AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-10-04, 23:04   Link #581
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Shana.... saying that she doesn't remember what she said....

Cuteness FTW!
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 06:41   Link #582
changeup

They can certainly put the tenth book in this series, like what they did with Shana's past in the first season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devard View Post
It's possible. At the moment, I think they're going to skip the tenth novel. I hope they animate it as an OVA or something though. If not, well, at least we have the manga.

Spoiler for Personal predictions and novel plot, expand at your own risk:
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 06:48   Link #583
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
They can certainly put the tenth book in this series, like what they did with Shana's past in the first season.
Well, sure, they could do "anything". It's just that the previews of the second season that we've seen in the past few months hasn't really hinted at the tenth novel if I recall correctly.
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 12:28   Link #584
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Fantastic OP. Couldn't wait but got spoilt by it, and I'd say I'll be on a jumpy wait for the fansubs to come out.

Was just wondering whether the new Tomogara girl will be any major impact on the storyline at all, considering that she's a 'non-canon' character not from the novels.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 17:12   Link #585
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
She is probably just there to cause some devilish - and so she is an anime original character then? O.O

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 17:13   Link #586
X10A_Freedom

I must be the only person here who was put off a little at the OP. I'm not a heavy metal fan unfortunately but that aside, I still think the music editing was poor. The heavy metal intro is over 30 seconds long while a TV version opening in an anime is 1:30 tops. That intro not being made shorter results in the 1:29 mark of the OP is extremely rushed. That aside, Kawada Mami sings very well!

Spoiler:

I also think Shana needs a sub-forum. 2 pages of episode opinions even before subtitles are out is an indication of the popularity methinks!

Last edited by X10A_Freedom; 2007-10-05 at 17:31.
X10A_Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 17:20   Link #587
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
Was just wondering whether the new Tomogara girl will be any major impact on the storyline at all, considering that she's a 'non-canon' character not from the novels.
well, what exactly do you consider a major impact on the story? seems to me the only real effect any villain from the first season had in the long run is that Friagne left behind the anti-flame ring and the map of the city, and Sorath left behind the Blutsauger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
She is probably just there to cause some devilish - and so she is an anime original character then? O.O
no, she's taken from a Shana nintendo DS and Playstation 2 game.

I've never played them, but I hear this arc is based loosely off the games' story.

Last edited by ashlay; 2007-10-05 at 17:31.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 19:24   Link #588
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
I'm in agreement with Shana getting a sub-forum, firstly considering that this thread, the movie thread, the novel and manga thread and the first season's thread total to 3051 posts as of this reply (this one being the 3052nd) and secondly because of the activity of thread (2 pages of discussion for an episode that hasn't even been subbed).
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 19:33   Link #589
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox View Post
I'm in agreement with Shana getting a sub-forum, firstly considering that this thread, the movie thread, the novel and manga thread and the first season's thread total to 3051 posts as of this reply (this one being the 3052nd) and secondly because of the activity of thread (2 pages of discussion for an episode that hasn't even been subbed).
well, suppose you could make a request for it over in Forum & Site Feedback.
Old 2007-10-05, 20:37   Link #590
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
well, what exactly do you consider a major impact on the story? seems to me the only real effect any villain from the first season had in the long run is that Friagne left behind the anti-flame ring and the map of the city, and Sorath left behind the Blutsauger.
How can you forget the fact that Sydonay has the knowledge of Yuuji's status? That was what led Balle Masque to try to kidnap him in the first place, and they will most certainly try it again, if the OP was any indication.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 21:01   Link #591
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
How can you forget the fact that Sydonay has the knowledge of Yuuji's status? That was what led Balle Masque to try to kidnap him in the first place, and they will most certainly try it again, if the OP was any indication.
but their floating island is still up, hecate is back to normal, it's not like they're going to tell anyone else about the reiji maigo, the reset button on Shana's confession to Yuji was just hit, and Yoshida basically wiped away any credit Shana might of gotten from saving Yuji at the end of season 1 (round 2, whee)

so yeah, Sydonay finding out during the twins' arc did effect the plot, it started the involvement of Bal Masque...but so far Bal Masque has had absolutely no effect on the plot. 0_o No battle power ups, no changes in the relationships, no damage to the enemy ranks, and nothing on the Reiji Maigo. I don't know...I suppose we'll see if anything comes up next week with Hecate or if they reveal something about the Reiji Maigo, seemed like the trinity was in exposition mode from the preview. but right now, I really don't see any of the villains having effected much, seems more like its always been the other flame hazes. >_<

um...anyway, don't think this game character arc will change much other than perhaps making the status quo that of the novels, whatever that may be.
Old 2007-10-06, 06:14   Link #592
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
well, suppose you could make a request for it over in Forum & Site Feedback.
The subforum has been requested numerous times already, even before season 1 started airing. I've got so used to just a forum thread that I don't care anymore. I just wish some Shanatards would cut down on the pointless fanboyish posts.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 07:07   Link #593
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
The subforum has been requested numerous times already, even before season 1 started airing. I've got so used to just a forum thread that I don't care anymore. I just wish some Shanatards would cut down on the pointless fanboyish posts.
I don't much care either, though I do admit that Shana is well deserving of a subforum. It just wouldn't affect me much at all, I rarely post in any of the subforums.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 13:29   Link #594
alvinkhorfire

Why, Shana? Why don't you just admit to Yuji that you likes him? Because of this, Shana has lost a bit to Kazumi on the challenge of who will declare their love to Yuji. Yes, I know that the rest button has to be pushed to keep the love triangle alive. And, lest we forget, Shana was raised in the environment where Alastor and Wilhemina had chosen not to teach her about human emotion, fearing that it could disrupt her training.

Asking Shana to express her emotion and deal with jealousy and so on is quite difficult for her. The main reason why she declared that she likes Yuji in the Seirei-den is because it was the "last" chance for her to do so. She thought she would die (luckily she didn't) and gave it all to state that she likes Yuji.

Now that, both Yuji and Shana have survived from the event. Certainly, she could not state her feeling again and has chosen to use urasai x3 to conceal her feeling. What to do?

Spoiler for Spoiler from novel:

It is kind of strange about Wilhelmina's behaviour. After the event at episode 16 at first season, she left Shana alone so that she can learn to be independent. And now, she follows Shana go to and back from school. I guess that the fear of losing Shana again has prompt her to do so.

It appears that we have first couple in SnS II: Tanaka and Ogata. Am I right?

Mare's wicked smile has certainly reminded me of Aizenta Tyrael's (sister of perverted sibliings).

Question:
1) At about 15 seconds into the OP, whose hand is that?
2) Why are Shana and Yuji's clothes quite different at the near end of the OP?
Spoiler for Info from novel:

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2007-10-06 at 14:03.
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 13:58   Link #595
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Why, Shana? Why don't you just admit to Yuji that you likes him? Because of this, Shana has lost a bit to Kazumi on the challenge of who will declare their love to Yuji. Yes, I know that the rest button has to be pushed to keep the love triangle alive. And, lest we forget, Shana was raised in the environment where Alastor and Wilhemina had chosen not to teach her about human emotion, fearing that it could disrupt her training.

Asking Shana to express her emotion and deal with jealousy and so on is quite difficult for her. The main reason why she declared that she likes Yuji in the Seirei-den is because it was the "last" chance for her to do so. She thought she would die (luckily she didn't) and gave it all to state that she likes Yuji.

Now that, both Yuji and Shana have survived from the event. Certainly, she could not state her feeling again and has chosen to use urasai x3 to conceal her feeling. What to do?

Spoiler for Spoiler from novel:

It is kind of strange about Wilhelmina's behaviour. After the event at episode 16 at first season, she left Shana alone so that she can learn to be independent. And now, she follows Shana go to and back from school. I guess that the fear of losing Shana again has prompt her to do so.

It appears that we have first couple in SnS II: Tanaka and Ogata. Am I right?

Mare's wicked smile has certainly reminded me of Aizenta Tyrael's (sister of perverted sibliings).

Question: At about 15 seconds into the OP, whose hand is that?
I was wondering who's arm that was too.

Someone told me that it was "the Silver's" arm, but i'm not sure if it's his or not. Anyone know the answer???
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 14:39   Link #596
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Question:
1) At about 15 seconds into the OP, whose hand is that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
I was wondering who's arm that was too.

Someone told me that it was "the Silver's" arm, but i'm not sure if it's his or not. Anyone know the answer???
edit: whoops.

I see no other reason for Margery to appear immediately after all angry if it isn't him.

arm design seems about the same.

Last edited by ashlay; 2007-10-06 at 14:55.
Old 2007-10-06, 15:26   Link #597
bayoab

Quote:
Why, Shana? Why don't you just admit to Yuji that you likes him? Because of this, Shana has lost a bit to Kazumi on the challenge of who will declare their love to Yuji.
Because she is a 2D fictional character who the creators have decided that
Quote:
Yes, I know that the rest button has to be pushed to keep the love triangle alive.
is beneficial to sales.

Beside, the creators know that if they ever pair them up, the losing half of the audience who actually gives a damn about the love story will flee. Thus, nothing will ever happen.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 15:37   Link #598
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

They will need an anime/game original arc to buy them time, at least until they can conclude the novels,I m guessing they still need at least 2 more novels to finish the story or to at least conclude the "you-know-what" arc started in vol 14.
Overall, a nice episode, anyone know how many episode are in this season?
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 16:09   Link #599
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Overall, a nice episode, anyone know how many episode are in this season?
I don't think it's been announced yet, but we should find out within the next few weeks (or sooner) once Geneon solicits the DVDs. I'm thinking it could be another 24 episodes, but that's pure speculation on my part.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 00:07   Link #600
Aquifina

First Impressions

I saw the Raw, and was able to piece together the basic plot from the various spoilers:

Spoiler for Shana II Ep. 1:
Aquifina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, sequel, shounen, supernatural