AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2016-02-05, 22:25   Link #8281
Romanticide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
One, it's on hiatus, not canceled, and two, sales-wise it was doing just as well as ViVid was, so popularity wasn't its issue.
Doesn't indefinite hiatus mean it's canned? There hasn't been a new chapter in almost 3 years, either. And neither the author or artist were said to have any illnesses, so that's not the reason.
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 22:55   Link #8282
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

There have been plenty other mangas that went into indefinite hiatus only to come back. Unless they outright say it's canceled, it ain't canceled, far as I can see.
Old 2016-02-05, 22:58   Link #8283
NiwaDaisuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
Doesn't indefinite hiatus mean it's canned? There hasn't been a new chapter in almost 3 years, either. And neither the author or artist were said to have any illnesses, so that's not the reason.
Yeah, pretty much.
The third movie is also approaching the same status.
NiwaDaisuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 23:08   Link #8284
Romanticide

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiwaDaisuke View Post
Yeah, pretty much.
The third movie is also approaching the same status.
Did the movie even have a release date though? Movies take a lot longer to make. Kizumonogatari took over 3 years to make and it just got released.
Old 2016-02-05, 23:31   Link #8285
NiwaDaisuke

Quote:
Did the movie even have a release date though? Movies take a lot longer to make. Kizumonogatari took over 3 years to make and it just got released.
It's been more than 3 and a half years for this movie was announced, and we haven't gotten any information or promotional images after it was announced. IIRC the previous movies took Seven Arcs about two years or less to be finished, while having a constant presence in magazines with new information and images.
NiwaDaisuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-05, 23:42   Link #8286
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's easier to adapt a pre-existing story and spruce it up than it is to create an entirely new one, which is exactly what it's supposed to be. Keep in mind also that Seven Arcs is also not nearly as big a studio as others out there, so it'd probably be harder to develop moreso than normal.
Old 2016-02-06, 02:51   Link #8287
vic-vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Subaru would be a more damaging choice for such an event, actually, especially since her IS lends itself well to physical destruction and death. She might know the Starlight Breaker, but Teana's skillset is otherwise not that tailored to frontal combat.
I just think that it would be a greater display of the Eclipse destructive capability if it can turn fire-support mage Teana in engine of destruction. It can make even Nanoha and Signum outright scared to think what can happen if it would be a mass outbreak of Eclipse infection on the multiple planets and cities.

P.S. Since Raptors that should be a Elcipse resistant (how much of this true need to be seen however) essentially a cyborgs I thought that Subaru and her sisters if not outright immune still should have a much greater resistance to the infestion.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-06, 03:02   Link #8288
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The Raptors aren't cyborgs, but androids. They're entirely machine-based, unlike Subaru and her sisters. They're resistant to the Eclipse because there's no biology to infect.
Old 2016-02-06, 03:36   Link #8289
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Frankly speaking it was put on hiatus cause Tsuzuki wanted to focus more on his other projects instead of handling back-draft from fans. Yes sales-wise it was not much lesser than vivid but further progression could result in drastic drop.

I still think Suzuki can resume Force after finishing ViVid. But I don't get 7arcs policy now. They put quite a lot of effort in promoting Innocence but it looks like they don't want to make any more Nanoha anime.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-06, 08:25   Link #8290
Romanticide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Frankly speaking it was put on hiatus cause Tsuzuki wanted to focus more on his other projects instead of handling back-draft from fans. Yes sales-wise it was not much lesser than vivid but further progression could result in drastic drop.

I still think Suzuki can resume Force after finishing ViVid. But I don't get 7arcs policy now. They put quite a lot of effort in promoting Innocence but it looks like they don't want to make any more Nanoha anime.
Oh, when was this said? I didn't know he had any actual authorship with the manga's.
Old 2016-02-06, 08:28   Link #8291
Gx Hero
Rambler

same as with the rd nanoha movie, no longer important but still there.

Thoma cries as he is discarded as unimportant.

http://nanohamanga.webs.com/

Links to other Nanoha stories on animesuki

http://www.mediafire.com/view/yp9qlj...e%20links.docx
Gx Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-06, 08:38   Link #8292
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Erm. He is still credited as author for all the mangas. Of cause I don't know the actual situation but I think he is still the author of the plot, not the artists working on them. Proof me wrong with the facts if it's not so.

Translation of the announcement of hiatus for example:
Quote:
To all of those looking forward to this series' serialization, we apologize for the inconvenience. In order to deliver the "Force" title, and the characters born from it, at their best, a conference between the editorial department, as well as Tsuzuki-sensei and Higa-sensei, has come to the decision to put the series on this long-term hiatus.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-30, 00:37   Link #8293
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Okay
time to revisit this thread again
iif they decide to reboot force instead continue this one
in what form you guys want they reboot? in light novel or manga form?
personally i prefer in LN because from LN Tsuzuki has more wider approachment to describe the story rather in manga form.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-30, 00:48   Link #8294
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'd prefer manga, 'cause we already have enough difficulties with translating LNs, and frankly speaking translated LNs read kinda awkward.
Old 2016-06-30, 02:01   Link #8295
Kurohane

I'd also prefer to keep it as a manga, though I think Tsuzuki should collaborate with another artist, because the transitions were a bit choppy.
Old 2016-06-30, 17:40   Link #8296
Gx Hero
Rambler

Manga. Light novel would be awkward for the nanoha series. Also it would depend how well the reboot was. However I am not opposed to Light novel.

Old 2016-07-01, 05:28   Link #8297
vic-vic

I also prefer manga format. Though anime would be even better XD
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-01, 06:46   Link #8298
Gx Hero
Rambler

Yeah since all but force and vivid were originally anime. well seven arcs would have to do it less it end up like the vivid anime

Old 2016-07-01, 07:32   Link #8299
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

From what i see the problem in manga force there are limited space for Force story itself , using image panel with bubble are foolhardy difficult for Force which lead there are incoherent message from the story Tsuzuki built for us, therefore it lead for story became dull and fans left. Force being the transition story from magical girl into shounen boy lead.

in LN format we maybe can get the actual depiction story of the force from the text directly wrote by Tsuzuki also better world exposition in the force setting than the manga could tell, for example the characters dialogue and their mindset also a fair battle depiction, in case justified Signum vs Cypha battle. the manga totally disappointment with how Signum could defeated easily.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-01, 09:06   Link #8300
Gx Hero
Rambler

regardless I think we would all like to see force returned and improved whether light novel or manga

Tags
manga, nanoha force