Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-10-22, 23:14   Link #101
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Maestro View Post
Setsuna - Feldt(Gundam 00 Movie)
Yeah, I hated how the movie ended. Many fans would have enjoyed an epillogue focused on its characters than the principle. The principle has been driven in more than enough times.

Quote:
Layfon - Felli(Chrome Shelled Regios)
Actually, it is looking to be that way in the originally light novels where Layfon later develops romanitc feelings for Felli starting in volume 18 I think. Check out the translations on Baka Tsuki and even read the thread about the light novel here.

Quote:
Yusie - Aki(Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds)
Yes, I know, I hate how Yu-Gi-Oh never "officiates" a couple. Always the "we'll meet again" cliche, atleast for GX and 5D's.

Alright, I'll list some of my own:
Kurokami: The Animation: KeitaxKuro: I really hated the ending.

Spoiler for Kurokami ending:

Kampfer - NatsuruxShizuku: Shizuku was the best out the four girls. Now, I need to wait for the manga to end.

Yu-Gi-Oh GX - JudaixAsuka: Why didn't she confess?! It really took me awhile to get over this one.

Beyblade G-Revolution - TakaoxHiromi: I really liked the chemsitry between these two. Why do shows like this always shaft the couples in the end?

Tower of Druaga - JillxFatina: I really liked the bond that was forming between these two. To me, Kaaya had her chance and lost it. Like Fatina, Jill really should have moved on. I hated how he still was so fixated on her. Again, I have to wait for the manga.

This is all I have for the moment.
Old 2012-10-23, 11:01   Link #102
II Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2352 View Post
Yay! Someone who loves the Saito and Henrietta pairing.
I can't blame myself, Henrietta is the best for Saito.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Yeah, I hated how the movie ended. Many fans would have enjoyed an epillogue focused on its characters than the principle. The principle has been driven in more than enough times.
If only you know how excited I was thinking about this movie because of the great action scenes & thinking that SetsunaxFeldt will end-up together in the end of the movie but then Marina had to show-up & ruin my expectations.

Quote:
Actually, it is looking to be that way in the originally light novels where Layfon later develops romanitc feelings for Felli starting in volume 18 I think. Check out the translations on Baka Tsuki and even read the thread about the light novel here.
I Haven't read the LN of Chrome Shelled Regios.

Quote:
Yes, I know, I hate how Yu-Gi-Oh never "officiates" a couple. Always the "we'll meet again" cliche, atleast for GX and 5D's.
That's always been the case for Yu-Gi-Oh! They don't let the two end-up together by separating the two to follow their own path, although it's pretty obvious considering their feelings.

Quote:
Yu-Gi-Oh GX - JudaixAsuka: Why didn't she confess?! It really took me awhile to get over this one.
Man~! I forgot about this one pair. She plans to confess but can't say it. although it was at the tip of her tongue.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-24 at 00:38. Reason: Please edit rather than double-posting
II Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 12:54   Link #103
Kurohane

Quote:
If only you know how excited I was thinking about this movie because of the great action scenes & thinking that SetsunaxFeldt will end-up together in the end of the movie but then Marina had to show-up & ruin my expectations.
Well, Setsuna and Marina never had that kind of relationship. Setsuna said so himself in episode 22 of the second season. However, yeah, they left things with the characters so vague, it was really upsetting.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2012-12-22 at 23:42.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 00:35   Link #104
Byakou

I'm sure there are many I don't recall.

Witch hunter robin: Amon x Robin. Just seemed like the logical thing. Although it was not shown on-screen, I supposed that's how it ended up some years down the line.

Bleach: Ichigo x Rukia. I thought it would happen for sure. Again just seemed like the logical way it would go.

Blood+: Haji x Saya. It's kinda canon, but not really. Would have been nice to have it acknowledged officially.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 00:23   Link #105
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakou View Post
Bleach: Ichigo x Rukia. I thought it would happen for sure. Again just seemed like the logical way it would go.
Yay, a friend! The manga is still ongoing. The anime ended because the producers didn't want to go into fillers after the Fullbring arc, then have about 26 episodes of story, then back to fillers again. I'm sure the anime will start up again once there is plenty of new material or the manga is finished.
Old 2012-10-25, 00:30   Link #106
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Yay, a friend! The manga is still ongoing. The anime ended because the producers didn't want to go into fillers after the Fullbring arc, then have about 26 episodes of story, then back to fillers again. I'm sure the anime will start up again once there is plenty of new material or the manga is finished.
Count me in too! I still haven't given up on the awesome that is IchiRuki.

oh look, Kurohane and I both have KiriAsu sigs tee-hee
Old 2012-10-26, 21:05   Link #107
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Quote:
I can't blame myself, Henrietta is the best for Saito.
I know right! Poor poor Saito for not ending up with Henrietta. Why do the tsuderes always win?!!?!?!
Old 2012-10-27, 06:14   Link #108
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2352 View Post
I know right! Poor poor Saito for not ending up with Henrietta. Why do the tsuderes always win?!!?!?!
In some cases, how do the tsunderes even merit a notice?

Naruto and Harry Champ (Zoids: New Century Zero) are both head over heels for manipulative, abusive harpies in the form of (original/young) Haruno Sakura and Lina Toros, but it's anyone's guess as to why thise guys want those girls at all. Aside from the fact that the author thinks it's funny for these idiots to constantly fail and suffer abuse.

At least Saito has the excuse of Stockholme Syndrome and the familiar runes messing with his mind.

Now, Tendou Akane has done plenty to attract Ranma's attention. I know some of you have said that Ukyo deserves him, but I disagree. Because I think Ukyo deserves BETTER.

See, Ranma is a jerk. A heroic jerk with admirable qualities, but still very much an immature, insecure, manipulative, macho jackass. That was always true, and never actually changed. Heck, Ryouga and Mousse arguably showed more character growth by the end of the manga, since neither of them seemed to forget how Ranma saved their humanity in the fight against the Musk, despite their own plans to betray him. Mousse gave up an opportunity to steal Shampoo's love (through mind-control) and Ryouga seemed to be trying to give up on Akane to court Akari.

People forgive Ranma of everything because he's the protagonist and therefore is cast in the most sympathetic light. But if he wasn't the main character, he'd be an antagonist just like Ryoga - a guy who isnt evil, but whose pettiness and immaturity make him an enemy.

In one sense, Akane is exactly what Ranma deserves. But like Ukyo, Akane actually deserves someone better than Ranma. Certainly, she might have become a better person if not subjected to his constant insults.

Just about everyone in Ranma 1/2 is a dangerously immature nutcase who is not ready for a real relationship yet. That's rather the point, since that is what generates the ludicrus farce.

But there's no way Shampoo is better for Ranma than Akane. Akane has never plotted to humiliate, extort or MURDER anyone. Shampoo certainly isnt evil through and through, but she's still a villain who only ends up fighting alongside the heroes because of mutual enemies.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 23:40   Link #109
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
same here. would have been nice if Asbel x adult Sophie (future arc).

for mine:
Tales of Vesperia: Yuri x Judith (i'd buy vesperia again if this happens. heck,
In my mind, I always just pretended those two did it every night, all night, we stayed at an inn.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 13:37   Link #110
Chiibi

Adding TazusaxPete from Ginban Kaledioscope.

OUCH. THAT ENDING HURT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post

But there's no way Shampoo is better for Ranma than Akane. Akane has never plotted to humiliate, extort or MURDER anyone. Shampoo certainly isnt evil through and through, but she's still a villain who only ends up fighting alongside the heroes because of mutual enemies.
Shampoo never slammed Ranma into the floor with a kotatsu table though....

Quote:
Just about everyone in Ranma 1/2 is a dangerously immature nutcase who is not ready for a real relationship yet.
True that. I think Rumiko-sensei handled the romance much better in Inuyasha. Less comedy and less rivals so it felt more "real".
Old 2012-10-29, 15:46   Link #111
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Shampoo never slammed Ranma into the floor with a kotatsu table though....
"That, he had coming." Or rather, Ranma never insulted Shampoo's femininity or breast size. (Unless you count defeating her in front of her entire village in just one kick... which Shampoo decided to answer with a death-oath.)

Akane, on the other hand, never plotted to murder anyone, and would frequently help people (including Ranma) without an ulterior motive.

Also, when the girls thought Ranma was flirting with Hinamiya (when he was trying to figure out her chi-stealing trick), Akane only slapped him with her purse and walked away. Ukyo and Shampoo ganged up on him and clobbered him with live weapons.
Old 2012-10-29, 20:36   Link #112
Chiibi

Quote:

Also, when the girls thought Ranma was flirting with Hinamiya (when he was trying to figure out her chi-stealing trick), Akane only slapped him with her purse and walked away. Ukyo and Shampoo ganged up on him and clobbered him with live weapons.
That seems to be a very rare situation.XD
I mean, how many times does Akane punch him on a regular basis when another girl hugs him?!
That part of her drives me crazy. That's when I started to dislike her. A lot.

But remember, this thread is for couples you wanted so...we are getting off topic here.
Old 2012-10-29, 21:22   Link #113
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
The girl and her "Onii-sama"
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 09:38   Link #114
willx
Nyaaan~~

Oh god, this thread reminded me of Keitaro x Motoko..

I think it was the first time I felt like I was trolled .. So much development and she never had a chance.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 10:12   Link #115
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Adding TazusaxPete from Ginban Kaledioscope.

OUCH. THAT ENDING HURT.
Yeah that was really sad. The whole relationship from the start was bittersweet - since you knew how it was going to end.
Old 2012-10-30, 13:40   Link #116
Sunder the Gold

Scratch on another mark for Taichi and Sora from the original Digimon. I mean, seriously.

Also, Ash and Misty.

More recently, Klan and that one pilot from Macross Frontier.
Old 2012-10-31, 01:40   Link #117
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Oh god, this thread reminded me of Keitaro x Motoko..

I think it was the first time I felt like I was trolled .. So much development and she never had a chance.
Aye, same feeling here - one of the lamer examples of "forced ending" I've ever seen before or since. It was so off the rails even Naru called it before the climax - that Motoko was the better choice (indicating the author knew he was simply jerking the story around).

edit: ah... apparently I posted this a year ago in this thread (rofl)

Quote:
I assume you're talking about the manga primarily but there were moments in the anime as well. Yeah, this is the one that also left me saying bad words about how the moral appeared to be stubbornness wins over common sense. The *story* gravitated towards Motoko and Keitaro - the development of relationship and character was extensive, so the author had to wrench the steering wheel and put the story into a spinout to get to its final solution.

It was also the first 'romance harem' anime/manga I'd ever encountered so I suppose it set me up for the hundreds of series to follow where I'd end up saying "why on earth do they keep picking type X when type Y or type Z seem to make more sense in terms of the story, never mind what I might like" Are these guys just unable to write? Thankfully, I've come across a few gems where the author *knew* how to write a romance.
Old 2012-10-31, 02:15   Link #118
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Also, Ash and Misty.
As much as I like the idea, I have to give up on that due to the fact that characters from Pokemon will not grow and the series will keep the status quo forever and ever. IIRC so far, Ash/Satoshi only got some kisses from female Pokemons who clearly like him (more so than female humans ). One of them (Latias) even took temporary human form just to kiss him goodbye ^^.
Old 2012-10-31, 09:02   Link #119
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Aye, same feeling here - one of the lamer examples of "forced ending" I've ever seen before or since. It was so off the rails even Naru called it before the climax - that Motoko was the better choice (indicating the author knew he was simply jerking the story around).

edit: ah... apparently I posted this a year ago in this thread (rofl)
Ha! I remember when the series was ongoing, I would jokingly refer to Akamatsu Ken as my "God" .. and then the series left me wanting..

Now that I think about it, I do think it was the first harem series I had ever followed as well .. Oh Motoko.. You may have been my first anime/manga love
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 11:09   Link #120
Chiibi

Quote:
Yeah that was really sad. The whole relationship from the start was bittersweet - since you knew how it was going to end.
I was hoping for either a miracle or that he got to somehow stay with her....even as a ghost would've been okay. ;_____;

Quote:
The *story* gravitated towards Motoko and Keitaro - the development of relationship and character was extensive, so the author had to wrench the steering wheel and put the story into a spinout to get to its final solution.
Erm, I'm not saying NaruxKeitarou was a better couple but I did think the canon was very very obvious from the get-go. Then again, I'm really good at predicting couples. XD Sometimes the author can throw me...but probably 8 times out of 10, my predictions come true.