AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-12-13, 11:14   Link #21
kyouray
2D > 3D

New sets of chara-design pictures on Dengeki Online : 1 & 2
Old 2008-12-13, 13:30   Link #22
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Not bad. Maybe because of the simplicity of anime version that gives me the inferior feeling compare to the manga.
Old 2008-12-18, 17:19   Link #23
Shadow Kira01

Saki

The site haven't been updated yet and the banner it promotes doesn't work either. It's blank..

Spoiler:

This mahjong anime seems to feature a nice seiyuu cast. Surprisingly, Fukuyama Jun will finally voice the protagonist of a romantic comedy instead of the usual antagonistic charismatic leader. On the contrary, before Code Geass, his roles weren't antagonistic either..

Last edited by Shadow Kira01; 2008-12-18 at 17:22. Reason: added link and banner
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 03:24   Link #24
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to shomazta Send a message via MSN to shomazta Send a message via Yahoo to shomazta
what do you mean it's blank? next to that banner is html code to place on your own sites in order to promote the saki site, that banner isn't meant to link to anything elsewhere...
Old 2008-12-19, 03:34   Link #25
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
This mahjong anime seems to feature a nice seiyuu cast. Surprisingly, Fukuyama Jun will finally voice the protagonist of a romantic comedy instead of the usual antagonistic charismatic leader. On the contrary, before Code Geass, his roles weren't antagonistic either..
From what I've read Jun's character in this is kinda similar to his one in Angelic Layer and I really wouldn't classify this as being in the romantic genre... but things could change later on.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 11:18   Link #26
kyouray
2D > 3D

Two color pictures of the chara-design : Saki & Nodoka
Old 2008-12-25, 12:53   Link #27
Falkor

looking at the character designs more closely, they seem fairly close to the manga. I mean, the sketches don't look that bad. I can't quite point out what's the problem I'm having, perhaps it's just the eye designs that seem so odd to me.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 14:44   Link #28
Falkor

Toua uploaded some trailers from Comiket 75, including one of Saki with actual footage of the anime:

It turned out better than I thought. 3D animated mahjong has a charm on its own. But as far as this adaptation goes, I'm getting my hopes up--they even kept the over-top craziness of the manga (latter half of the trailer)--and if this serves of any hint, it may be worth checking out.

Finally, something done by Gonzo that I'm really looking forward to watch when it comes out...
Old 2008-12-28, 17:20   Link #29
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Character designs are... as thought, a bit on that side, but it looks potentially interesting. Some weird things happening near the end though... ???

I guess it all depends on how the story will be... Gonzo, after all... That Vampire+Rosa... No, nevermind...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 18:39   Link #30
Rias

The trailer is actually pretty good...better looking than the sketches before. Showing Komoro might suggest that it's actually going to be more than 12-14 epsiodes (?)
Old 2008-12-28, 21:14   Link #31
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Character designs are... as thought, a bit on that side, but it looks potentially interesting. Some weird things happening near the end though... ???

I guess it all depends on how the story will be... Gonzo, after all... That Vampire+Rosa... No, nevermind...
I can't see the connection here, except for Gonzo. Different director, different animation director, different screenplay, etc. In order words, the whole casts are different.

Quote:
It turned out better than I thought. 3D animated mahjong has a charm on its own. But as far as this adaptation goes, I'm getting my hopes up--they even kept the over-top craziness of the manga (latter half of the trailer)--and if this serves of any hint, it may be worth checking out.
Maybe more than the manga, but it's one of the selling point to me.
Old 2008-12-29, 01:05   Link #32
Shadow Kira01

Trailer looks good..

I had always been wondering why there isn't a mahjong anime and here it is. Cool!
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 07:19   Link #33
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
Gonzo is borrowing visuals straight from Madhouse. That looked a lot better than the still frame character designs though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
Trailer looks good..

I had always been wondering why there isn't a mahjong anime and here it is. Cool!
There are a few of them out there already: Akagi and one from the 90's which the name of escapes me.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 12:08   Link #34
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Just for the record, ever heard of Kaiji? It's totally, totally different in style from Saki, but its about mahjong
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 12:44   Link #35
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Funny trailer.
They seem to over doing it a lot.
I just hope that won't make the plot to drag forever.
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 17:42   Link #36
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Just for the record, ever heard of Kaiji? It's totally, totally different in style from Saki, but its about mahjong
Kaiji is not about mahjong, though...
Old 2008-12-29, 20:28   Link #37
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
Kaiji is not about mahjong, though...
The last arc of Kaiji is about mahjong, but yes.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 23:51   Link #38
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

whoops, I always get the names mixed. I meant Akagi.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 00:56   Link #39
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

They wont do stupid like something like yu gi oh, where the main characters always draw the right card at the right time (believe in the "heart of the card" BS), right???

Sorry not a manga reader, but just curious
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 01:10   Link #40
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
They wont do stupid like something like yu gi oh, where the main characters always draw the right card at the right time (believe in the "heart of the card" BS), right???

Sorry not a manga reader, but just curious
Do you know anything about Mahjong? It's a game that depends heavily on luck, even with all of your calculations and experience.
So you will get that kind of thing, just minus the "believe in the heart of the card" (goddamn it, no matter how hard I believe in my card, it doesn't turn out right, hence I don't like Yugi, at all).

Tags
competition, mahjong, seinen