AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-02, 03:42   Link #281
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

The manga is fanservice too. The story isn't going to win awards for depth of plot or character development but it is fun to read/watch. I do have to say Male Natsuru's voice seems very young for the body. It is a little jarring at first.

Unfortunately like most gender bending stories it's just a gimmick for the plot. There's no real significance to the change in gender, he just has to do it "because the higher powers said so". Other than that it's just used for the usual awkward humor and gender jokes (seriously people there is no mystery behind how women use the toilet...).

Well, at least it's entertaining. Really, can't ask for more than that.
Old 2009-10-02, 03:50   Link #282
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
ugg.. this was a horrible.. I'm sorry if your going to have girls fighting and flipping and jumping and not show a single pantsu shot it just sucks.. if you don't want it to be ecchi and want fighting put some damn sport shorts on them.. but when it is that many jumps and flips and skirts totally defy gravity it turns me off the show as being too damn unrealistic. I like a bit of realism in most of my shows or some sort of explanation but this was just way too much. Than you got a scene with him as a girl almost completely undressed yet again no pantsu.. this show doesn't know if it wants to be ecchi or not just ruining it.. no wonder I read other places this show is crappy.
Pantsu? Is that what you're worrying about? Would that make the show better for you?!? - If you mean gg's comments, they're always subbing the "shittiest" shows, all the time. Your own fault if you listen to what they write there.

What you see is what you get. This isn't going to be a "great" anime by all means, but at least for those people who are in for some easygoing fun, it's got a guilty pleasure appeal. Essentially, it will turn into a reverse harem: Natsuru will come under hot pursuit from the other girls, while the one he is really interested in (Sakura), falls for his female form, hard. Till the later novels, this is what the show will be about - and if that's too little for you, fair enough, but you won't get happy with it.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 03:56   Link #283
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I do have to say Male Natsuru's voice seems very young for the body. It is a little jarring at first.
Most likely due to budget saving, they went with just one seiyuu for both the male and female part. Inoue Marina is usually a good pick for this, though I'm sure I have heard more convincingly male interpretations from her. As you mention, Natsuru does sound childish for a high schooler.

It was a quite random first episode, with lot of disconnected sequences and events. Though it was funny and I didn't regret watching it. I liked the puns on the seiyuu, though fortunately they stopped just at the point where they were about to become repetitive.
Horie Yui's performance was the most outstanding, switching from Ayu Ayu mode to crazy psycho mode like that. Serious lols (although very predictable) at Sakura falling in love with the female version of Natsuru . About the ... happenings, I'm willing to bet it wasn't Sakura who attacked them in the library, but rather the Seito Kaichou, whom probably wears a red bracelet as well.

All in all, mindless fun. I'll watch at least another 1-2 episodes before deciding what to do with this series.
Old 2009-10-02, 03:57   Link #284
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
I think the two most important factors to the anime so far for me are Akane and Akane. As for the show in general, let's just say I'm at least leaning towards watching the next episode.
Old 2009-10-02, 04:08   Link #285
Tiberium Wolf

Why no one talking about the tiger's voice? God! It's horrible. It's so freaking gay! They should have used a manly voice.
Old 2009-10-02, 04:26   Link #286
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Most likely due to budget saving, they went with just one seiyuu for both the male and female part. Inoue Marina is usually a good pick for this, though I'm sure I have heard more convincingly male interpretations from her. As you mention, Natsuru does sound childish for a high schooler.
Out of all the male character's she has voiced in the past, only one of them wasn't a small boy, so that explains why people may think Natsuru's male voice sounds a bit young. Still a like Inoue Marina's job here.

I enjoyed this first episode very much. It's just mindless fun, and i'll expect it for what it is and fully enjoy it. Quite like the seiyuu jokes, along with that random Mobile Suit one. Hope they can keep them up.
Old 2009-10-02, 04:36   Link #287
Newhope

Wasn't a bad episode although I'am a disappointed with some of the voice acting.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 04:37   Link #288
Jerseykid

i was going to say totally wrong voice for the guy but i guess it makes sense if he is going to be turning into a girl. I approve of all said fanservice.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 05:58   Link #289
CHRONICLE_KEY

Wasn't bad but I feel like something is missing..... hope it's just because it's a 1st episode.
one more thing though..... those stuffed animals are disturbing somehow......
EDIT: Forgot to mention that I really like that not only Natsuru who get to transform and change their appearance does this happen to all Kämpfers ?

Last edited by CHRONICLE_KEY; 2009-10-02 at 06:15.
CHRONICLE_KEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 06:14   Link #290
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

The best part of all is that THERE IS YURI!!! YAY!

The storyline is ridiculous but hilarious. I claim Akane as my waifu!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 06:26   Link #291
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
watched the raws, but is it just me, my source, or my system that the animation style looked like something out of the 90's? but with today's standard specs of course,

but at least its still faithfull to the manga anyways & about that random Mobile Suit joke, yeah right....
Spoiler for joke:
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 06:29   Link #292
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ranma vibes are up. Tora's voice is a bane in the aer on my part...
Old 2009-10-02, 06:32   Link #293
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRONICLE_KEY View Post
one more thing though..... those stuffed animals are disturbing somehow......
I thought they were the best part.

Seems to be fan-service with a ridiculous premise, but it was entertaining enough for what it is. Not sure if I'll watch more.
Ansalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 06:40   Link #294
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
watched the raws, but is it just me, my source, or my system that the animation style looked like something out of the 90's? but with today's standard specs of course,
I can see where you're coming from. It does help that the premise is very much like a 90s anime, which isn't a bad thing at all.
Old 2009-10-02, 06:47   Link #295
Blaat

Besides the two Gundam references and the 4th wall breaking seiyuu jokes, the first episode did not impress me. I'll give the show a few more episodes but I wouldn't be surprised if I end up dropping it.
Old 2009-10-02, 07:05   Link #296
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Another 90's relic: It brought back the fantasy of guys turning into girls!
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 07:34   Link #297
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Anyway which group is subbing this?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 07:35   Link #298
CHRONICLE_KEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Anyway which group is subbing this?
gg already released it
CHRONICLE_KEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 07:53   Link #299
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Claymore crossover ?? its a joke lol .
Ahah GG said "This is easily the shittiest show we've subbed"
I can agree . The story omg . Not my taste i pass .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 07:56   Link #300
dave1992
Hinagiku Fans

Send a message via Yahoo to dave1992
I'm sensing this anime getting subforum soon...

Or it's just me?
dave1992 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, genderbender, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen