AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-02-08, 10:33   Link #1
naruto_jh

[Manga] 9 akatsuki and 9 rookies

Wold each rookie be defeating each member of akatsuki.....
so far 3 rookie has defeated 3 Aktski members?
naruto_jh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 11:18   Link #2
cuttups
Cruiserweight Champion

and hopefully, Sasuke will beat his brother sooner or later to make it 4.
cuttups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 11:29   Link #3
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto_jh View Post
Wold each rookie be defeating each member of akatsuki.....
so far 3 rookie has defeated 3 Aktski members?
Right, Lee will retire because training to become a good ninja is just too damn tiring while Ino will kill singlehandedly the AL.

Also, so far we have already 10 Akatsuki members.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 12:51   Link #4
Ryukage
Dragon of the Shadows

Send a message via AIM to Ryukage
Ino can't do shit.

TenTen isn't really that useful.. Or atleast we haven't seen her be of much use.

Besides we have to many conflicts between Ninjas. Like Gai vs Kisame. I reckon Kakashi will face an Akatsuki member to.
Ryukage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 12:59   Link #5
ajay29

Surely if it was one rookie to one akatsuki, would Naruto be wasted on Kakuzu?
I would have thought naruto would be facing the AL....
Still;
Shino - Zetsu
Sasuke - Itachi

err....
Thats all i can think of...
ajay29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 16:45   Link #6
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

You have to add in Team Gai to any discussion with the Rookie 9. That's 12. What about the Sand Sibs? That's 15. What about Kakashi, Gai, Jiraiya, and Tsunade?

So I don't think Kishimoto was thinking 9 Akatsuki for the Rookie 9. It's just a coincidence with Sakura, Shika, and Naruto.

Besides, Sasori, Kakuzu, and Hidan were defeated by two main characters and the most important non Team 7 former genin. It's not like we are going to see less important charaters like Kiba, Ino, or Hinata solo an Akatsuki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay29 View Post
Shino - Zetsu
I can't see Kishi letting Shino fight someone that powerful. He's not either strong nor important enough.

Team 8 with Kurenai maybe, but no way Shino on his own.
Old 2007-02-08, 17:06   Link #7
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Even though three achieving that result might suggest something like that, I doubt it will really be the case. Itachi's fate is in the hands of Sasuke and Naruto, and for Akatsuki leader, I would think it would require only the main characters, not a typical genin such as the ones not named Sasuke, Naruto, and Sakura.

But, there are still possibilities. The newly established rivalry between Gai and Kisame can involve Lee. The disgusting character Zetsu can act as a drawing factor for our favorite insect user, Shino, and the dog-trainer, Kiba. Tobi's idiocy might be helpful in employing Ino's powers. If power is the sole important factor for Deidara, then Chouji has the power to successfully oppose that. I wouldn't mind seeing Hyuuga cousins fighting together against a powerful opponent, this way, we might observe the limits of their clan's strength. Tenten is so boring that even Kishi will have a very difficult time to find an opportunity to use her extensively.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 19:16   Link #8
ajay29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
You have to add in Team Gai to any discussion with the Rookie 9. That's 12. What about the Sand Sibs? That's 15. What about Kakashi, Gai, Jiraiya, and Tsunade?

So I don't think Kishimoto was thinking 9 Akatsuki for the Rookie 9. It's just a coincidence with Sakura, Shika, and Naruto.

Besides, Sasori, Kakuzu, and Hidan were defeated by two main characters and the most important non Team 7 former genin. It's not like we are going to see less important charaters like Kiba, Ino, or Hinata solo an Akatsuki.

I can't see Kishi letting Shino fight someone that powerful. He's not either strong nor important enough.

Team 8 with Kurenai maybe, but no way Shino on his own.
I hate to sound like a fanboy, but to be fair Sakura was pants before the Sasori arc, we never would have seen her take down an Akatsuki (albeit with help....well, she was the help to be honest).
Also, we have not seen the improvements from Shino, Kiba, Hinata, Ino, Lee, etc, but i do agree that they will not solo an Akatsuki, because NO-ONE has solo'd an Akatsuki yet;
Naruto came in AFTER Kakuzu had been beaten around a bit by Kakashi (and Hidan...)
Hidan didnt get solo'd - Shika needed the others to distract Kakuzu to begin with AND also knew all Hidan's tricks (so far...)
Sasori - it took Sakura and Grandma whatshername who knew the nature of Sasori's attacks AND Sakura had an antidote prepared!

Deidara - dont even get me started, Team 7 and team Gai couldnt even finish him off...

Anywho, im not being arsey but simply because we cannot base the relative strengths of the former genin on anything BUT their strength pre- timeskip means that they could have improved exponentially; hell, Shikamaru did...

So, yeah, Shino for the win against Zetsu (with help....)

Last edited by ajay29; 2007-02-08 at 19:17. Reason: can't spell...
ajay29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 02:58   Link #9
GrAYFoX

Based on how the story has been setting up grudge matches to date my guess is:

Deidora - The Sand Trio
Itachi - Sasuke
Kisame - Gai and his team
Zetsu - Kurenai's team (something about bugs/venus fly trap and eye doujutsu's seems to fit here)
Hidan/Kakuzu - Probably resolved already
Tobi - Kakashi (if the prediction about Tobi is true)
Flower-Nin - Sakura (wild guess)
AL - A reunited team 7 with Sasuke (wild guess)

*Orochimaru - Naruto

This way the three main characters can show they have surpassed the legendary sannin and still come together against a more powerful enemy. Where naruto gets the final kill naturally
GrAYFoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 10:32   Link #10
Chains of Heaven
Sasori's Puppet

Deidara--->gaara..he needs a revenge.besides it'll be equal-or gaara will be at a disadvantage without shukaku.

Kisame--->he's far too dangerous for anyone with chakra with his samehada.So it'll be lee/gai+lee..a brutally melee fight action..plus kisame can use ninjutsu while lee cant.

Itachi--->Its already decided..worldwide fans will surely kill kishi if naruto kills itachi.It'll be genjutsu/counter genjutsu sharingan battle and sasuke will overpower him or ironically they'll both die and end the uchiha clan.

Hidan--->Buried alive by shiki so we can throw shiki out of our rookie list..

Kakuzu--->If he died back there from naruto..well we cant throw naruto out of list because hes the main..we must silently accept it even if naruto takes entire akatsuki with one ridicolus wind rasengan..

Sasori--->Sakura is not a side character.So one more akatsuki in her list is acceptable..

Zetsu--->All we know is he can become invisible/cannibal/teleportation.I believe Neji+hinata with their bloodline byakugan can cancel his invinsibility..so we can see some byakugan action rather than "oo neji wheres my godamn socks use byakugan to find it!" lately byakugan looks weak..always finding things around..

Tobi--->Kakashi easily...old rivals/friends?
Akatsuki Leader--->If he's yondaime itll be naruto....If he's white fang it'll be naruto/kakashi (because main character always makes the last move)
???/Flower nin?--->Sakura+ino maybe?
Chains of Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 14:14   Link #11
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daking View Post

Zetsu--->All we know is he can become invisible/cannibal/teleportation.I believe Neji+hinata with their bloodline byakugan can cancel his invinsibility..so we can see some byakugan action rather than "oo neji wheres my godamn socks use byakugan to find it!" lately byakugan looks weak..always finding things around..

Hey, finding that missing sock is a very very useful ability. Try going to work wear 2 different socks one of these days. I put finding the missing sock as a Rank A ability.
Old 2007-02-09, 16:35   Link #12
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daking View Post
Deidara--->gaara..he needs a revenge.besides it'll be equal-or gaara will be at a disadvantage without shukaku.

Kisame--->he's far too dangerous for anyone with chakra with his samehada.So it'll be lee/gai+lee..a brutally melee fight action..plus kisame can use ninjutsu while lee cant.

Itachi--->Its already decided..worldwide fans will surely kill kishi if naruto kills itachi.It'll be genjutsu/counter genjutsu sharingan battle and sasuke will overpower him or ironically they'll both die and end the uchiha clan.

Hidan--->Buried alive by shiki so we can throw shiki out of our rookie list..

Kakuzu--->If he died back there from naruto..well we cant throw naruto out of list because hes the main..we must silently accept it even if naruto takes entire akatsuki with one ridicolus wind rasengan..

Sasori--->Sakura is not a side character.So one more akatsuki in her list is acceptable..

Tobi--->Kakashi easily...old rivals/friends?
Akatsuki Leader--->If he's yondaime itll be naruto....If he's white fang it'll be naruto/kakashi (because main character always makes the last move)
???/Flower nin?--->Sakura+ino maybe?
Tobi aint who you guys think he is....same goes for the Akatsuki Leader....just forget about it. Akatsuki aint a Konoha Gang with some other members.

For the rest i sort of agree...though Gaara (right now) doesnt seem the type for a thing such as "revenge".

Deidara --> Gaara/Shino/Naruto/Kakashi (shields/special guards) Pretty much the only characters who can handle bombs.

Zetsu --> will definetly face a pair since Zetsu is a 2-in-1 guy...Shino talks too annoying to face a freak like Zetsu...same goes for Neji.
Spoiler for character talks if they face Zetsu:

Itachi --> Hyuuga Neji/Naruto.. though it would be cool if Hinata bravely fought Itachi got killed and then these 2 (Neji/Naruto) go beserk and completly smash him. Leaving Sasuke in the dark reacting his hatred towards these 2.

Akatsuki Leader --> Naruto/any of the Sannin ( no jokes...no handicaps...a real battle )

Miss Flower --> Ino-Sakura pair/Kurenai (just....flowers...battle for women)

Well the 9 rookies probably in teams can handle these Akatsuki Members (a shame...they seemed so strong) but a new Ninja War is something alot more entertaining.
Old 2007-02-09, 17:32   Link #13
uchiha_shinobi

Send a message via MSN to uchiha_shinobi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Tobi aint who you guys think he is....same goes for the Akatsuki Leader....just forget about it. Akatsuki aint a Konoha Gang with some other members.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Itachi --> Hyuuga Neji/Naruto.. though it would be cool if Hinata bravely fought Itachi got killed and then these 2 (Neji/Naruto) go beserk and completly smash him. Leaving Sasuke in the dark reacting his hatred towards these 2.
that would be stupid, only Sasuke should kill Itachi, Neji is in no way connected to Itachi, he doesn´t even know him.

i think each of the Akatsuki members should be killed by someone whose in a way connected to them like Shikamaru killed Hidan to revenge his sensei.

that would make most sense.
uchiha_shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 20:08   Link #14
Ryuujin

I want to see Hinata and Kurenai play a major role in killing an Akatsuki. I don't even care which (maybe the woman?). Those two are in dire need of both screentime and canon victories...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 20:33   Link #15
Ashura3

I'd love it if Naruto killed Itachi, snatching all of Sasuke's hard work from under him. But that's never gonna happen.
Ashura3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 22:56   Link #16
Supaiku_of_Sand
Ξ 3rd Squad Captain

I Think hinata should kill the flower nin, i think we'll meet her next.
Supaiku_of_Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 23:51   Link #17
mayuuchiha
Mayu Uchiha

Send a message via MSN to mayuuchiha
Smile

Naruto&Sasuke-Itachi
Sakura-Sasori
Naruto&Gaara-Deidora
Shino-Zetsu
Lee-Kisame

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha_shinobi View Post
I agree.

that would be stupid, only Sasuke should kill Itachi, Neji is in no way connected to Itachi, he doesn´t even know him.

i think each of the Akatsuki members should be killed by someone whose in a way connected to them like Shikamaru killed Hidan to revenge his sensei.

you are right Sasuke can kill Itachi but Naruto can too because Itachi try to take him to Akatsuki didn't he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrAYFoX View Post
Based on how the story has been setting up grudge matches to date my guess is:

Deidora - The Sand Trio
Itachi - Sasuke
Kisame - Gai and his team
Zetsu - Kurenai's team (something about bugs/venus fly trap and eye doujutsu's seems to fit here)
Hidan/Kakuzu - Probably resolved already
Tobi - Kakashi (if the prediction about Tobi is true)
Flower-Nin - Sakura (wild guess)
AL - A reunited team 7 with Sasuke (wild guess)

*Orochimaru - Naruto

This way the three main characters can show they have surpassed the legendary sannin and still come together against a more powerful enemy. Where naruto gets the final kill naturally
haha Orochimaru probably Naruto.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-02-10 at 07:37. Reason: Don't triple post
mayuuchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 00:32   Link #18
Zek
Eyebrows...

I agree that the leader is unrelated to Konoha. But I think Tobi being Obito is almost a given. That's still only 3 Konoha nins having ever been in the group, I don't think that's unreasonable given how powerful the village is.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 03:38   Link #19
Chains of Heaven
Sasori's Puppet

only sasuke can kill itachi to counter his genjutsu.neji is far weak with byakugan and i dont believe byakugan can effect sharingan..even kakashi the half-uchiha cant counter it.So there's two options to kill itachi:
1)sasuke
2)sasuke+madara (if he still lives out there ^^)

cancelling genjutsu requires
-2 person to touch when effectted
-emptying your chakra..which signs your death against itachi
-simply sharingan

naruto has Akatsuki Leader to take care of but not itachi.
Itachi vs Naruto? = A black fire burning orange clothed kid running around
Chains of Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 07:03   Link #20
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha_shinobi View Post

No the fact that something unexpected happens like this makes it alot more interesting....just like Naruto suddenly becoming like Jiraiya (not wanting the Hokage title)

Neji -> Hyuuga's (prodigy)
Itachi -> Uchiha's (prodigy)

These two super genius shinobi should definetly fight eachother. The clash between those 2 clans is bound to happen. Sasuke has too much luck with women and refused it (to revive his clan the old fashion way)

Not everything can go his way...especially if Itachi was suddenly killed unexpected by someone new (who becomes Sasuke's prey etc. etc)