AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-27, 17:14   Link #1
Fronzel
Schmuck

Hitsuji subs?

Is Hitsuji one of those groups who set another group's script to a superior raw? Otherwise where they pull all of Rozen Maiden from? If this is so, who's script did they use?
Old 2005-12-27, 17:28   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

As far as I know, they used their own scripts. They have probably been working on it quietly for months now and simply released it all at the same time.

If you want to compare their episode 1 to the other groups' episode 1, then you could find your answer. I watched their episode 1 and I can at least say that it differed from my memory of Ayu's episode 1.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2005-12-27, 18:06   Link #3
Mentar
Banned

They? Unless things have changed, Hitsuji is a one-man show. I'll ask Phar what he used.
Old 2005-12-28, 03:58   Link #4
lamer_de

Quote:
As far as I know, they used their own scripts. They have probably been working on it quietly for months now and simply released it all at the same time.
Wrong and Wrong ^_^ Original release thread (you need to register to see the forum): AnimeReactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phar
They're from Ayu's version, with some translation corrections where I was able to catch them, and some minor misc. editing.
Ayu then made a complaint to him for using their subs without asking after episode 4, so he switched and unless he learnt enough Japanese to translate it for himself he most likely used the Keep/Conclave subs from episode 5+ (because that's the only other group that finished RM S1 :P)

Besides, ALL KAA releases on the frontpage use subs from other groups as well

CU,
lamer_de
Old 2005-12-28, 05:38   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Disturbing to hear that. Thanks for the information.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2005-12-28, 06:18   Link #6
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Its kinda sad, yet intruigingly pathetic too...
Old 2005-12-28, 06:20   Link #7
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Why is it disturbing using other people's subs without asking? You're all using other people's video without asking...
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2005-12-28, 06:23   Link #8
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff
You're all using other people's video without asking...
The people who do the original translation are putting effort into the project to increase the videos audience. They are not passing the video off as their own work. The same cannot be said of someone who uses a set of translated scripts that they did not translate themselves without at least identifying the source.
Old 2005-12-28, 06:40   Link #9
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Since the original question has been answered, I'm closing the thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff
Why is it disturbing using other people's subs without asking? You're all using other people's video without asking...
Sorry but this debate just goes round in circles, NightWish has stated pretty much the stance of AnimeSuki over this issue. Beyond that, if you want to discuss it then please find somewhere else apart from AnimeSuki to do so.
Closed Thread