AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2007-04-24, 18:11   Link #2361
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Anime Insider magazine #44 (May/07 issue) has a couple of Haruhi-related articles in it:

The A.I. Five: Top 5 reasons you'll love The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya:(page 20)
  1. The animation is spectacular
  2. It's comedy gold
  3. You'll join the cult
  4. There's real strength of character
  5. It's a true original
And the "Must See" box in the May DVD releases section (page 66).

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2007-04-24 at 20:46.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 19:07   Link #2362
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lftwgr View Post
It didn't happen at Tanabata (past)? I always thought it did.
Guess I'll have to go back and read the novels when I'm free...
Spoiler for for Tanabata-related stuff and the series storyline in general:
Old 2007-04-25, 13:58   Link #2363
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Yeah Big Mikuru knows hows it all ends, theoretically of course, and she just has to make sure it happens that way. We still don't know the age of either of the Mikurus so who knows how much older big is from.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 23:35   Link #2364
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Yeah Big Mikuru knows hows it all ends, theoretically of course, and she just has to make sure it happens that way. We still don't know the age of either of the Mikurus so who knows how much older big is from.
Well, going by appearances in the series, which has enough of the author's involvement to be considered canon, I'd say she's less that 10 years older. Still, since we don't know how old Mikuru (small) is, that doesn't say too much. I'd guess Mikuru (small) is about 16, give or take a year or two, as of the beginning of Volume 9. That would make Mikuru (big) somewhere in her mid 20's, between 22 and 27, I'd guess. Of course, we don't know how far apart her various appearances are, or if they're even in chronological order.
Old 2007-04-26, 21:57   Link #2365
ibreatheanime

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Anime Insider magazine #44 (May/07 issue) has a couple of Haruhi-related articles in it:

The A.I. Five: Top 5 reasons you'll love The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya:(page 20)
  2. It's comedy gold
  3. You'll join the cult
  5. It's a true original
And the "Must See" box in the May DVD releases section (page 66).

I agree that this series is amazing... after a few episodes I was giddy! I only get giddy if I really love a series.
ibreatheanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 19:57   Link #2366
Zeytoo0

Send a message via MSN to Zeytoo0
2. It's comedy gold
3. You'll join the cult
5. It's a true original

^ That pretty much sums up why I love it so much too :P
Zeytoo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 22:46   Link #2367
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

The May issue of Newtype USA has a two page spread about Haruhi... I'm wondering if they used any of the text from a similar spread in last year's Newtype:

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 23:33   Link #2368
ibreatheanime

Vol. 1 episodes 1-4 are released in the states in a few weeks. There is a limited edition that comes with the soundtrack, a haruhi~ism iron on, a cosplay ribion, and a double sided pencil board. ( all in a cool case)
ibreatheanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 21:10   Link #2369
Zeytoo0

Send a message via MSN to Zeytoo0
According to this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Melancholy-H...7898933&sr=8-1 it'll be out at the same time here in the UK, though im a bit sceptical about it. I want the special edition so ill be importing it if it doesnt come out in the UK, which they usually dont
Zeytoo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 18:17   Link #2370
ellifeedn
Thinker

I have several things I want to say. I have been hearing how Haruhi likes Kyon and that it's the pairing that will come sooner or later, or something like that, and that Mikuru is an older Kyon's sister (forgive me if I misunderstood something). What I have to say to this I will put into the spoiler tab and I'm unsure if what I type will be spoilers (possible though).

Spoiler:

I know that I may have missed something and that I will get burned by a great many of you for #3. I only wish that you will remember that it's just a scenerio/theory I came up with.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 18:33   Link #2371
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Not sure about the sister thing, and not really sure WHY she likes him. You actually stumped me.
Old 2007-04-30, 18:50   Link #2372
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I have several things I want to say. I have been hearing how Haruhi likes Kyon and that it's the pairing that will come sooner or later, or something like that, and that Mikuru is an older Kyon's sister (forgive me if I misunderstood something). What I have to say to this I will put into the spoiler tab and I'm unsure if what I type will be spoilers (possible though).

Spoiler:

I know that I may have missed something and that I will get burned by a great many of you for #3. I only wish that you will remember that it's just a scenerio/theory I came up with.
Spoiler:
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 19:13   Link #2373
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Actually, I think I gotta agree with fat. Doubt she liked him at first. He was just another boring boy. But after they began talking and she saw he was not interested in her, he grew on her. Not sure if he seems similar to John to her, but I think its just been over time she grew to like him.
Old 2007-04-30, 19:44   Link #2374
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Not sure if he seems similar to John to her, but I think its just been over time she grew to like him.
The first words out of her mouth when he struck up a conversation with her were: "Haven't I seen you somewhere before?"

FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 20:15   Link #2375
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Heh, been awhile. Then its a combo of 2 and 3 I guess.
Old 2007-05-01, 05:05   Link #2376
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Heh, been awhile. Then its a combo of 2 and 3 I guess.
Don't forget, the one thing that prevents her from putting two and two together is that John Smith was suppose to be older than her, and would have since graduated from North High rather than be starting school in her class.

Haruhi's clever brain and hidden disbelief of the supernatural is working against her in that regard.
Old 2007-05-01, 14:49   Link #2377
ellifeedn
Thinker

After I thought of #2, I thought of more to it.

Perhaps the reason why she had that boyfriend reputation was because after she couldn't find him in North High, she readily accepted any boy who called her, thinking that maybe one of them was him, and after finding that the boy who called wasn't him, dumped him. The week long relationship was probably the boy making a date with her a week later, or something I dunno I don't recall the first novel entirely.

I may be going further than I should by thinking that maybe the reason why Haruhi was exploring around the school was because she wanted to find out more information about him and where he went after "graduating" the school.

I'm starting to think that I'm adding a great deal of fuel to fanfics here.
Old 2007-05-01, 14:58   Link #2378
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

[QUOTE=ellifeedn;928323]I may be going further than I should by thinking that maybe the reason why Haruhi was exploring around the school was because she wanted to find out more information about him and where he went after "graduating" the school.[QUOTE]

I thought that was more or less what novel 4 directly stated. Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding you.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 04:41   Link #2379
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Not so relevant to what people are saying above but I 've just met another guy who actually stopped half way in chapter 1 of SHny because he found it "wierd", and he still haven't realised about the brilliant of this anime for last few months until i told him to go watch again . ^_^

Success to convert another guy to Haruhiism, i guess :P
Old 2007-05-03, 17:32   Link #2380
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
I thought that was more or less what novel 4 directly stated. Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding you.
Spoiler:
I'm saying that after that, she enrolled inorder to find out where he might've gone after "graduating."

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen