AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black 2nd Season - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 11 12.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 30.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 29.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 17.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.16%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.16%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.16%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-05, 23:51   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Darker Than Black 2nd Season - Episode 05 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Darker Than Black 2nd Season, Episode 05.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-11-12 at 01:15.
Old 2009-11-05, 23:57   Link #2
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Humble apologies for the delay at creating the thread. Didn't have an access to a PC. I guess I'm the only moderator that is following this show because otherwise another moderator would have noticed by now that something was amiss. Anyway, I'll let one of the other moderators know about the airing schedule to avoid delays at creating future episode thread.

Let's talk episode 5.
Old 2009-11-06, 00:16   Link #3
orangejuicetang

I was wondering all day why this thread wasn't up yet. Actually got worried that it was somehow delayed this week without me knowing it, lol.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-11-06, 00:20   Link #4
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

(´・ω・`) Don't mind~
---

I guess this was a connection episode. Nothing much really happened...
Kind of funny that they immediately have the wife appear in the show right after they set the flag.

More importantly, isn't this the first episode since he has appeared that the cockroach man didn't sexually harass a girl...?

...Nika...

Still... You know, the very first contractor that appeared in DTB was a teleportor... Such a simple ability, yet he had to break his fingers... Poor guy... We got people with 100x more deadly abilities with prices like smoking or eating hamburgers...
This wife's... is what? Baking cookies? Baking herself (probably not...)?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-11-06, 00:22   Link #5
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

A nice, slow paced episode. The story advanced a little during the first segment when Misaki was told an up to date status for Hei by our dollmaster informant, but other than that it was mainly a character interaction based episode with some scattered action here and there. A real treat if you love the characters, though I guess that those that are in for the plot will cry in despair. But worry not, for during the end we see Hei getting his neck into trouble and getting Suou into her first mission. Yay.
Old 2009-11-06, 01:30   Link #6
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

For me, that was one of the richest episodes so far: plot, action, character, relationship, revelation....

Madame Oreille is willing to work with section 3??? Norio's mom is a contractor? And suddenly reappears?

Norio makes his feelings clear, in his jackass way. Suou is becoming a real contractor, but it still penetrated a bit, I thought. Hei is getting more of those damn feelings towards people, lol. Love him. (I just rewatched the Yin choosing to stay with her nakama Hei episode from season one.)

Suou and Shion are both real? Or was that flashback only in Suou's head?

And fabulous voice-acting from Hanazawa Kana, who just shows more and more as the show goes on. Not to say Suou's subtle facial expressions, created by the animators, weren't part of it, too.

And I really dug the voice of Madame Oreille. Such perfect arch confidence. Played by veteran Kouda Kaho, who was Judy in Phantom.

I updated the characters/seiyuus page (link in sig) to add Norio-Mom, who is played by actress and TV/film dubber, Hayashi Marika. She just got married (at 34) and put a lovely photo of herself posed in a wedding dress in church on her blog (link on character/seiyuu page, for those who care). Says she went to work the next day, playing a sad character -- commented that it was a fast emotional turn-around. I wonder if it was this character....
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-11-06, 03:21   Link #7
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Nice character interacting episode.

It's still very fascinating to learn more about Suou's thought process. She is an irregular among the Contractors, or even is really one.

The plot thickens. Anti-Contractors weapon, Mitaka Bunsho, Izanami....the next episode will be very great. Obviously something will happen to Norio and his dad now that the mum is back and working for the No.3 Section. Expecting big fight, and deaths next episode!

Mao is still as priceless ever. His commentaries in the new squirrel body is hilarious
Old 2009-11-06, 05:30   Link #8
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Still... You know, the very first contractor that appeared in DTB was a teleportor... Such a simple ability, yet he had to break his fingers... Poor guy...
Nitpicking: he was a gravity control guy who could fly, not a teleporter.
Old 2009-11-06, 07:54   Link #9
hei

This episode is OK for me. Unnecesary service scenes were restrained and more attention was paid to plots and characters.

Several things were confirmed: Both Shion and Suou are existent at least in terms of official documents. Suou is not Izanami. Suou can shoot up to six bullets when she summons the gun. Hei lost his ability not because of Suou's pendant but because of the anti-contractor machine. Hei's client is not very professional.

Yet, it seems another hints for the forthcoming story were given: Noah's Ark, aquarium, and whale. Does that mean a great flood is coming to mankind? Who are whales that do not need Noah's Ark? Just hope the show is getting more pacy from here on.
Old 2009-11-06, 15:07   Link #10
Aqua Knight

Subs are out!

Great episode, but I wish Hei changed his clothes at least.
Old 2009-11-06, 16:53   Link #11
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
Subs are out!
Indeed they are. Too bad I won't be able to watch it today. From the preview it seemed like there'll be a lot of action as well as more character development.
Old 2009-11-06, 17:05   Link #12
g_silver
Baka Member

just watched sup, yeah this episode is a little slow pace
but the story is progress a lot

Twin stars in the beginning of episode probably belong to Suou and Shion
guess from colour and what what Madame Oreille said
"Make a wish up on that tiny red star. Wish to see BK-201"

So at least Suou has her own star like other contractor

Finally Suou got her first kill (even though its not a human)

I surprise that Hei isn't hit Suou when she's blow the wall up
(cuz it look pretty serious than lie)
but may be his feeling toward Suou is now change
or may be He's really a lolicon :P
(just kidding.. :P He looks more like father of two now)
Old 2009-11-06, 17:22   Link #13
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hei sleeping on the toilet was pretty lol.
Old 2009-11-06, 18:44   Link #14
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
Subs are out!

It's a whale, damnit. Don't crush Suou's dreams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
This wife's... is what? Baking cookies? Baking herself (probably not...)?

Oh, renumeration, right. So the cake is not a lie. I was thinking it was some sort of EVIL cake, made from sugar, flour, memory-erasing anti-allergy serum, and explosives.

Adorable Suou-July pairing is continuing...

I was expecting a reveal that the truck carrying the super special device thingy had another one of those anti-contractor field things built in, but nope. I mean, it was an obvious place to set up a trap. Which it could still be... just with less biribiri.
Old 2009-11-06, 19:15   Link #15
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post

It's a whale, damnit. Don't crush Suou's dreams.
He means the fansubs are out.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-11-06, 19:41   Link #16
Kunagisa

Like the episode, but not liking where the direction this story's going.

I still believes Suou's locket to be the meteor fragment, and it screwed up that anti-contractor machine, transferring Hei's power into the locket. Suou's power is from that locket.

This means Hei will loses his electricity for the remainder of the series until things get resolved. Although his combat prowess is still ridiculous (considering his sister was the original Black Reaper, but he still could keep up in South America), he's going to be weaker.

On a less serious note, HEI GOOD JOB ON TRAINING YOUR LOLI. I thought all hopes were lost with the last episode, but he still treats his lolis well *tears of joy*.
Old 2009-11-06, 19:43   Link #17
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I thought all hopes were lost with the last episode, but he still treats his lolis well *tears of joy*.
Maybe her taking on a cockroach with an anti-tank rifle, and her considering him to be no better than a cockroach, gave him second thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
He means the fansubs are out.
*watches the joke sail over Yu's head*
Old 2009-11-06, 19:47   Link #18
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Meh. I thought you didn't know what the previous perosn was saying.

Anyway, we got ourselves another person from the MIAC. Wonder if Norio will keep appearing in the show unless his mom decides to off him.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-11-06, 19:50   Link #19
arcticphoenix16

July and Suou = amazingly cute. Too bad Hei is an abusive father
Old 2009-11-06, 19:55   Link #20
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticphoenix16 View Post
July and Suou = amazingly cute. Too bad Hei is an abusive father
I'm still kinda miffed they stole Yin's super moe smile =(
Closed Thread