AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-06-27, 15:11   Link #21
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

I'm sure there are other VA's that can be loud and playsome. Besides Tanaka doing 2 big shows.. I don't see it happening. Isn't she like 70+ already?

Edit: seems like she's almost 55
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-27, 15:14   Link #22
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Don't most VA work on several shows at once? I don't know how old she is, I was just taking her voice into account. I'm sure there will be other suitable voices, I just can't think of any right now.
Old 2009-06-27, 17:06   Link #23
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
Don't most VA work on several shows at once? I don't know how old she is, I was just taking her voice into account. I'm sure there will be other suitable voices, I just can't think of any right now.
There are many! Chika Sakamoto, Mayumi Yamaguchi, even Mamiko Noto and Yui Sakakibara could pull it off.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 03:10   Link #24
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I'm hoping that they won't end it like Rave ;_;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 04:32   Link #25
game2007

Rave's sudden ending always struck me as strange. I mean, it follows the manga faithfully, but then it came to an abrupt ending after the first visit to Symphonia and fighting the Oracien Seis for no reason...
game2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 04:50   Link #26
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by game2007 View Post
Rave's sudden ending always struck me as strange. I mean, it follows the manga faithfully, but then it came to an abrupt ending after the first visit to Symphonia and fighting the Oracien Seis for no reason...
For no reason? I just thought there wasn't any more manga material to animated. There's plenty more since that time though.

Or you have to keep in mind that only a set amount of episodes was announced, so they decided to end it with anime original material.
Old 2009-06-28, 17:10   Link #27
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I hear that with Rave, the budget for the anime simply ran out (something similar happened with Inuyasha)... I don't remember the exact details, but I don't think it had to do with the manga not being out

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 20:12   Link #28
paladinenvec

The only reasons i'll see this will be Lucy and Erza (or its Elza?)xDD.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 21:51   Link #29
Lostdreams

Woot!!!... It feels weird that this manga is turning into an anime.
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 05:36   Link #30
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinenvec View Post
The only reasons i'll see this will be Lucy and Erza (or its Elza?)xDD.
LOL, the ONLY reasons?

It's a shounen anime, you know? It's about courage and friendship, intense battles, engaging story, etc. If you want to watch pretty girls there are plenty of other shows.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be an ass, but I find it funny that people care ONLY about pretty girls even in shounen shows.
Old 2009-06-29, 05:39   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I'm sorry, I don't mean to be an ass, but I find it funny that people care ONLY about pretty girls even in shounen shows.
For all you know, paladinenvec may not only like them just because they are good looking. He may even class them as his favorite characters, and that having nothing to do with them being female.
Old 2009-06-29, 05:42   Link #32
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
For all you know, paladinenvec may not only like them just because they are good looking. He may even class them as his favorite characters, and that having nothing to do with them being female.
Fair enough, but it's probably not the case. If he likes them for their qualities, then the male characters posses those qualities as well, so I doubt it has nothing to do with their looks.

Anyway, I'm sorry if I sounded offensive, it's just that reading such comments makes me think they're superficial.
Old 2009-06-29, 22:08   Link #33
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
OMG I'm so happy ^-^ I was a huge fan of RAVE from back in the day I was hoping for an anime version of this

Quote:
Nope I only care about the hot guys j/k...partly true...>.> The art and animation quailty take into it as well
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 23:46   Link #34
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Well, Erza, in addition to being a looker, is rather powerful as well... I can't say any more, as you'll have to read he manga to find out what else is appealing about Erza

as for me, I'll be looking forward to what I look forward to in the manga: tons of idiocy by half the cast, and then tons of asskiciking when the chac=racters decide to Get Serious (or basically what you find in shounen shows... though I must admit, I like it when the guys are doing the asskicking more)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 03:30   Link #35
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Well, Erza, in addition to being a looker, is rather powerful as well... I can't say any more, as you'll have to read he manga to find out what else is appealing about Erza

as for me, I'll be looking forward to what I look forward to in the manga: tons of idiocy by half the cast, and then tons of asskiciking when the chac=racters decide to Get Serious (or basically what you find in shounen shows... though I must admit, I like it when the guys are doing the asskicking more)
Yeah, that's pretty much my reason as well - good old-fashioned ass-kicking with an emotional charge.
Old 2009-06-30, 04:01   Link #36
paladinenvec

Quote:
LOL, the ONLY reasons?

It's a shounen anime, you know? It's about courage and friendship, intense battles, engaging story, etc. If you want to watch pretty girls there are plenty of other shows.

Hey hey don't get me wrong , actually Erza it's a cool character =P their battles are pretty interesting , obviously Natsu will get the boss but she's strong and can take care of herself not to mention that his development has been interesting.
I don't like most of the male principal characters simply because at this point of the manga they seem to be pretty plain, obviously i got some laughs when Gray and Natsu are together, but i'm always waiting to see more Erza than Natsu or Gray =P,
Spoiler:
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 04:09   Link #37
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Pop a post when a trailer comes out, which would be in...about how long?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 05:39   Link #38
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Pop a post when a trailer comes out, which would be in...about how long?
Well it's set to air in the fall season, so i say by next month or so.
Old 2009-06-30, 06:05   Link #39
KK1412
JOEY! WHERE'S MY COFFEE!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnymX View Post
It seems no one wants too make a thread for this awesome Anime. Well in that case I will do it instead.

Genre: Shounen, Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy
Animation Production: A-1 Pictures and Satelight
Expected Release Date: Fall 2009?

Synopsis for the manga: A young sorceress, Lucy Heartfilia, travels to the land of Fiore to join the magical Fairy Tail Guild. Along the way, she meets Natsu Dragneel, a teenage boy looking for a dragon named Igneel. Shortly after their meeting, Lucy is abducted by Bora of Prominence, who was posing as Salamander of Fairy Tail, to be sold as a slave. Natsu rescues her and reveals that he is the real Salamander and has the skills of a Dragon Slayer. He offers her membership into the guild, which she accepts, and they become a team performing various missions for the Fairy Tail guild.

Really excited about this and to boosts things up it's done by A-1 Pictures and Satelight. Which came like a surprise. I never expected them to do this kind of adaptation.

Will edit the post when better scan or new information appears.
Noooooo FFFFF******** way is this real?!?!??!?!

omg.....for sooo sooo long I've been waiting for this
KK1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 06:49   Link #40
SemperMalum

YES!

I was waiting for this!

Fairy Tail the anime! One of my favorite manga is finally getting an adaptation. I'm just estatic.
SemperMalum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen