Old 2006-11-14, 12:28   Link #21
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagedreams View Post
Hi!

I hope this is the right place to put this. I noticed that our torrent:

http://www.animesuki.com/details.php/18570.html

has been labelled inactive but should still be ongoing.
It is the correct place.

It should now be fixed. The problem is that your site (now) has more than one page of torrents and since that page didn't exist when we first started to track your site, we couldn't pick up the torrent when (eventually) the torrents started to be shuffled off into the extra overflow page.

The "Inactive" status is in reference to the torrent, not the project, and since we couldn't find the torrent on "page 0" (the first 20 torrents you list), it automatically gets flagged as "Inactive".

We now scan additional pages on your site so it should be picked up even when moved to a different page.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-24, 21:31   Link #22
monster

Doraemon episode 22 should be listed with "Doraemon (1979)" instead of "Doraemon".
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-25, 02:36   Link #23
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
2 things -

1:
I have been wondering for a while about this. Sailor Moon SuperS is listed seperately from the rest of the Sailor Moon stuff.

Sailor Moon: http://animesuki.sandwich.net/series.php/300.html
SuperS: http://animesuki.sandwich.net/series.php/309.html

All the Sailor Stars releases are in the Sailor Moon entry, but the Sailor Moon SuperS specials are in their own SuperS category. Seems like they should all be together, even though the specials are not canon.

2:
http://animesuki.sandwich.net/series.php/891.html
This is strictly a matter of opinion, I think, but I noticed that you have this show listed with its translated title "Sasami Magical Girl Club" - Just wanted to mention that I would think it would be better to have the untranslated title "Sasami: Mahou Shoujo Club" - Either way, the addition of the colon after "Sasami" would be good.
Garylisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-25, 05:36   Link #24
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

1) I think the original distinction between various Sailor Moons was because of the license status. The first four seasons were licensed, the specials and Stars was not. I suppose we could and should merge the SailorS series entry with the rest, but I want to see what other staff thinks of that first.

2) AnimeSuki staff has an unwritten rule to use the title that is used first and/or most by fansubgroups for a series. In the case of Sasami, Muri-Fansubs used "Sasami Magical Girl Club". As that was the first and up-until-now last release of Muri-Fansubs, I have no problem changing it to what you prefer, as FoT has been around longer and is more likely to release futher episodes than Muri does, IMHO.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 04:08   Link #25
Garylisk
Baka Neko!
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Garylisk Send a message via AIM to Garylisk Send a message via MSN to Garylisk Send a message via Yahoo to Garylisk
REMOVE [FoT&A-W]Sasami: Mahou Shoujo Club episode 1

http://a.scarywater.net/fot/

Not wanting to spread the episode with visual problems and errors any more, I am taking this release off the page and disallowing it on the tracker. A v2 will be out shortly.

Questions can be directed to http://fotaw.forumer.com
Garylisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 04:21   Link #26
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Removed as requested
Old 2006-12-29, 04:22   Link #27
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Posting messages like this is usually not necessary. I have a script that checks your torrent site on Scarywater every hour. After that script can't find a torrent link 4-5 times (after 4-5 hours) it will automatically mark it as "inactive". Inactive links are automatically removed completely after 72 hours.

In this case though xris seems to have speed up the process a bit.
Old 2007-01-04, 22:31   Link #28
Mr VacBob
yotsuba channel

Send a message via AIM to Mr VacBob
http://animesuki.com/popup.php?id=20748

The tracker had some downtime recently due to the server being rebuilt, but it wasn't that long, and it's certainly working now. Could it be remarked active?

(And is this the right place to ask this? It doesn't seem like a common problem, so there's no FAQ)
Mr VacBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 02:26   Link #29
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It corrected that by itself before I could get here.

This was a fine place to ask. We scan your page every hour, so after a bit it fixed itself.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 04:35   Link #30
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Fixed. It appeared that when you rebuild the tracker you disabled downloading the full scrape page (with UL/DL info). The problem was that my scripts didn't pick up on that, so they just got a 403 error the past 45 days.

I've now changed the settings for retrieving the scrape page for your tracker to sent a specific list of hashes for which UL/DL info is requested. Which is essentially the way a normal BT client does it. That appears to work perfectly.

There are some problems with the main mirror (www.animesuki.com) right now, but within 15 minutes the problem should be gone from all other mirrors (try www.rpguru.com for example).
Old 2007-01-12, 16:44   Link #31
Mr_Sake
Ushi-Ai

Rozen Maiden Ouverture by Ushi-Ai doesn't have English subtitles, so it probaply shouldn't be on the main site.
Mr_Sake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 16:54   Link #32
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Thanks, I forgot that they mostly do Finnish subtitles. It will be removed from the site next time the mirrors update (in a few minutes)
Old 2007-02-02, 12:20   Link #33
Mr_Sake
Ushi-Ai

And again our Finnish release is on the main site. This time it's Higurashi episode 25

I promise that when we'll start next series, we put "finnish subtitles" in filenames, so it's easier to you to spot what releases are in Finnish.
Mr_Sake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-02, 12:36   Link #34
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Heh It was another staff who entered the torrent this time. Yes, it would help us if it did have something like [Finnish] in the filename. Sorry 'bout that, it's been removed.
Old 2007-02-03, 23:51   Link #35
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
http://animesuki.rut.org/series.php/518.html

The torrent for episodes 21-22 is still listed, but the torrent has been decommissioned for a while now. I'm not sure how the crawler script has missed its retirement. Anyway, you can take the entry for that one away.
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 02:04   Link #36
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
http://animesuki.rut.org/series.php/518.html

The torrent for episodes 21-22 is still listed, but the torrent has been decommissioned for a while now. I'm not sure how the crawler script has missed its retirement. Anyway, you can take the entry for that one away.
There are two kinds of torrents in our db: ones associated with sites and ones that are not (direct links). The former is automatically managed, but the latter isn't (though I should probably write a script for that).

Anyway... I manually marked this torrent as inactive, so it should be gone soon.
Old 2007-02-07, 18:44   Link #37
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

The torrents for Yes! Pretty Cure 5 should be listed as

Yes! Pretty Cure 5

(i.e. with the "!")... the "!" was removed in the torrent name due to the exclusion of the "!" character in filenames in many operating systems, however the correct name of the show includes the "!", so it should be listed that way.

Thank you.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 03:25   Link #38
kagedreams

The torrent is listed under Saiunkoku Monogatari but is for Ghost Hunt:

http://www.animesuki.com/details.php/21944.html

TIA!
kagedreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 03:28   Link #39
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Thank you!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 07:29   Link #40
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

There seems to be some confusion about the date episode 4 of Hidamari Sketch was released. According to this posting from Kilgamayan, it was released yesterday. However the torrent listings claim the episode was released on February 28th.

I got confused when the discussion thread said the new episode was released, but I didn't see it in the daily updates on the home page.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote