AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 98 66.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 23.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 7.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.68%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.68%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-22, 15:08   Link #41
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've almost decided that most anime/manga writers were incessantly abused by student councils... either that or the scum rises to the top in that little system. I can only recall one student council executive portrayed fondly and that was the sword-wielding Yuri-chan from Magikano.

Concerning our particular student prez here:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-22, 15:16   Link #42
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Once again Yuuichi's sarcastic attitude helped diffuse the situation between Kuze and Mai. Lol! When Kuze is critcizing Mai, Yuuichi easily handles him w/o a sweat. You should've seen Kuze's defeated face. Go Yuuichi!
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-12-22, 15:34   Link #43
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its also very uplifting that Yuuichi really doesn't seem to give a leap about his status in the local social order --- usually the "transfer student" is frantic about trying to fit in or getting picked on (ala Tokimeki or others, SHnY being another exception with Itsuki however). Yuuichi is a "loose cannon" in the student prez's little world order -- in RL Yuuichi would probably have to keep an eye out for 'tripping into the roadway' courtesy some minion thugs... though I suspect he could handle that as well.
Old 2006-12-22, 15:45   Link #44
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Thumbs up

Wow...Mai really stole the show with that dress for sure. The rest of the episode was great though and I was abit amazed at the sheer amount of sublte spoilers dropped all over the place for the girls.

But in the end the episode is all about that incredible dance scene...Absolutely brilliant animation on kyoani's part.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2006-12-22, 16:04   Link #45
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Nice episode, cuteness everywhere. Most people have mentioned it already, but yeah, the dancing scene is nicely done, and it's original too, since there's no description or CG about the dancing part at all in the game. Horie Yui has been doing a marvelous job for Ayu throughout the series, so nothing's surprising for this one. I'm glad though that Satou Akemi is keeping up with her performance from last episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
I'm not sure what Sayuri's trying to whisper to U1 either, since I don't recall such a scene in the game. Might be a joke.

As for the second question, it's a long story. You should just wait and see yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
a question to the kanon veterans : was mai THAT obsessed with food in the game /2k2 version?
(i thought she was going to dance with her fork and sausage )
Actually, in the game, it's U1 who "invited" her to try out the sausages, but she did fall in love with them afterwards. They even did the monkey dance for a bit in the game.
Old 2006-12-22, 16:18   Link #46
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
This Episode was Amazing. Chibi Ayu Ayu was so cute
And then Mai in her Dress ... that was so Moe! Smeone want to join the MMM now?
The entire Festival i was hoping the Demon shows aup, and it showed up! What am mess. Seeing Mai fight that thing was great. 10/10
Old 2006-12-22, 16:18   Link #47
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Actually, in the game, it's U1 who "invited" her to try out the sausages, but she did fall in love with them afterwards. They even did the monkey dance for a bit in the game.
and what about her cute fixation on the bento box?
Old 2006-12-22, 16:28   Link #48
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
So far, everyone who lives in the Minase household got to wear different clothings everyday, so it wasn't not all that surprising that Ayu got some new clothes too, I guess.

Well, there's a reason why she always wear that same outfit, so it's actually right for Kyoani to show her wearing the same stuff while everyone else got to change clothings.
I know the reason, but it was just interesting....it was surprising to me
Old 2006-12-22, 16:32   Link #49
VRMN
Dangoism

Send a message via AIM to VRMN
Holy...

Just wow. Perfection only begins to describe the animation in episode 12. Add in the brilliantly executed pacing, along with the revelations and - count 'em - two flashbacks to Chibi Ayu and Yuuichi...not to mention the tour-de-force that was the dance/fight sequence. I was simply stunned at how well this series just trumphed its early standards (which were already damn good).

Well, now we know where the budget went last week.
Old 2006-12-22, 16:34   Link #50
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
I'm not sure what Sayuri's trying to whisper to U1 either, since I don't recall such a scene in the game. Might be a joke.

As for the second question, it's a long story. You should just wait and see yourself.
oh you teaser
oh i know! yuuichi incured the wrath of god because his sarcasm got to his head
Quote:
actually i think it was more what was inside the box rather than the box itself

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-22, 16:42   Link #51
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Ah, talking about that one, actually that scene in game is pretty interesting, too bad they didnt include it (fully) in the episode.

Bascially, it goes like this:
  • U1 and Sayuri is making some husband-comes-back-home-wife-asks-for-bath-or-meal-first joke.
  • Then Sayuri says she looks forward to the ball. She asks Mai if she's looking forward to it too.
  • U1 worries that Mai might be responseless or even say something negative about it, since she's going only because she was asked to.
  • So U1 moves the bentou box up and down, and she ends up nodding in correspond.
  • Sayuri takes it as real. Then she asks Mai if this is all thanks to U1.
  • U1 does the bentou trick again. And Mai nods.
  • Then Sayuri asks Mai if she likes U1.
  • U1 does the bentou trick again. While he's doing it, he suddenly thinks: what did Sayuri just say? And the thing is, Mai nods.
  • U1 goes "omg". Sayuri, on the other hand, is fascinated that Mai admits she likes U1.
  • U1 goes like "Hold on, let me ask this time."
  • U1 asks Mai if she doesn't like him, and does the bentou trick.
  • However, Mai doesn't move her head at all this time.
  • U1 asks her why she doesn't nod.
  • Mai looks at U1 and says her famous line "Because I don't hate you".
  • Sayuri looks highly entertained.
Old 2006-12-22, 17:12   Link #52
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Holy...this ep was simply perfect. Easily a 10/10 from me (the second 10 i have managed to dish out so far)

Animation was simply beautiful .... now i know where the budget from last week went >.<. We get some focus on several girls (with Shiori and Nayuki being shafted in this departement again.... which is understandable about Shiori at this point, but Nayuki could use more screentime)

The whole thing with Shiori's last name brings forth a lot of questions (and the Cinderella bit might hint something as well...hm)... have to reflect on this.

Nayuki banging her head on the table was pure gold
Mai focusing on the bento box was hilarious

Yuuichi stole the ep with his constant sarcasm. I simply loved how he stood up to the council president - clearly the guy didn't expect that.

The dance scene was perfect and the animation was simply beautiful.

The sudden appearance of the demons blew me away - i seriously was not expecting this in any way. At least we know for 100% that the demons are not Mai's imagination.

Judging from the next ep's preview the demons are not after Mai... but i have a feeling that it won't be Yuuichi either - after all he brings Ayu to school that night, and this is, suposedly, the first time when "demons are not after Mai"... Yuuichi has been several times there before, but it has never been the case.

One word: impressive.
Old 2006-12-22, 17:33   Link #53
kingdom_elladrel
Ayu-ism

Sheesh! Now that's the best episode I've seen so far in the entire series. I wish I could give a 9.25 Excellent episode. When it was over, at the end of the battle scene, I was thinking, "Damn! Finished already?!" I need that next episode, stat! Lots of little things revealed for all of the girls. Ayu was totally cute and pretty in that new outfit. Mai blushing while in that lovely dress, that was totally cute, she was absolutely lovely. Yuuichi's sarcastic comeback against that high and mighty fool of a student council president. I probably would have said something similar if I was in that situation, or more like along the lines of "Are you stupid enough to actually imagine that I care about who you are?" Hehehe... Everything in this episode was perfect At this point, it has totally blown away the 2002 version and then some in my opinion

The only reason I haven't given this one a perfect 10 is because...
My standard for perfect 10's have to basically make me go "!!!!!!!!OMFG!!!!!!!!" in 144 point font size bold italics underlined and all other flashy font styles anyone else can come up with

Last edited by kingdom_elladrel; 2006-12-22 at 17:39. Reason: Added more
Old 2006-12-22, 17:36   Link #54
lalala

damn this episode was fine
the animation was without any doubt 100% loved it
i also wanted to see more of mai but seeing the flashbacks were also well done
dance was awesome and so was the fight scene
i dunt watch much anime but the animation for this is crazy good
i was also surprised when i saw the melencholy of haruhi suzumiya animation is too good
but this episode 2 thumbs up
cant wait for next episode
Old 2006-12-22, 18:20   Link #55
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

This episode was soo much better than the old Kanon. Mai was absolutely dazzling in her dress and her effort to hide her embarrassment only made her so much more cuter. Karate chop, FTW! The dancing scene was animated pretty nicely except some parts...rubbed me the wrong way.

Does Mai like monkeys or something? She turned her full attention to Yuuichi when he mention the monkey dance.
Old 2006-12-22, 18:23   Link #56
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
Ah, talking about that one, actually that scene in game is pretty interesting, too bad they didnt include it (fully) in the episode.

Bascially, it goes like this:
  • U1 and Sayuri is making some husband-comes-back-home-wife-asks-for-bath-or-meal-first joke.
  • Then Sayuri says she looks forward to the ball. She asks Mai if she's looking forward to it too.
  • U1 worries that Mai might be responseless or even say something negative about it, since she's going only because she was asked to.
  • So U1 moves the bentou box up and down, and she ends up nodding in correspond.
  • Sayuri takes it as real. Then she asks Mai if this is all thanks to U1.
  • U1 does the bentou trick again. And Mai nods.
  • Then Sayuri asks Mai if she likes U1.
  • U1 does the bentou trick again. While he's doing it, he suddenly thinks: what did Sayuri just say? And the thing is, Mai nods.
  • U1 goes "omg". Sayuri, on the other hand, is fascinated that Mai admits she likes U1.
  • U1 goes like "Hold on, let me ask this time."
  • U1 asks Mai if she doesn't like him, and does the bentou trick.
  • However, Mai doesn't move her head at all this time.
  • U1 asks her why she doesn't nod.
  • Mai looks at U1 and says her famous line "Because I don't hate you".
  • Sayuri looks highly entertained.
LOL now that would have gained her more points in my book damit as if they didnt include things like this >.< yuuichi should be high on cloud 9 instead of doubting the truth

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-22, 18:47   Link #57
Kisuke06
I see...

This episode was very good. The bentou trick was very good, but I think that if it was made like in the game(like guuchan described)it would be even better.

Poor Kitagawa, he didn't even have a chance... with anyone. lol

In the next episode Yuuichi is going to help Mai fighting those demons, or whatever they are... well, that will be interesting. =]

And, of course: Mai in a dress + Mai blushing + Mai dancing = 10/10.

Last edited by Kisuke06; 2006-12-22 at 19:06.
Old 2006-12-22, 18:48   Link #58
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
Does Mai like monkeys or something? She turned her full attention to Yuuichi when he mention the monkey dance.
Mai loves animals, _bigtime_. And she has the cute habit of giving animals honorifics. Remember the first time when U1 fed Mai the Octopus-shaped wiener sausages? Here, she also used "tako-san" (tako = octopus). Likewise, she immediately snapped to attention when she heard "monkey" from U1 and replied "saru-san?" (saru = monkey).

And now come up with a good way to explain this via TLnote or any other trick without making it clunky and without disturbing the flow of the scene. Therefore, we omitted the explanation.
Old 2006-12-22, 19:27   Link #59
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Even without knowing that, I think it was obvious that Mai likes monkeys from the way she reacted in that scene, with or without TL notes.

The highlight in this episode for me were the little things: the scene on the balcony where Yuuichi revealed he had a fear of heights, the "mornings with Nayuki" scene, the "ice-cream with Shiori" scene, etc, etc. Particularly in this episode, but to a slightly lesser extent in all episodes, so many of the little ideosyncracies of the characters were revealed, with no fanfare, just laid out on the table for the audience to observe. It's these little character interactions which slowly, but surely add more layers to the characters and their personalities and the way Kanon has been doing it (just like all KyoAni series) is a highlight.
Old 2006-12-22, 19:42   Link #60
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
The highlight in this episode for me were the little things: the scene on the balcony where Yuuichi revealed he had a fear of heights
Talking about that, I remembered of this scene from episode 10. He didn't seem scared there...
Closed Thread