AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-27, 16:37   Link #221
Kallen4life

Quote:
I could totally see Buggy and his new+old crew continuing to bumble their way across the Grand Line against all odds.
I second that

and then while Mugiwara and BB'c crew are fighting to the death at Raftel - Buggy steals OP and becomes Pirate King L@L xD
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2010-04-27, 16:39   Link #222
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyway, I wonder what Buggy's up to? I know he said that he'd stick with Shanks until he left Marineford, but I wonder what he'll do then? In past threads I've already said I predicted his old crew coming back to him, though I wasn't sure whether or not his Impel Down followers would be added amongst their ranks, as well (seems highly likely to be the case now, though.....). I especially want Mr. 3 to stick with Buggy since the both of them share a passion for material wealth (that, and they just plain make an awesome team! ). Anyway, if Buggy's old crew returns to him, I'm hoping that they'll ditch Alvida since she was the one who had convinced them to abandon their captain in the first place (but she'll probably stick around anyway since Buggy's pretty much her best bet at catching up to Luffy)......
Indeed, Mr. 3 seems to work well with Buggy. As for Alvida, I'd prefer it if she sticks with Buggy, it makes the crew more interesting.

By the way, wouldn't it be interesting if Alvida proclaims her pursuit of Luffy in the vicinity of Hancock?

Buggy can probably survive on the back of his new recruits and his newfound infamy scaring off most competitors. It will also paint a big red bullseye on his back though, so the big boys might come after him eventually. (WHAAAAAT, DID YOU SAY I HAVE A BIG RED NOSE?!?!?!). *g* At any rate, he'll get by somehow.
Old 2010-04-28, 11:05   Link #223
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Withdrawal symptoms are getting worse . . . need more One Piece . . . . .

I hope these flashback chapters don't last too long. I really don't care about Ace, especially now that he's dead.
Old 2010-04-28, 12:29   Link #224
Wrath88
Kissing...

Like I said, it seems like easier writing 'how Luffy and Ace formed a bond of brotherhood' than 'What shall Luffy do now that Ace is dead?'. Buying time, I tell you.
Old 2010-04-28, 14:55   Link #225
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

I'd be thoroughly surprised if Oda didn't already know where he was taking the manga a few months in advance before we get there. o.o

From the looks of it, I think these flashback chapters will be peppered with Luffy accepting Ace's death. Aside from giving us some backstory on Ace, that we thankfully didn't get before his death during the war like we would have in a lot of other manga . . . . . . I think this will also tie back to Luffy getting better. Ace and Luffy were dead set on achieving their dreams and all that, so this flashback will probably remind Luffy what he has to do, even if Ace isn't around anymore.

While I could easily see this going on for another three chapters, I'd prefer one two and would be annoyed at four or more. >.>
Old 2010-04-28, 15:31   Link #226
james0246

^I wouldn't mind a 3-4 chapter flashback. The longest we've had in the series thus far was the Norland Flashback (lasting from the end of 286 to the beginning of 293), and I wouldn't mind a comparable flashback for the main character. Added to that, this flashback acts as a good "falling action" from the climax of the war.
Old 2010-04-28, 19:40   Link #227
marvelB

Yeah, I don't really mind the flashback, either. Actually, I expected Oda to touch upon Luffy and Ace's past before the war had started, but.... outside of a few brief flashes, that wasn't the case. Still, I think it's nice to see that we're getting a little more insight to Luffy's past, so I'm actually looking forward to the next few chapters (and I'm especially looking forward to seeing how Dadan's personality will be fleshed out)......

Anyway, about that Buggy discussion from before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Buggy will probably track down St. John's treasure now that he has the armband (I sure hope Luffy doesn't mention that to Nami),.

I thnk it's pretty much guaranteed that Luffy will blurt out the true purpose of that armband to Nami at some point. Then watch as she unleashes the mightiest burst of Haki before she murders Luffy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
and then while Mugiwara and BB'c crew are fighting to the death at Raftel - Buggy steals OP and becomes Pirate King L@L xD

....and later on he'll hand the treasure over to Luffy as he realizes that his destiny lies beyond that of the "Pirates' Summit", and his quest to become Pirate God shall begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
By the way, wouldn't it be interesting if Alvida proclaims her pursuit of Luffy in the vicinity of Hancock?

Yeah, I remember when the Impel Down arc began in the manga there were quite a few people who considered a potential rivalry between Alvida and Hancock. Maybe I could see it happening if it turns out Alvida is immune to Hancock's charms, but otherwise, I doubt the poor gal stands a chance against the snake lady.....

BTW, I think it would be so awesome if Mr. 3 made a battle armor for Buggy. Big Top Champion Buggy would be the most badass entity in existence, no?
Old 2010-04-28, 20:24   Link #228
james0246

Quote:
Yeah, I don't really mind the flashback, either. Actually, I expected Oda to touch upon Luffy and Ace's past before the war had started, but.... outside of a few brief flashes, that wasn't the case. Still, I think it's nice to see that we're getting a little more insight to Luffy's past, so I'm actually looking forward to the next few chapters (and I'm especially looking forward to seeing how Dadan's personality will be fleshed out)......
I think we should all just be thankful that Oda didn't stop the action in order to have a flashback during the "War" (like he did during the Skypiea arc). This is a good place for the flashback, and I do think it will become a mini-arc featuring their meeting, their fights, probably at least one moment where Ace saves Luffy (otherwise, how will they bond ), and then concludes with Ace leaving.

Quote:
Yeah, I remember when the Impel Down arc began in the manga there were quite a few people who considered a potential rivalry between Alvida and Hancock. Maybe I could see it happening if it turns out Alvida is immune to Hancock's charms, but otherwise, I doubt the poor gal stands a chance against the snake lady.....
Are you kidding? Of course she will be immune to Hancock's petrification ability. Alvida already thinks she is the hawtess thing on the sea, and I doubt her arrogance would be squashed by Hancock's lack of a bra....
Old 2010-04-28, 21:21   Link #229
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

She better hope that slip power of hers works on Hancock's kicks and Slave Arrow technique. Otherwise it'll be a short battle.
Old 2010-04-29, 02:55   Link #230
kirby sama
Pink Ball!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
She better hope that slip power of hers works on Hancock's kicks and Slave Arrow technique. Otherwise it'll be a short battle.
Hancock is using haki as well so it would be a short fight in my op.
Old 2010-04-29, 08:44   Link #231
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I'm more interested in the current state of affairs than Luffy's past with Ace. Here are some things I would like to see:

1) Whitebeard and Ace having a funeral, with the Whitebeard pirates, Red Haired pirates, Garp, and possibly Rayleigh, in attendance.

2) Those level 6 prisoners running rampant on the seas.

3) Sengoku having a meeting with the higher ups on how they will recuperate from their losses.

4) Reactions from Kaidou and Big Mom about the balance of power being broken.
Old 2010-04-29, 10:04   Link #232
james0246

^The current state of affairs isn't the plot right now. We, as an audience, need to actually know why Ace's death is important (not to the world, but to the overall plot/characters), and the only way to do that is to have a flashback or for Luffy to directly confront the issue. (Luffy's drama (and Ace's sacrifice) is meaningless (beyond pure empathy) without context.)

We will get back to the story once the current plot has been resolved.
Old 2010-04-29, 10:13   Link #233
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Hancock's lack of a bra
She doesn't wear a bra?!!
Old 2010-04-29, 11:11   Link #234
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^The current state of affairs isn't the plot right now. We, as an audience, need to actually know why Ace's death is important (not to the world, but to the overall plot/characters), and the only way to do that is to have a flashback or for Luffy to directly confront the issue. (Luffy's drama (and Ace's sacrifice) is meaningless (beyond pure empathy) without context.)

We will get back to the story once the current plot has been resolved.
I understand all of this. I'm just saying that I'm more interested in what's going on in the present time than in Luffy's past with Ace. Seeing Dadan interact with the boys will be fun; and it'll also be cool to see how Luffy and Ace close the rift/tension between themselves. But much like DJ Trouble, I don't want this flashback to be lengthy. Personally, I never cared for Ace. I always found him to be a bland and generic character.
Old 2010-04-29, 11:13   Link #235
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
She doesn't wear a bra?!!
That reminds me of the following scene... *nosebleed*

Starting to get the jitters here... DAMN YOU GOLDEN WEEK! DAMN YOUUUU...
Old 2010-04-29, 11:46   Link #236
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Hancock's love sickness is still pretty strong...... I wonder if she's seen enough of Luffy to be cured, or if she'll have to stay close to him for longer...

Also, I think seeing the Straw Hat will give Luffy a semi-snap back to reality.

Oh, and the stick Ace is holding looks like some kind of pole or fishing rod.....
Old 2010-04-29, 23:20   Link #237
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
I just want to see the new bounty posters, and have a nice flash back. I rather like the character development aspect of one piece. I do want to remind people what happens when you completely rememove character development from a manga. You get manga that is named after laundry detergent
Old 2010-04-29, 23:43   Link #238
james0246

^They finally took my idea and turned Arm & Hammer (or OxiClean) into an anime? Kick Ass (and I don't mean the comic/movie ).
Old 2010-05-01, 12:16   Link #239
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Spoiler for next chapter is out. Comes from Ohana and has pics so it should be legit.

Spoiler for 583:
Old 2010-05-01, 12:59   Link #240
Prestige

MarvelB will be delighted to see that new backstory series will be focusing on Absalom and Dr. Hogback.
Closed Thread