AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-06-26, 15:30   Link #901
Aeshma

Spoiler for supposedly volume 8 spoilers:

None of this bodes well for Sena. IŽd love her to win, but the writer is obviously setting her up for the fall.
Aeshma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 17:00   Link #902
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeshma View Post
Spoiler for supposedly volume 8 spoilers:

None of this bodes well for Sena. IŽd love her to win, but the writer is obviously setting her up for the fall.
Spoiler:
But, that said, I agree with your conclusion. Contrary to the way some might want to pitch it, this has all the makings of a "romance death flag", and I would even say things have never looked better for Yozora.
Old 2012-06-26, 17:15   Link #903
mironicus

Spoiler:

In Volume 6 Kodaka said to Sena that he can't imagine to have a girlfriend if he even don't have a friend. Well, now he has one...

Quote:
and I would even say things have never looked better for Yozora.
How can things look better for her if she never stepped out of her childhood memories. She needs support from someone that can push her foward. For this she needs a good friend and... she don't have one.

Normally any direct approach towards Kodaka will just end in being refused. However for Sena to make such a huge step she must be very confident about this and she only does those things if there is a good mood or opportunity. The one main advantage she has is that Kodaka trusts her so he won't take that offer as a joke.

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-06-26 at 17:53.
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 18:12   Link #904
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Contrary to the way some might want to pitch it, this has all the makings of a "romance death flag", and I would even say things have never looked better for Yozora.
I would give some credit to the author, he has managed to keep any posible ending a mistery, so setting a "death flag" when the anime just finished a first season with good sells makes no sense, I do not think the ending is near. If anything he is gauing the readers response, if he does not get enough fan letters asking for Yozora to go into the offensive, he might as well go with a Sena ending (remember fan reaction do affect the outcome of serialized worksin Japan, Shampoo from Ranma 1/2 was supposed to be a one-shot character). I do believe there ought to be more turns ahead, i.e. Rika being "friendzoned" might be deceptive since she is smart enough to use it in her advantage closer to Kodaka than any other member of the club.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 21:15   Link #905
sky black swordman

WOW Sena there are so many questions about this like when,where, and why.

Yozora needs to get over her problems before it becone too late or it may be too late.

And Kobato your worst fears have been realized Sena may became your sister in law if your brother says yes.
Old 2012-06-26, 23:32   Link #906
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
I would give some credit to the author, he has managed to keep any posible ending a mistery, so setting a "death flag" when the anime just finished a first season with good sells makes no sense, I do not think the ending is near. If anything he is gauing the readers response, if he does not get enough fan letters asking for Yozora to go into the offensive, he might as well go with a Sena ending (remember fan reaction do affect the outcome of serialized worksin Japan, Shampoo from Ranma 1/2 was supposed to be a one-shot character). I do believe there ought to be more turns ahead, i.e. Rika being "friendzoned" might be deceptive since she is smart enough to use it in her advantage closer to Kodaka than any other member of the club.
The thing is, since the ending is nowhere near at this point, Sena's confession is way too early for her to be the end girl. I remember reading a very good post in the Ichigo 100% thread about how one of the girls, A, had come very close to reaching a romantic relationship but the author had to stall her progress in order to drag the series out a bit, thereby improving the other girl's (B) position in the process. When it was time to end the series, there was no way for A to win because it would not make any more sense given the amount of development given to B.

I fear that Sena is in the position of girl A, and depending on Kodaka's response, her chances could be written off completely within the next two novels, leaving her in the position of nothing more than cousin to Kodaka.

Spoiler for Ichigo 100% analysis:
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-26, 23:57   Link #907
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
The thing is, since the ending is nowhere near at this point, Sena's confession is way too early for her to be the end girl. [...] I fear that Sena is in the position of girl A, and depending on Kodaka's response, her chances could be written off completely within the next two novels, leaving her in the position of nothing more than cousin to Kodaka.
Yes, this is exactly what I was thinking as well. If the story is indeed destined to go on for a while yet, what can they do with this confession unless he turns her down or they come up with an excuse to stall? (For the moment he can just ignore it, but it'll be the elephant in the room.) Meanwhile, this event will be a catalyst to snap Yozora into shape, realizing that, if she does indeed love Kodaka or wants any sort of relationship with him beyond what she has now, her time is running out now that Sena made her move and Kodaka now has an admitted friend in Rika. Yozora will certainly feel like she's being left behind, and we know that there are still open, unresolved plot points there.

So yeah... of course we'll see what happens, but I expect a lot more changes to the status quo in the coming volumes.
Old 2012-06-27, 00:19   Link #908
Rozen Van Kaizer
Rozen Von Keiser

This confession looks bad for Sena. It seems to be:
1. Way too early unless this is going to be about Kodaka and Sena for the rest of the novel.
2. More of a plot device or a plot trigger for Yozora to be the main focus of the story.

Oh and just because a character is more famous or even THE most famous in the series doesnt mean the are the end girl. In fact in my experience quite its opposite but I hope I'm wrong.

Yozora fans should be celebrating on this confession Q_Q
Rozen Van Kaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 02:43   Link #909
potchip

Err maybe Yozora x Kodaka pairing fans..

True pairing is clearly Yozora owning Sena as a pet for the rest of time. You see meat can go out with Kodaka as long as Yozora approves and meat knows who's the boss.

Of course that's not going to happen.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 03:40   Link #910
mironicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Err maybe Yozora x Kodaka pairing fans..

True pairing is clearly Yozora owning Sena as a pet for the rest of time. You see meat can go out with Kodaka as long as Yozora approves and meat knows who's the boss.
He? Well, the seventh volume was not fully translated yet but at the end of this volume Sena was able to win a serious argument against her and so Yozora leaves the room crying herself! Sena's personality just has grown stronger and Yozora is not able to insult her any more in a way where she just gives up easily. This might also a be turning point within the story because Sena is now able to win against her just by using words and Yozora can defend herself only with being cruel and mean to others which just shows her own weak personality.

And what about the cousin thing? If they are cousins, Yozora can't do anything any more to Sena. She even has to treat her nicely, because if she doesn't she will become problems with Kodaka.

Kodaka made a step forward in getting a friend now, and the next step is to get a girlfriend. Even if Kodaka goes out with Sena, the story is probably not about to end so soon, we might even see very Yozora-centric chapters because her friends won't leave her alone so she can become happy herself. I suppose the story will end only if all of the characters are "fulfilled". I really don't think that this kind of story will turn into a cheap soap-opera, where the main protagonist is switching between several girls.

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-06-27 at 04:24.
Old 2012-06-27, 05:17   Link #911
Johnny
Working the bags...

Can't decide if some Sena shippers are overly optimistic, or slightly delusional...?

Not sure what you read, but the end of volume 7 is...
Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 05:38   Link #912
mironicus

If you just reduce the characters to one character trait, then you may be right that Sena seems to be kind of masochistic. But most of this conflicts are just fooling around and playing. But if things really gets serious it's Yozora who runs away crying from reality.

And Yozora herself says that the things that happened in the past are more important for her then the present. Everything she knows about Kodaka is just in the past, she doesn't even know his present self very well and she does not seem to be interested in it. So what are Kodakas hobbys, what are his interests? She never asked him, she does not care. Even on the date in Vol. 7 they only talk about things that happened in the past. Sometimes she opens up a bit but mostly she talks about her own personal problems.

The only things that Kodaka learns about Yozora in her present self is how she treats others within a group. Kodaka himself is a kind person who tends to help others in need. He cares for her in a way that he somehow wants to help her to get over her friendship memories and to live in the present. This is also what Sena criticizes on her and she is the only one that says things out and straight, while Kodaka can't talk so freely. So the others really care for her, but if she always denies it and she runs away, it can't be helped.

While the others start to step forward, she will be all alone at the end. The club is able to form friendships and couples but the original intention for Yozora forming the club just failed.

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-06-27 at 06:15.
Old 2012-06-27, 06:17   Link #913
sky black swordman

^ Agreed but will she accept his help is the question.
Old 2012-06-27, 08:54   Link #914
mironicus

What do you think about this?

Yusa Aoi (rival of Sena, a student council member) was under the impression that Sena and Kodaka are already a couple.

So if she comes to visit the neighbour club she might repeat the same things she said to Kodaka. She openly admire Sena for having such a "handsome" boyfriend.

And while all the other members are shocked after hearing this, Sena reacts fast and says that she really loves him and wants to marry him.

Ah, it's so awkward that we have to wait some months before everything is translated.
Old 2012-06-27, 09:00   Link #915
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Um, a question to see if I'm getting this...

I think it was around the end of... Vol 4/5? That Kodaka's father called him and asked him if he's getting married to Sena or if they're even dating.
And then in the Vol 7(?), we find out that their fathers already set up the arranged marriage a long time ago.
And THEN, turns out, they're cousins.

Am I reading this right? O.o
Old 2012-06-27, 09:04   Link #916
Sumeragi
Banned

Yes, you are reading it correctly. Any problem with that?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 09:08   Link #917
mironicus

@roan-kun

Well... yes!
Old 2012-06-27, 09:12   Link #918
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

It is quite clear that Sena's proposal is a trigger for ALL the girls in the club to get close to Kodaka ASAP. I would not even discard Yukimura, she is either the daughter of a Yakuza boss or her family is even richer than Sena's, so if she wants Kodaka her family can exert too some pressure on Kodaka. Also I insist Rika is ATM in the best position since she can be his moral support, so if Yozora is mean to him, if Sena tries to rape him, if Yukimura gives him an ultimatum, etc. she will be there for Kodaka.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 09:19   Link #919
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
Um, a question to see if I'm getting this...

I think it was around the end of... Vol 4/5? That Kodaka's father called him and asked him if he's getting married to Sena or if they're even dating.
And then in the Vol 7(?), we find out that their fathers already set up the arranged marriage a long time ago.
And THEN, turns out, they're cousins.

Am I reading this right? O.o
From the way he talks, Hayato seems an easy-going person and didn't mind if Kodaka marry Sena, his own cousin. And it's not like it's illegal there on Japan. You should know it when you're playing OreImo Portable XD

Though I'm Sena fan, but I too think this is won't end well for her.
Oh well, worst thing happened, I still quite satisfy with I got from the PSP game and Plus manga
Old 2012-06-27, 09:30   Link #920
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
He? Well, the seventh volume was not fully translated yet but at the end of this volume Sena was able to win a serious argument against her and so Yozora leaves the room crying herself! Sena's personality just has grown stronger and Yozora is not able to insult her any more in a way where she just gives up easily. This might also a be turning point within the story because Sena is now able to win against her just by using words and Yozora can defend herself only with being cruel and mean to others which just shows her own weak personality.

And what about the cousin thing? If they are cousins, Yozora can't do anything any more to Sena. She even has to treat her nicely, because if she doesn't she will become problems with Kodaka.

Kodaka made a step forward in getting a friend now, and the next step is to get a girlfriend. Even if Kodaka goes out with Sena, the story is probably not about to end so soon, we might even see very Yozora-centric chapters because her friends won't leave her alone so she can become happy herself. I suppose the story will end only if all of the characters are "fulfilled". I really don't think that this kind of story will turn into a cheap soap-opera, where the main protagonist is switching between several girls.
While the points that you make are certainly plausible, let's not forget that this is a light novel, and there is a good chance that the author will want to milk the series for as long as he can. If Kodaka accepts Sena's confession and the two of them become lovers, then there's nothing left for the author to work with when it comes to Sena. All her cards would have been played and her part in the story would have effectively extinguished as there would be no more room for her development without compromising on the structure of the story. The only possible exit for the author would then be for them to break up, and depending on the length of the series, it would be unlikely for them to get together again. This appears to be the route that Kuroneko and Kyousuke are going, and that flag is not doing too well either.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen