Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-08-13, 08:08   Link #481
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the GSD movies were a full retelling of the story in several different parts (4 movies)
the geass movie is a VERY briff summery of the entire season in two hours removing many other importent events (the plot goes from "start" to "china arc" in 5 minutes)
they ment to give emphasis on the two people who were lelouch's main motivation in leading him to ZERO-REQUIEM
and since kallen gets captured during the the china arc, its cuts out half her scenes with lelouch.
and they still included the "live on" and kiss with kallen
meaning that no, it is NOT more canon thankyouverymuch
You forget that the geass movie is for CG S2. The first seed movie "The Empty Battlefield" was for episode 1 to 21 and is a 2 hours movies too. So in the end, it's practically the same. Anyway, I was just answering to Kid Ying post. I can't talk about the rest with you since I didn't see the movie But don't forget that movie >>> serie. It was the same in GS with Mwu death
Old 2009-08-13, 08:49   Link #482
darthfury78

Quote:
the reason i ask is because all the "couples" with the <--> lines are next to one another

You're that the "<-->" means that both parties are in love with each other, like Chiba x Tudduh and Orgi x Villetta, as well as Charles x Marianne.

The only one who never had the "<-->" was Lelouch, who only got:

*Lelouch <--> Death*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami99 View Post
lol so that actually confirms that milly WAS in love with Lelouch (I wasn't too sure actually).
And everytime I would mention this relationship, I would get bashed to death about it. A guy can't have his opinions heard. It always had to be either Shirley or Kallen who are Lelouch's love interest, buy not Milly. Oh well. Death was the only love interest that won in the end for Lelouch.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 09:05   Link #483
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
It's because Kaguya stands more for admiration, when Milly really likes Lelouch. I don't know what it says that Lelouch feels for Euphemia, i'll have to take it out of the box to see, since i can't read what is written in the pic, but it's probably something like Kaguya. Either way, she's the only girl who got a rose line from him.

Oh yeah, i forgot to say, even though it's pretty obvious: Rose stand for a feeling(could be love or not), blue for friendship or partnership, orange for family, green for contract and strong blue is for... Wanting to kill(or actually killing)( ).

I believed that Lelouch's feeling for Euphemia is that of a very close sibling relationship in the same manner as he has for Nunnally. She was one of the few people that he could confide in. Afterall, Euphemia was family to Lelouch and Nunnally.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 09:50   Link #484
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
You forget that the geass movie is for CG S2. The first seed movie "The Empty Battlefield" was for episode 1 to 21 and is a 2 hours movies too. So in the end, it's practically the same. Anyway, I was just answering to Kid Ying post. I can't talk about the rest with you since I didn't see the movie But don't forget that movie >>> serie. It was the same in GS with Mwu death
except that they didnt ADD anything new to this DVD
they only removed stuff out of lack for time, and put more emphasis on rolo and shierly because those are the two characters that led to Z-R
SEED got 3 movies for a 50 ep show
destiny got 4 eps
this one got 1 ep for a 25 ep show while cutting out all the beginning including much of lelouch's development (ep 7 was IMO one of the key moments in his character development, when he actually started to be somewhat heroic)
and what on earth makes you think that a recap movie is more canon then the anime its recaping
its like saying that the black rebellion DVD was canon while season 1 wasnt and everything that didnt appear there was non canon
Old 2009-08-13, 11:13   Link #485
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Well, it's not like they didn't add something new. Don't forget all the comments made by the characters, hehe... Okay it's not that big of a deal.

I understand where you getting at, Kusa and in a normal situation, i would even agree, but the movie is very rushed to say that this is really what they want to pass. I'm not even talking about Kallen, there is a lot of plans that are only mentioned or not mentioned at all. In the BK betrayal, for example, it goes directly to them pointing guns to Lelouch. All the talk before that between them and Schneisel simply doesn't exist in the movie(which, in fact, was good for me, because i always hated how Ohgi came with Villeta and no one gave a crap about it, haha).

Coming back to the romance field, for me, it's like making an amv, you see. With imagination, you can even make Ninalulu seems canon. Something like that is what happens in this movie, there is a super exposition of Shirley and lack of Kallen screentime.

I talked about the dvd in other thread. The first appearence that Kallen makes in the movie is when she loses for Xing-ke. All of her development before that episode is not in the movie. Her scenes in the prison also doesn't exist, she only reappears in the rescue. In fact, the kiss scene even seems a bit off the context, since there's litle to no kalulu development in the movie. There is the "live on", but even that is rushed, since their talks before that were also cut. By only watching the movie, you think Kallen got a little crush or even less.

With Shirley is quite the opposite. She got more than half an hour for her, the whole beginning of the movie is for her, the episode where Lelouch go out with hundreds of girls is there, the hat episode is there... You can notice that there is more of her going on because she is one of the reasons that why the shit hit the fan. Just like with Rolo. Besides the scene of him killing Shirley, you can not even notice that he was there initially to kill Lelouch. It's a much more sympathetic view of his chara, so there is really something going on for them.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 13:53   Link #486
Frostfire
No Eyes

To put some more holes in the whole argument about canon this or canon that, please listen to the Shirley's dialogue. If the show is meant to show it as canon, then why the hell does she question whether or not she actually loves Lelouch?

If you'd actually listen to the dialogue, you'd know that it is in fact not presented in any way as being canon of some sort of super love, its about sympathetic exposition, the summary is as vague as the vagueness of the anime.

Moving right along...

Last edited by Frostfire; 2009-08-13 at 14:21.
Frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 14:00   Link #487
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

its nothing new
the only real bit of "new" info" you get is that they replaced kallen's epilouge speech with one that has C.C declare that lelouch is DEAD for good
guess the "naa...lelouch ?" of the anime version gave people the wrong idea so they felt they had to hammer home the point
Old 2009-08-13, 14:21   Link #488
Nobodyman9
Banned

Oh c'mon Kusa-san, The ZR DVD can't replace all the development that happened in the actual series. I mean, I know I said the same thing about Shirlulu being what the staff wanted to leave in our minds, but I was just joking about it. As blade said, the most-likely scenario is that he loved both of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
To put some more wholes in the whole argument about canon this or canon that, please listen to the Shirley's dialogue. If the show is meant to show it as canon, then why the hell does she question whether or not she actually loves Lelouch?

If you'd actually listen to the dialogue, you'd know that it is in fact not presented in any way as being canon of some sort of super love, the summary is as vague as the vagueness of the anime.

Moving right along...
Well, lets just get one thing clear is that there's no doubt that Shirley truly loved Lelouch. Of course knowing that he had a geass that could control people's minds I think it's only natural to wonder if she may have been controlled, just as Kallen wondered if she may have been controlled.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 14:27   Link #489
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Well, lets just get one thing clear is that there's no doubt that Shirley truly loved Lelouch. Of course knowing that he had a geass that could control people's minds I think it's only natural to wonder if she may have been controlled, just as Kallen wondered if she may have been controlled.
I never said that she did not nor did I question the acceptable/inacceptable levels behind it. But the point I was knocking home, or at least trying, was that it was not about showing one thing as canon or not, because the insert of that line would contradict such a notion. The line and everything presented is about a sympathetic exposition of the characters that led to ZR.

If you want to strike up the comparison with Kallen and Shirley, you may as well compare apples to oranges. The situations are vastly different and comparing to Kallen, who at all times gave Lelouch the benefit of the doubt, you'd be setting up a poor comparison.

To repeat myself, though. I wasn't saying it was uncalled for or nonsensical in its presentation. It made perfect sense, but you have wonder what a line like that would be doing if they were there to show EPIC LOVE between two characters. It was about sympathy.

Quote:
its nothing new
the only real bit of "new" info" you get is that they replaced kallen's epilouge speech with one that has C.C declare that lelouch is DEAD for good
guess the "naa...lelouch ?" of the anime version gave people the wrong idea so they felt they had to hammer home the point
I need to watch it again, I want to say it was there, just not at the same timing as before. Maybe I am wrong.
Frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 17:42   Link #490
shinigami99

I wonder what will happen if Kallen and C.C. somehow meet up again after Lelouch died. It would be interesting to see the conversation between them. Of course the main topic WILL be Lelouch and I wonder personally how Kallen would would approach C.C. after what happened in their last "meeting". Maybe embarrassed slightly? lol
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 17:47   Link #491
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami99 View Post
I wonder what will happen if Kallen and C.C. somehow meet up again after Lelouch died. It would be interesting to see the conversation between them. Of course the main topic WILL be Lelouch and I wonder personally how Kallen would would approach C.C. after what happened in their last "meeting". Maybe embarrassed slightly? lol
all truth be told
i'd expect kallen to rip C.C's hairs off and paint her sculp blue
then stick her in a trash bin, tape the lid shut, and kick her down a flight of stairs
and before kicking her, say something like "this is for letting lelouch commit suicide and not telling me about it in time to stop him, you inhuman heartless bitch"

or something along those lines
somehow i get the sense that if anything, C.C would be met with hostility from kallen for knowing what lelouch was really after and not lifting a finger to protect him
Old 2009-08-13, 18:10   Link #492
shinigami99

Quote:
all truth be told
i'd expect kallen to rip C.C's hairs off and paint her sculp blue
then stick her in a trash bin, tape the lid shut, and kick her down a flight of stairs
and before kicking her, say something like "this is for letting lelouch commit suicide and not telling me about it in time to stop him, you inhuman heartless bitch"

or something along those lines
somehow i get the sense that if anything, C.C would be met with hostility from kallen for knowing what lelouch was really after and not lifting a finger to protect him
Problem is, Kallen didnt really give CC a chance to tell her didn't she....owned her within a few seconds.....Personally I think Kallen may be slightly embarrassed dat she made her judgement so quickly that Lelouch was evil without thinking about it too much. On the other hand, Lelouch didnt answer her questions when she was walking with him inside the school(when they kissed).
It would really be interesting to see how it would pan out
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 18:30   Link #493
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

"embarrassed" is not the word i would choose for it
"misplaced feelings of guilt" are more likely (if she does feel anything about not believing in him)
and its not just that she didnt tell kallen about it
its that she didnt stop him herself
Old 2009-08-14, 07:53   Link #494
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Actually, i think that a meeting between them would be like a two friends face each other after a long time, they would talk about the good times and everything would end in a pillow fight.

Seriously. I don't think there's any room for animosity in their relationship anymore. It's not like C.C had the chance to tell her and it's not like she should do it, afterall, she was only listening to Lelouch orders. If Kallen wants to blame someone for it, blame Lelouch, hehe. The girls lived together for a long time. I'm sure both of them understood their reasons for doing what they did.

So, i'll still stick with the pillow fight... Followed by a kiss.
Old 2009-08-14, 09:15   Link #495
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

i dont mind watching them fight, as long was we get to watch them make up

speaking of C.C and Kallen
does anyone watching spice and wolf get the sense that horo is a combination of both
many aspects of her are very C.C (kuudere, hundreds of years old, playful with her partner, etc)
but when she gets emotional and blushes she seems alot more like Kallen (and she is voiced by ami-chan)
and her love interest is voice by lelouch's VA
the last story arc in particular has her ask lawrence "what am i to you" in a way that made me say "this cant be an accident"

its almost like they decided "some people like C.C some people like kallen, lets make a character that is both to please both sides"
Old 2009-08-14, 13:45   Link #496
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
i dont mind watching them fight, as long was we get to watch them make up.
If by make up you mean they have a friendly little mud-wrestling match, then yes, by all means

As for the rest, I haven't seen Spice and Wolf so I can't comment.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 17:23   Link #497
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
does anyone watching spice and wolf get the sense that horo is a combination of both
many aspects of her are very C.C (kuudere, hundreds of years old, playful with her partner, etc)
but when she gets emotional and blushes she seems alot more like Kallen (and she is voiced by ami-chan)
the last story arc in particular has her ask lawrence "what am i to you" in a way that made me say "this cant be an accident"
While I'll agree that Horo seems to be an approximately 1:1 ratio of kuudere to tsundere, it's possibly just coincidence that such a combo seems to be a mix of C.C. and Kallen. To the best of my knowledge, Spice and Wolf started being written prior to Code Geass (as light novels at any rate), so if anything it would be more likely that the writers of CG separated Horo into C.C. and Kallen.

(Admittably the whole thing where the VA for Horo and Lawrence are Kallen's and Lelouch's repectively makes the similarities more striking. And the 'what am I to you' conversation came off as what Kallen and Lelouch might have said: "I can't express it in words." It's both sweet and trite at the same time.)

youngde, signing off.
Old 2009-08-16, 17:24   Link #498
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
i dont mind watching them fight, as long was we get to watch them make up

its almost like they decided "some people like C.C some people like kallen, lets make a character that is both to please both sides"
I always wanted to see that series just because of the voice actors. I don't even need to see what is happening, just hearing them would be enough... And in fact, it would be better, so i can imagine it's Lelouch and Kallen interacting, heheh. Maybe someday i'll watch like this, thinking it's Code Geass R3 and totally ignoring that they are different charas. lol

Either way, yeah, maybe C.C and Kallen could argue a little if the ever met each other again, but i'm sure it wouldn't be so big, maybe a slap from Kallen and that's it. If Kallen did understand Lelouch in the end, it's impossible for her to hold a grudge against anyone involved in it...
Old 2009-08-16, 17:29   Link #499
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

the grudge wouldnt be about what they did in Z-R
but rather, "how could C.C who claims to care about lelouch allow him to carry on with his planned suicide"
its not really about Z-R, but rather about C.C going along with what lelouch wanted rather then trying to protect him
Old 2009-08-16, 17:56   Link #500
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
I always wanted to see that series just because of the voice actors. I don't even need to see what is happening, just hearing them would be enough... And in fact, it would be better, so i can imagine it's Lelouch and Kallen interacting, heheh. Maybe someday i'll watch like this, thinking it's Code Geass R3 and totally ignoring that they are different charas. lol
The series is worth it just to hear what Kallen might sound like if she were drunk.