AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-04, 03:23   Link #101
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
Oh, sorry to revive this after so long. But I wanted to put in my two cents. ^_^

Scrapped Princess is another anime that I personally love and think is underrated. It ran for 24 episodes, but it's so good that it feels shorter, because when you get to the last episode, you'll wish there was more. ^__^

It's my favorite dub anime by far. I don't think I've even watched it with subtitles, actually.

Pacifica is voiced by Kari Wahlgren, who I was already a fan of from Tales of Symphonia, but her range is so awesome that I didn't even realize she was doing Pacifica's voice until I saw her name in the credits. ^_^
Captain Yoruichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 20:16   Link #102
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Kari Wahlgren is incredible with her vocal talent...

Spoiler for ending spoiler:

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 21:16   Link #103
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Don't be sorry about reviving an awesome thread dedicated to an amazing anime

Scrapped Princess recently came to my mind, as I was thinking of animes to rewatch - such an amazing series... Underrated, not very known, deep, simply spectacular.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 13:41   Link #104
Asleep

I loved Scrapped Princess. Bones, nice voice acting, sci-fi/fantasy, great characters.
Spoiler for spoiler for end:
I really liked that she
Spoiler for spoiler for Leo:
But really, it was all and all a pleasure to watch, and had one of the rare
Spoiler for spoiler for end 2:
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 01:05   Link #105
Saki_chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
Spoiler for spoiler for end:
Haha, is that really a spoiler?

Anyway, I agree. Scrapped Princess is a great anime. I've got the first three of the novels, too, although I've only had time to read the first one. -_- (Stupid homework...)
Saki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 14:31   Link #106
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saki_chan View Post
Haha, is that really a spoiler?

Anyway, I agree. Scrapped Princess is a great anime. I've got the first three of the novels, too, although I've only had time to read the first one. -_- (Stupid homework...)
Well I know some people
Spoiler for spoiler or ending?:
So I didn't want to reveal how it ends
Old 2008-10-10, 20:08   Link #107
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
Well I know some people
Spoiler for spoiler or ending?:
So I didn't want to reveal how it ends
In this case that ending was very appropiate. Why do you ask?
Spoiler:
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 22:09   Link #108
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
In this case that ending was very appropiate. Why do you ask?
Spoiler:
I know and I absolutely agree with you!
Spoiler for ending:

And I loved Zephiris. It was
Spoiler for ending spoiler for Zephy:
Old 2008-10-14, 00:06   Link #109
Saki_chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Saki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 23:33   Link #110
chaos_animagic

I just watched the last episode of Scrapped Princess - seem that the series isn't that popular... can't find much info on it...

The ending is nice and all... but...

Spoiler for Donno if anyone still haven't watch this series...:
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 23:46   Link #111
4Tran

Given that this show's over five years old, I don't see the need for spoiler tags :
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
I feel like they got the crap end of things... since they did lost 6000 years of technology and culture and language (English is lost, and how come only the Japanese survive?)...
They were kept in the olden years and did not allowed to develop and evolve because of the Peacemakers...
Pretty much, although the language they're using is more likely to be English than Japanese.

Quote:
Also... whatever happened to the "Humans/ Mankind" that was outside of the "Seal"? since they did say that the outside humans are trying to break the seal from outside... but we never did see what happened... (and it was for 5000 years... did they gave up or did the outside humans get wiped out by the aliens?)
I don't think that the outside world was ever expanded upon, but implication is that they're all dead. If they were still alive, then Mauser would have been far less worried by Pacifica, and we should have seen the interaction of the Outside humans with the Inside humans at the end of the show.

Quote:
LOL at Mauser girl talking about aliens saying Mankind is precious animals... than why don't they (the aliens) leave and not attack mankind instead?... that would solve everything... cause they were the reason the war started...
The aliens probably never wanted to exterminate mankind to begin with. It wouldn't be that different from us creating a nature preserve (or a zoo) to save the last few specimens of an animal species. In this case, humanity is a lot more dangerous, and the aliens never wanted to stick around. I'd imagine that if the newly released humans demonstrated that they were no threat, the aliens would leave them alone as well.
Old 2009-08-18, 23:59   Link #112
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

No need for spoiler tags? Keep in mind, there are still those out there who haven't seen the show despite its age (there are things out there that are over ten years old that I haven't seen, and could still be spoiled on), and therefore much of this stuff is still considered as spoilers...

but anyways...

Spoiler for still going to put in in a tag:

and on a side note, even though I haven't touched it in ages, the way things went with Shannon, along with the technology stuff, inspired me to write a fic using those as a basis for a little idea that I have yet to complete...

Old 2009-08-19, 00:31   Link #113
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
No need for spoiler tags? Keep in mind, there are still those out there who haven't seen the show despite its age (there are things out there that are over ten years old that I haven't seen, and could still be spoiled on), and therefore much of this stuff is still considered as spoilers...
Oh, don't get me wrong, I rather appreciate you taking the effort to put your points inside spoiler tags; it's just that I feel that they're unnecessary for a number of reasons. The first is that the point of spoiler tags is to keep people from being inadvertently spoilers. Since this is the discussion thread about a show that finished airing ages ago, I'd think that it should be expected that people would be discussing all aspects of the show; including the ending and any shocking developments. Also, someone who hasn't watched the show or is beginning to watch the show would be reading this thread from the beginning. Since the earlier posts already discuss the ending, then any reader would encounter the spoilers long before they get here.

For anime threads, use spoiler tags whenever you discuss any details about a different show, or if you're discussing material that hasn't been released in an English format. The exception is if the material is from a pre-existing like the original manga or novel, in which case that material shouldn't be discussed in the anime thread until it's been animated.

Quote:
yes, I always did wonder about fitting that piece back with the rest of the Earth... I know we'll never see a sequel, but it does leave a lot of questions, such as if people were wondering what the gaping hole in the world was, and also, when it was put back into place, how it going back affected the rest of the world, if there even was any.
This might have been detailed in the original novels - the fourth of 13 volumes has just been released in English by Tokyopop.
Old 2009-08-19, 04:35   Link #114
klare

this show seems to be highly rated, it is on my watch list after i finish Hirugashi

been trying not to click the spoiler tags
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 06:03   Link #115
npcomplete

Yes, it's an excellent show. One of my favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
This might have been detailed in the original novels - the fourth of 13 volumes has just been released in English by Tokyopop.
Do the novels go beyond the anime?
npcomplete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 11:22   Link #116
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

The novels are... different from the anime, in that they do cover bases that the anime never covered. I haven't personally read any of them, so I'm just going on what I've heard

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
this show seems to be highly rated, it is on my watch list after i finish Hirugashi

been trying not to click the spoiler tags

and 4Tran, here's a perfect example of why even ending spoilers about a show that's been over for years probably need to be in tags... (though klare is probably going to start from page one as it is...)

Old 2009-08-19, 19:37   Link #117
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Pretty much, although the language they're using is more likely to be English than Japanese.
But... in the anime, when they were in the
Spoiler for which language is it:

Quote:
The aliens probably never wanted to exterminate mankind to begin with. It wouldn't be that different from us creating a nature preserve (or a zoo) to save the last few specimens of an animal species. In this case, humanity is a lot more dangerous, and the aliens never wanted to stick around. I'd imagine that if the newly released humans demonstrated that they were no threat, the aliens would leave them alone as well.
As you said... "Humanity is a lot more dangerous... Humans demonstrated that they were no threat"... This basically goes against what Mauser said...
Spoiler for What Mauser said in the last episode:

Quote:
I'll always be upset about Ciz's fate
Spoiler for Cz's fate:
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 21:44   Link #118
PastPrime

Quote:
Spoiler for Cz's fate:
Spoiler:
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 22:12   Link #119
4Tran

Quote:
and 4Tran, here's a perfect example of why even ending spoilers about a show that's been over for years probably need to be in tags... (though klare is probably going to start from page one as it is...)
While this thread tends to be fairly late in getting into the ending spoilers, they start at about post 30-40. Anyone reading this thread is going to get spoiled anyways, so why should we go through post after post of spoiler tags?

Quote:
But... in the anime, when they were in the engine room... they didn't know how to read English and even asked what language that was... and that other girl had a piece of paper to see what the words are...
Cool. It's been about four years since I've actually watched the show.

Quote:
As you said... "Humanity is a lot more dangerous... Humans demonstrated that they were no threat"... This basically goes against what Mauser said... she said the alien think Humanity is "precious"... Precious does not equal no Threat...
The Alien attacked cause of "Threat" and not to "preserve mankind"...
Basically the Alien tricked Mauser to doom her own kind, stupid girl...
That's sort of my point - that as long as humanity does not pose itself as a threat to the aliens, they are likely to leave humanity alone.
Old 2009-08-19, 22:19   Link #120
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
While this thread tends to be fairly late in getting into the ending spoilers, they start at about post 30-40. Anyone reading this thread is going to get spoiled anyways, so why should we go through post after post of spoiler tags?

Cool. It's been about four years since I've actually watched the show.

That's sort of my point - that as long as humanity does not pose itself as a threat to the aliens, they are likely to leave humanity alone.

Humanity is no threat till it reaches the space age again. as soon as humanity becomes competition like last time it will be a threat.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen