AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-15, 14:30   Link #261
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Episode 03 has a nice atmosphere. Subaru knows his game and his plan is working. So it's really not just some moe blob show. It really has story with it and when it's time for basketball it really did well. Though... what's with the small forward <.< Well it's all in the plan for them to win. But it's clearly that the girls are still lacking in stamina. Well they are beginners.

4 year difference? I think first year high school is around 16 or 17 from the other stories I read but not sure on the age of a 6th grader. But maybe it's around 11-12. So the age gap isn't that big. But I just can't take it seriously if they portray it now...... he just looks like a big lolicon to me though I still like it. Airi is really tall. She is almost the same height as Subaru or maybe taller because he is tip toeing to make Airi smaller.

I wonder the reaction of Aoi if she knew why Subaru was sleeping in the class or why is he tired.
I was just saying that they're laying groundwork for trouble. They set up Subaru to have no real interest in any of the girls until Tomoka caught his eye with her skills and form. His interest at least at the beginning was purely one of admiration of her form and passion and a real connection, only later developing some possible physical side after Tomoka had been blushing every time he was close to her for a few days. First year high school in Japan is 10th grade, and for them that means the 16th birthday is somewhere within the April-March school year. The girls seem to all be 6th grade, which places their 12th birthday somewhere in the year. A 4-year difference is big at the moment, but it will quickly diminish. Of course looks can have some big impact. Subaru could go out on dates with Airi and many people wouldn't see anything wrong, but with Hinata he'd spend the entire day with the police. Hinata has more in the chest than some of the other girls, but she could otherwise pass for a 1st grader.

I wonder what would've happened if Maho realized what had happened when he grabbed Hinata. Nothing would stop her from calling him Onii-chan once she realized its power.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 18:15   Link #262
ion475
にこにこにー

The lolicon is finally awakening...XD

As far as age - Subaru is 15 (His birthday is Oct. 11), while the girls are all 6th grade, which means they're 11 (except Airi, who's 12 since her birthday is Apr. 5, Hinata being youngest with her birthday at Mar. 3). Although, yes, if a police see Subaru carrying Hinata around or having Tomoka hugging him from back, pretty sure he'll get arrested

As far as Subaru's friend...you'll know soon enough...
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 19:13   Link #263
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666
Episode 03 has a nice atmosphere. Subaru knows his game and his plan is working. So it's really not just some moe blob show. It really has story with it and when it's time for basketball it really did well. Though... what's with the small forward <.< Well it's all in the plan for them to win. But it's clearly that the girls are still lacking in stamina. Well they are beginners.

4 year difference? I think first year high school is around 16 or 17 from the other stories I read but not sure on the age of a 6th grader. But maybe it's around 11-12. So the age gap isn't that big. But I just can't take it seriously if they portray it now...... he just looks like a big lolicon to me though I still like it. Airi is really tall. She is almost the same height as Subaru or maybe taller because he is tip toeing to make Airi smaller.

I wonder the reaction of Aoi if she knew why Subaru was sleeping in the class or why is he tired.
Who's the small forward? Tomoka? Saki? Please enlighten me.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 19:15   Link #264
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Even more curious about the power forward? since non of the girls has the build for that position.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 19:25   Link #265
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Even more curious about the power forward? since non of the girls has the build for that position.
By the way, man, have you ever heard of the undersized power forward? This type of power forward is (obviously) shorter but quicker than normal PF's, but it can often create mismatches a team can exploit. Undersized PFs use their speed against bigger players to get close into the rim, while they use their size and athleticism against smaller players, either by posting up or jump shooting over them.

Charles Barkley is an example of one. At 6'6" (198 cm), 252 lbs. (114 kg), he can even outplay larger power forwards during his days in the NBA, such as Julius Erving.

Since Maho is the most energetic of the batch, she fits either the shooting guard or power forward position. If she fits the latter, she could be a potential undersized PF.

I will update the actual line-up used in the match after watching ep 03, as I haven't done so yet. But I would appreciate it if somebody updates the line-up before I do. A possible line-up would be as follows:

Spoiler for Line-up:
Old 2011-07-15, 19:42   Link #266
Malkuth
Banned

@judasmartel: still undersized or not they don't have the muscle for the position, then again it's an anime, and they they are girls in elementary school, so real world professional basketball tactics do not really apply

And by the way, wasn't Barkley playing as a small forward? It's been ages, so I don't really remember.
Old 2011-07-15, 20:04   Link #267
judasmartel
*Author

^
Indeed. So do we expect a three-guard or even four-guard line-up then?

@Charles Barkley topic: He does play the SF, but he is listed as a PF nonetheless.

@back to ep 3 topic: Hinata won't let go of Subaru, Subaru gets caught nappin'. Oops.

Well, misunderstanding cleared. Whew.

@LINEUP FOR THE MATCH:

Spoiler for :

This reminds me of Magic Johnson playing Center in the 1980 NBA Finals.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2011-07-15 at 20:38.
Old 2011-07-15, 20:25   Link #268
Kudryavka

Series licensed already? T-T I need my subs until they actually release something, which could take who knows how long...

I'm not the first to say it, but this series is much better than it looked before. I was just watching it for the adorable character designs, but a good story too? Definitely a keeper.

And about possible SubaruxTomoka, methinks it may just be simple one-sided juvenile romance. Tomoka may just be confusing admiration for love, something I've seen irl and in stories involving kids quite a lot. She could have an actual crush on him, but not something that he'll seriously return.

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2011-07-15 at 20:36.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 20:35   Link #269
judasmartel
*Author

Ep 3 showed us that the main weakness of the double team is that there will always be an open teammate to pass to for a shot.
Old 2011-07-15, 21:44   Link #270
Seiryuu

One correction to the lineup:
Spoiler for position deception:

Aside from the one pair of positions whose names were switched for psychological reasons, the rest of the positions are set based on relative size, physique, etc. Aside from Tomoka, the girls are all novices who haven't had the time to develop the strengths and skills necessary to properly fill their positions, so Subaru had to judge where to put the girls so they could make the most with what they have while not being hurt too much by their weaknesses. Of course, one of them is currently just about worthless in any position, so her job is basically to stay out of the way and possibly later to somehow distract certain parties.

As for romance, as I said the foundation's been laid for a pure love that can develop. Subaru came in thinking "this girl's passionate about the game, she's got great form and speed, she's absolutely awesome." This gives him a good position for a slow relationship that will work its way from teacher-student to romance after the gap's a little less gaping. Much better than the position some others (like maybe the rumored captain) would get coming in thinking "loli butt looks good in spats". I don't think you'll see any kisses or serious dates, or anything beyond a couple blushes, while Tomoka's in grade school. But it wouldn't surprise me if someday she would prove someone who Aoi would find seriously threatening.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 22:36   Link #271
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep3:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 22:45   Link #272
Midonin
Last Engage

There is literally a one year age difference between the girls of Ro-Kyu-Bu! and the primary cast of Yuruyuri. Art styles aside, how come the latter cast is treated like a normal cast, while RKB is being looked upon strangely for having young characters make up its primary characters? This same problem cropped up in Mitsudomoe where people seem wary of having a cast of prepubescent characters at all, even if any sexual things that happen at all are played for laughs or the result of mistakes.

Is there some societal cutoff age where it's suddenly okay for characters to star in things?
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 22:49   Link #273
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
There is literally a one year age difference between the girls of Ro-Kyu-Bu! and the primary cast of Yuruyuri. Art styles aside, how come the latter cast is treated like a normal cast, while RKB is being looked upon strangely for having young characters make up its primary characters? This same problem cropped up in Mitsudomoe where people seem wary of having a cast of prepubescent characters at all, even if any sexual things that happen at all are played for laughs or the result of mistakes.

Is there some societal cutoff age where it's suddenly okay for characters to star in things?
The character designs for one are to blame, as well as the cast of ro kyu bu actually behaves as elementary schoolkids, unlike yuru yuri.
Old 2011-07-15, 22:54   Link #274
Midonin
Last Engage

I'm aware that they are elementary schoolers, but I'm asking why the one year difference between a middle school cast and a high school cast suddenly changes everyone's perception. For the most part, characters are characters, and shouldn't be defined solely by their age.
Old 2011-07-15, 22:58   Link #275
Malkuth
Banned

It's not the one year difference in this case, rather how they are drawn and how they behave.
Old 2011-07-15, 23:05   Link #276
Midonin
Last Engage

Then in that case, what's so bad about having elementary schoolers that act like elementary schoolers as characters?
Old 2011-07-15, 23:10   Link #277
Malkuth
Banned

In my case I find real kids annoying
Old 2011-07-16, 00:09   Link #278
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post

The kids in RKB and Mitsudomoe are sixth graders, and the girls in Yuru Yuri are seventh graders. Despite the one year difference, the kids in RKB and Mitsudomoe look waaay younger than the YY girls, almost like young elementary school kids. The YY girls look more their age.

Also, the YY cast is in their next stage of life/school, even if only barely. Middle school is when things begin to change, so perhaps their somewhat closeness to adulthood makes them more "palatable".

RKB also had a huge loli feeling to it already because of the plot, and Tinkle...
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 01:16   Link #279
Peanutbutter

Nice to see some actual game plan in this. It's working to an extent, but fitness will always remain a problem.

The lolicon in Subaru is awakening alright. The Medic part got me cracked up as well.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 04:08   Link #280
zeth006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Nice to see some actual game plan in this. It's working to an extent, but fitness will always remain a problem.

The lolicon in Subaru is awakening alright. The Medic part got me cracked up as well.

Ehhhh...the lolicon part is a bit creepy.
zeth006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basketball, ecchi, loli