AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2008-03-08, 20:01   Link #401
Yuudai-kun

My bad, calling it Lunarstyle timing :P

I only knew that term and it really was Lunar who used it frequently.
Like for example "google it", it just somehow became a term for itself.

But you're right, let's call it alpha timing
Yuudai-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 20:25   Link #402
Omitsu
Magical Girl in Training

Thank you so much! I'm glad it's as easy as I was hoping it would be. Again, thanks to everyone who replied :D
Omitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 21:01   Link #403
martino
makes no files now

Code:
Dialogue: 0,0:00:00.00,0:00:05.00,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,This person {\alpha&HFF&\t(500,500,\alpha&H00&)}and this person {\alpha&HFF&\t(1000,1000,\alpha&H00&)}are going here.
Will do the same as what Toua has a few posts up, just the times are different -- first part appears at line start, second at start + 500ms, and third at start + 1000ms. In this case you are just using the \t tag to trigger when the \alpha transform will take place, from FF to 00. However this approach isn't recommended, since apparently it is more CPU intensive, and also IIRC the full line will not show up if Subpicture Pre-Buffering is enabled in VSFilter.
Old 2008-03-09, 12:37   Link #404
False Dawn
Florsheim Monster
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
Code:
Dialogue: 0,0:00:00.00,0:00:05.00,Default,,0000,0000,0000,,This person {\alpha&HFF&\t(500,500,\alpha&H00&)}and this person {\alpha&HFF&\t(1000,1000,\alpha&H00&)}are going here.
Will do the same as what Toua has a few posts up, just the times are different -- first part appears at line start, second at start + 500ms, and third at start + 1000ms. In this case you are just using the \t tag to trigger when the \alpha transform will take place, from FF to 00. However this approach isn't recommended, since apparently it is more CPU intensive, and also IIRC the full line will not show up if Subpicture Pre-Buffering is enabled in VSFilter.

Er, why make it any more complicated, martino? >.>

Much easier just to time the line than messing about with \t (which is more time-consuming, especially for beginners to subbing).
False Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 13:11   Link #405
martino
makes no files now

I personally don't view it as more complicated (might be so for someone new though as you mentioned), in fact I see that as more readable when it's all on one line...

Anyway, I was just pointing to the fact that there are other ways of doing it too.
Old 2008-03-09, 14:21   Link #406
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
I personally don't view it as more complicated (might be so for someone new though as you mentioned), in fact I see that as more readable when it's all on one line...
Even experienced folks time faster that way. It's more effective and easier on VSFilter. "Oh look, I use \t, I am so cool" <-- No.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 10:56   Link #407
Bot1
The Supreme Pontiff

that line won't make any difference at all with vsfilter, maybe if you had like 10 or more, but if you just have like 1-3 of them i like keeping it in one line too. not that i ever do alpha timing.

AKA Malakith
Bot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 15:05   Link #408
im2park

fansub distribution

Hi, I'm basically a one-man fansub group, I translated, edited, encoded this anime, (Gundam00 episode 23 to be exact), but I have NO IDEA how to distribute it!

Do I submit the torrent to different torrent sites? how would I accomplish this? I usually download my anime from tokyotoshokan, I try to submit a new torrent, but I don't know how to do itt. please teach me how fansub groups distribute anime
im2park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 16:19   Link #409
martino
makes no files now

Google anyone?

Some tracker sites are scarywater and Datorrents for example (among many others). Each of them lists how you can exactly publish your torrent, so it's just a matter of Googling and following the correct links on the site to get what you need.
Old 2008-03-17, 14:58   Link #410
Skyward
Oblivious
*Fansubber

For clarification, Tokyotosho is just an indexing site. It doesn't actually track any torrents, just lists the ones tracked elsewhere (like datorrents or scarywater). If you have a torrent tracked by another website, you can submit it to tokyotosho and it will appear in the listing.
Skyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 22:20   Link #411
Lolfang
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by im2park View Post
Hi, I'm basically a one-man fansub group, I translated, edited, encoded this anime, (Gundam00 episode 23 to be exact), but I have NO IDEA how to distribute it!

Do I submit the torrent to different torrent sites? how would I accomplish this? I usually download my anime from tokyotoshokan, I try to submit a new torrent, but I don't know how to do itt. please teach me how fansub groups distribute anime
For starters you can NOT steal another groups' .ass file, take out their credits giving yourself credit for work you did NOT do, throw it in a mkv with an un-encoded raw, and then vomit it back up on the internet.

You're fooling no one, and wasting your own time by stealing our work. Do you think Fansubbers don't even check other groups releases? How long did you think you could get away with this? You didn't even change the fonts for god's sake.

I'll be making a news post on www.nyoronfansubs.org exposing your theft to the community. Goodbye.
Lolfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 22:29   Link #412
im2park

fansubbing in general is theft,
downloading anime off of bittorrent is the same as stealing.

How do ya think the creators of the anime that you download feel?

PS: I edited those subs because the quality wasn't so top notch
im2park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 23:04   Link #413
Lolfang
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by im2park View Post
fansubbing in general is theft,
downloading anime off of bittorrent is the same as stealing.

How do ya think the creators of the anime that you download feel?

PS: I edited those subs because the quality wasn't so top notch
Suit yourself, but that begs the question why? What would your motives be for stealing our work? I do it to practice my Japanese in a way that benefits the community and brings attention to television shows I like. Shami does it because she enjoys the show as well.

Stealing and redistributing someone else's work does what for you?
Old 2008-03-17, 23:40   Link #414
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolfang View Post
Stealing and redistributing someone else's work does what for you?
If it improves subtitles, I think the community has been served.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 23:45   Link #415
rhyein

I don't understand why you're so angry about this. It's not like you have any sales that could be hurt by it.
rhyein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 23:45   Link #416
Lolfang
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
If it improves subtitles, I think the community has been served.
Download it yourself and compare if you like. They're identical.
Old 2008-03-17, 23:46   Link #417
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

More versions = more distribution = your version gets viewed by more people. How can you complain about this?
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 23:50   Link #418
Lolfang
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
More versions = more distribution = your version gets viewed by more people. How can you complain about this?
He claims credit, and the casual downloader knows no better.
Old 2008-03-17, 23:53   Link #419
Xabin
Careless

Send a message via MSN to Xabin
You're just giving him attention.
Nobody will download his "release" anyway.
Xabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 04:28   Link #420
checkers
Part 8
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to checkers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolfang View Post
He claims credit, and the casual downloader knows no better.
Proof the community is only interested in fame!!!11
checkers is offline   Reply With Quote