Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-02-20, 11:43   Link #1
Random Otaku
Anime-Ken

Send a message via ICQ to Random Otaku
VHS Fansubbing...help? ^^`

I'm going to do a lecture about Fansub in an upcoming con that will take place here in Israel, and I was thinking of maybe showing an example of a VHS Fansub to the attendees, as a way of "spicing up" the lecture and of actually doing something unique, since we didn't have VHS Fansubbing in Israel.
The thing is, I have no clue where I could get my hands on even a random copy of a VHS Fansubbed, unlicensed, release. And so I ask for the help of the older members of this forum in getting my hands on such a release... I really don't care what series or what episode, as long as I can use it to show off what VHS Fansubbing used to look like.

Thanks in advance for ANY help.

Oh, and the con. is about ~3 weeks away, if it matters at all. :X
Random Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 00:51   Link #2
Random Otaku
Anime-Ken

Two weeks to go...
Anyone? :<
Old 2006-03-02, 01:08   Link #3
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I got a couple of old vhs fansubs of gundam x lying around. You are welcome to have them but i am not sure how to get them to you. you are more then welcome to swing by to my office in Dublin, CA to pick them up if you are in the neightborhood.
Old 2006-03-02, 01:10   Link #4
jedinat

Search "Brother, Dear Brother" (AKA Oniisama e) on isohunt.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 01:18   Link #5
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Otaku
The thing is, I have no clue where I could get my hands on even a random copy of a VHS Fansubbed, unlicensed, release.
I hate to say this (because it's de facto for me), but have your tried Google? I'd cough up one of my old VHS fansubs, but they're kind of collector's items at this point. Plus, 10 of them are holding up my coffee table.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 01:40   Link #6
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
I hate to say this (because it's de facto for me), but have your tried Google? I'd cough up one of my old VHS fansubs, but they're kind of collector's items at this point. Plus, 10 of them are holding up my coffee table.
Collectors item Are you sure i got a whole box of this stuff talking up room in my closet.
Old 2006-03-02, 01:44   Link #7
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
I got a couple of old vhs fansubs of gundam x lying around. You are welcome to have them but i am not sure how to get them to you. you are more then welcome to swing by to my office in Dublin, CA to pick them up if you are in the neightborhood.
You could always try old fashioned mail. Or UPS. Try co-ordinating mail addresses and possibly compensating for postage through PM, since I don't think anyone should post their mail address on the forum.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 03:32   Link #8
bayoab

Grab any of the really old CA releases off asuki or one of the oppai releases. Oppai are vhs rips and CA used a genlock until recently.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-02, 06:07   Link #9
Random Otaku
Anime-Ken

bayoab - What I need is an actual VHS fansub release, the piece of plastic and all that.

Xellos-_^ - Any chance you'll be willing to send them by UPS (I do live in Israel after all), and I'll refund all the shipping costs? If sent by UPS in the next few days it'll make it just in time. ^^