AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-06-17, 18:06   Link #221
GDB

But she made a wish for it, so it was a quick/instant change. Theoretically, shouldn't it merely speed her up, rather than slowing everything else down, if that's how they wanted to go about it?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 20:15   Link #222
Dark Wing

I think that the whole changing herself maybe a mistranslation are we sure it wasn't a wish to be able change the world around her?
Old 2011-06-17, 20:43   Link #223
Scarletknive
Meister

Now how about a fight?
Slow-Down Time vs Time stop...who will win?
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 21:08   Link #224
Witched

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
But she made a wish for it, so it was a quick/instant change. Theoretically, shouldn't it merely speed her up, rather than slowing everything else down, if that's how they wanted to go about it?
Most likely, Kirika's speed of changing involves the world going to slow down, apparently.
Let's make it the simple way.

A kid is depressed for a long time; When will the depression stop? Usually a long time, I think

In Kirika's case, she wanted to change, basically, a rapid change of time for her and she will become something different more faster.

Unless I made the example go wrong, it should somehow make sense.

Also, Homura still wins.
Witched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 23:59   Link #225
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Chapter 5 is up surprisingly quick: http://anonscanlations.blogspot.com/...gica-ch-5.html

Oriko and Kirika attack Mitakihara Middle School, unleashing a witch. The witch slaughters many of the students, and also Kazuko-sensei. Homura protects Madoka, but Madoka wonders why Homura is only protecting her. Homura says she can't save everyone, leaves Madoka in a protective barrier, and goes to find Oriko and Kirika. She finds them and tries to attack them, but a barrier seems to protect them. Oriko reveals that she knows Madoka turns into Gretchen and will destroy the world if she allows her to live. Kirika fights Homura, but of course she can't touch Homura. Kyouko, Mami, and Yuma also arrive on the scene, and Kirika realizes she can't protect Oriko if she fights all four of them in her current state. Kirika knows she won't harm Oriko when she turns into a witch, so she willingly becomes one.
Old 2011-06-18, 05:29   Link #226
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
Chapter 5 is up surprisingly quick: http://anonscanlations.blogspot.com/...gica-ch-5.html

Oriko reveals that she knows Madoka turns into Gretchen and will destroy the world if she allows her to live.
I kinda figured that was the case.
Old 2011-06-18, 05:46   Link #227
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
She was once a shy person, who couldn't approach Oriko after a random act of kindness. So she decided her wish was to change herself, which gave her a new personality.
Now who does she remind me of?
This is odd indeed, however. Two different wishes basically led to similar powers.
Then again, common powers are not, well, uncommon ( ), since in the whole Madokaverse we've seen at least three girls with healing abilities (even if in Sayaka's case they seem to be limited to auto-recovery), and besides, the nature of Homura and Kirika's powers may be different (Homura's device gives her limited control over the timeflow of the period within her loop, while Kirika has none of this)

Quote:
The witch slaughters many of the students, and also Kazuko-sensei.
woah, Woah, WOAH! WTQB are you doing, Urobuchi?!!!11

Quote:
Kirika knows she won't harm Oriko when she turns into a witch, so she willingly becomes one.
I wonder what she bases her belief on. IIRC, Octavia didn't seem to have any qualms against squashing Madoka into puree.
Old 2011-06-18, 06:15   Link #228
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
woah, Woah, WOAH! WTQB are you doing, Urobuchi?!!!11
What we always dose...

Quote:
I wonder what she bases her belief on. IIRC, Octavia didn't seem to have any qualms against squashing Madoka into puree.
Maybe she has a lot of faith in her infinite love...
Old 2011-06-18, 07:10   Link #229
Snork
Twilight lander

Quote:
What he always does...
Good job, then. Writing a franchise that Petite Cossette seems bright and fluffy in comparison with.

Quote:
Maybe she has a lot of faith in her infinite love...
Apparently so. The only problem is, Sayaka's case pretty much hints that a witch does NOT retain the conscience and personality of the girl she's born from.
Of course, Kirika with her headlong approach had all chances to become a witch anyway. but doing it willingly? She undermined Oriko's plans and sent her over the edge at the same time.

EDIT: just read ch 4 and 5. Great, now I'm worrying for Sayaka, too. If she falls victim to the system after spending the timeline uninvolved, too... that will be overboard.
Still, I also feel sympathy for both Kirika and Oriko. And damn, do I want this all adapted into an OVA (although my imagination has some trouble rendering the new girls from Mura style to Aoki style ).

Last edited by Snork; 2011-06-18 at 07:53.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 12:19   Link #230
Dark Wing

One thing I find kind of interesting is how this story would play out post Madoka's wish...With no witches around

- Yuma's parents wouldn't have been killed by a witch...of course that would mean that she wouldn't have been saved by Kyouko and left in that abusive home... However I like to think that Oriko stilll lead Kyuube to her with her powers and she found her escape as a magical girl.

- Oriko and Kirika wouldn't have to go on their suicide mission to kill magical girls before they became witches and lived happily ever after as a magical girl due.

oh and above all else poor Kazuko-sensei doesn't get eaten alive...
Old 2011-06-18, 12:45   Link #231
Snork
Twilight lander

Basically, the theory remains the same - in previous timelines, there might be no need for Oriko to act up, ditto in TL5 (Gretchen had no chance/time to destroy the world), and TL4... depends on how it's placed related to PMOM timeline (after such a finale, I'm afraid Homura would be inclined to secure this factor in most radical ways ... and Madoka dreaming about the previous timeline only is more logical, so TL4 probably DOES come after PMOM events).
Yuma's case is unclear, since we don't quite know what prevented Kyouko from running into her in the timelines where she comes to Mitakihara (she should be hanging around, but she's not). While it's possible she never becomes a magical girl (since it was Oriko who urged her to do that), I'm curious about her fate. And worried, too - demons also have barriers and can attack people...
Old 2011-06-18, 14:13   Link #232
xizro345
King's Justice

That's why I don't like the way Oriko ended. They added new characters that for some unfathomable reason won't show up even if they could.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 21:14   Link #233
Witched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
Yuma's case is unclear, since we don't quite know what prevented Kyouko from running into her in the timelines where she comes to Mitakihara (she should be hanging around, but she's not). While it's possible she never becomes a magical girl (since it was Oriko who urged her to do that), I'm curious about her fate. And worried, too - demons also have barriers and can attack people...
I guess Yuma contracting does help 'em heal, you know.

If they're about to die, Yuma can heal them before they die. But I'm not sure about that.

Though I find pretty weird that Kirika decided to become a witch, why didn't Oriko just send the grief to that grief seed before that witch was going to be summoned! >,<

Evil Oriko is evil.
Witched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 01:19   Link #234
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Chapter 6 is up: http://anonscanlations.blogspot.com/...gica-ch-6.html

It first starts off with another flashback of Oriko's past. It turns out that Oriko's father was actually a corrupt politician. Because of this, people stopped associating with Oriko and treated her with contempt at her school. Oriko felt betrayed by her father and everyone, and that despair was what led to Kyubey finding her and making her contract.

Back in the present, the girls battle Witch!Kirika and Oriko. Homura figures out that Oriko has prescience powers, meaning she can predict their moves. Homura also makes a note to herself that this timeline is irregular. Oriko realizes Homura's time-manipulation powers and states that Homura cannot defeat her.

Despite the girls efforts, Oriko and Witch!Kirika have the upperhand, with Homura, Kyouko, and Mami wounded. Kyouko and Mami realize the truth of the witches, and Mami says its probably better if they die here. Yuma however heals them, and gives them a little speech:

"When I was being bullied by mama, I always thought it would be better if I died. But when I was attacked by the witch, I desperately tried to survive. We'll turn into witches someday you know. SOMEDAY ISN'T TODAY. Everyone dies someday. Kyouko, Mami, will you really die today?"

Homura almost believe she failed again, but because of Yuma, Kyouko and Mami fight again with renewed spirit, and with teamwork, they manage to take down Witch!Kirika.

Homura regains confidence, and she tells Oriko to give it up. She again notes how irregular this timeline is, that Kyouko and Mami miraculously didn't fall to despair and united, and that maybe this timeline may be the end of her long journey.

Kyubey then shows up and reveals Oriko's plan. Oriko was trying to locate Madoka and kill her before Kyubey contracted her. In order to divert his attention, Oriko told Kyubey to contract Yuma and then started the magical girl killing spree. Despite this, Kyubey ultimately saw through her plan and notes how Oriko didn't include Homura as a factor in her plan. Kyubey, with that evil emotionless expression, states that he has found Madoka.

The chapter then ends with Madoka somehow breaking through her protective barrier and then runs off to find Homura.
Old 2011-06-21, 02:35   Link #235
Scarletknive
Meister

Did...did i just see Kirika's graveyard?It reads like this?

Spoiler for chapter 6:

she was born in 1995, the year which all my friends are born in

dun tell me kyubey is up to no good again...
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 05:23   Link #236
Snork
Twilight lander

Quote:
She again notes how irregular this timeline is, that Kyouko and Mami miraculously didn't fall to despair and united, and that maybe this timeline may be the end of her long journey.
Darn you, Urobuchi...

Quote:
Though I find pretty weird that Kirika decided to become a witch, why didn't Oriko just send the grief to that grief seed before that witch was going to be summoned! >,<
I think she did (presumably that's how you summon a witch from her grief seed). But Kirika used up her magic anyway by keeping a barrier.
Old 2011-06-21, 05:39   Link #237
MartianMage

Too much deviation(kirika not attacking oriko as a witch and homura's timestopping not timestopping... i mean come on so what if you can see what's gonna happen if you can't move) for me to treat this as another canon timeline. For me oriko feels like a code geass spin off <_<
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 07:54   Link #238
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

At least now we know Yuma's existence is important since she is the key that can leads to a future where no one dies from despair. (Sayaka aside)
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 06:25   Link #239
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Spoiler for Finished reading chapter 6:

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2011-06-22 at 08:03.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-22, 10:26   Link #240
ChronoReverse

Chapter 7 was a bit of a downer. Just as Homura thought there was a solution after all. She gets soul crushed in every timeline huh?
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote