AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-11-05, 06:01   Link #461
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
I always had this weird sort of theory. You all remember when Buggy was talking about the levels in Impel Down back in Ch. 527 Pg. 10/Episode 424? The was talking about how anyone with a bounty over 100 Million was sent down to level five. He then talking about how there is a rumor that there is a level six where the World Government keeps beast that are so horrible they want them to disappear from the planet.

That line got me thinking. I remembered what the World Government said about Ohara. They were all called Demons. Only for researching the Ponegylphs. What if there is a level six and there might actually be some survivor from Ohara there?

Just seems weird that they would mention a level six and it be for nothing.
Old 2009-11-05, 07:09   Link #462
zaner

Exept Ace, Jimbei, and Crocodile were on level 6

Edit: spelling

Last edited by zaner; 2009-11-05 at 19:10.
zaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 18:52   Link #463
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Exept Ace, Jumbi, and Crocodile were on level 6
Jimbei.

Fixed.
Old 2009-11-06, 17:31   Link #464
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I thought of something interesting if one was wearing black clothing wouldn't that allow one to hit Kizaru as black absorbs light?
Old 2009-11-10, 17:05   Link #465
Lord Uiruu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I thought of something interesting if one was wearing black clothing wouldn't that allow one to hit Kizaru as black absorbs light?
Yeah but he could put light on you. As in give one red clothes or something.
Lord Uiruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 20:52   Link #466
aimboy234
Proud Filipino

I think that Shiryuu of the rain is in level six too..

How about Bon Clay, does he/she survives...
Old 2009-11-16, 21:08   Link #467
Lord Uiruu

I don't know. Bon Clay/Bentham/Mr. 2 is likely alive if Oda does what he usually does, but no prominant character has died yet in one piece. He could have been saving it for an emotional sacrifice to save luffy. I say he's dead.
Old 2009-11-16, 21:13   Link #468
Lord Uiruu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I always had this weird sort of theory. You all remember when Buggy was talking about the levels in Impel Down back in Ch. 527 Pg. 10/Episode 424? The was talking about how anyone with a bounty over 100 Million was sent down to level five. He then talking about how there is a rumor that there is a level six where the World Government keeps beast that are so horrible they want them to disappear from the planet.

That line got me thinking. I remembered what the World Government said about Ohara. They were all called Demons. Only for researching the Ponegylphs. What if there is a level six and there might actually be some survivor from Ohara there?

Just seems weird that they would mention a level six and it be for nothing.
it wasn't for nothing!! Shiryuu, Crocodile, Ace, Jimbei and many more were down there. Jimbei wouldn't have even been introduced yet were it not for level six. Besides. Buster Call killed everyone at Ohara. There were no survivors, save for the one (Robin), but it took the power of a very strong Logia devil fruit to let her leave unnoticed.
Old 2013-01-07, 15:03   Link #469
ellifeedn
Thinker

It's been a laugh looking back at all of these (mine make me cringe because of how stupid I was when I wrote them).

Anyway, one bit of speculation I have is that since Garp retired from his position, he'll sail around the seas, saving anyone who needs it, sort of becoming a "peace main" pirate. (This is based on that second pilot chapter Oda made before starting the serialization of One Piece and for the life of me I cannot find that chapter online to confirm what he called his kind of pirates and this is me working off of an old memory).
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 15:49   Link #470
Mistacloudstrife
"I'll cut them off..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimboy234 View Post
I think that Shiryuu of the rain is in level six too..

How about Bon Clay, does he/she survives...
They showed Bon Clay in one of the "decks of the new world" covers of the manga, so it's pretty much confirmed that he's alive. Chapter 666.
Old 2013-01-08, 22:45   Link #471
ellifeedn
Thinker

Could haki break an impact dial?

I'm thinking if Vivi is coming back to help the crew, she'll help by piloting the Pluton.
Old 2013-01-09, 01:52   Link #472
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Anyway, one bit of speculation I have is that since Garp retired from his position, he'll sail around the seas, saving anyone who needs it, sort of becoming a "peace main" pirate. (This is based on that second pilot chapter Oda made before starting the serialization of One Piece and for the life of me I cannot find that chapter online to confirm what he called his kind of pirates and this is me working off of an old memory).
Hes still in the navy.

Besides the role that you're talking about has been taken over by Shanks.
Old 2013-02-11, 15:18   Link #473
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
thats brilliant but idk if it would have the same effect as water on sand and rubber on electricity, brilliant though i hate that i didnt think of that , So any strong black guy could take kizaru on lolol. "Yeah but he could put light on you. As in give one red clothes or something." true but weve only seen him emit yellow light(?) i dont know if he can go across the whole spectrum that would make him hell haxx. some colors you cant even see lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
We can deduce that Kaido isn't human, is a zoan user, or perhaps is both. Either way, he's going to be a monster both literally and figuratively.
Hmm considering Oda just decided to drop in a real dragon recently, and luffy commented on how tough its skin/body was what if kadiou has a dragon df, it would def explain his ability to gain respect for his raw power and why Moria was like F-ck! I'll need a f-cking super giant to beat him. Moria's gonna be so pissed when Luffy beats kadiou and he realizes regrettably Luffys surpassed him again.

Forgot to mention maybe Kizaru cant emit different light spectrums but can he bend the light around him(that would be crazyy)?? can any logia control there element that didnt come directly from/out of their bodies??? Also im guessing the void century included highly advanced high tech civilizations since oda says hes really into that idea and wanted actually to make a manga in a world as such....and also randomly how does rubber not being able to conduct electricity give luffy the ability to hit Enel?? shouldnt it just give him immunity to his electric attacks?

Last edited by sanzo; 2013-02-11 at 15:22. Reason: thought of some new ideas
sanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 23:17   Link #474
Kukri_Sa'i_Shiren

THE INHERITED WILL, "ONE PIECE"

This is gonna be a very long read but I guarantee It will be worth your while.

You might have heard similar theory somewhere but I can assure you this ain’t copy of them because I made it way back then in 2008. I have been updating this theory a few times and sharing it to my fellow Indonesians on net. Been thinking to spread it to wider fanbase but I was having a hard time converting it to english(I’m not really good at it ^^; )
nevertheless, I tried and finished it... so here we go.

================================================== ============================

"THE VOID CENTURY"

Let’s summarize things first :

As we know, there was an age called “The Void Century” in OP’s world timeline. Except Roger’s pirate, not a single living soul on this planet have any idea what the really happened within that gap.

However an Oharan archelogoist, Profesor Clover, had a slight hint about it. He told us that in that time there was once stood a prosperous and powerful ancient kingdom that ruled over the ocean. However, They had a certain enemy. This enemy felt threaten by the kingdoms existence and their certain ‘policy’. So then they invaded the kingdom and succeded. The kingdom was fallen to shred and somehow, the enemy managed to wipe out every single information about them from history.

Coincidentally, The end of the kingdom’s reign also marked the end of The Void Century. At the same time, an organization called The World Government was built for the first time. Clover had a theory that the WG was none other than the enemy itself.

Now let’s enter the theory :

================================================== =========================

"THE HIDDEN PATTERN"

There are 3 things that cannot be stopped :

Men’s Dream
The Flow of Time
Inherited Will

As long as people continue to seek the true meaning of freedom, they will never ceased to be!

-- Gol D. Roger --

As these words first appeared in chapter 100, they seems pretty meaningless tome. I took them as nothing more than some random cool quotes.

However, as sthe story goes deeper, I realized (and some of you might have figured it out as well) that One Piece story has been consistenly following those 3 things : Man’s Dream, The Flow of Time, Inherited Will.

Let’s see :

Quote:
1. Hiluluk's Sakura

Hiluluk had an impossible goal, and that was to create a panacea capable of curing all kind of diseases or ilness. however his experiments were keep failing and failing for 30 years. though eventually, Hiluluk's Sakura was bloomed, it is still not a miracle cure. Chopper who greatly respect to Dr. Hiluluk inherited these will by setting sail and joining Luffy.

Quote:
2. Golden Bell of Shandorian

Two best friends parted away on the shores of Jaya. Their friendship didn’t end here, they promised to meet again someday. Calgara kept ringing the golden bell so his friend wouldn't get lost in his way there. Unfortunately, the fate decided to send Island of Jaya 10.000 m above the sky. Calgara died in the war, while Norland was executed in his hometown. Their promise were totally buried.

400 years later, a boy named Luffy succesfully found and ring the long lost bell, thus fulfilling the forgotten promise.

Quote:
3. All Blue

Zeff wanted to find the legendary all blue, but a year of sailing the grand line hasn’t bear him any fruit. However he was still pretty assured that the ocean exists somewhere in this world, so he inherited his dream to Sanji, hoping that Sanji will achieve his dream someday in the future.

I only picked 3 examples, but there are actually more of them. So, anyone captured the big picture I’m getting at? or not? well, Here is what I meant :

Quote:
1. in the past, there’s someone who had a certain dream/desire/promise, but for a reason or two they didn’t manage to complete it (Man’s Dream)

2. the dream was delayed for many years (The Flow of Time)

3. Eventually, there will be someone in the future who will complete his/her dream (Inherited Will)

That’s right, starting from the first chapter up till now, the storyline has ALWAYS been following this very pattern. I’m quite surprised myself, we’ve been through this pattern over and over again, though I’m sure fery few people are awared of it. I call it “the golden pattern” (because Gold Roger created it).

This made me think, wouldn’t Roger has the pattern of his own as well? My curiosity was finally answered in chapter 576.

Spoiler for :

Spoiler for :

So apperantly Roger had this will, a will that has been inherited for hundred years. And he waited for certain somoene to carry on this will… somehow it also has something to do with One Piece.

So what’s is this all about? What was Roger’s will exactly?

"ROGER’S DREAM"

The Golden Pattern (starting from here everything is 100% theory)

MEN’S DREAM
Roger’s will that Whitebeard was talking about, it actually wasn’t his original will. Roger inherited it as well from waaay back then, from 800 years ago to be precised. Yes, it was originally the will of The Ancient Kingdom (let’s call it AK from now on).

The AK was a big kingdom, it ruled over almost the whole world (just like WG does now). They apparently also had a pretty-advanced civilization. One could say that there’s almost nothing they couldn’t achieve with everthing they got at the time.

However they had an issue. As we know, the planet of OP contains of big four seas, east, west, north, and south, each were separated by the Red Line and the Grand Line. The AK saw Red Line and Grand Line as a big obstacle because they have been been preventing people from traveling from one sea to another, thus preventing the AK from reaching its full prosperity as well.

And So they made this project, an insane one, but has to be done. The project was about eliminating the Red Line and Grand Line to fuse the 4 seas into one big ocean, the united ocean. The called it the project of “One Piece”. In order to do so, they started to build some weapons which will be strong enough to destroy the red line (later called Ancient Weapons)

It turned out that not everybody was pleased by this project.. you know, politics. Some other kingdoms were totally against it, they smell a conspiracy was playing behind it. But the AK stood their ground no matter what. Guess what happened next? a huge war broke out. It’s the AK vs 20 kingdoms who were against the prject of "One Piece”.

The 20 kingdoms came out as the victor and they declared themselves as The World Government. Meanwhile the AK was reduced to shred, along with all their historiy, and the “One Piece” project was never heard again since then.

THE FLOW OF TIME
Unexpectedly, The AK has anticipated their downfall. Before the war begun they had carved historical notes on these certain metals which as hard as diamond(later called the poneglyphs) and hid them throughout the world, along with the weapons they’ve built. The AK really wanted to make sure that their desire wouldn’t die in case of anything bad happened to them.

the WG was mad with this fact and completetely prohibit any form of poneglyph dechipering.

but it's too late, the will has been passing through ages since then… silently waiting for someone to recieve the massage.

THE INHERITED WILL
800 years has passed, a pirate named Roger sucessfully reach Raftel and discovered the true history. He knows exactly what to do, but unfortunately his body didn’t allow him to… he had this incurable disease, remember? whereas the project needs a lot of power and time to complete, 2 things that Roger didn’t have that time.

Therefore, he decided to create The Golden Age of Piracy instead, hoping that there will appear someone who is strong and righteous enough to complete the massage in his place.

Who will be that ‘someone’? I think we all know the answer.

"THE PROJECT OF ONE PIECE"

Now… how exactly does this project work? Will fusing 4 seas into a united ocean make Luffy’s journey worthy?

Let me explain it… It’s gonna be a bit technical so I’ll include some ilustrations.

So here is roughly how the globe looks like.

Spoiler for :

Spoiler for :

And this is the flat(word?) version :

Spoiler for :

The idea of “One Piece” is to create a united ocean, a perfect ocean to sail. Therefore we have two jobs : fusing all the seas into one and eliminating Grand Line abnormality. GL’s abnormality? Is that even possible?

Apparently it is possible for the AK scientists. The trick is destroy a spot where every sea on the planet (north, west, east, south, grand line, new world, and calm belt) meet in one place. There is a spot like that? Actually, there are two, and both need to be destroyed. The two spots are reverse mountain and mariejoa/fishman island.

a simple ilustration :

Spoiler for Reverse Mountain:

And here is the meeting spot, the circled area one :

Spoiler for the meeting spot:

Think for a moment there… It made sense right? Mariejoa/fishman island also has a similar geography (minus the reverse canals).

The meeting spot are set. Next, the ancient weapons will do their job : annihilating those spots.

Ok let’s do it to reverse mountain first… FIRE IN THE HOLE!!

Spoiler:

Even with the mighty power of the ancient weapons, the annihilation must be calculated and done correctly to get the wanted effect. If succeed, this what will happen next :

Spoiler for :

Losing a huge mass of land, The sea became even more unstable than before, a big whirlpool will appeared on the center of destruction spot, storms and tidal wave occuring everywhere. However they’re only temporary, after a couple days the raging storm shall be subsided.

And then, the magic began…

disastrous random-weather on grand line and NW suddenly doesn’t occur anymore
the magnetic field which make a normal compass useless are completely gone
Even the wind starting to blow on Calm Belt

How about sea monsters? Well, this is the time where Poseidon come to play. The Poseidon has fully taken control of the sea king and make them some kind of ‘police’ of the ocean to prevent other sea monsters from going wild. (yes I do think this is very possible)

The ideal united ocean is finally created . The project of One Piece officialy succeeded!!

But is that it???

It’s not. There’s actually one more after-effect, and it’s the most important one.

The big whirlpool that appeared after the destruction of reverse mountain, It happened because the water mass of the four seas simultaneously flowed into the center of destruction -- the place where reverse mountain was stood once. Logically, that means every kind of living things which originally lives in four seas were brought there as well. You literally could find every fish species from all over the world here.

Wait, was that sounds familiar? Exactly, the destruction spot has became that legendary mythical sea…

Spoiler for :

The United Ocean and the legendary All Blue

At least 6 of Strawhats’s dream will be accomplished because of these achievementt.

Spoiler:

Now how about the spot at mariejo/fishman island ??

“THE PROMISED DAY”

Spoiler for Luffy will destroy FI??:

Spoiler for it might be a year into the future:

This mermaid… she didn’t lie at all. nor she’s wrong. She was actually foreseeing the event we’ve been talking about : the project of One Piece. And It is indeed Luffy who will trigger the event.

The ancestor of FI were actually well awared of this upcoming event.

How so? Here’s another theory : Joy Boy, he was actually the king of the AK.

Ok I know that sounds so random. There’s a theory for that but let’s save it for later…

Like a said, destroying both reverse mountain and fishman island is a must to complet the project. Therefore, King Joy Boy made a proposal of destroying FI to the former mermaid princess, Poseidon. She agreed but as an exchange she asked Joy Boy to move her people to a better place on the surface. Joy Boy gave a nod and started building Noah Arc afterwards.

Joy Boy managed to finish Noah but short after his kingdom lost a great battle against the 20 kingdoms. The promised cannot be fullfilled and he apoligized to Poseidon through poneglyph. However he still promised her “that day” would eventually come in the future, the day when fishmen and mermen live under the sun.

(You see that Oda used the another “golden pattern” again here)

------------------

Conclusion : “The promised day” and madam shirley’s prediction, they are actually the same thing.

The scenario is pretty simple : at “the promised day” Luffy will trigger the attack on the destruction spot, but before that, Shirahoshi will command the seaking to move all of the FI’s citizen to a safer place (by using Noah).

Once destroyed, the same magic which happened to reverse mountain spot will also be happened here. The All Blue will appear, replacing the destruction spot. mermen and fishmen will move here later and make a brand new civilization around the Sunny Tree of Eve (if Sunny Tree has the same reputation with Adam tree, it will completely survive the destruction. There are ilustrations for this but I lost it somewhere ).

Meanwhile, this also marked the end of WG’s reign because Mariejoa --the prime symbol of WG-- was buried alongside FI in the process. Luffy finally won his war against the WG.

Spoiler for Mariejoa and FI:

Spoiler for another ilustration:

Welll that’s it folks… Sorry for bad english. The theory was hard enough to explain in Indonesian, so I didn’t expect to do it better in english.^^ But I really hope you guys understand what I’m trying to explain.

I am awared that this theory has so many weaknesses but I believe it also makes perfect sense to some point so… discuss!
Kukri_Sa'i_Shiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 07:15   Link #475
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Interesting theory, made me feel bad reading through it as if I was reading spoiler of One Piece's ending, which we know that it will take place lliterally YEARS in the future

if your theory is correct, let's say it is for now.

I hope Oda thought something beforehand why "the currently called World Goverment" against that Ancient Kingdom's plan...
because when I read your theory,
I couldn't stop thinking that they (AK) were the bad guy for ignoring these 20 countries wishes
and when the government started ignoring that many opinions/wishes on big matters like changing the shape of the world or even smaller thing like oil price
revolution and riot will surely take place, Indonesian like you will surely know what I mean by that
unless the reason for not to was justified.

and literally blowing that huge piece of red rocks won't just let you get away with few tornados, gigantic whirlpools, and storms.
small islands like Logue Town, which are many in OP-verse will be wiped out from the map itself due to sudden increment of Sea volumes and tsunamis
Imagine something like Entire South Pole melting due to Global Warming, won't be any Hawaii no more to visit
and Twin Cape which is directly at the bottom of the Redline? ugh I don't wanna even think about it
Brook might even not be able to see the island, let alone meet with Laboon
The one who actually control that ancient weapon also have shits coming for him since he will be exactly in the centre of that messes

but that's just physics, geographies and other shitty scientific theories that came along
these don't actually matter so much and probably won't happen in fantasy manga-verse in general.
Especially in one where you can freeze the sea or creating tsunami by literally hitting and pulling an air around you.

good theory though, this also answers my question about

"why the fvck no one reach Raftel and grab that One Piece yet?"

considering many years have passed since Roger's execution day
and strong pirates like Yonkou have been dawdling there (NW) long enough for not reaching it

Last edited by articuzwolf; 2013-02-15 at 07:34.
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 11:55   Link #476
Kukri_Sa'i_Shiren

Thanks! lol this is such a late reply but doesn't matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
"why the fvck no one reach Raftel and grab that One Piece yet?"
I have a theory for that

Let's get back to chapter 301, read carefully...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

now look at the last page, "this also means I must follow the guidance given by the tablets I have read so far... to the ending point of Grand Line, Raftel!!"

I think Robin implied that the poneglyphs held 'the key' to Raftel. In other words, Raftel couldn't be reached by any ordinary mean. The only way to get there lies on poneglyph, and you must read all of them (it would be some sort of jigsaw puzzle if you ask me. you have to collect them all and rearrange them to get the big picture.)

That's why not a single soul could reach it since Roger, because none of them are able to dechiper the texts.

so what's the deal with Raftel? What lies in there must be the final piece of the true history, as well as the trigger of "the big war" that epicbeard was talking about. And the big war would be none other than a mission to fullfill the project of One Piece itself.

well, at least that's how I see it.
Old 2013-03-04, 20:13   Link #477
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukri_Sa'i_Shiren View Post
That's why not a single soul could reach it since Roger, because none of them are able to dechiper the texts.
not just decipher the text, they also need access to the tablet in skypedia. Roger and luffy were the only ones in the 20 years to do so.
Old 2013-03-05, 08:37   Link #478
Kukri_Sa'i_Shiren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
not just decipher the text, they also need access to the tablet in skypedia. Roger and luffy were the only ones in the 20 years to do so.
yes that as well... not to mention the power of Poseidon was awakaned just now.
Old 2013-03-31, 17:39   Link #479
Aurus

@Kukri_Sa'i_Shiren

I really like your theory and it is really well-conceived the only thing I dont like is the name for the "project" - "one piece". Well it is obvious that one piece is not a treasure of gold or silver, but as a name for such a project?

Well, maybe one piece of seas? no! English is not my native language and maybe I am missing the whole meaning of "piece" but with my current knowledge, calling a project, that brings multiple seas into a single one, "one piece" is something i wouldn't understand.

Maybe "one piece" is just a reference to such a project. Probably I am just too fussy but that sounds just wrong, the rest of your theory is really genius.
Aurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 12:55   Link #480
ellifeedn
Thinker

Random idea: Vegapunk learns of Chopper's Rumble Ball and sees such great potential in it that he convinces the World Government to increase his bounty from 50 to 500,000,000.