AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-09, 01:27   Link #1
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Manga and Music?

Hey everyone! I recently got into manga, and I'm liking it so much it's almost starting to bump out my anime-watching time as of late. I was wondering if I was the only one who does this, but does anyone else here play music consistently when reading manga? For some reason, it's a lot easier to focus when I have music playing than when I stare blankly at white pages or a computer screen in dead silence. But then again, I tend to pick music that matches the story.
For me, I play the Noir soundtrack when I read Kenshin (it goes along strangely well), Rage Against the Machine (Battle of Los Angeles) when I read Bleach, and Weezer (Blue and Green Albums) when viewing Ichigo 100%. Anyone else have any fitting tunes to the series they're reading?
Old 2004-08-09, 03:52   Link #2
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

i've been known to play music, watch TV, or even play games while reading manga
considering i do almost everything while listening to music, however...
Old 2004-08-09, 14:30   Link #3
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Your not alone, i do that all the time, besides that late night anime thingy, ^_^
Manga is great like this one, i just got this last sunday, meaning Aug 8th

This is the Japanese cover, but its pratically the same, no worries ne?

Old 2004-08-09, 15:59   Link #4
HoboGod
Necromancer

ussually i don't. the hum of my computer fan is really all the white noise i want. but when i do listen to music while reading, it is ussually something classical. i hate reading something and then suddenly the words of the song start coming through. the only exception is Mindless Self Indulgence, their lyrics ussually don't make alot of sence, mostly egotistical trash talk and random bullshit lies. That band kicks ass, ^_^
Old 2004-09-01, 15:45   Link #5
Chotto_Matte
Tired with anime?

Send a message via MSN to Chotto_Matte
Talking

Of course I do mate... Some examples:
Berserk, Naruto, Angel Sanctuary, Devil & Devil, Video Girl Ai: System of a down
One piece: Naruto OST
I''s: Lost Prophets
Gantz: Anything with fast rythm!
and lots more of course....
Old 2004-09-07, 10:13   Link #6
Yoska
フランキー

I wouldn't say never but music disturbs my concentration. Anime OSTs and BGMs are good if music is needed.
Old 2004-09-07, 11:13   Link #7
AnimeFangirl

I don't listen to music while reading manga, but I used to do it while reading books. Then I discovered that the music somehow got "matched" with the particular book in a semi-Pavlovian response, which hindered my future enjoyment of the book. For example, I just can't enjoy The Silmarillion any more unless I'm playing some Stevie Wonder, and what would the Lymond Chronicles be without Isaac Hayes? So nowadays I just focus on one thing at a time.
Old 2004-09-07, 13:22   Link #8
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

it depends. hxh, berserk,gantz, blame etc go well with music, some others like 20th cb don't
Closed Thread