AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-10, 22:59   Link #201
gianna
gigi

Same here
Hngh so much smiling, friendship, and personal growth and realization I must have had a grin on my face nearly the entire episode

I'm glad we got more of Ayumi! He's quite a nice guy (ask Sakura out already and take her for a trip on that boat!)
Another person to help give Yuki that push he needs

It's amazing how simple this series seems yet each week more and more keeps unfolding in the mysterious world of tsuritama!

btw just out of curiosity -- anyone have a new interest or even an old one re thought to go fishing?
gianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 01:27   Link #202
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
If you care to speculate on the meaning of such things, Ayumi’s boat is called “Seishun Maru” (Maru being a common suffix in boat names), and can be roughly translated as “Circle of Youth”. Haru can mean “Spring”, “Natsuki” Summer, Aki “Autumn”, and Yuuki “snow”. Perhaps it’s nothing more than an affectionate play on words, or perhaps there’s a deeper meaning somewhere in there. For me I like to think Nakamura and writer Oono Toshiya are commenting on friendship, and how we’re each incomplete when alone, but that we’re all a natural part of a larger circle – and that if we allow ourselves to be connected to that circle, our lives will be more fulfilled and happy.
I think the name of the ship is just there to add to the "SF" ("seishun fishing") theme of the show, and of course Ayumu would name his ship "YOUTH." ^^;;

As for the names, Yuki's name is clearly a reference to Sanada Yukimura, in which case the kanji would be 幸, happiness. (Except with kanji it would be too girly, hence ユキ. It's still pretty feminine, but well, this is anime.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 01:37   Link #203
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't think the seasonal names are a coincidence, though. Just my opinion.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 01:45   Link #204
YayPepsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushi View Post
I am enjoying this anime a LOT more than I thought I would, I must admit. I am glad I gave it a try, because I am definitely hooked now XD
I see what you did there. :P
Old 2012-05-11, 02:39   Link #205
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I don't think the seasonal names are a coincidence, though. Just my opinion.
They may not be - with the names being fully in katakana (with the exception of Natsuki) they can carry any references - it never occurred to me to see "autumn" in Akira, but why not?

It's just that while there are many anime characters named after Sanada Yukimura, in Yuki's case it's like beating the viewers over the head with it, since it's almost the full name (his full name is Sanada Yuki, same kanji for the first name). It's probably just a quirky reference without any importance, but I just wanted to note that in this case there's another possible kanji for his name.
Old 2012-05-11, 02:48   Link #206
Yushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayPepsi View Post
I see what you did there. :P
Oh my COD! I totally didn't notice that pun. That just sent my mind REELING. I sure do love this board, I always have a whale of a time here. Sorry, I'm going to clam up now

On another note, I think my favorite part of this show is seeing Yuki getting more and more into fishing, especially since he was kinda coerced into it in the first place. I am also getting curious about Haru's objectives....I have a feeling they (Haru and his sister) are not after some normal fish....if it's really a "fish" at all.
Yushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 09:43   Link #207
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I had no idea fishing gear cost so much either. Thankfully, that summer job should allow Yuki to buy what he needs and pursue his newfound passion. I'm loving Yuki's development, he's tremendously grown in only five episodes, and what's even better is that that evolution has felt very natural. Great writing.

I hope the show will focus on Akira soon. He's a very intriguing and fun character. I'm looking forward to seeing how he will become friends with the three heroes.
Old 2012-05-11, 11:23   Link #208
gianna
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushi View Post
Oh my COD! I totally didn't notice that pun. That just sent my mind REELING. I sure do love this board, I always have a whale of a time here. Sorry, I'm going to clam up now

On another note, I think my favorite part of this show is seeing Yuki getting more and more into fishing, especially since he was kinda coerced into it in the first place. I am also getting curious about Haru's objectives....I have a feeling they (Haru and his sister) are not after some normal fish....if it's really a "fish" at all.
Glad you stopped yourself before you went overboard

(sorry I couldn't resist!!)
Old 2012-05-11, 18:11   Link #209
Kirarakim

Wow that was excellent. I honestly think this series has the best character development of the season.

Yuki's smile is infectious. I also loved how Natsuki can now understand Yuki when he makes his "angry" face.

Can't wait for Akira to get closer to the group. At least Tapioca knows he needs friends.
Old 2012-05-11, 19:18   Link #210
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Can't wait for Akira to get closer to the group. At least Tapioca knows he needs friends.
Glad to see I'm not the only person who thinks he or she can understand Tapioca! That quack was definitely a "yes" to me, too.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 19:20   Link #211
KuroTsuki14

-Yuki & Natsuki's smile are charming.
- Love Yuki's character development
- Poor Akira, to make you feel better, I don't have friends in real life. And don't let teenage push you around like that.

Can't wait next episode, look very interesting, even Akira gets more screen timing, gets close the group and more background infomation

Spoiler for theories:

Last edited by KuroTsuki14; 2012-05-12 at 19:58.
KuroTsuki14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 22:11   Link #212
gaiar31

I like Sunglass that see through the sea. I want it > <.
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 07:59   Link #213
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiar31 View Post
I like Sunglass that see through the sea. I want it > <.
You can have them if you have some extra money to burn... apparently they're being sold at many places (just one example). After reading about them I think I could use a pair myself - not because I go to the sea a lot (yay for living in a landlocked country) but because my eyes are very light-sensitive. Too bad I wear glasses so I'm severely limited when it comes to sunglasses...

Also, if you ever need to tie a uni knot and Natsuki is not there to explain it to you, here it is in slow motion. (Some more fishing knots - wow, knots are serious business!)
Old 2012-05-13, 08:17   Link #214
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

You know, this anime has started to grow on me.

After watching the first 3 episodes, I was honestly dreading the next few episodes because I hadn't been enjoying it as much as I thought I would have. Then, I watched episode 4 and I had actually watched the entire thing without having the sense to feel bored or have the thoughts of wanting it to end already run through my head. I just sat, watched and enjoyed the 4th episode.

Then I watched episode 5 and pretty much the same thing happened, I enjoyed it and now i'm looking forward to the next episode.

Also, I can't help but watch the entire opening theme I just love the way they dance and the music is pretty catchy.
Old 2012-05-14, 05:09   Link #215
Kakkou
Tch.

So I figured I'd drop by just to say that it's been confirmed by A1 that Tapioca is female. Back to your regular discussion.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 05:28   Link #216
kuromitsu

Oh god, that picture. XD
Old 2012-05-14, 10:40   Link #217
gianna
gigi

What have they done!?

Btw a little convo with producer Minami Masae
(nothing telling of the future plot or anything of course)

ttp://m.mantan-web.jp/article.php?d=20120512&k=20120511dog00m200032000c

Last edited by gianna; 2012-05-14 at 11:03.
Old 2012-05-14, 10:49   Link #218
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
So I figured I'd drop by just to say that it's been confirmed by A1 that Tapioca is female. Back to your regular discussion.
No, no, no. There's no way we can just go back to our regular discussion after seeing this.

That picture... what is this, I don't even
Old 2012-05-14, 12:22   Link #219
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
No, no, no. There's no way we can just go back to our regular discussion after seeing this.

That picture... what is this, I don't even
According to them it's Tapioca in a sexy pose. If it's any consolation, they also put up this service shot of Erika.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-14, 13:05   Link #220
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Are those tattoos on her breasts or, dare I say it, hickeys?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fishing, friendship, noitamina