AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-11-16, 23:25   Link #1
Seta

Send a message via ICQ to Seta Send a message via AIM to Seta
Kaleido Star?

Is anyone watching Kaleido Star? I didn't expect too much talk about it since it was licensed way before it started airing but it really is one of the better animes I've seen in a while. It's light on action but it really catches your attention with the beautiful animation and likeable characters. It's nothing really original aside from the circus theme but it does everything so well especially in the character development department.If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest you check it out and if you have seen it, share some of your opinions and thougts on it.
Seta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-17, 01:41   Link #2
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

I saw one episode of this show just to check it out and found it interesting. GONZO did anothre good job animating this. I have the other episodes just doesn't have time to see them. Not really on my must see list, but I'll see it eventually.
Gaara11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-17, 12:29   Link #3
Go-lytely

I happen to like Kaleido Star a lot. Sora is really cute with all her quirks and mannerisms but I think Fool is the real star of the show. Too bad he doesnt get very much screen time. I think the show would have been better served as a 26 ep series instead of 52 because sometimes I feel the story is too strung out. Oh, I also love the music in it too.
Go-lytely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-17, 16:54   Link #4
Seta

Yeah, the music in this series is great. Does anyone know the name of name of the second opening?
Old 2003-11-18, 03:41   Link #5
Go-lytely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seta
Yeah, the music in this series is great. Does anyone know the name of name of the second opening?
The second op is yakusoku no basyo e by Chihiro Yonekura
Go-lytely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-18, 03:46   Link #6
Seta

Thanks alot. And from what I just read today, I think the series is supposed to be 39 episodes. I may be wrong though.
Old 2004-03-27, 17:47   Link #7
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
Does Kaleido Star end at ep 51 becuz it looks like the ending when I watched it.
Princess_of_Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 18:49   Link #8
brightman
Ancient Member

Yeah, Season 2 ends at 25 so Ep 51 is indeed the end.
Old 2004-04-19, 15:31   Link #9
Za Paper

Although ep 26 wasnt the ending I would have been quite satisfied if they ended the series at that episode. The series had its ups and downs but the mystical act performance at the end made it all worthwhile. Even I got chills watching it.
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 10:30   Link #10
LuciaMelody

Send a message via AIM to LuciaMelody
Its already out?
I just saw a trailer for it in one of the Newtype magazine DVDs. And it looks really pretty. But I thought that it didn't come out yet.

I can't believe its 52 eps!!! Yet another super expensive series. >_<' I wish they would put 10 eps. on one DVD ^^
LuciaMelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 10:52   Link #11
Laurie-chan
Asian Goddess

Send a message via AIM to Laurie-chan
I like this series. I have all the fansubs and I think I will buy this on DVD.
Laurie-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 15:36   Link #12
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Kaleido Star was made possible thanks to the ingenious imagination of Junichi Satou. His artwork genius and directorial style formed a scenario of embellishing imagery, a delightful visual-style, and above the story of a girl who teaches US to continue to put effort, heart, and work into our dreams without giving up regardless how terrible or complicated the adversities will turn out to be.

The second OP theme, "Yakosuko no Basho e", is a beautiful treat to listen again and again. As also the third ED theme, "Escape".

I'm definitely convinced to save money for the DVD's now that they have been released.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-15, 17:34   Link #13
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

<---is (im)patiently awaiting the release of vol. 2...
hehe...i like it, but some people hate it ^_^
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 01:55   Link #14
Rias

I plan on getting the first 2 seasons (1-26 epsiodes), although I've already seen it on fansubs...

I wonder if ADV is gonna release 3rd and 4th...?
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 17:42   Link #15
Elfir

I finally found the first disk today and watched it all. I'm so used to shoujo having low animation budgets that I was really blown away by Kaleido Star. So many cute outfits, too... even if there aren't many yet I'd be caught dead cosplaying. ^_^ I'm definately getting the second disk next week.

My favorite character design so far is Mia, but there's a lot of good ones. I also like how Sora was sensable enough to tie her hair up for the first silly costume. (Yeah, I really go for the costume aspect of shoujo. ;p) Unfortunately the dvd insert seems to have not only spoilers for the first disk, but the description for Yuri has a spoiler not even in the first five episodes! Oh well.

I look forward to sampling the dub soon. With a mostly American cast, the casting better be good!

Kaleido circus reminds me of Circus O'lea (which I know I misspelt). I wonder if the production was at all infuenced by them.
Elfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 23:20   Link #16
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfir
Kaleido circus reminds me of Circus O'lea (which I know I misspelt). I wonder if the production was at all infuenced by them.
it most definately was
Spoiler:

and yeah ADV will very likely release the entire series (they did so with Saiyuki, and Super GALS i think, and they already have a lot of money riding on Kaleido Star what with the toy deal and everything)
plus it'd be kinda pointless to license all 51 episodes and only release 26 0_o (we're not talking about 4kids/FUNimation here after all...)
Old 2004-07-08, 16:23   Link #17
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Do you think episodes 27 & 28 should be released?

Just wondering if ADV is going to release also episodes 27 and 28 along with the next DVD release once they finish dubbing the first season.

I've heard that those two episodes are nothing more than review episodes, summarizing most of the events happened during the first 26 episodes; like a video collage of parts of many episodes jointed together but no new footage displayed.

Therefore, IMO, I think ADV should just drop them out. I mean what's the point of licensing two episodes that do not provide new video footage whatsoever and just retell what occured within the first half of the series.

Another note:
Kaleido Star third ED theme song, Escape, sounds to me like an image theme song extracted from Revolutionary Girl Utena.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-08, 17:18   Link #18
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Just wondering if ADV is going to release also episodes 27 and 28 along with the next DVD release once they finish dubbing the first season.

I've heard that those two episodes are nothing more than review episodes, summarizing most of the events happened during the first 26 episodes; like a video collage of parts of many episodes jointed together but no new footage displayed.

Therefore, IMO, I think ADV should just drop them out. I mean what's the point of licensing two episodes that do not provide new video footage whatsoever and just retell what occured within the first half of the series.

Another note:
Kaleido Star third ED theme song, Escape, sounds to me like an image theme song extracted from Revolutionary Girl Utena.
well, if they plan to release the entire series, 27&28 are bound to be released (probably packaged with 29 and 30 i guess
Old 2004-07-08, 18:27   Link #19
7thMethuselah

I've seen this title pop up several times allready. What exactly is it about? And is it worth checking out, just a question ...
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-08, 18:58   Link #20
babbito2k
annoying white bat

It's sort of a combo sports drama/shoujo romance like Yawara! or Princess Nine. It's about a girl who "runs away to join the circus" and winds up with a bad-girl rival on her hands. A lot of people like it, so there really isn't any reason not to check it out.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote