AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 25 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 263 62.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 68 16.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 8.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 23 5.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 2.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.71%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.24%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.24%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 3.31%
Voters: 423. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-26, 10:14   Link #181
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

I'm really gonna miss Toradora!

Loved the last episode. A really great kissing scene. A satisfying ending.

And so it finally ends. And I loved every second of it.
Old 2009-03-26, 10:15   Link #182
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
namely Ami who as she said herself, is moving in a different direction from her friends after graduation.
I don't remember her saying that... when was it?

Old 2009-03-26, 10:25   Link #183
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushi View Post
Just watched the raw, and as expected it was an amazing series. The only thing I wished was that they never have introducted Ami in the first place... from episode like 10 to 25 I've wished that she do something, even if she got rejected it doesn't matter. However, this series really pissed me off when the whole theme they had with Ami was "be true to yourself" and in the end she never showed it. I was only watching in anticpation that Ami does something.. in the end nothing happened..

Even if I completely ignore Ami and think of how great of a series this actually was. I can't. Ami was by far easily the most interesting character that I wanted to know about, that I wanted to do something, that sometimes I wished she ended with Ryuuji instead. Instead they just made her silently and at random times tell us how she felt, which in my opinion was horrible, because she never acted on any of her feelings. I was so disappointed because of that. But nevertheless it was really good series.

I hated how they made her so interesting, like I couldn't help but be interested in her and yet they slap you in the face by going, HA nothing's gonna happen with the character you like the most!
I'm glad someone brought this up too. For a long time I've been thinking about Ami and how she never acts on her feelings and how she doesn't really fit properly into her own group of friends. I wasn't sure exactly why she was put into the series but by episode 24 it became crystal clear to me: The intent was to tell the audience that things don't always work out for everyone but that doesn't mean there's no hope. She was an incredibly mature and thoughtful character (Her outlook on life in general, I think most of us can agree on.) and they left us wanting more, which means she did exactly what she was supposed to.

Also, I'd like to think Ryuuji finally understood her intent after her final "Goodbye" in the storage room, the body language kinda implied that but yeah, it would've been nice to of gotten a verbal confirmation before Minori barged in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I don't remember her saying that... when was it?
You're right, I was mixing it up with the book.

She says something about how high school is only a brief period and that none of the connections are permanent.
Old 2009-03-26, 10:31   Link #184
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
For all intent and purposes, Aisaka is back because she is on good terms with her parents now and probably got her approval. So they'll probably wait awhile to get married. They were only planning on rushing it because they had planned to run away. Now that they aren't they'll take it easy.

They won't be like Nagisa and Tomoya marrying so early.
I agree with you. Remember when Ryuuji said that they'd get married with everyones approval, even Taiga's parents, then she says that it'll take a while. So she goes off to transfer schools and live with her parents to try and get on good terms with them so they'd accept their marriage. Selfish that she did it on her own like that without ever telling Ryuuji (besides the note) but it's very like her to do something like that. Anyways, now that they have graduated, it means that they now can stay together.

I loved this episode. it's by far the best of the entire series.

and that kissing scene was FAR more than I'd ever hope for. it was too sweet. And completely in character for them. Same with Ryuuji saying "I love you" to her in the end. JC Staff did an amazing job on this final episode. Episode 24 seemed rush, and maybe it was supposed to seem rushed because of how fast things were crashing down in that episode, where this episode was absolutely beautiful in every way. Now that I have the entire series, I think i'll spend a good chunk of today watching it again.

You know what? I really wouldn't mind an OVA showing them a few years later or so. not really with kids, but married, or still engaged, or anything really.

もいちど。。。

Last edited by Nenkitsune; 2009-03-26 at 10:42.
Old 2009-03-26, 10:39   Link #185
ucit

hope they gonna make new series
i really like yu chan<what a sweet mother>
hope they gonna release new great series
Old 2009-03-26, 10:41   Link #186
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Because clearly it is not. It's not as if their lives are over or the only and biggest event of their lives has reached the curtain call. They're barely at the end of their teens. Kitamura might be going to the US, Ryuuji might go to college, Ami might go into modelling again, Kushieda might go to sports college, and the list goes on. I emphasize the word "might" because... well... can anyone say with any degree of certainty?

And that's exactly what this ending is. The future is not over, it is not yet determined, it is not destined. Rather than give an all-for-all conclusion, it gives us just a brief hint of the possible future. We see varying hints of the future of if's and maybe's.

As for me, with Clannad and Toradora over, withdrawal symptoms should start manifesting in the next 4 days.
We've had hints of every character's future except Taiga's since she literally "threw it out the window". I agree, it's been a lovely journey and life goes on, but I think a lot of us have become somewhat attached to the characters and would not mind having a couple more hints, or even a little peek at their lives one year later (OVA!). It's always reassuring to be told: "yes, life goes on but there are always a few things that will never change". After all, it's natural to think of change with a degree of fear and regret, isn't it? (Clannad...)

True, in real life, things literally begin anew at every stage. I'm almost living a new life in university, totally disconnected from my experiences and friends in high school. We aren't in touch, can't relate to one another, and don't even think of each other anymore. I had a girlfriend in high school and, in our naïveté, we "promised" to stay together. Guess what, just half a year later and half a world apart, I couldn't be bothered with that silly relationship anymore.

That's exactly why I'm a bit anxious for more closure. I'm not complaining about the story or ending: I'm not dissatisfied (the ending was marvellous, IMO), just anxious. Again, all I'd like is some reassurance that in spite of life going on, in spite of things changing, that "gentle and sweet and hard-to-find thing" will ultimately prevail.

Last edited by Yukinokesshou; 2009-03-26 at 10:59.
Old 2009-03-26, 10:42   Link #187
-Kh-
ポルカ

I'm going to keep it short. Although I liked the episode and the ending, I think Ep.24 was superior in every aspect.

I know many people disliked 24 for X or Y reasons, but probably those are the same reasons on why I liked it better.

Anyway, too abd it is over, I want an OVA with an AmiXEmorin ending
Old 2009-03-26, 10:47   Link #188
FireSong

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Despite some foibles in its armor, I thought it was a good show overall. Highlights of the episode include the wonderful kissing scene (among the better ones, not the best); the beautiful and subtle imagery during the final conversation between Ami and Ryuuji; and finally the satisfying ending.

I didn't really look that much into the episode, but here are my impressions expounded:

Toradora 25 - So the love birds flew ...
Thanks for the birds sharing... It pretty much summed it up for people who have not realized what birds meant.

Yes, I'm pretty sure they got together permanently. Ami's smile at the end also sort of revealed that she had a hand in "hiding" Taiga at their graduation ceremony, so that was sweet in itself. Then again, given their friendship now, I actually hope for a "Fumoffu" style OVA series for this show - A (bad) day in the life of a student council president?
Old 2009-03-26, 10:48   Link #189
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukinokesshou View Post
We've had hints of every character's future except Taiga's since she literally "threw it out the window". I agree, it's been a lovely journey and life goes on, but I think a lot of us have become somewhat attached to the characters and would not mind having a couple more hints, or even a little peek at their lives one year later (OVA!). It's always reassuring to be told: "yes, life goes on but there are always a few things that will never change". After all, it's natural to think of change with a degree of fear and regret, isn't it? (Clannad...)

True, in real life, things literally begin anew at every stage. I'm almost living a new life in university, totally disconnected from my experiences and friends in high school. We aren't in touch, can't relate to one another, and don't even think of each other anymore. I had a girlfriend in high school and, in our naïveté, we "promised" to stay together. Guess what, just half a year later and half a world apart, I couldn't be bothered with that silly relationship anymore.

That's exactly why I'm a bit anxious for more closure. I'm not complaining about the story or ending: I'm not dissatisfied (the ending was marvellous, IMO), just anxious. Again, all I'd like is some reassurance that in spite of life going on, in spite of things changing, that "gentle and sweet and hard-to-find thing" will ultimately prevail.
If the ending left you anxious, then it has succeeded in doing what it should have: leaving a small feeling of anxiety as open endings should. It left me wanting for more, knowing that it won't give me more, and I can live with that.
Old 2009-03-26, 10:51   Link #190
Shabazza
transcendental

Fitting end for another 1 in a million high school drama anime. 2/10
Old 2009-03-26, 10:53   Link #191
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
so I just started re-watching the series, and JUST realized that they ended the series EXACTLY how it started. (I thought those lines seemed familiar, and they are, it's the same speech they said in the begining of the show)

もいちど。。。
Old 2009-03-26, 11:02   Link #192
Yukinokesshou
ドジ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
If the ending left you anxious, then it has succeeded in doing what it should have: leaving a small feeling of anxiety as open endings should. It left me wanting for more, knowing that it won't give me more, and I can live with that.
Yes, but the question is why the anime had to leave us feeling anxious, given that Taiga and Ryuuji's relationship was on considerably safer grounds in the original novel ending . [Edit] Just downloaded the subbed version and will watch now.
Old 2009-03-26, 11:20   Link #193
roan

Quote:

You're right, I was mixing it up with the book.

She says something about how high school is only a brief period and that none of the connections are permanent.
That was supposed to be how she felt before she met Ryuuji and Taiga. She used to brush off school life as being beneath her because it was just a brief period in her life and because she already had a foot out in the adult world, so why bother? Then, she had a change of heart. She probably still has the same outlook, but one with more positive leanings.
Old 2009-03-26, 11:29   Link #194
jery626
Full Metal Panic!

I want more toradora... I have this same feeling like when I watched CG R2's end... Hungry for more...
Old 2009-03-26, 11:30   Link #195
danin8r44
The King of the Insane

Gotta say, this episode really made up for the odd pacing of last episode. Great ending.
Old 2009-03-26, 11:33   Link #196
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Wow.

*Speechless for some time as I'm still trying to catch my breath and sort my thoughts out*

As expected, Ryuji wasn't really planning to eloping, if he were, he would have stayed at Ami's mansion. But rather he and Taiga lured Yasuko back in order for her to reconcile with his grandparents. Of course, this was certainly made easier by the fact that Ryuji was raised by Yasuko into a fine young man.

It was also good to see Yasuko get redeemed after what happened last episode.

Upon witnessing how it's possible for a family to reconcile from the Takasus, Taiga too decided she didn't want to run away and took responsibility by moving in with her mother.

Given the shock of elopement caused by spur of the moment emotion last episode (and probably utter dismay and disappointment, if not disgust at their immaturity for some), both Taiga and Ryuji seem to have come back to their senses and realized how immature such a path was. Spending time with Ryuji's grandparents probably allowed them to cool time and contemplate.

Though that in no way had diminished their love for each other, on the contrary, they learned to cherish it even more.

Had the series ended with them eloping like Yasuko did, I think even I would have found that too much of a cop-out, so I find this resolution a very satisfying way to conclude.

I'm going to say this is a great ending. Of course, the icing on the cake was Ryuji cooly saying "I love you" to Taiga, and Taiga flustering.

Oh, I forgot, Taiga's moe meter has gone up 100 fold in her serafuku.

While it's hard to compare Toradora with Clannad (including After Story) as the elements are completely different, if you are to point a gun to my head now and ask me to pick which one I enjoy watching more, I'm going to have to pick Toradora.

(I'm actually picking a JC Staff series over a Kyo-Ani one, and that's with my proven track record of "showing admiration for anything by Kyo-Ani", to say with tongue-in-cheek )

Credit must go to author Takemiya Yuyuko for writing such an excellent story, and for the team led by Nagai Tatsuyuki for making a great adaptation.
Old 2009-03-26, 11:34   Link #197
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by roan View Post
That was supposed to be how she felt before she met Ryuuji and Taiga. She used to brush off school life as being beneath her, since she already has a foot out in the adult world, but she had a change of heart.
Yeah she's opened herself up to her friends but even still she's right about the relationships (I.E., seeing them on a day to day basis) only lasting for a short time. They mean something to her now but I don't see how she can have regular contact with the group after graduation since they're all moving in different directions.
Old 2009-03-26, 11:35   Link #198
Illuminati

That was a really good ending in my taste. I'm really satisfied.

And btw is it just me or Mangakas and production studios REALLY underestimate the potencial of a slice of life about a couple? There is so many couples I've knew in an anime that I'm dying to see more about what happened after the ending..
Old 2009-03-26, 11:41   Link #199
roan

Quote:
Yeah she's opened herself up to her friends but even still she's right about the relationships (I.E., seeing them on a day to day basis) only lasting for a short time. They mean something to her now but I don't see how she can have regular contact with the group after graduation since they're all moving in different directions.
Hm, I suppose and I guess that kind of thinking is part of the charm (and the usefulness) of her character......even though, that's coming from her experience in the adult world instead of her core childish personality.

Last edited by roan; 2009-03-26 at 12:12.
Old 2009-03-26, 11:54   Link #200
Janifuu
緩和

Quote:
Originally Posted by manga852 View Post
just what about their relationship was unstable they had already confessed their feelings for each other and ryuuji already proposed can't think of a more stable high school relationship
I never said their relationship was unstable, if fact I was declaring the exact opposite, that it IS stable... re-read my post you quoted. I thought I made myself pretty clear.
Closed Thread