AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Old 2011-10-24, 07:21   Link #1081
Sides

So I guess from next week on, we get less time jumping.
BTW the head maid(?) form the Hondas, is she an android/doll or human?
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 08:52   Link #1082
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
BTW the head maid(?) form the Hondas, is she an android/doll or human?
from what I saw on raw (and chara description), it looks like kazuno is an automaton like musashi.
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 09:06   Link #1083
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Toori View Post
from what I saw on raw (and chara description), it looks like kazuno is an automaton like musashi.
Really I thought they were all just ninja maids?...
Old 2011-10-24, 09:12   Link #1084
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I think all automatons share the same lack of emotions and the commonalities in attire (yes, even P-01s), so by now it should be easy to spot which is human and which is automaton.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 09:49   Link #1085
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi Toori View Post
and I'm still confused with that asamachi cover, isn't cover for BD1 is P-01s?
That's the cover of the first short-story novel included with the BD releases of Horizon.
Old 2011-10-24, 10:38   Link #1086
ninja_pintu

hmm... looks like horizon's preorder rankings suddenly went up after episode 4. Must be the maids
Old 2011-10-24, 11:31   Link #1087
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Yeah, number 17 currently, up from 23 just two hours ago.
Old 2011-10-24, 12:26   Link #1088
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
That's the cover of the first short-story novel included with the BD releases of Horizon.
hoo so that was bonus short novel, ic..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_pintu
hmm... looks like horizon's preorder rankings suddenly went up after episode 4. Must be the maids
no, it's must be because Tadakatsu~

nice info though.
Old 2011-10-24, 12:30   Link #1089
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

question for those who already read the novel

Spoiler for Q:

Quote:
really really good news, I hope in the end the BD sales won't end up so bad like S7
Old 2011-10-24, 12:31   Link #1090
tsunade666

Quote:

where can you look those preorder ranking?
Old 2011-10-24, 13:17   Link #1091
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
click here, and it's on number 14 now~
Old 2011-10-24, 13:34   Link #1092
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
really really good news, I hope in the end the BD sales won't end up so bad like S7
It won't, it should have already sold over 4,000 copies based on Amazon Stalker points. S7 only moved 2,018 copies lifetime on record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Including what Aoi posted, you can use Amaran on rankbank, or you can just look that rankings up on Amazon.jp. That said, neither one is as good as Amazon Stalker, which is what Aoi posted.
Old 2011-10-24, 14:07   Link #1093
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Kazuno was so awesome taking on that mech by herself. So i'm guessing a war is breaking out and then the Aoi and his friends will get involved in it.
Old 2011-10-24, 17:19   Link #1094
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
question for those who already read the novel

Spoiler for Q:
Spoiler for A:
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 22:49   Link #1095
serpiente

So this new ending marks the end of an arc? We had, one by one, chapters centered around key characters and their thoughts and impressions from dusk till down of that day. And that day was important cause it was the last day of their "normal" lifes. And the older men are saying kind of goodbye, and letting the world in hands of the younger generation, at least in Far East.

If we dont pay attention to the emotionless way of talking of P-01s, one could say that her behaviour is that of an innocent girl, waving goodbye to ships and little creatures alike and asking about everything she sees, as if she were learning of the world of adults...

Im not an english speaking person but I heard this "spirited away" expression being mentioned here and there (not sure of the meaning of the expression), the phenomena of the Lord´s Concealing. It has to be with some sort of passage to a different plane of existence, maybe an spiritual stratos?

And the Emperor, has he appeared yet? like, between the characters from the OP (or the explanation segment at the end of eP 01). Would he be a beautiful woman too?
serpiente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 22:59   Link #1096
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ The Emperor has a 50% chance of not appearing. Since Azuma is half-god, it is certain that either his mother or his father is a god.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 00:34   Link #1097
Kunagisa

YOU GUYS ARE CRAZYYYYYYYYYY (except Suzuku).

The one minute in this episode just @*#)*$ owned every other series of fall in terms of animation quality AND choreography combined. Kazuno the Will of the Blades (there has to be a League of Legend player in here ... right? even though I don't play ) is crazy badass. The music matched so damn well with the scene. I know crapton of people came back to the series just for this scene.

From the stream I watched, the lesser known people just basically said Sunrise dumped all their money for this series as opposed to Age, which although I enjoy, I also had to lmao at how stupid the 2 giant eggs as propellers in episode 3. The series also made tall promises at the 3 episode mark, and just fell on its ass spectacularly in terms of PR department (thanks applejuice!), but point being, AGE fans drooled for this kind of quality.

TL;DR: the scene is not just "good", it's bloody amazing!!!

And guess what ... Horizon fans reciprocated!!!

Other posts mentioned how the ranking basically racked up like crazy, but everyone need to understand that 100th to 50th is a crazy ton easier to achieve than say 20th to 10th (because this is cumulative for all the sales including non-anime). Right now Horizon is back to 11th. I'm not sure if you guys understand how awesome this is considering everyone following online knew that Episode 4 is only the "pre-hype", Episode 5 is the main dish.

These stats are before TMX (Tokyo), TSA (Nagoya), and TVS (Saitama)'s airings at late Monday night/early Tuesday morning (which is at 1:30 instead of the shit hour at 3am on MBS, which the earliest broadcast), and that means Monday night is the main time slot.

Spoiler for Block of texts:

I cannot repeat how amazing this is before the Monday airing (oh wait I just did). Now after the airing, this went all the way back up to 11 (the highest it ever got was Episode 1, which was the 10th). Finally, this over took Persona 4 again-the series without a doubt is going to be the king of sales (I can't include F/Z in the discussion because it's pretty much unpredictable for this kind of discussion with its box sale method) unless Horizon pulls some crazy crap out of its ass. What is assuring is not ONLY the first sale got a huge boost, all the other ones did too. While animate ranking is not accurate, it does provide nice source of reference.

Spoiler for more pictures:

LOOK AT THAT (EVERY SINGLE ONE OF 'EM ARE RANKED), even on stalker, all of them are within 100. I'm laughing so hard right now. I've said this before and I'll say it again. A quality series will stand on its own with haters (this board is actually REALLY, REALLY TAME in terms of hate; in other boards, Horizon fans get so much shit from the two particular other groups for the fall season who basically treat their love like the best thing ever since chocolate chip cookies).

Maybe it's a difference in culture. In the Asian boards, people who don't get it will dig up more info to understand, and Kawakami's writing is one of such that the more you read the more you love and get addicted. Owari no Chronicle readers pretty much fangasms at just simple mentioning of Tes (the usual group failed to translate this right again ...) and seeing Kazuno (all robots have certain degree of gravity control power, and they all originated from 3rd G in OnC). People who don't get the anime are increasingly decreasing thank you to FABULOUS PEOPLE (or person in this forum, you guys who know that is!) on various boards that give more insight to the story to help people get into the series. Honestly, most of the novel readers don't understand even half of wtf's going on when reading novel 1. Sunrise did a fabulous job with this adaptation thus far, and too bad many Western audiences just drop this for invalid reasons without waiting for the story to play out (unlike Asian fans who don't seem to mind waiting after people tell them this will get better). All I can say is that those people are truly missing out.

Honestly, we (as in other Horizon fans following the sales) are just crazy ecstatic, which is actually really bad if Episode 5 fails hardcore and falls on its ass, but we shall see this weekend ...

EDIT: Yeah I fail in English for using 'crazy' and 'awesome' excessively in this post ;__;.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2011-10-25 at 00:46.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 00:46   Link #1098
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Kazuno~!

TBH I'm still a little fuzzing on the details of this series so far but hats just down to me not watching ep week in week out.

Think after ep 5 I'll have to rewatch to get a better idea of whats going on....but with BF3 and MW3 around the corner thats gonna prove pretty damn hard >__<

Still totally loving this series, the colour cast of characters is the real selling point and not to mention the totally awesome fight between Kazuno and giant mech!

Oh Kazuno~!

Now if only I got that type of action from Musashi as well I'd peg this as my favorite series of the year!

I'm also hoping Sakai can deliver on some real epic old geezer action(altho I think thats just probably gonna stay a pipe dream)
I've been hoping some of the old geezers are "epic old geezers" and I guess Sakai fits the bill.
Not like Dac-chan, who as it is has the massive build/look of epic warrior.
I myself prefer the more subtle epic old geezer in the way of the likes of Bradley and Fu from FMA.
Normal looking old geezer but give off a sense that you know they are just awesome!

KAZUNO~! <3
Old 2011-10-25, 01:18   Link #1099
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
KAZUNO~! <3
Kazuno x Solid Snake (come on they look almost exactly the same) OTP

Even Fukujun's "selling" this series too on his Ameba.

Supposedly according to others who are way more proficient at Japanese than yours truly, FukuJun has so many shows this season that he barely has time to eat, but he bought the book and reread the first 100 pages or so (the setting lol) like 3x over. Many viewers would also go to him for answers regarding the series as well. Most of his fans also seem to care the most about Horizon this season too cause of him. He obviously has more than one series (though I don't remember what other ones besides Working and Phi Brain), but he advertised for Horizon a couple times already.

His most recent messages alerting people Episode 4's show time might be a concern that people might've left after the 3 episode rule, or just simply telling people that Episode 4's awesome. He also reiterated episode 5's awesome like Kawakami too. Jouji Nakata (Pope Innocent) also mentioned how awesome the story is on his twitter (which I can't find now) previously. I mean these people are not even worried if they can find more jobs, so them spending time helping advertising pretty much show they genuinely like the series.

Can't wait till TAN sub later today then we can talk about the actual plot without discussing everything in spoilers.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 01:20   Link #1100
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Can anyone tell me who the bad guys are? It seems like its the lord the Hondas are working for.

Tags
action, fantasy, science fiction, sunrise