AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2006-07-06, 14:24   Link #1
Remittance Man

Location: I live in the ruins of Gill's fortress. You'll see me there with Ryu...
Send a message via AIM to Remittance Man
Gackt

I'm listening to Gackt. And he is REALLY GOOD. It's really anime-style music, but...better than most anime music I've ever heard. It's funny...he looks like a Woman, but his voice is clearly male. Like a Nihongin Barry White.
Remittance Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-06, 20:14   Link #2
Sweetchinmusic

Gackt is amazing lol my Fav artist at the moment
Sweetchinmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 08:46   Link #3
yjs

Oh lord. Not another Gackt lovefest.

Seriously, the man is a good musician but better than the world? Nuh. He's not much better than any other great musician that are out there, and there are many.
yjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-11, 09:43   Link #4
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by yjs
Oh lord. Not another Gackt lovefest.

Seriously, the man is a good musician but better than the world? Nuh. He's not much better than any other great musician that are out there, and there are many.
Pretty much. He was a lot better before he stuck himself to one single formula for every one of his songs, too. Occasionally he breaks it, but there was definitely a lot more variety in his earlier albums. Now you know exactly what's going to happen before it does as soon as you start listening to an album... and Love Letter? Ugh. I swear if I hear that man sing about hugging one more time...

Still, he's pretty good despite all the negative things I could say. Mars, Rebirth and Moon have some great stuff, as does Crescent, and it's only after then I started to get a bit irritated with him.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 10:16   Link #5
crazykatchan

I enjoy Gackt. My friend and I are fangirls.
Me more than her, but thats a long story.
She's become angry because there seems to be a rumor that he's forming a band with someone I can't remember the name of.
crazykatchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 12:33   Link #6
Gene Yuss
I Cheat at Solitare

He was a lot better when he was with Malice Mizer. His solo stuff all sounds the damn same.
Gene Yuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-15, 19:44   Link #7
Sweetchinmusic

I didnt say im loving him off lol. Im a guy lol. But i was scared to find out some people had actually turned gay cause of him and other stuff lol. I like his albums, but im not too experienced with Jrock so its all i have to judge. I started liking Dir En Gray they are okay, but maybe a bit extreme.

Malice Mizer are good ill admit, but i dont know why people love them so much. I listened to some of their songs and they are okay. There are some good songs like Au Revoir but i dont really like all of them, maybe i got to listen to them properly.
Old 2006-08-15, 20:44   Link #8
Laharu
mao de makai

Send a message via AIM to Laharu Send a message via MSN to Laharu
Gackt is ok. The only problem I have with Gackt is how everyone is like OMGWTF!!! over his music. Decent, but not the greatest thing since pancakes.
Laharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 09:42   Link #9
Sweetchinmusic

He is a bit over loved lol. Though his music is pretty decent
Old 2006-08-17, 12:14   Link #10
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
I'm a fan of his music, but his songs basically all mean the same thing... it gets kinda boring after a while... >>;;
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 01:49   Link #11
Aoi_chan
☆ガ♂ル☆

I really liked him in Malice Mizer like most ppl have already said but I do enjoy some of his earlier solo work like "Mars", and "Crescent." His newer stuff does tend to sound the same and it makes me a little uninterested in his newer material. I tend to like hardcore /punk/ metal/ hard rock style music and Gackt doesn't really fit that bill so...I'm not a huge fan.
Aoi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 13:49   Link #12
obentou
Maximum7/Ossu

I only liked the song "white eyes" by Gackt. I think it was in his Crescent album. Forgot.
obentou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 00:59   Link #13
sparkling invalides
kill,save,kill,save......

My Own, My Precious -- Gackt

I noticed there is an older thread but hope people dont oppose me putting another, Gackt is simply too great to be neglected. Sure many people dont like him, but I trust there must be many true fans here just like me which I'd really like to be acquainted to.

By the way, I am new here is there anyway for me to post attachments? thanks.
sparkling invalides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 01:17   Link #14
sparkling invalides
kill,save,kill,save......

After a year's wait since REDEMPTION, Gackt finally released "野に咲く花のように", that was a long expectation, wasnt it? I havent got the chance to buy the actual single, but already watched the PV, and his live performance on Music Fighter and Music Station, he looks so fresh with the new hair style, so much younger too.

It's interesting that on Music Fighter, before Gackt sings, he had a personal news released that he has lost 10kg weight for the upcoming tour around Hong Kong, Taiwan and Korea... Poor Gakuto... always so obsessed with his image...

I personally aint so fond of the new single, Gackt seems to have gone back to the LOVE LETTER era... 野に咲く花のように is a slow and acoustic song, which, according to him, is written for a high school graduate upon his graduation. I wonder how his next album will become, with two completely different styles going together(Redemption and 野に咲く花のように)

Last edited by sparkling invalides; 2007-03-05 at 05:14.
sparkling invalides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 06:21   Link #15
patnam

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkling invalides View Post
After a year's wait since REDEMPTION, Gackt finally released "野に咲く花のように", that was a long expectation, wasnt it? I havent got the chance to buy the actual single, but already watched the PV, and his live performance on Music Fighter and Music Station, he looks so fresh with the new hair style, so much younger too.

It's interesting that on Music Fighter, before Gackt sings, he had a personal news released that he has lost 10kg weight for the upcoming tour around Hong Kong, Taiwan and Korea... Poor Gakuto... always so obsessed with his image...

I personally aint so fond of the new single, Gackt seems to have gone back to the LOVE LETTER era... 野に咲く花のように is a slow and acoustic song, which, according to him, is written for a high school graduate upon his graduation. I wonder how his next album will become, with two completely different styles going together(Redemption and 野に咲く花のように)
Ya, but i prefer listen his rock songs like Vanilla, and Dybbuk...
anyway, 野に咲く花のように is relaxing...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 07:02   Link #16
XFeared AssassinX
Fear Me

Cloud,Squall,Sephiroth, and other characters of final fantasy well not all
of them...they copied them from him...try looking for Gackt's video...
of some show in japan they showed him with the characters he made in
Final Fantasy...
XFeared AssassinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 15:02   Link #17
Ahiru77
あひる

Man i thougt i would see a 112 page thread over here...but its like you all saw a total fan reportage of Gackt on TV, saying he's the greatest of all time.....and suddenly went like pfff he's not that great >( Grumble grumble....XDXDXD LOL

I only heard his song called White Eyes....I really like that one....but it seems he's going lovey dovey on his albums so it would probably be wise not to go any further than White Eyes, ne ????
Ahiru77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 08:21   Link #18
Tatsumiko
*Artist

You know I heard a talk-show host in my country saying something about people on forums bashing musical artists....and it was quite funny
He was talking to a very famous artist (you can guess who)...X3

But I think bashing Gackt like that is just wrong...-_-
Tatsumiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 07:08   Link #19
Dasou
Asou lover

Send a message via MSN to Dasou
I'm a fan of his heavy rock music but not any other pop music though.
Dasou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 00:07   Link #20
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFeared AssassinX View Post
Cloud,Squall,Sephiroth, and other characters of final fantasy well not all
of them...they copied them from him...try looking for Gackt's video...
of some show in japan they showed him with the characters he made in
Final Fantasy...
I think Tetsuya Nomura has dreams about Gackt or something. Wish he would stop being allowed to turn every Square Product he helms into his version of a Tim Burton movie. Not sure about Gackt's music. I heard Metamorphoze in Zeta Gundam A New Translation against my will and it didn't fit at all, ruining the first four or so minutes of the anime for me. Though that's probably an isolated case. I don't even want to get into his physical appearance though, really and truly.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote