AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-21, 15:12   Link #141
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Hancock will fight on Luffy's side. She's gonna kick ass.
She's got to be really careful though. If she's caught collaborating with Luffy in his shenanigans, well, she and her Amazonian people can expect a buster call on their island sometime in the near future .

Quote:
Of course he will. There is only 1 person at this present moment, who'd stand a chance at beating Blackbeard's darkness and its WB. I think its a given that the 2 will battle and it will be the downfall of BB.
You mean the downfall of Whitebeard, right ?
Old 2009-08-21, 17:11   Link #142
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
She's got to be really careful though. If she's caught collaborating with Luffy in his shenanigans, well, she and her Amazonian people can expect a buster call on their island sometime in the near future .

You mean the downfall of Whitebeard, right ?
Yeah, WB.

Also, after all this is said and done, I really don't think the WG will be coming after Amazon Lilly, they'll be having to deal with the fall out over this war. Marine HQ will be in ruins.

It wouldn't be surprising if BB took out Magellan and just basically allowed the Prisoners to go free and run amok. Sure they might not be able to escape, but they will certainly over run Impel Down.
Old 2009-08-21, 17:27   Link #143
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Also, after all this is said and done, I really don't think the WG will be coming after Amazon Lilly, they'll be having to deal with the fall out over this war. Marine HQ will be in ruins.
True. I don't expect dealing with her betrayal to be on their list of priorities. Recuperating from their losses will be the most important thing to worry about. Even so, it's not like her rebellious actions would go unpunished.

Quote:
It wouldn't be surprising if BB took out Magellan and just basically allowed the Prisoners to go free and run amok. Sure they might not be able to escape, but they will certainly over run Impel Down.
Perpetual chaos throughout the world of One Piece. That is what I want to see in the aftermath of this war, courtesy of characters like Blackbeard and Doflamingo .
Old 2009-08-21, 18:08   Link #144
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Impel Down was already over run (I don't think there is a chance of survival for Magellan if he meets up with Blackbeard again). Also, I don't think Blackbeard is interested in just letting the prisoners go free, he may care less. But, based on what he did with Shiryuu, he may be looking for crew members at the lowest level, that may even be below the 6th level. Though based on the actual size of the 6th level that was supposed to be, there should be a lot of hidden places within, unlike the highly visible small area we had seen. Who knows, maybe he is planning to find the last remnants of the disappeared kingdom.
Old 2009-08-21, 20:25   Link #145
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

That was a very good chapter. I wonder if there will be a time skip after this big war?

Seeing Admiral Akainu make a huge fist on page 16-17, I wonder if he can make his whole body even large? If he can I can see either Akainu or Akoiji fighting with Jr. Oz.
Old 2009-08-21, 22:12   Link #146
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Seeing Admiral Akainu make a huge fist on page 16-17, I wonder if he can make his whole body even large? If he can I can see either Akainu or Akoiji fighting with Jr. Oz.

Possibly, but I still think it would be more appropriate for John Giant to take on Oars III. Let the true giants duke it out, y'know?
Old 2009-08-21, 23:11   Link #147
AnbuItachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
we certainly know that.. well take a closer look...! sometime u need to see every detail when u read one piece....

Spoiler for aokiji:

Yeah for sure.... and for some reason Moria laugh did mach with his DF....I wonder if Doflamingo DF has any relation with "fuffuffuffuffu"....
so aokiji is just standing on ice oO
Old 2009-08-22, 02:35   Link #148
rpy1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
That was a very good chapter. I wonder if there will be a time skip after this big war?

You mean against, right?
Old 2009-08-22, 04:14   Link #149
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Which side you believe Hancock will take? She has some serious grudges against WG and shes in love for Luffy..
ofcourse hancock will be in the WG side, atleast before luffy came...
or she can just ignoring luffy...when she knows luffy has a bodyguard like jinbei and crocodile fight beside....
Old 2009-08-22, 08:38   Link #150
SMASHERJACKSON

is it me or do akainu and don flamingo share the same laugh? interesting dialogue between the admirla and WB.
Old 2009-08-22, 08:44   Link #151
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The word 'fu' can also be read as 'hu', 'fufufu' or 'huhuhu' is a very common laugh in Japanese, actually in any language in real life as well.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-08-22, 08:45   Link #152
SMASHERJACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The word 'fu' can also be read as 'hu', 'fufufu' or 'huhuhu' is a very common laugh in Japanese, actually in any language in real life as well.
ah ok thanks for clearing that up
Old 2009-08-22, 11:57   Link #153
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

talking about mangakas and their assistants, if u read bakuman, i believe u will know more abt the real world of mangaka and how jump publish their stuffs
Old 2009-08-22, 18:18   Link #154
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Man this week's One Piece wasn't enough, seriously, I found myself hoping for spoilers already.
I'm interested in those Giants though, I wonder if any of them have special abilities other superhuman strength and great size. The one in the Black suit reminds me of Akainu for some reason, maybe its the hat. I also wonder what that female giant will be capable of too, this the first we seen Giants in battle like this so I hope its not a let down.
Anybody notice the guy who had a drum or wooden barrel come out of his mouth? Seem like a pretty useless DF. And the Vice-Admirals squaring off against Oars, I don't know about you guys, but I always wondered what Tsuru, that old lady vice-admiral, ability was. I'm guessing she's pretty strong since she's from Garp and Sengoku's era, even
though she wasn't mentioned by Whitebeard, she is known as the Great Tactician.
Another thing, am I the only one who finds Akainu a bit weird? I mean, we always seen him as serious hooded character (he's looks different from his first appearance too), now he's smiling, laughing, and making jokes.

Last edited by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk; 2009-08-22 at 18:28.
Old 2009-08-22, 19:08   Link #155
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I see you edited your post to make it less incendiary .

That being said, unless you are in Oda's work room, how can you say what the work ratio is between him and his assistants?
Cause unlike the Odaboys here I actually read what the man says. And I only edited my post for a period only, my posts are always ready to start a fire.
Heres the lighter for the match.....

SBS chapter 507...

Quote:
D: Oda-sensei, you have assistants like other artists, right? Other manga you can recognize when
stuff is obviously done by assistants, but when you look at One Piece from the first
volume, it doesn't seem that way! Do you draw everything that appears in the art?
P.N. Girl Who Reread it from Volume 1

O: Absolutely not, I couldn't draw every single thing. My staff draws the backgrounds for me. When I show them my setting art, they deconstruct it and ensure that everything gets
displayed perfectly. My staff is incredibly talented. Perhaps the difference you're
seeing is that I draw 100% of anything "living or moving," including mob scenes, animals,
smoke, clouds, seas, etc. When you leave the movement up to someone else, it can't help
but cause abnormalities in your art. It becomes awkward. This is all just my particular
obsession within my work, however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Really?, wasnt aware about that info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Don't worry, he wasn't either.
I don't know how many times I'm gonna steamroll you Fip.
Old 2009-08-22, 19:34   Link #156
james0246

^First of all, thank you for the Q&A. The last time I read about his addressing his staff was way back in Volume 7 or so. So new info is always appreciated. For future reference for us all, Here is a good web-page detailing all the Shitsumon o Boshu Suru (SBS).

Secondly, Oda, in the quote you have provided, says he draws all the "living or moving" things, which is the vast amount of material on any given panel/page. So, his staff only works with ships, buildings, and other things that do not convey movement. Consequently, the original post you were responding to, which indicated Oda ability to create vast backgrounds, was in fact correct because Oda still draws the majority of the background (not to mention he draws the stills of the backgrounds that his assistants then use).
Old 2009-08-22, 19:46   Link #157
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
What, the backgrounds is the topic at hand.....^ and Oda doesn't draw them, period. Stay in the lines when you are coloring pictures.

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-08-22 at 20:01.
Old 2009-08-23, 01:16   Link #158
james0246

^That wasn't really my point, but whatever...

I expect that next chapter will be the final set-up chapter before the real fights and pairings start. We've finally learned Akainu's and Marco's ability, so all that is left amongst the top dogs is DoFlamingo (and possibly Sengoku's (and one or two of the New World Captain's)). Whatever the case, next chapter will be pure chaos with the pairings probably being formalized and possibly Luffy finally making an appearance at the end of the chapter simply looking on in shock and awe of the ongoing battle.
Old 2009-08-23, 08:23   Link #159
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
I don't know how many times I'm gonna steamroll you Fip.
Wooo, you're the man...

Who was it that said that winning an argument on the internet was like competing in the paralympics...
Old 2009-08-23, 08:26   Link #160
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

So it makes me wonder,if there's other mythical beast type of zoan out there with power as badass as Marco?Probably something not logia like beast,but has great power equal to WB's gura gura fruit?

Among all OP char,i was thinking...if based on the name,there's another person in OP that could possibly be a mythical beats type Zoan,and that person is Luffy's father himself.Since Akainu,Aokiji and Kizaru's name reflect their power and ability,so i think the same might be apply-able to Dragon.I'm not even sure if Dragon is his real name or just a nickname though....i don't even think Garp was that GAR to give out such name to his own son =P

Altho there were lots of rumors back then about Luffy's father being a logia user with power to control weather,but after seeing Marco in this chapter,it made me think,if Dragon is actually a mythical beast type zoan user,a dragon beast type that has the power to control nature,and possibly spit out a destruction beam that rival WB's earthquake power similar to Bahamut from FF?If its true,then that could possibly explain why WG declared Dragon as the worst man ever exist in history,not just becoz he has the balls to oppose WG.

Well its just a speculation tho...i might be wrong on this,but well its Oda anyway....he can just alter things differently from what we thought and imagined.
Closed Thread