AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-12, 12:01   Link #141
Zekori

Hmm... something I just noticed after watching the anime, but didnt find it apparent in the manga (only as far the end of Komo's arc).

Spoiler:

As for "uninstall"...

Spoiler:

Otherwise, the anime is fine so far.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 13:06   Link #142
stpehen
kisses for all

Actually, I have to step up and admit, I really hate Mamiko Noto's voice, too. It just sounds so artificially breathy and fake to me.
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 13:35   Link #143
Codex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
Lyrics of the opening fit very well with the show.
However, the word "Uninstall" other than being the name of the song is kind of out of place within the song. Anyone mind explaining to me why? or what it's meaning might be within the song's context?
Well, for me, I didn't know it was "uninstall" until much later, so it sounds perfectly alright to me.

But, as someone who's never read the manga ... the song seems to be the voice of the children. And the cries for "uninstall" (which beautifully coincide with on-screen destruction and darkness) possibly reflect their horror at what's happening, regret for what has happened, and a yearning for their lost innocence. My assumption is that "uninstall" refers to their desire to "uninstall" the game they find themselves caught in and reset everything.
Codex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 20:20   Link #144
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
First off, I have not read the manga, but I have been irrevocably spoilt due to brats who don't seem to understand the concept of hiding spoilers.
I'm with Skane. Please no more manga talk here. If you want to discuss the manga, you have a whole other thread over here for that.

This show looks like one of the better offerings of what's been so far a rather desultory season. I'd hate to have to avoid this thread for fear I'll keep encountering spoilers based on comparisons to the manga. I already have the distinct feeling I know what's going to happen to the children just from a brief survey of the postings here, and that's without opening any spoiler tags.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 20:45   Link #145
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah, i noticed a lot of people were talking about the manga. Oh, and thanks for the link to the manga thread, i completely forgot about that. :3
Old 2007-04-12, 22:10   Link #146
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Thumbs up Bokurano. The Game

When I found out that Bokurano was adapted from the manga, published by the same author of Narutaru, and reading on the New Anime Announce thread about the upcoming anime I immediately marked it on my list of most expecting shows for this Spring season.

With a smile on my face I can only say that GONZO did a good job at handling the beginning of the story. Not only did they give time to introduce all of their children and have a prologue scoop on their characters' traits but also alloted the enough time to display how the game works and what is the premise to the game.

Unlike Narutaru, Bokurano actually starts with a grim storm coming from the horizon about the premonition of bad things to come.

It is really impossible for me to remember each of the children's names as for now, but if they plan this series for thirteen episodes then in no way there are going to go far with developing the characters. Instead, the staff would have to focus on just the story about the children's growth and experiences while they start to play the game in order to make it alive.

In one word to how I am describing Bokurano is GANTZ but instead of killing aliens with skin suits and hi-tech weapons, giant robots are piloted to crush alien mecha robots.
And there's a fix set of players, unlike GANTZ. Lastly, the imperative difference to GANTZ is that all the children came to the game alive. But it is interesting for me to point out that the way the teleportation occurs when the robots dissappear and reappear poses the similar effect when the Gantzers are teleporting in and outside the game.

Just like Narutaru, Bokurano begins one with a stand-on about the children's views on the world. Maybe the world is already rotten to some...

Maybe to others the world would eventually rot....
Or maybe the world would be rotten by the adults so it makes no difference if anyone of them contributes to ruin it or not.

I have a feeling that I saw another character resembling Kokopelli in another show, but the images in my mind are very blur and cannot recall them well.

I expect both good and bad things about Bokurano. Unlike Gantz, there was no signs of violence per se, but if it is from Narutaru's author, then I expect the violence to be more psychological than visceral. That is the type of violence and hallucination that messes with our imaginations and fears to leave us hanging what f*** really happens when someone dies.

BTW, the opening song, Uninstall, and footage are very likeable since to me I am feeling Evangelion -esque vibes from within them.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 05:33   Link #147
wao
OK.

Alright, so I watched it. Definitely a very solid Gonzo production, but what with the equally impressive Romeo x Juliet I have a feeling the budget's going to go thataway and not here (since here the story could possibly hold it up rather than the Prettiness).

Firstly... I was blown away by the backgrounds, really, they were extremely outstanding I had to say. It was the most obvious "ooh" factor for me, and I suppose it helps that the characters were extremely well placed against them. Gonzo's composite department is it's strongest point after all, I think...

But aside from that, there's a lot you could say about the characters/story - I think I'll refrain from it here because it looks like something that could go very many places from here. It's just that I have to say I'm not exactly sold yet, because with this kind of story my personal annoyances with particular characters can really get into the way. And I have to say while the dialogue did sound suitably kiddish in some parts, in others it just felt a little uh... forced or something. Especially when the kids were in the cockpit, I dunno what it was that irked me slightly but...
At any rate even if the anime becomes really unbearable or I can't stand watching certain characters once a week, perhaps I'll read the manga and marathon it (I could stand Uninhabited Planet Survive that way!)

The animation was nothing... omgjawdropamazing, IMO, but pretty good nonetheless. I got a feeling that there was close attention to light and shadow and it lent a very finished touch to the animation despite the Kitoh's simple designs. From episode 2's preview I'm already starting to worry about how well the animation would be kept up though, looking at the lines and stuff.

Speaking of the staff -
Spoiler for long diatribe:

Oh oh oh, and I have to do a little tap-dance here because Norio Matsumoto was in the OP .

Spoiler for more diatribe:

And speaking of seiyuu, I didn't mind Noto this ep (generally I'm somewhat OK with her although I didn't like her job as Nina), but what really grates on my ears is Daisuke Sakaguchi. Every single job he does... -_- Be it Keel in Tide Line Blue, whashisname from NHK ni Youkoso or Waku here, I have to apologize and say I dislike his voice. Maybe it fits and stuff but I... can't stand it much...

Anyway, looking forward to more - with a bit of wariness, I've not read the manga but I hope it doesn't get gratituously emo and too sadistic. Not that I dislike sad things happening but sometimes it gets rather tiring if it goes on and on and you have way too much of the emo-kid syndrome. I'm emo enough as it is, don't need to see much more of it in anime until I get happy again...
Old 2007-04-13, 07:48   Link #148
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
"Norio Matsumoto tidbit"
Heh, Norio Matsumoto was also in One Piece 304... I think... I must still watch the episode myself.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 09:53   Link #149
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Guys, seriously - this thread is borderline useless if you haven't read the manga
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 11:40   Link #150
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

I don't think so. I think the anime experience is often very different compared to the manga. In a way, the story does become interesting, for a non manga reader like me, who watches the series much earlier due to me watching raws/chinese subs faster than those who watch english subs.

You do not need the manga to discuss.

p/s: Blogging this series is hell fun
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 11:49   Link #151
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impz View Post
p/s: Blogging this series is hell fun
Lol, try blogging Touka Gettan instead. =P
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 14:29   Link #152
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Heh, Norio Matsumoto was also in One Piece 304... I think... I must still watch the episode myself.
Also, I'm not really sure we'll only see Matsumoto in Bokurano. Gainax's Tadashi Hiramatsu for example is a part of various Gurren-Lagann's episodes staff, with a scene in 2 and will direct the animation in 8 and 15, but will also get to work on Dennou Coil 11.
Old 2007-04-13, 16:07   Link #153
piccu

Gonzo did an excellent job with Bokurano! At first I really had some doubts about it, but I'm REALLY impressed!! Two of my most expected anime this Season are made by Gonzo (Bokurano & Romeo x Juliet).

The animation is fitting and the music is good; It's great how they built up the atmosphere of the episode and the OP Unistall is epic win!
This one is my favourite Spring 2007 anime!
piccu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 16:19   Link #154
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Ep 1
This is not like Digimon? Kids saving the world... I'll keep watching it just to see the reason behind the weird siblings.
Old 2007-04-13, 16:29   Link #155
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
Ep 1
This is not like Digimon? Kids saving the world... I'll keep watching it just to see the reason behind the weird siblings.
If you were serious about that...

PLEASE KEEP WATCHING AND DON'T READ THE SPOILERS!

Old 2007-04-13, 16:31   Link #156
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Quote:
Ep 1
You're not being sarcastic, are you? Keep watching =D
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 16:34   Link #157
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impz View Post
I don't think so. I think the anime experience is often very different compared to the manga. In a way, the story does become interesting, for a non manga reader like me, who watches the series much earlier due to me watching raws/chinese subs faster than those who watch english subs.

You do not need the manga to discuss.
When the meat of nearly every post is contained in spoilers, it's hard to find a place to jump in. FPB does not like spoilers, especially since I'll probably read the manga once the series finishes.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 16:38   Link #158
piccu

Quote:
Ep 1
Hey I'm seriously feeling offended by that statement
PLEASE never ever compare this epic masterpiece with Digimon Bokurano is great and not the tiniest bit like Digimon
Old 2007-04-13, 16:50   Link #159
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccu View Post
Hey I'm seriously feeling offended by that statement
PLEASE never ever compare this epic masterpiece with Digimon Bokurano is great and not the tiniest bit like Digimon
Dude... please, tell you didn't meant to say that. I wanted to see the [Spoiler]Narutaru[/spolier] effect for myself so please don't spoil us the fun.
Old 2007-04-13, 17:05   Link #160
piccu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Dude... please, tell you didn't meant to say that. I wanted to see the [Spoiler]Narutaru[/spolier] effect for myself so please don't spoil us the fun.
it was 30% serious and 70% lol ^^ At first I was shocked when I read that, but with the wisdom of hindsight it was kinda obvious that no one would do that^^
that's the huge disadvantage in written stuff; it sometimes can get really messy when you use sarcasm^^

The only thing that is a bit bothering me is that they've changed some chairs^^ that you could see in the ED
Spoiler:

Tags
drama, mecha