsuribayashi.

Wow, major misunderstanding overload.
Old 2014-11-04, 16:19   Link #1214
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

I can post vid from vita when I get it. I was thinking of posting a Higurashi Jan playthrough if there was interest...
I did lose my orginal youtube account when I posted Daybreak megaedition when it came out. But I had Railgun PSP up for long time now with no probs.

Too bad the TV bundle that just came out is really only for PS3-4 and not vita unlike Jap counterpart. Would like to
meet someone who had more knowledge when it comes to vita.
I would have bought pachinko machine by now if someone was more verse in finding a way how. When I buy online it usually books and not larger things. I do plan on getting mahjong table this fall and that like ALOT of shipping >_<
Old 2014-11-04, 16:28   Link #1215
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisu View Post
I can post vid from vita when I get it. I was thinking of posting a Higurashi Jan playthrough if there was interest...
I did lose my orginal youtube account when I posted Daybreak megaedition when it came out. But I had Railgun PSP up for long time now with no probs.
I'd watch a Jan playthrough, I like the art style but have barely seen anything about the game, other than it involves Mahjong.
Old 2014-11-04, 16:39   Link #1216
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

Well I will keep you posted, I need a day of quiet. Since my recorder BSR5 will only record from mic
Old 2014-11-04, 17:02   Link #1217
Mr. Dent
A Rather Brillig Ember

Quote:
Originally Posted by FXtreme View Post
It's all mahjong and fanservice. Heinous fanservice. It's fanservice on the level of Kira 01 with a little bit of mahjong sprinkled in between.

I'm not too fond of the art style myself. Their faces don't look good to me.
Oh, that's a shame. I've only seen the Opening (Awesome song, btw,) and the faces are exactly what I like about them. I dunno, but it's something about the shape of the eyes and nose, I think.
Spoiler for Big Picture:
Old 2014-11-04, 17:05   Link #1218
TheGuraGuraMan

Quote:
Oh, that's a shame. I've only seen the Opening (Awesome song, btw,) and the faces are exactly what I like about them. I dunno, but it's something about the shape of the eyes and mouth, I dunno.
Spoiler for Big Picture:

Neither do I dislike it, there is better, but don't have any problem with it. And yeah, the opening was pretty damn cool. It's a shame they ejected every male characters besides Keiichi tough.
Old 2014-11-04, 17:11   Link #1219
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
I'd watch the Jan walkthrough as well. Been interested in it. Friend tried to teach me some mahjong during the year it came out so I was just like "OOOHHH? What is this..."

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 18:17   Link #1220
GrAVit

My initial reaction to this new upcoming Higurashi PS3 and Vita version might've been casual, but now, especially because of all the DS arcs and stuff too, I'm really excited! lol

I think I'd rather get it for the Vita than the PS3. I have a PS3, and I don't even have a Vita, but I'd consider buying the handheld console just for Higurashi (if it were to be localized).
I just like the idea of, you know, having the game with me and easily portable, rather than sitting next to my TV with a controller in my hands.
GrAVit is offline   Reply With Quote