AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-02, 05:47   Link #101
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
A pretty solid first episode. Nothing too amazing, but just a nice episode. Looking forward to seeing the approach they are taking with this one. Think it might be nice for each girl to get her full story instead of picking a main girl and then kind of working the other girls in though having them fall back near the end. Seems like an obvious comparison, but did like how KimiKiss was handled.

Was surprised just how depressed Junichi was to start the series. I mean sure he was stood up a couple years ago, but kind of crazy how he is still affected by it to that degree. Geeze he could end up in some severe depression after the confession in this episode was shot down.

Still a pretty likable cast from this first impression. Haruka was a pretty fun character as well. A solid job of shooting down the confession with reasoning behind it.
Old 2010-07-02, 06:11   Link #102
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Kinda refreshing to see a show with no blatant gimmicks. The girls are hot too. Definitely sticking to this, though, like someone said, will this kind of narrative work out?
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 06:13   Link #103
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
though, like someone said, will this kind of narrative work out?
I guess it really depends on how each arc will start, i mean it's obvious at the start of the first one we'd get little introductions into pretty much all of the main heroines, and i'm just wondering if the following arcs will do the same. Would feel a little bit repetitive if they did.
Old 2010-07-02, 06:14   Link #104
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
if the guy turned ot like guy in school days ill fukin wont watch drama related anime evr again
I don't blame you hehe ..

I think the winner will be the girl before op..She didn't show up and didn't give him reason for not coming the date ...
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 06:17   Link #105
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
I think the winner will be the girl before op..She didn't show up and didn't give him reason for not coming the date ...
Looks like you don't know, but each girl will have their own arc in this series, one after another. There's no single heroine winning here, as we'll see each of their routes animated. Everyone of them will be a winner.
Old 2010-07-02, 06:32   Link #106
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Looks like you don't know, but each girl will have their own arc in this series, one after another. There's no single heroine winning here, as we'll see each of their routes animated. Everyone of them will be a winner.
I know about that but i'm talking about the first date with Junichi..before two years ago. =p
Old 2010-07-02, 06:42   Link #107
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombo View Post
I know about that but i'm talking about the first date with Junichi..before two years ago. =p
No, you were talking about a 'winner', where there won't be one here. The date two years ago is just apart of Haruka's arc.
Old 2010-07-02, 06:49   Link #108
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
No, you were talking about a 'winner', where there won't be one here. The date two years ago is just apart of Haruka's arc.
Ok i got it now...
So sad I wish if there's only one.. not all
Old 2010-07-02, 07:03   Link #109
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
I guess it really depends on how each arc will start, i mean it's obvious at the start of the first one we'd get little introductions into pretty much all of the main heroines, and i'm just wondering if the following arcs will do the same. Would feel a little bit repetitive if they did.

Yeah, it's best if they delve straight into the heroine's background for subsequent arcs.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 07:34   Link #110
Jerseykid

The agony of defeat. I like any school romance stuff so i'll be watching this one.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 07:37   Link #111
Crontica

Yes another hahaharem anime. *shoves sword into abdomen*
Old 2010-07-02, 07:46   Link #112
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Yes another hahaharem anime. *shoves sword into abdomen*
& if you would read how this show is being handled, you'd know that it's not a harem anime.
Old 2010-07-02, 08:01   Link #113
ninja_pintu

I feel sorry for junichi. Poor kid. His love life is traumatic.
Old 2010-07-02, 08:12   Link #114
RedWing

Pretty standard VN affair here but, impressive nonetheless. The idea of him being stood up having such a big impact does seem a little, off, but we'll see how they go on. Was definitely a solid, enjoyable episode - character designs are pretty good. I was very happy to see no extreme exaggerations, no girl's with back breaking busts or super short girls. Main character came off quite human, which was good to see, no exaggerated flaws or qualities, but for VN adaptations of this type it seems to be as expected.

I must say however I am a bit worried about the idea that this show might treat the girls like a conveyor belt - deal with one character forge her, next girl, ad nauseam.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 08:48   Link #115
ichobi

I am liking how it handles the narrative and that it won't follow the stupid ending of Kimikiss (my bias there but ok you catch the drift.)

So is Amagami a dating sim game or a visual novel? I think it's not the same thing. If it's a VN is there a translated version out there somewhere?
ichobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 08:59   Link #116
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichobi View Post
I am liking how it handles the narrative and that it won't follow the stupid ending of Kimikiss (my bias there but ok you catch the drift.)

So is Amagami a dating sim game or a visual novel? I think it's not the same thing. If it's a VN is there a translated version out there somewhere?
It's a dating sim for the PS2.
Old 2010-07-02, 09:30   Link #117
ichobi

Thanks. Gona dig up me ps2 from the grave
ichobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 10:58   Link #118
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

First thing I did after watching the episode was to check if the little sister has a route, but nope . Such a shame, especially since it's so obvious she has a brother complex.

That was a decent first episode, nothing too great, but nothing bad either. Classic start for a VN adaptation. All the girls seem likeable, though so far my favorite is still Haruka (followed closely by Miya now). I wonder who the girl who dumped Junichi two years ago is, and if we'll ever see her in the anime.

The amazing voice cast adds a lot to the enjoyment of the series. I enjoyed Asumi Kana's performance a lot here.

Quote:
Kaoru's hair animated is so *_____*.
I thought the anime toned down the sex hair quite a bit. Not enough detail. It's to be expected, I know, but still disappointing.
Old 2010-07-02, 11:44   Link #119
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
& if you would read how this show is being handled, you'd know that it's not a harem anime.
Though to some people, just having a whole bunch of girls around the protagonist = harem anime. Which isn't necessarily wrong either...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 11:49   Link #120
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
First thing I did after watching the episode was to check if the little sister has a route, but nope . Such a shame, especially since it's so obvious she has a brother complex.
Just because she doesn't have a route doesn't mean she can't be featured in doujins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I thought the anime toned down the sex hair quite a bit. Not enough detail. It's to be expected, I know, but still disappointing.
Yeah it knew it was going to be toned down going by the anime promotional art and pv, though still it's better and nothing, and it still delivered. <3

But yeah it's a shame her hair isn't as awesome as it should be. My sig image for example. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Though to some people, just having a whole bunch of girls around the protagonist = harem anime. Which isn't necessarily wrong either...
Yeah you have a point there, i just want to make it clear on that path this series is going to take, because there's going to be quite a number of people who have just checked this show out and not know about it.

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen