AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-19, 20:13   Link #1
Vegard-gj

Wink :O The Best Romantic Anime ?

Ok... this is it.. i have little spare time.. ( to much work and school ...

Well anyway.. i wanne see a really good and romantic anime ..
some people say that KGNE is good, but some say that it sux..

Can someone tell me what THE BEST romantic anime is ?

.. dont list up 20 animes plz .. it just get's me confused :P
Old 2004-11-19, 20:23   Link #2
EV|RockLee
Rock Lee PWNz

Send a message via AIM to EV|RockLee Send a message via MSN to EV|RockLee
if you would call it romance, then Full Moon wo Sagashite. otherwise, Rose of Versailles.

KGNE will suck if you're a fan of one character, and it will be AWESOME if you're a fan of the other.

Last edited by EV|RockLee; 2004-11-19 at 20:54.
Old 2004-11-19, 20:38   Link #3
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard-gj
Ok... this is it.. i have little spare time.. ( to much work and school ...

Well anyway.. i wanne see a really good and romantic anime ..
some people say that KGNE is good, but some say that it sux..

Can someone tell me what THE BEST romantic anime is ?

.. dont list up 20 animes plz .. it just get's me confused :P
It's hard to say which one is the best since opinnions and tastes will differ.

In my opinion 3 very good romance series are

1. Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien : the best if you ask me
2. Da Capo
3. Kanon

And if you want tragedy/romance it's SaishuuHeiki Kanojo (Saikano) which beats them all but opnions on this one differ even more.
Old 2004-11-19, 20:53   Link #4
EV|RockLee
Rock Lee PWNz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
And if you want tragedy/romance it's SaishuuHeiki Kanojo (Saikano) which beats them all but opnions on this one differ even more.
While it was somewhat entertaining, i think the problem with it was that it basically just through you into such a depressing world, that it was annoying. the way things only get mroe and more and more and more and more depressing just leaves for it to feel very contrived.
Old 2004-11-19, 20:55   Link #5
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
if you want romantic series ..mushy stuff try Sailor moon All 200 eps ^_^
animation is great and the girls are cute
Old 2004-11-19, 20:57   Link #6
EV|RockLee
Rock Lee PWNz

that's not really romance, although it has romance in it. If someone DID feel like checking Sailor Moon out, i would tell them to watch SM Live Action, it's MUCH better than the anime (hard to believe, huh?)
Old 2004-11-20, 02:54   Link #7
AzureLight
I've Sound Freak

Send a message via ICQ to AzureLight Send a message via AIM to AzureLight Send a message via Yahoo to AzureLight
My vote for most romantic series goes to Futari H. H-anime with plot is so rare, and Futari H, although hypothetical, is actually educational.
Old 2004-11-20, 13:51   Link #8
Aquillion

It is a crime that this thread has gone on for so long without anyone mentioning Kare Kano. Because, I mean, that's the correct answer.
Old 2004-11-20, 14:11   Link #9
DrewGSR

I like KGNE
Old 2004-11-20, 14:17   Link #10
MGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquillion
It is a crime that this thread has gone on for so long without anyone mentioning Kare Kano. Because, I mean, that's the correct answer.
Absolutely.
Old 2004-11-20, 14:54   Link #11
LytHka
Banned

Heh, I don't see KGNE anywhere near the top. I truly thought it was going to be great because of the first two episodes, but all the bickering about one guy's feelings really made it crap for me. It's really an anime where you'll absolutely have to take a side with one of the characters.

My favourite:

1. Kanon
2. Da Capo
3. the upcoming AIR
Old 2004-11-20, 22:02   Link #12
tkn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquillion
I also agree. Kare Kano is the best romance anime ever made. The later episodes are a bit weak, but overall it is far superior to the rest of the stuff out there. I bought the DVD set without hesitation.

If you like the more shoujo style romance anime, Hana Yori Dango is particularly enjoyable. Very plain animation but a fun story.

There are a bunch of cleaned up H-game based series from last year and before that are enjoyable including Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, Da Capo, Kanon.

More mail oriented ones include Ai Yori Aoshi, Love Hina, Onegai Teacher. I generally find them weak, but not terrible.

I don't think there are any good romances this season, but I haven't been keeping close track. School Rumble seems to be more comedy than romance...
Old 2004-11-21, 06:10   Link #13
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkn
I also agree. Kare Kano is the best romance anime ever made. The later episodes are a bit weak, but overall it is far superior to the rest of the stuff out there. I bought the DVD set without hesitation.

If you like the more shoujo style romance anime, Hana Yori Dango is particularly enjoyable. Very plain animation but a fun story.

There are a bunch of cleaned up H-game based series from last year and before that are enjoyable including Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, Da Capo, Kanon.

More male oriented ones include Ai Yori Aoshi, Love Hina, Onegai Teacher. I generally find them weak, but not terrible.

I don't think there are any good romances this season, but I haven't been keeping close track. School Rumble seems to be more comedy than romance...
Hmm I wouldn't call Love Hina a true romance anime, there is a romantic story but it is more in the background in order to create funny situations, and there isn't that much development going on in the relationship.

School Rumble is not romance anime at all, Tenma's love for X (forgot the dude's name) and the tough guy's love for Tenma is merely the setting, School Rumble is pure comedy (and a good one at that)
Old 2004-11-21, 07:13   Link #14
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

Kare Kano!

Koi Kaze!

Though Fruits Basket wasn't a romace anime per say .. it did hit the sweet spot pretty hard.

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
Old 2004-11-21, 17:13   Link #15
tkn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Hmm I wouldn't call Love Hina a true romance anime, there is a romantic story but it is more in the background in order to create funny situations, and there isn't that much development going on in the relationship.

School Rumble is not romance anime at all, Tenma's love for X (forgot the dude's name) and the tough guy's love for Tenma is merely the setting, School Rumble is pure comedy (and a good one at that)
Yeah, Love Hina is definitely not a romance anime, just a romantic background. I was basically pointing out with regards to School Rumble, that there didn't seem to be any romance anime this season... At least nothing I've run across.
Old 2004-11-21, 17:39   Link #16
EV|RockLee
Rock Lee PWNz

i would say the LH manga is romance
Old 2004-11-21, 18:21   Link #17
Edgewalker
Nani ?

I also liked KGNE . Its nice and short too .
Old 2004-11-21, 19:34   Link #18
Vegard-gj

KGNE ... ok i started looking at it .. but wtf happens with episode 3 ?? everything have changed ? or have i downloaded another episode.. but got wrong name ?? :s..
Old 2004-11-22, 05:13   Link #19
DrewGSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard-gj
KGNE ... ok i started looking at it .. but wtf happens with episode 3 ?? everything have changed ? or have i downloaded another episode.. but got wrong name ?? :s..
No no. you got the right episode. Just keep watching and you'll will figure it all out. I had the same reaction too when i first saw the series lol. I was liek WTF is going on, I was like ok it jumped from one timeline to another lol. Just keep watching and you will be like "OHHHHH, ok i understand now".
Old 2004-11-22, 15:15   Link #20
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Rose of Versialles is BY FAR The most romantic, tragic and dramatic anime I've ever seen. It is a classic and if you ask me... A masterpiece. It is much Better than KGNE in my opinion and its characters are more complex. The story is also very well written: It happens in the middle of the French revolution. It has Lots of love, death and tragedy.

Just imagine this: A girl who was born in a very rich family. Her father was obsessed with having a boy in the family, but when he saw that his only child was girl he was very frustrated and then he decides to raise that girl as a man. The girl grows thinking like a man, she likes sword fighting, throwing punches, shooting guns and riding horses. When she turns 14 she is forced to become the personal guard of the Princes of France, the legendary Maria Antonieta. Everybody in the palace thinks she is a man. But one day she meets a very handsome man... She falls in love with him. Not knowing what to do with her feelings, and whether to throw away everything that she has been working for until the moment, she decides to keep her feelings to herself, instead of having to suffer her father's rage and possibility of getting killed by the King of France...

And so the most wonderful and well written Romantic history in anime starts.

And it has the saddest ending ever. A must watch!

The graphic quality of this anime is really good, although a bit hold... 1979...

Here is a picture of the main character (Oscar) the girl who was raised as a man:

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2004-11-22 at 15:44.
Closed Thread