AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-12-02, 12:31   Link #121
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Character class can't be out that early. Kalok came out way after the korean version had boat 5-6 plus new city
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 22:21   Link #122
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho bolt View Post
Character class can't be out that early. Kalok came out way after the korean version had boat 5-6 plus new city
Then our friends at Nexon need to word what they say on their main webpage a LOT more carefully because most people were expecting a new class release based on what was presented. I'd rather they work on bettering what is released myself, I hate dev teams that ignore existing problems to add new functions -- so I'll say they're at least being careful.

On the bad side... their community interactions and understanding of the US/Canada market seems to be .... abysmal. The game itself is a bit of casual fun though.

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-12-05 at 02:25.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 13:15   Link #123
hanamiman

Send a message via MSN to hanamiman
Vindictus - East or west?

Well it's about Vindictus. I just downloaded vindictus and i was wondering what's the difference between the east server to the west server.
I'm kinda confused lol ^^"

thanks in advance :3
hanamiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 13:52   Link #124
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

There is an thread for Vindictus, http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=94792
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 17:39   Link #125
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanamiman View Post
Well it's about Vindictus. I just downloaded vindictus and i was wondering what's the difference between the east server to the west server.
I'm kinda confused lol ^^"

thanks in advance :3
It's only available in the US, so they split the US in two parts to minimize lag. Choose the server corresponding to your geographic position in the US.
Old 2010-12-05, 02:22   Link #126
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Before they merge this, supposedly its only available to IP addresses in the US and Canada (licensing restrictions). So you may have some trouble logging in from Israel (unless you do some clever proxy stuff).

And no, I'm not fond of licensing balkanization either.... but good luck.
Old 2010-12-05, 09:19   Link #127
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Before they merge this, supposedly its only available to IP addresses in the US and Canada (licensing restrictions). So you may have some trouble logging in from Israel (unless you do some clever proxy stuff).

No supposedly... it is region locked to US/Canada only. Unfortunately it's also one of those games which is very lag sensitive, so bypassing the filters is useless. *goes back to waiting*
Old 2010-12-05, 09:24   Link #128
hanamiman

Send a message via MSN to hanamiman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

Ok well I runned it with a proxy..
So laggy it's almost impossible to run the game lol
Guess Im gonna stick with mabi for now :3
It's gonna take a while till they release the europe version if they will :\
hanamiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 09:35   Link #129
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
No supposedly... it is region locked to US/Canada only. Unfortunately it's also one of those games which is very lag sensitive, so bypassing the filters is useless. *goes back to waiting*
Have they fixed any specific date yet?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 15:54   Link #130
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I'm hoping for Q1 2011. Don't recall if there was any official date though.
Old 2010-12-05, 16:54   Link #131
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

European Closed Beta is suppose to start end of December.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 01:14   Link #132
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

My assessment so far:

So far Vindictus makes a fair "spare time when your favorite MMO is down" playground. They've got some serious 'not ready for prime time' issues to solve before I'd recommend it as a primary MMO. The clever thing about the game is using player computers to host dungeon instances... but this is also its 'lag' problem. Korea is small and highly connected, the US/Canada is a sprawling mess with large variation in connectivity.

A second problem is the cash shop. Compared with other MMO cash shops they have a pretty unreasonable notion of pricing. Temp haircut and temp underarmor cost real money and only last 30 days. If you run two characters you're going to spend more than you would subscribing to a full-featured pay-to-play MMO. If you don't buy the temp underarmor many of the outfits look dorky because your flannel PJs stick out (which counteracts much of the visual appeal). Secondarily... you've spent $5-$10 on a haircut per month per character that you can only see in town, there's no "in dungeon hide helmet" mode. You're only in town to refit/craft or turn in quests, in other words as briefly as possible.

So for the present, I'm just not spending a dime -- they might get to see some money if they offer permanent hair/undies. The items improve your luck factor and defense.

The communication with the user base is also a mess - even for an export F2P MMO. Nexon is making Aeria and gpotato look positively stellar at the moment here. Anecdotally, I've gotten responses to both Aeria and gpotato tickets within 24 hrs every time. Nada from Nexon. I feel sorry for the Nexon forum moderator (one sole moderator as far as I can tell), she's basically thrown to the wolves with apparently no way to get answers herself.

I'm definitely having fun with it... but I'd recommend wariness in spending money on it for the time being. If they happen to change any of the sources of my complaints, I'll post accordingly.

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-12-10 at 16:22.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 20:43   Link #133
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quick update, the first "perm" underarmor has appeared as part of a holiday event special. So they're yielding a little bit.
Old 2011-02-05, 07:21   Link #134
Xion Valkyrie

New update coming out on Feb 16, which includes Boat 5 missions up to Yeti King, Hilder Forest Ruins (5/6 new missions for boat 3), and Flickr. Hero mode and Gauntlet Mode will also be added.

This is a TON of content, easily equivalent to boats 2, 3, and 4 combined. Not to mention there will be at least THREE new raids added between the release of episode 5 and boat 6.

Excuse the terrible font, but the teaser is worth watching for the new stuff:
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 09:11   Link #135
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Stupid EU release :'(
Old 2011-02-08, 02:53   Link #136
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The new update coming up revitalized me. I've been in a rut for several weeks now, and finally some great stuff to look forward to.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 02:20   Link #137
Xion Valkyrie

Looks like we're getting the new raid bosses after all:

Old 2011-02-10, 12:40   Link #138
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

The game is pretty fun, but like Vexx said- this cannot be your 'main' game. The game has too little content and the community is utter crap that you won't want to log in and spend your time idly chatting. While it is enjoyable when you get new content to play around with, once you finished your armor/missions there is nothing to do but farm, if you are an avid gamer you can probably play this and another main game, like SC2. If you are an extremely casual gamer, then this would be the game for you.
Old 2011-03-11, 17:43   Link #139
Xion Valkyrie

ROCHEST is coming!

Content update is happening extremely fast. There's actually quite a bit of content now that a new player will probably take a month or 2 to get through it all.

Old 2011-03-23, 01:46   Link #140
Xion Valkyrie

Update is out in 3 hours! =D

Tags
action, mmorpg