AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2010-06-10, 01:43   Link #181
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

Can I request for a Guitar Tab? The song is entitled "Yakusoku wo Shiyou" by supercell.

Thanks
Old 2010-06-11, 00:22   Link #182
ColdHearted

Fuwa Fuwa Time Guitar Tabs

This is my first post, i don't know if its appropriate but i'll go ahead instead. I watch this video and it gives me an excitement to play it. I am a beginner in guitar but i want to give it a try. This is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90i731uU-kk

Now my true intention for posting here is that can you give me a tab or tutorial on exacly how that guy play it. If its possible.

Thank you in advance.
ColdHearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 00:42   Link #183
Inconvenient
Railgun Fanatic

Irojiro has no tabs, those are all improvised unfortunately, I've tried asking him for his other tabs but he doesn't write any down. Plus, if you're a beginner, I would advise you not to try his stuff, it's pretty difficult. I've been at it for months trying to tab his rendition of Don't Say Lazy and I'm still not done. Not trying to get you down in any way, but you could try the K-On forums and go to the topic with Tabs and Sheet Music and try to find an easier version to play. Then when you get used to it, add in your own spin, or try and copy IJ's version by watching him, over, and over.. and over...
Old 2010-06-11, 00:50   Link #184
ColdHearted

That sound irojiro is a professional (not obvious right), how unfortunate i am . Yes I am a beginner and I guess that a bad practice jumping into a difficult playing of guitar. But can you give me any easier that i can play im into with a style like irojiro with some rhythm & lead. and so on. If you don't mind
Old 2010-06-11, 23:59   Link #185
AC730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inconvenient View Post
Irojiro has no tabs, those are all improvised unfortunately, I've tried asking him for his other tabs but he doesn't write any down. Plus, if you're a beginner, I would advise you not to try his stuff, it's pretty difficult. I've been at it for months trying to tab his rendition of Don't Say Lazy and I'm still not done. Not trying to get you down in any way, but you could try the K-On forums and go to the topic with Tabs and Sheet Music and try to find an easier version to play. Then when you get used to it, add in your own spin, or try and copy IJ's version by watching him, over, and over.. and over...
This is why I've asked for help on tabbing video content, I know he hasn't written any of it down. However if it was anyone who'd put it down on paper best, it would be him. That doesn't mean I haven't given tabbing his versions a go. Actually just watching him playing over a few times actually has helped me successfully put down some of his riffs from Sayonara Memories and a few parts from the solo. But if anyone can help me with tabbing Sayonara Memories from Irojiro's video, it would be great help still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdHearted View Post
That sound irojiro is a professional (not obvious right), how unfortunate i am . Yes I am a beginner and I guess that a bad practice jumping into a difficult playing of guitar. But can you give me any easier that i can play im into with a style like irojiro with some rhythm & lead. and so on. If you don't mind
Since you want to play Fuwa Fuwa Time like he does, which I will start my own tabbing soon because I actually like the lead part he's done; I strongly suggest you learn the actual song first. Do you know how to play Fuwa Fuwa Time on the guitar like on the actual anime? Including solos and what not. Because before I tried doing his version of Sayonara Memories I made sure to understand the song first before making changes to it. It really helps. But I'll help out trying to tab it, however I'm quite slow. I mean slow... So bear with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonhym View Post
Can I request for a Guitar Tab? The song is entitled "Yakusoku wo Shiyou" by supercell.

Thanks
You are in luck! I actually have the Band Score from Sayonara Memories. So give me time to scan it and upload it. May take a while but I hope this will help you. It's a wonderful song for the acoustic.

Last edited by AC730; 2010-06-12 at 00:03. Reason: Additional Info
AC730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-12, 00:16   Link #186
ColdHearted

Quote:
Since you want to play Fuwa Fuwa Time like he does, which I will start my own tabbing soon because I actually like the lead part he's done; I strongly suggest you learn the actual song first. Do you know how to play Fuwa Fuwa Time on the guitar like on the actual anime? Including solos and what not. Because before I tried doing his version of Sayonara Memories I made sure to understand the song first before making changes to it. It really helps. But I'll help out trying to tab it, however I'm quite slow. I mean slow... So bear with me.
Actually i don't know how to play the Fuwa Fuwa Time on the guitar yet the actual anime. Solos and what not.

Thanks for your good news i'll be waiting for your complete tabs . I would be great for that.
Old 2010-06-12, 00:28   Link #187
AC730

Quote:
Actually i don't know how to play the Fuwa Fuwa Time on the guitar yet the actual anime. Solos and what not.

Thanks for your good news i'll be waiting for your complete tabs . I would be great for that.
Ok well I'm not sure where you are in your guitar skills. How long have you been learning the guitar? This song requires barred chords, power chords, bending and vibrato, slides and some guitar effects (Which I don't have any other than distortion) for the solos. Guitar Effects aren't necessary but refine it overall. Anyways I'm assuming you have Guitar Pro 5 or 6? or some tablature program? If so you can start with this tab.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/...guitar_pro.htm (The button to download is in the bottom right hand corner)

It has four guitar tracks due to the two versions. The top two are the original version which Irojiro (Guy in the video you provided) plays along to and features a different solo. The two tracks down below are the Studio version, using GP5 you should be able to mute them if you want. But from there, you can choose which parts of the two tracks you want to learn.

This tab features the actual song, not Irojiro's version. I will be attempting to tab his version, which is the one you have requested. But for the mean time, I strongly advise you to learn the actual song from this tab.
Old 2010-06-12, 00:36   Link #188
ColdHearted

When it comes in effects i only have Zoom G1X don't know if the necessary effect is there. And in skills of playing guitar im just a newbie which i think can play a chords and power chords but not that too fast. Yes i have Guitar Pro 5.

BTW. i try to play the file that you've given to me and play the two guitar verion. So the only thing that wasn't there is the lead part of irojiro ?
Old 2010-06-12, 00:43   Link #189
AC730

Quote:
When it comes in effects i only have Zoom G1X don't know if the necessary effect is there. And in skills of playing guitar im just a newbie which i think can play a chords and power chords but not that too fast. Yes i have Guitar Pro 5.
This going to be a good exercise then! Since the tempo isn't too crazy like Go Go Maniac. You might get tired from strumming, and I always suggest up down picking because trust me it is way faster than down down picking or strumming. I used to think the opposite... I was wrong. And palm muting, you need to learn a bit of palm muting in the song. If you are at the level you suggest you are at, forget about Irojiro's version for a while. This is going to keep you occupied. The bending for the solo might take a while for fingers to get used to (at first might sound terrible and different) but it's accurate. And the tab I've given hopefully helps.

No it doesn't include Irojiro's version. I'll still tab Irojiro's one (he never put it down on tabs, he improvised it) but stick to this for now.

PS
The tab features some retarded stuff like a 26th note on the guitar, just omit it. They do that sometimes because Guitar Pro 5 doesn't feature effects to modulate the sound to that extent.
Old 2010-06-12, 00:49   Link #190
ColdHearted

Quote:
This going to be a good exercise then! Since the tempo isn't too crazy like Go Go Maniac
That's the reason i want to play it for exercise even though Inconvenient told me to start on a match beginner song which has a point.

The tab that you've given to me is a big help. Yes i need to strum and pick updown which lot of players recommended. The only problem that i getting into is the "wrist" problem. What im referring to is only the wrist will play. If you look irojiro wrist is only moving sometime the whole arms but lot of people said that you need to strum and pick only by moving your wrist.

P.S

And also the first part of the song ... 0:08 - 0:22 of irojiro video. But it gives me an excitement to do those things
Old 2010-06-12, 00:59   Link #191
AC730

Quote:
That's the reason i want to play it for exercise even though Inconvenient told me to start on a match beginner song which has a point.

The tab that you've given to me is a big help. Yes i need to strum and pick updown which lot of players recommended. The only problem that i getting into is the "wrist" problem. What im referring to is only the wrist will play. If you look irojiro wrist is only moving sometime the whole arms but lot of people said that you need to strum and pick only by moving your wrist.

P.S

And also the first part of the song ... 0:08 - 0:22 of irojiro video. But it gives me an excitement to do those things
Ok I'm not too sure what you're referring to by the wrist problem. Can you elaborate more? What I'm interpreting is that only wrist movement is done and you can't seem to strum with your entire arm? I'm a little lost. First of all, are you learning to play standing up or sitting down? Because when you are starting out it is very different. If start by standing up and playing, it will definitely strain your wrist but you will find it extremely easier to play sitting down afterward. Secondly, in reality no one really needs to do giant arm movements to play their guitar. It really is all in the wrist movement, arm movement just comes naturally and develops into a flourish (for showing) really.
Old 2010-06-12, 01:07   Link #192
ColdHearted

Sorry for a vague explanation, i think by showing a sample will explain it more detailed,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjA5faZF1A8

0:20 - 1:20 what im after is the wrist movement .

Or even this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90i73...eature=related

0:40 - 0:42 the way irojiro pick those strings with only wrist movement.
2:13 - 2:30 how he strum with only wrist movement.

Hope you get what i meant
Old 2010-06-12, 01:20   Link #193
AC730

Quote:
Sorry for a vague explanation, i think by showing a sample will explain it more detailed,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjA5faZF1A8

0:20 - 1:20 what im after is the wrist movement .

Or even this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90i73...eature=related

0:40 - 0:42 the way irojiro pick those strings with only wrist movement.
2:13 - 2:30 how he strum with only wrist movement.

Hope you get what i meant
OK I think I get it now... Well strumming like that really comes naturally when you rest your wrist like that. It's something you'll actually develop, he does it because it requires Palm Muting which deadens the sound of the guitar a bit. The Canon Rock video doesn't show it at all. But I see what you're getting at. You know how to do Palm Muting? It should be indicated on the tabs I gave, if not you should check it out on YouTube to see what it is exactly. Really it muffles the sound a bit to get a more rock feeling to the note or chord. To play like Irojiro does, you really just adjust the angle on your palm and wrist. It comes with familiarity, once you are familiar you play the riff a lot faster there you usually find a way to conserve your movement in order to play faster. I hope you understand what I mean, the technique definitely is a natural ability that all players experience when they are able to play something fast.
Old 2010-06-12, 01:28   Link #194
ColdHearted

That helps, thank you very much i really appreciate your help. Thanks.

This one is a good one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsqtKClSk6M Thanks again.
Old 2010-06-12, 01:38   Link #195
AC730

Quote:
That helps, thank you very much i really appreciate your help. Thanks.

This one is a good one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsqtKClSk6M Thanks again.
Yep that's exactly what I was referring to. Irojiro also includes this with single notes on the guitar by picking individually, this gets more difficult when you are picking faster down by the B or E string. This really is just practice material.

Glad I was of help. If you need anything more just post here and be sure to check back... Who knows when for my tab...

Oh and BTW this is the tab I'm currently working on, done by Irojiro as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CUJK...eature=related (Also has individual palm mute pickings)
Much, much more difficult...
I'll get it eventually... But some help from others would be nice.
Old 2010-06-12, 01:49   Link #196
ColdHearted

Quote:
Much, much more difficult...
Absolutely ..... But since you get it that's nice ... .... Well im going to play first Fuwa Fuwa Time and hope i can play more with style like irojiro someday ... ... Thank Again For a fourth time
Old 2010-06-12, 02:04   Link #197
AC730

Quote:
Absolutely ..... But since you get it that's nice ... .... Well im going to play first Fuwa Fuwa Time and hope i can play more with style like irojiro someday ... ... Thank Again For a fourth time
Ah~ Me Too! Haha!
Yeah no worries, Ill try to tab his version as soon as I can so you can learn to play like his version!
Hopefully you'll have a good experience learning Fuwa Fuwa Time, you should post a video on YouTube or something when you finish learning it.
Old 2010-06-12, 02:07   Link #198
ColdHearted

Sure Sure ... that would be nice .... but don't know when it happen
Old 2010-06-15, 01:59   Link #199
AC730

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonhym View Post

Thanks
OK! Here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/?yzmyyykkynm

This is the scan from the actual Band Score itself.
Only 4 pages long and if I've numbered them incorrectly you can check the page number in the bottom corners.
Enjoy!
Old 2010-06-15, 02:18   Link #200
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

Thanks... but I can't seem to download it . Mediafire says "This file is currently set to private. "

EDIT: I've downloaded it already. Thank you very much, I really love the song
<gives cookies to AC730>

Last edited by pseudonhym; 2010-06-15 at 02:32.
pseudonhym is offline   Reply With Quote