Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-22, 16:43   Link #301
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

He's not but the other members of the Royal family also bear foreign names, like Clovis (French king of old), Schneizel (German), etc. It might have something to do with the wives' nationalities and their choice for their children's names...besides, it might be fashionable to use foreign or medieval first names...let's not forget this is an AU, after all.
Old 2006-12-22, 19:26   Link #302
Seska

Lulu and his Sister, was banned to Japan (yes, bevor the Britain invasion), to spend there his rest of life, and there he found Suzuka as his friend. But Japan was then invaded from Britain (with help of the other remains nations?) and they turned it into a nummber. 11

But, that was all shown in episode 01...

Mfg,
Seska
Old 2006-12-22, 22:12   Link #303
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Now we have thousands of fans fervently repeating the lip scene trying to figure it out LOL...
I would say it's useless to try lip read an anime. I would say CC is some kind of lost sis kinda thing or related to Brit royal family through her name.
Old 2006-12-23, 01:08   Link #304
Wolfpack

Everyone says her name must be long but I was wondering if anyone thought that maybe he said her first and last name. If he did, then I have a strong feeling her first name is Marianne-Lelouch's mother's name. Because when she told him her name he threw away her blood sample he was going to test. Then he got really humble-almost, and thanked her for everything. I mean I can't really see any other reason he'd do it. Unless her name was really famous that Lelouch recognized it from mythology or history and hand no need to test her blood.

Anyone read Mists of Avalon series? I read the summaries on Wikipedia and drew several connections. In the Mists of Avalon series Arthur is suppose to be a decadent and corrupt king, atleast from Mordred's view, who is trying to get rid of him. Kinda like Lelouch and the Emperor.

Mists of Avalon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mists_of_avalon

Also in the Mists of Avalon series there is this whole prequel of stories about the Druids or their people who worship their goddess being persecuted by the Romans who happen to be Christian. There is historical background for the persecution of the Druid population by the Christians who saw as opposing the Christian missionaries.

Druids
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Druid

Now I know I'm stretching it but bear with me. That symbol on the church was definitely not a cross but I don't know what kind of alternate symbols the Christian/Catholic church had in the past. I'm gonna say maybe CC was part of the Druid population and the people who burned down her village were the Christians or the Roman Army.

Also the word Geass or Geas has its roots in Irish mythology. Geas was a vow placed on a hero, the violation of which would usually spell said person's doom. Later it became a taboo which evolved into curses-spells. Kinda like Lelouch's eye, huh? Unfortunately according to wiki alot of heroes die when Geas is mentioned in the same story. Now I know Lelouch isn't exactly a knight in shining armor but he's the protaginist so I hope he doesn't die. That's my main wish. My second wish is that gets with atleast C.C. or Kallen, both is even better! ^_^

Geass
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geas

Lancelot is another reference to Celtic/Irish myths.

I also bet that new woman we saw at the end of episode 11 preview was probably Sakuya, Suzaku's aunt. Wonder if she'll be the messenger from Kyoto?

The emperor probably knows about Geass too, because he mentioned a plan that he was talking to Clovis about in episode 6. I think his words were "I was just talking with Clovis... we need to hurry with the plan..." I also wonder because of episode 14-Geass vs. Geass what kind of badass action or tactics we'll see. Will the enemy have different Geass? Why are they fighting Lelouch?

It's also a good thing Clamp is doing just the characters. If they were handling the story I'd worry about it turning into the Tsubasa Chronicles-too goody goody or like X/1999 then almost everybody would die.

Last edited by Wolfpack; 2006-12-23 at 01:19.
Old 2006-12-23, 01:37   Link #305
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
I can imagine the last episode be the episode that CC's name is revealed and this serie ends by Lulu calling out to her.
lol who knows
Old 2006-12-23, 01:43   Link #306
JediNight
キズランダム

I had some things about Lelouch after watching Ep11:

Cornelia shows how important to morale it can be to not only command your troops well, but also to lead them into battle and show you are willing to do what you are having them do as well.

Does Lelouch fit into that pattern though? Is he putting himself on the line enough to garner the respect and loyalty of the people under him?

Sure Lelouch is in a Knightmare in the field with them there, but he's shown in the past how he is content to just sit back and order people from relative safety. Also, is he willing to put his life on the line and possibly die for this? Both times he's had a close call with being caught he has visibly freaked out about it.
Old 2006-12-23, 01:48   Link #307
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I had some things about Lelouch after watching Ep11:

Cornelia shows how important to morale it can be to not only command your troops well, but also to lead them into battle and show you are willing to do what you are having them do as well.

Does Lelouch fit into that pattern though? Is he putting himself on the line enough to garner the respect and loyalty of the people under him?

Sure Lelouch is in a Knightmare in the field with them there, but he's shown in the past how he is content to just sit back and order people from relative safety. Also, is he willing to put his life on the line and possibly die for this? Both times he's had a close call with being caught he has visibly freaked out about it.
Well to be fair, in the past he was in a captured Knightmare still transmitting a friendly signature and tapping their communications. If he had fought with them, the Britannians would know immediately that the Knightmare he's in is an enemy's and cut off communications/change his signal to an enemy.

As for Lelouch freaking out that he'd get caught, I don't think he's freaking out that he might get caught and die (he's already prepared for that), but freaking out because if he gets caught, its over for Nunally as well.
Old 2006-12-23, 03:56   Link #308
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

I have a couple of theories regarding C.C.'s real name/origins:

First theory: considering the recurrent metaphor with "snow" that C.C. and Lelouch have been talking about, in episode 10 and 11, if her name would be japanese then it could be something like "Yuki", or an other name ending with "-yuki".

Second theory: Based on/from the Arthurian legends, her real name might be Morgana/Morgaine, a powerful sorceress who helped Mordred to defeat King Arthur.

Third theory: Based on the Irish legends, her name could be the one of Morrigan, triple goddess/war goddess and in some legends even pictured as a banshee.

Right now I'm more oriented to believe that C.C's character might be indeed have been inspired and/or composed by elements of both Arthurian and Irish legends, which makes me assume that her name could be related to my second and third theory, directly or undirectly. Of course, it's just pure speculation and we don't even know if we'll ever get to know her name at all during the serie.

Last edited by Shinndou; 2006-12-23 at 06:15.
Old 2006-12-23, 05:19   Link #309
quina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
I have a couple of theories regarding C.C.'s real name/origins:

First theory: considering the recurrent metaphor with "snow" that C.C. and Lelouch have been talking about, in episode 10 and 11, if her name would be japanese then it could be something like "Yuki", or an other name ending with "-yuki".
Please see my other post FACT3:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=287
on why shouldn't CC' real name be Japanese.

Quote:
Second theory: Based on/from the Arthurian legends, her real name might be Morgana/Morgaine, a powerful sorceress who helped Mordred to defeat King Arthur.

Third theory: Based on the Irish legends, her name could be the one of Morrigan, triple goddess/war goddess and in some legends even pictured as a banshee.

Right I'm more oriented to believe that C.C's character might be indeed have been inspired and/or composed by elements of both Arthurian and Irish legends, which makes me assume that her name could be related to my second and third theory, directly or undirectly. Of course, it's just pure speculation
THe theory sounds possible and such, however Morgana/Morrigan to me sounds like a bad/curse name, name of the arch enemy of Merlin and the name itself means "The Queen of Terror". (I don't know, please forgive me if I offend anyone.)... If thats the case, please consider FACT1: on my other post... Given Lulu's reaction that would unlikely to be her name.

This might also sounds silly, however in the lip's moment, the starting movement of his mouth is not of a "Mor" (a "mor" lip's movement is O), please check out screenshot of his lip's movement at

Quote:
and we don't even know if we'll ever get to know her name at all during the serie.
I really hope we do ><!! it would be somewhat romantic if Lulu call out for her in the last sec of the serie.
Old 2006-12-23, 05:40   Link #310
TrueKnight

Why do people seemed to think that just because one of the chest pawns pieces was named Lancelot, then it's automatically an Arthurian styled anime?

I don't know why but it seems like from the first episode, when Emperor is initiating a "Ragnarok" event (when C.C first gave Lelouch the Geass), this story seems like going for the "end of the world" scenario with borrowing the 'bloodshed" title from Christianity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack
The emperor probably knows about Geass too, because he mentioned a plan that he was talking to Clovis about in episode 6. I think his words were "I was just talking with Clovis... we need to hurry with the plan..." I also wonder because of episode 14-Geass vs. Geass what kind of badass action or tactics we'll see. Will the enemy have different Geass? Why are they fighting Lelouch?
Eventhough it's only a 50/50 chance true that ep 14 will be called Geass vs Geass, if indeed that happens, then I'll put my money on Lelouch vs Schneizel. The vibes are getting more clearer on ep 10. Haven't seen 11 yet, but I'm glad we're seeing a Lelouch x C.C here.
Old 2006-12-23, 06:12   Link #311
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
THe theory sounds possible and such, however Morgana/Morrigan to me sounds like a bad/curse name, name of the arch enemy of Merlin and the name itself means "The Queen of Terror". (I don't know, please forgive me if I offend anyone.)... If thats the case, please consider FACT1: on my other post... Given Lulu's reaction that would unlikely to be her name.
Why couldn't it be a cursed name? Afterall the flashback shown in episode 11 seems to show a riot/protest of villagers, and she doesn't seem to be enjoying that flashback at all. What if "Geass" is a sort of cult/religion that common people of that age/location could not accept nor tolerate? Both Morgana and Morrigan's characters have always been associated to dark and abnormal forces, which seems to fit C.C.'s character as well. I still think that the comparison between C.C. and these two characters makes sense somehow, based on how they've both been portrayed so far.

Quote:
This might also sounds silly, however in the lip's moment, the starting movement of his mouth is not of a "Mor" (a "mor" lip's movement is O), please check out screenshot of his lip's movement at
Excuse me but I find a bit unreliable and hard to believe that one would try to read the lips movement of an anime character, since animation frames used to animate a character's lips are always 2 or 3, and nothing more than that. You cannot really guess anything at all by reading something that doesn't make any sense. The camera was focused on Lelouch lips without any sound just to play with the viewer's imagination on what could C.C.'s name be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Why do people seemed to think that just because one of the chest pawns pieces was named Lancelot, then it's automatically an Arthurian styled anime?
Well excuse me if I try to use some logic and associate names with other facts/elements from other sources, heh. What's wrong in assuming that part of the characters or themes have been "borrowed" from a potential source? We're speculating, you know.
Old 2006-12-23, 06:28   Link #312
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Eventhough it's only a 50/50 chance true that ep 14 will be called Geass vs Geass, if indeed that happens, then I'll put my money on Lelouch vs Schneizel. The vibes are getting more clearer on ep 10. Haven't seen 11 yet, but I'm glad we're seeing a Lelouch x C.C here.
Didn't that blue colored scan of CC confirm the titles?

edit this: http://img110.imageshack.us/my.php?i...3709886so6.jpg
Even to me is looks like 2 same words are written in epo 14 title.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2006-12-23, 08:45   Link #313
quina

It is Geass vs Geass.

And another geass user is a boy named "Mao", I won't spoil more than this.
Old 2006-12-23, 09:08   Link #314
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Why not? This is the SPOILER thread is it not?

Old 2006-12-23, 11:28   Link #315
JediNight
キズランダム

Yeah that flyer says "Geass tai Geass" aka Geass vs. Geass. The Ep15 title then mentions Mao in it.
Old 2006-12-23, 17:25   Link #316
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Eventhough it's only a 50/50 chance true that ep 14 will be called Geass vs Geass, if indeed that happens, then I'll put my money on Lelouch vs Schneizel.
Why only 50/50 chance? I'd like know because I update the Wikipedia entry on new Code Geass episode titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
There's nothing really that interesting on the scan besides what has already been shown.

Her name is C.C., she lives in the club house and joins in on Black Knight missions. She looks about 16, but her real age is unknown. She is female. Her birthday, blood type, and race are unknown. Her eyes are golden while her hair is light green-colored.

Her weakness is that it'd trouble her if Lelouch died. She likes pizzas and hates jokes. Her attire includes her straitjacket/constricting clothes and Lelouch's clothes. Her hobby is collecting those pizza point pieces. Her special abilities are communicating via mysterious electromagnetic waves and immortality.

Her personality feels as if nothing can agitate her. She only replies straightforwardly to Lelouch during their conversations. She seems to be moving toward some sort of a goal.

Stage 12: Zero and the Order of Black Knights meet a representative from Kyoto, which supports the Resistance from the shadows.

Stage 13: The Britannian Army begins its campaign against the Japan Liberation Front. Lelouch plans to assassinate Cornelia during the chaos, but the Lancelot that Suzaku pilots appears before him.

Stage 14: Shirley sees Lelouch's secret, so what will she do now, knowing his secret? Then a mysterious boy named Mao appears in front of Lelouch.

Stage 15: Mao's target is C.C. and he lures C.C. away from Lelouch. Lelouch and Mao's showdown begins. What's the end result of this battle of minds?

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Old 2006-12-23, 17:50   Link #317
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Well i just used it as an example to confirm the ep titles we've been debating if they're real or not for a while Oh And tnx for the other info too

Old 2006-12-23, 22:44   Link #318
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
Stage 13: The Britannian Army begins its campaign against the Japan Liberation Front. Lelouch plans to assassinate Cornelia during the chaos, but the Lancelot that Suzaku pilots appears before him.
I thought Lelouch's main objective was to capture and interrogate Cornelia to find out the truth behind his mother's death Is it now at the point where he just wants to wipe them all out regardless of the situation?

Quote:

You already answered that question.

Morale.

Lelouch is basically the only thing that's keeping the Black Knights in order and strong. They can't survive without him, they'll disperse and fall into chaos if he dies. Much like the phrase from We Were Soldiers, "Sir if you go down we all go down."

That and as we all know, Lelouch isn't exactly a great fighter. Sure he's a great tactician but he's nowhere on the same level as Cornelia, Jeremiah or Sukzua in combat skills so it's wise for him to stay out of the hot spots and get Karen to do it for him.
Old 2006-12-23, 22:51   Link #319
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Basically in chess terms, Lelouch is the King. Checkmate Lelouch and The Order of Black Knights is defeated.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
Stage 14: Shirley sees Lelouch's secret, so what will she do now, knowing his secret? Then a mysterious boy named Mao appears in front of Lelouch.
About this, I'm guessing that Shirley will at first be shocked that Lulu = Zero, but I think she'll come to believe that it is just like the Lulu she fell in love with to help the weak, and decide to become his supporter from the shadows, without confronting him about her discovery.

Last edited by Village Idiot; 2006-12-24 at 02:14.
Old 2006-12-24, 06:49   Link #320
c^2

I think it is more likely that Shirley will discover Lulu living with a certain cute green-haired girl. It is unlikely to stay hidden forever, especially when he is living on the school grounds.

Either way, it will be interesting to watch it play out.
Closed Thread

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers