AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-09-25, 19:50   Link #201
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Looking forward to Persona 4, Working!!, Chihayafuru, and Guilty Crown. Also am interested in Ben-To, Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai and a few others but I'm going to be quite busy so will have to see how much free time I have.

Want to finish the Shana trilogy but I can't motivate myself to finish the second season as I just lost interest in most of the characters
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 13:09   Link #202
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

There are lots of interesting shows this fall. The five at the top of my list are:
  • Chihayafuru -- A strong teen girl who is a brilliant prodigy at the Japanese poetry card game. The director of NANA animates a manga by Suetsugu Yuki, the terrific shoujo storyteller who was banished for a while for copying frames from other mangas.
  • Un-Go -- Director Mizushima Seiji did FMA, Gundam00, and Hanamaru Kindergarten. Writer Aikawa Shou did FMA, Ayakashi Ayashi and, under an alias, Simoun. Mysteries in a near-future postwar Tokyo.
  • Last Exile -- Ginyoku no Fam -- Sequel to the classic, featuring Toyosaki Aki and Yuuki Aoi darting through the sky together in their tiny (simoun-like) vespa.
  • Guilty Crown -- Violent romance/adventure, directed by Araki Tetsurou, who did Death Note, Kurozuka, and Highschool of the Dead. Highly professional writer Yoshino Hiroyuki did My-Hime, Macross Frontier, and Sora no Oto.
  • Kimi to Boku -- Slice-of-life comedy featuring a group of…high school boys! What a concept! Directed by Kanbe Mamoru, director of Elfen Lied and the underappreciated Denpateki na Kanojo. Adapted by Yoshida Reiko (Marimite, K-On, etc.) from a good manga.
There's a complete season preview on my blog, with detailed info about staff and cast members for about 30 new shows. I think the staff's past performance is the best way of guessing how good an anime will be.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 13:38   Link #203
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

This thread needs more love for Tamayura, the true SoL show to follow this season.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 14:25   Link #204
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
This thread needs more love for Tamayura, the true SoL show to follow this season.
The OVA made me fall asleep not once, but twice!
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 16:13   Link #205
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
The OVA made me fall asleep not once, but twice!
I'm guessing you were either tired or you're not a fan of that particular blend of SOL. I for one loved it, it reminded me of much of what made Aria so amazing and just for that it gets my undivided attention... That and Hidamari Sketch X SP. SOL is on a roll this season.
Old 2011-09-26, 16:55   Link #206
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Tamayura OVA didn't really do it for me, either. I didn't fall asleep, but I didn't watch past ep2 of the OVA. There somehow wasn't enough personality or relationship in the characters, to me. And I'm not that enamored with Taketatsu Ayana's voice acting, much as I enjoy her as a person.

But I'm not even that fond of ARIA, so perhaps I too am just not so much a fan of this particular kind of slice-of-life, as Dextro suggests. I love YKK, which I think of as archetypal SOL, and I like some of the more comic kinds, like A-Channel, Kanamemo, Seitokai no Ichizon, Seitokai no Yakuindomo, etc.

I'm still going to be there for episode one, however. Maybe the need to plot a whole series will inject something into the show.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 18:59   Link #207
jcdietz03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
There are lots of interesting shows this fall.
You said it brother. There are 13 on my list. I'm pretty sure that's a new record for me.
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 20:25   Link #208
Kirarakim

Right now my two most anticipated series are Chihayafuru & Kimi to Boku. I feel I am sort of alone in that regard.

The first because it sounds like a little like Hikaru no Go to me with a female lead & the second because it's a slice of life with an all male cast (a definite rarity).

But I might also check out

Guilty Crown: I am actually not that interested in the premise but I think this might be a fun show to watch with fandom

Tamayura: At first this was a must see because of Junichi Sato's involvement but opinions seem very mixed about this one. I have not seen the original OVA.

Hunter X Hunter: I did enjoy the manga at one time...but then again do I really want to start a series that I don't know how long it will end up being?

Un-Go: I do like mysteries but I am not sure about the concept of this one.
Old 2011-09-26, 20:36   Link #209
Puddingman

I didn't read the entire thread so I apologize if this has been answered already. What's up with more Lupin III? Did they spice up the animation and voices or something from the old one?
Old 2011-09-29, 00:03   Link #210
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

What do you think about Ad-Lib Anime Laboratory? No, you're not seeing things; this will be an ad-libbed anime. That is, the VA's (Kaori Fukuhara and Emiri Kato) will actually ad-lib lines along with a weekly guest (including Tomokazu Seki at one point), and then the animators will build the animation around that. From what I've heard, Akira and the more recent Red Garden actually had their dialog produced before the animation, but this is the first instance I've ever heard of an anime being fully built around ad-libbed dialog.

This probably won't get nearly as much notice as a lot of the shows mentioned here, and it could either become a ratings surprise or a horrible failure, but I have to give the creators here credit for taking a chance. It's nice to see some experimentation in today's anime world.
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 00:26   Link #211
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Majikoi is the one I'm most excited for right now. The manga is pretty cool, I just hope it gets a proper run and not 12 episodes of boobs and ass done.

Last edited by MAX_COLA_POWER!; 2011-09-29 at 02:10.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 14:16   Link #212
4Tran

The Summer season seems to be a lot better than the Fall season. The shows of note to me are:

Chihayafuru - shows the most promise of the new shows. It should be a nice combination of josei sensibilities and sports anime. It's unlikely to turn out poorly and I'll be surprised if any Fall shows are going to end up better than it.

Persona 4 - I want this show to be good, but I'm willing to settle for it being watchable. So far, I don't know if that's particularly likely, but I've got my fingers crossed.

Un-Go - the more promising of the noitaminA shows. There's a bit of potential for crash and burn, but maybe even more potential for high quality as well.

Guilty Crown - the more flashy of the noitaminA shows. The Code Geass potential is high for this show, and there's a high chance it'll be a disaster. Either way, it should be an entertaining watch.

Horizon - Who am I trying to kid? This show is going to be entertaining in a terrible way. The director of Dragonaut isn't going to let me down, so this is a definite watch.

The Sato Junichi shows - they're by Sato Junichi, so they're worth checking out.

Kimi to Boku - I'm up in the air about this show. It might be good if the creators can get some good character interaction.

Last Exile - This doesn't look good so far. It's going to be a skip unless buzz picks up.

Fate/Zero - is probably going to be bad. I don't know if it'll be watchable.

Yozakura Quartet OVA 3 - will probably be darned good.

Given this list, it looks like Hourou Musuko is a shoo-in as the second-best show of 2011. Chihayafuru looks pretty interesting, but it's unlikely to be nearly as good.
Old 2011-10-02, 21:22   Link #213
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Fate/Zero - is probably going to be bad. I don't know if it'll be watchable.
Why would you think that?
Old 2011-10-02, 22:42   Link #214
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
You only need to look at his choices as well as that negative outlook to figure out why.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 23:21   Link #215
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I didn't think that the Kara no Kyoukai movies were very interesting, and I don't see Fate/Zero being any better.
Old 2011-10-02, 23:53   Link #216
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

There's only two this season I'll be watching for sure...

Persona 4 - Love the game series to death. What more reason do I need to watch this?

Mirai Nikki - The manga was a very interesting read and I figure the anime adaptation deserves a look.

And I have a few under consideration, but probably won't watch them unless I'm fully convinced they'll be worth my time:

Guilty Crown - This one appears to be very hyped. I watched the teaser and it seems interesting enough, but everyone seems to put it in the likeness of Code Geass, which I've never watched.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - This one surprisingly seems to have a big following for whatever reason. It looks to me like just another generic romcom, but to have garnered quite a bit of attention from others has me intrigued.

Fate/Zero - I'm not a huge fan of the Fate series, but from what I have experienced of it, it was enjoyable enough. I might watch this if I have absolutely nothing else to do.
Old 2011-10-04, 02:27   Link #217
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Japan says Hi
Old 2011-10-04, 02:46   Link #218
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
LOL. Even though that's an old post (wrt AS), you all (the first page people) just became famous. (for a moment, I thought you all knew Japanese, amusing to read *again*, feel like different characters lol).

Last edited by larethian; 2011-10-04 at 03:00.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 03:32   Link #219
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Shall we do full circle?

Spoiler for posts 1-20:
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2011-10-04 at 04:06.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 03:35   Link #220
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

last exile is smelling yuri.. LOL.. or not..and it's aki and aoi to boot!! ahhh!!

-Fate Zero
-Lupin III
-Last Exile
-kyokai senjou no horizon
-Persona 4
-Ika MUsume S2

i might try the new gundam despite not knowing the plot..
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
series