Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-20, 20:17   Link #621
baratomaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
Do you want to insert into the NScripter version or the Mangagamer version?
The NScripter version, since that's more user friendly then MangaGamer's version and also has the original music of the PC version.

Currently I'd say I'm about 30% through Day 2. The translating will go a lot quicker once my friend obtains the Japanese PC version as well.
Old 2011-12-20, 23:39   Link #622
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by baratomaya View Post
The NScripter version, since that's more user friendly then MangaGamer's version and also has the original music of the PC version.

Currently I'd say I'm about 30% through Day 2. The translating will go a lot quicker once my friend obtains the Japanese PC version as well.
This is great what you are doing. I have a question though, about Rei. Would you ever consider translating that? So far only one story has been translated and the twins don't seem to have done that one. It would be great if you could.
Old 2011-12-21, 00:05   Link #623
Boinciel
Mii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
This is great what you are doing. I have a question though, about Rei. Would you ever consider translating that? So far only one story has been translated and the twins don't seem to have done that one. It would be great if you could.
I'll go through and update the script for that patch myself if you're interested in picking up the other two stories and if I can find some time. That script still needs the smoothing and care that I wasn't able to give it in my rush to throw out an updated version quickly.
Old 2011-12-21, 10:47   Link #624
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinciel View Post
I'll go through and update the script for that patch myself if you're interested in picking up the other two stories and if I can find some time. That script still needs the smoothing and care that I wasn't able to give it in my rush to throw out an updated version quickly.
Really? That would be great. I've been wanting to read those stories for a while now.
Old 2012-01-12, 07:18   Link #625
battle22

hmm. guys is there anyway to get mangagamers script?
Old 2012-01-12, 17:04   Link #626
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
hmm. guys is there anyway to get mangagamers script?
Depends on what you want to do with it. If you just want to read it then the best way would be to buy the game.
Old 2012-01-26, 19:44   Link #627
Game Master Matt
Banned

And still no word from either of the twins... The fact that they can take the time to help with and comment on the Umineko project-just like the last time-only makes it worse. And they do have a responsibilty to finish up, since they had us all import the games. Frankly, I think someone else should take over doing this.
Old 2012-01-27, 08:15   Link #628
st_nick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Master Matt View Post
And still no word from either of the twins... The fact that they can take the time to help with and comment on the Umineko project-just like the last time-only makes it worse. And they do have a responsibilty to finish up, since they had us all import the games. Frankly, I think someone else should take over doing this.
To be fair they don't have the responsibility to finish translating the games, it's not like they're getting paid to do it or anything. They should however at least let us know if they're still working on them or if they've dropped the project, rather than just keeping us hanging.
Old 2012-01-28, 04:05   Link #629
Game Master Matt
Banned

They do have the responsibilty to finish, though. Because they swore they would. When they did that, a lot of people spent a lot of money importing the main Higurashi games. Now a lot of us have the games and not the promised translation patches. Plus, when combined with the lack of info, their activeness in the Umineko project, and just all the rotten things they've done, it's hard not to be angry.
Old 2012-01-28, 10:25   Link #630
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

So they became politicians ^_^

I do believe they did make a statement about the higurashi project when Mangagamer was releasing theirs.
Old 2012-01-28, 11:46   Link #631
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
IIUC, Mion (programmer) is involved in Umineko, not Shion (translator).
Old 2012-03-14, 09:58   Link #632
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Posted on the umineko thread, but quite relevant here as well for those who didn't check it:

As I twitted recently, Ryukishi07 will be the guest of Honor for Epitanime, a french convention that will be hold this year, on 25-26-27th may, in Paris. Information can be found on this site, although the translation is still in progress.
Old 2012-03-15, 15:58   Link #633
Joly
モエカステル

Awww... way too far for me. But thanks for the information! I'm glad for those who will get to go see/meet him.
Old 2012-03-25, 10:49   Link #634
zeroxkira

How is this going so far?
Old 2012-03-27, 06:53   Link #635
baratomaya

Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know how my friend's and I are doing with translating Watanagashi-hen.

Day 2: 100%
Day 3: Still being translated due to initial problems with e-mails.
Da 4: 100%
Day 5: 80%

Sorry if the translation's going slowly. May and April's going to be a two pretty, busy months for me, but I'll stick to this! ^^
Old 2012-03-27, 15:40   Link #636
zeroxkira

Quote:
Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know how my friend's and I are doing with translating Watanagashi-hen.

Day 2: 100%
Day 3: Still being translated due to initial problems with e-mails.
Da 4: 100%
Day 5: 80%

Sorry if the translation's going slowly. May and April's going to be a two pretty, busy months for me, but I'll stick to this! ^^
What improvements will have this one that you're translating???
Old 2012-03-27, 16:05   Link #637
baratomaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroxkira View Post
What improvements will have this one that you're translating???
Improvements? Well, if you mean how will it differ from MangaGamer's, then:

1. No typos or mistakes.

2. It'll be a patch for the Japanese version, so you'll be reading the arcs how they were intended, with the original music and background effects to go with it.

3. The translation will be accurate and won't leave anything out like MangaGamers did. I cannot stress enough how bad MangaGamer's translation is. Sure, it gets the point across, but it leaves out a lot of heart that was in the original. Here's an example:

MangaGamer: She smiles with a bossy attitude...!
My Translation: Mion, with the look of a club president... no, an Emperor, grinned broadly at us and laughed!

As you can see, they left out a lot of the humour and dumbed it down. To my knowledge, the Answer Arcs are translated better, but the way they handled the Question Arcs was pretty bad considering they're a professional company.

That's why I'm trying to translate the VN, because I, as a fan, want to be able to get the full experience from reading, like I did from Umineko. I want to finish this and make this into a patch so Higurashi fans can get the same experience too.

I hope that answers your question.
Old 2012-03-28, 14:36   Link #638
zeroxkira

Thumbs up

Quote:
Improvements? Well, if you mean how will it differ from MangaGamer's, then:

1. No typos or mistakes.

2. It'll be a patch for the Japanese version, so you'll be reading the arcs how they were intended, with the original music and background effects to go with it.

3. The translation will be accurate and won't leave anything out like MangaGamers did. I cannot stress enough how bad MangaGamer's translation is. Sure, it gets the point across, but it leaves out a lot of heart that was in the original. Here's an example:

MangaGamer: She smiles with a bossy attitude...!
My Translation: Mion, with the look of a club president... no, an Emperor, grinned broadly at us and laughed!

As you can see, they left out a lot of the humour and dumbed it down. To my knowledge, the Answer Arcs are translated better, but the way they handled the Question Arcs was pretty bad considering they're a professional company.

That's why I'm trying to translate the VN, because I, as a fan, want to be able to get the full experience from reading, like I did from Umineko. I want to finish this and make this into a patch so Higurashi fans can get the same experience too.

I hope that answers your question.
Oh!!!! ok i got it, i just tought it may have the CG scenes of the matsuri game ^_^ it doesn't matter it's great that someone translates it the way it should have been!!!
Old 2012-03-29, 18:16   Link #639
baratomaya

I'm putting in my translations for Day 2,4 and 5 into the VN script now to test it out and also to save me the trouble of having to do it later on.

I was wondering if there was anyone who cared to beta test the patch out for me? I need someone who has the Japanese VN of 1-4 and is good with grammar and punctuation. I have a tendency to switch back and forth with my tenses and sometimes my wording could be better.

If there was someone who wouldn't mind reading it and telling me their thoughts, that'd be great. ^^
Old 2012-03-29, 21:30   Link #640
Kantoku
見ぬが花

I can volunteer for that~ I'm finally on spring break, so I'll finally have a nice bit of free time to do whatever
Closed Thread