sbg711

2 more pics from the blocked coast guard thing

Spoiler:

Old 2014-03-01, 13:17   Link #33142
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Well, they might sound silly, but they are real and nasty.
Well by paintinf themselves to be a bigger target, it is better for the world if the Russians decide to kill both birds in one stone.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-03-01, 14:13   Link #33143
sbg711

Quote:
Ukraine nationalist leader calls on 'most wanted' terrorist Umarov 'to act against Russia'
http://rt.com/news/yarosh-nationalis...ss-umarov-380/

Old 2014-03-01, 14:30   Link #33144
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Entirety. The permission is about "territory of Ukraine" (literally), not Crimea specifically

God, this is just like 1936 back again.
Well, look at it this way. The only options for them were either to deny Putin the permission, or to allow it in this current form. Half baked ways are not suitable for the unpredictability of the situation. They don't want Putin to come back to beg for a larger permission once more in case something arises, which will be a joke on world stage.
Old 2014-03-01, 15:27   Link #33145
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

guys if you dont mind continue discussion of ukraine stuff here

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...30#post5029230
Old 2014-03-01, 22:12   Link #33146
killer3000ad

China:Knife-wielding gang kills 29 people at railway station
Old 2014-03-01, 23:50   Link #33147
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Reports seem to indicate 5-10 assailants, with 5 apparently shot dead by the police.

I'll admit. In this age of terror attacks by explosives and small arms, there's something disconcerting about a small group of guys opting to just use blades to try to murder just under two hundred people....could this have been a deliberate choice to organize a suicide attack to elicit greater terror by being more hands on?

And this is almost assuredly terrorism. I'd be VERY surprised if 5-10 delusional schizophrenics all happened to meet up, and somehow managed to plan and carry out a coordinated attack like this.
Old 2014-03-02, 00:46   Link #33148
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Reports seem to indicate 5-10 assailants, with 5 apparently shot dead by the police.

I'll admit. In this age of terror attacks by explosives and small arms, there's something disconcerting about a small group of guys opting to just use blades to try to murder just under two hundred people....could this have been a deliberate choice to organize a suicide attack to elicit greater terror by being more hands on?

And this is almost assuredly terrorism. I'd be VERY surprised if 5-10 delusional schizophrenics all happened to meet up, and somehow managed to plan and carry out a coordinated attack like this.
This just reminds me of those Hong-Kong period-films portraying gangsters back when guns were still relatively difficult to obtain in Asia. And as such the majority of the minor thugs were armed with blade weapons.
Old 2014-03-02, 01:19   Link #33149
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
This just reminds me of those Hong-Kong period-films portraying gangsters back when guns were still relatively difficult to obtain in Asia. And as such the majority of the minor thugs were armed with blade weapons.
Not that it would be in the interest/character of actual gangsters to carry out something like this though. Though it does seem that whoever did this didn't quite have access to proper explosives/firearms. Also. New BBC article. The CHinese government seems to be blaming Xinjiang Uighur separatists.

...You know, is it just me, or is Xinjiang rather a ways off from Yunnan?
Old 2014-03-02, 01:31   Link #33150
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Not that it would be in the interest/character of actual gangsters to carry out something like this though. Though it does seem that whoever did this didn't quite have access to proper explosives/firearms. Also. New BBC article. The CHinese government seems to be blaming Xinjiang Uighur separatists.

one of the assailants that was capture was reported to be a Uighur.
Old 2014-03-02, 04:05   Link #33151
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Natural migration, people moving from remote impoverished regions to more affluent ones. There are Uighur population (small or large) in every major city of China. In that sense it is not much different from migrant rural workers. The only difference is that they don't mix as well because of language etc.

For example, the riot happened a couple years back in Urumuqi because of Uighur workers were engaged in a mass brawl with the ethnic Han ones in southern China.

In case you don't know, there are district of Africans popping up in Guangzhou because of the trade with Africa. Those are named "chocolate towns".

By the way, I found it pretty hilarious that the west are now playing the sovereignty card on Ukraine, except they themselves most often are the supporters of separatists in other parts of the world.

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2014-03-02 at 04:50.
Old 2014-03-02, 04:16   Link #33152
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
By the way, I found it pretty hilarious that the west are now playing the sovereignty card on Ukraine, except they themselves most often are the supporters of separatists in other parts of the world.
I don't know what you are talking about. I denounced the Iraq war, I denounced the attempt to bomb Syria, and I certainly AM going to denounce the invasion of Ukraine. What made you think Putin is somehow less guilty than others that did the same things?
Old 2014-03-02, 04:49   Link #33153
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
I don't know what you are talking about. I denounced the Iraq war, I denounced the attempt to bomb Syria, and I certainly AM going to denounce the invasion of Ukraine. What made you think Putin is somehow less guilty than others that did the same things?
Just read any US media, CNN or NYT, you'll know what I mean. If this knife attack has happened in any western country, do you think they will put quotation marks on the word "terrorist"? I am laughing at all sort of double standards western media employ and those who buy it. Good for you to uphold the principle!
Old 2014-03-02, 04:58   Link #33154
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Just read any US media, CNN or NYT, you'll know what I mean. If this knife attack has happened in any western country, do you think they will put quotation marks on the word "terrorist"? I am laughing at all sort of double standards western media employ and those who buy it. Good for you to uphold the principle!
Russian Today was also using "Terrorist" to describe the new faction in Ukraine. Despite exactly zero terrorists acts being committed by them. In fact recently RT had been entirely unwatchable because Putin had been going heavy handed with the propaganda. There is almost no actual news reporting in away way in recent weeks by RT.
Old 2014-03-02, 05:02   Link #33155
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Rebellion, I'll give you. Half the time we support the rebels. (The the other half, the government in place.)

Separatists? I don't remember that ever happening, unless you count Palestine.
Old 2014-03-02, 05:11   Link #33156
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Rebellion, I'll give you. Half the time we support the rebels. (The the other half, the government in place.)

Separatists? I don't remember that ever happening, unless you count Palestine.
See, that's why I laugh at those people who buy it. The distinction between certain concepts is so thin that you could manipulate it either way. As always, in such chaotic times, you get a mixture of bunches, peaceful protestors, radical scoundrels. It really depends which part you emphasize, which is pretty much the media's job.
Old 2014-03-02, 05:15   Link #33157
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
See, that's why I laugh at those people who buy it. The distinction between certain concepts is so thin that you could manipulate it either way. As always, in such chaotic times, you get a mixture of bunches, peaceful protestors, radical scoundrels. It really depends which part you emphasize, which is pretty much the media's job.
And in this case, the greatest liars are the Russian media. Because they don't even pretend that they aren't quoting from notes supplied by Putin's men.

RT is capable of decent news reports when it doesn't concern Russia. But as soon as it is Russia related they spew pure garbage that everyone know is blatant lies. It just resembled the old school Soviet Union so much.
Old 2014-03-02, 05:36   Link #33158
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
And in this case, the greatest liars are the Russian media. Because they don't even pretend that they aren't quoting from notes supplied by Putin's men.

RT is capable of decent news reports when it doesn't concern Russia. But as soon as it is Russia related they spew pure garbage that everyone know is blatant lies. It just resembled the old school Soviet Union so much.
Well, I am not following RT. I'll state my point of view (and only my point of view) in the Ukraine thread. But I am not looking for debates.
Old 2014-03-02, 06:28   Link #33159
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Separatists want to cut a country in two or more. Rebels want to take it whole.
Old 2014-03-02, 07:40   Link #33160
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Separatists want to cut a country in two or more. Rebels want to take it whole.
Ehh, allow me to raise the examples of Yugoslavia, Sudan, and East Timor.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international